The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Villa v Fulham Match thread

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Villa v Fulham Match thread

Post by Trotters on Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:25 pm

Jonathon Terrance with his first goal!

Impressive pressure so far. Fulham their own worst enemies.

Elmohamady is shit.
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:36 pm

Adomah turning out to be a bit of a revelation on the left wing, going to be hard for Green to get back into the team.

Last edited by deadbuzzardalive on Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 on Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:51 pm

By far the better team, it's heartening to think Fulham fans must look at their team and be thinking the kind of things we have about ours.

Whelan needs shooting. For me, their goal weighs heavily on his shoulders, what an absolute wrongcock giving away a free-kick on the edge of the box. A shit player with no excuses.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters on Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:58 pm

Wrong-cock! Hahahahahaha.

I can't fathom Bananason being on the pitch. We were down to ten men. Pointless substitution.

But aside from a nervy last few minutes, a good win. Fantastic save from Johnstone and an epic performance from Snodgrass.

I missed the winner as AVTV seemed to have gone down.

Right...who's next?
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip on Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:00 pm

I'd love to see Lyden replace Whelan permanently.
3 pts and in playoff position so have to be happy with that.
Let's hope the scum get beat at Millwall.
Let's hope we do the scum next week.
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Joppe84 on Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:06 pm

Couldn't be arsed with ruining another weekend with Steve Bruce football.

Let me guess. We played shit. We were effective. Got pressured hard and essentially backs to the wall from the point of 2-1. Whelan was shit. Lansbury was shit. Elmo was shit. Or Steve Bruce's signings were shit.
Joppe84

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:26 pm

Can't really complain about that, good win against a decent side, which I think makes it something like five wins out of the last six league games, and only one defeat in the last ten.

Just a pity Wolves, Cardiff and Sheffield United keep winning. Still we're in the play-off positions for the first time since relegation, so hopefully we can kick on from here and make an assault on the top two.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan on Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:43 pm

I could make a couple of complaints but a decent 3 points and into the top 6 so I won't. Happy with that
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:31 pm

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller on Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:09 pm

@deadbuzzardalive wrote:Can't really complain about that, good win against a decent side, which I think makes it something like five wins out of the last six league games, and only one defeat in the last ten.

Just a pity Wolves, Cardiff and Sheffield United keep winning. Still we're in the play-off positions for the first time since relegation, so hopefully we can kick on from here and make an assault on the top two.

I question how long these teams can keep winning tbh. Wolves might stick it out but even today they were second best apparently and managed to nick it again. Cardiff and Sheff Utd could be building up ahead of steam like Huddersfield and Reading did last year but I'm just not sure they've got the stamina, or the ability, to keep this form up with other sides breathing down their necks. IF we managed to win the next two then I think we'll be right in there.
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head on Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:01 pm

After a goalless loss a win is particularly important, regardless of the performance, so I'm extremely relieved. All bodes well in terms of building momentum - as long as Plan A holds up.
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles on Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:09 pm

@Villa_Dan wrote:I could make a couple of complaints but a decent 3 points and into the top 6 so I won't. Happy with that

Agree with this, three points against a decent side who contrived in their own downfall but I ain't complaining, long may it continue! Scarf Waving
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 on Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:29 pm

@Joppe84 wrote:Couldn't be arsed with ruining another weekend with Steve Bruce football.

Let me guess. We played shit. We were effective. Got pressured hard and essentially backs to the wall from the point of 2-1. Whelan was shit. Lansbury was shit. Elmo was shit. Or Steve Bruce's signings were shit.

We played well and were effective, a lot more about us than last week. We were under pressure at times but applied more on them for much of the game. It was a little messy for the last 5mins but Fulham have a reputation this season for making something out of nothing during that period and we just looked like we didn't want to let anything in whatever happened.

Whelan was shit yes, Lansbury didn't play and Elmo repeatedly hoofed the ball up the right.

Overall, you probably missed a pretty good peformance.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 on Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:36 pm

Oh and Adomah is surely our best player? Great performance from an absolute star.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 on Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:38 pm

And finally, I strongly believe all of the above happened in spite of Bruce, not because of him.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbop on Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:08 pm

Hahaha. Great comments. Imagine if we had of won

jimbop

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 on Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:43 pm

@jimbop wrote:Hahaha. Great comments. Imagine if we had of won

You might've missed all the positive comments I put so here they are again (I've struck out the one negative):

@VTID85 wrote:We played well and were effective, a lot more about us than last week. We were under pressure at times but applied more on them for much of the game. It was a little messy for the last 5mins but Fulham have a reputation this season for making something out of nothing during that period and we just looked like we didn't want to let anything in whatever happened.

Whelan was shit yes, Lansbury didn't play and Elmo repeatedly hoofed the ball up the right.

Overall, you probably missed a pretty good peformance.

Oh and Adomah is surely our best player? Great performance from an absolute star.

And finally, I strongly believe all of the above happened in spite of Bruce, not because of him.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbop on Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:53 pm

Sorry mate. Wasn't meaning to directly reply to you

jimbop

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:07 pm

@AstonThriller wrote:
@deadbuzzardalive wrote:Can't really complain about that, good win against a decent side, which I think makes it something like five wins out of the last six league games, and only one defeat in the last ten.

I question how long these teams can keep winning tbh. Wolves might stick it out but even today they were second best apparently and managed to nick it again. Cardiff and Sheff Utd could be building up ahead of steam like Huddersfield and Reading did last year but I'm just not sure they've got the stamina, or the ability, to keep this form up with other sides breathing down their necks. IF we managed to win the next two then I think we'll be right in there.

Surprised to see that Wolves have more points now than Newcastle or any other team did at this point last season. Still, I think they'll hit a rough patch at some stage and then we'll see how they cope. I thought Cardiff would have faltered by now but they're still up there, no doubt they've benefited from our poor start, if we can keep up our current form then we might catch them, we've got a tough three games coming up though.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:40 pm

Apparently Bruce has said we're going to try and 'break the bank' for Onomah, he's had a few iffy games, but all in all, I think he's an excellent player. Think we might need to get promoted before we have a chance though.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters on Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:35 am

We've a few players that stand out and he's one (opposite to Whelan who was mentioned that I genuinely didn't know was playing).

But if Bruce has really said anything along the lines of "breaking the bank" when it involves Daniel Levy then there is nothing in the English language to describe his fuckwittery.
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller on Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:05 am

@deadbuzzardalive wrote:

Surprised to see that Wolves have more points now than Newcastle or any other team did at this point last season. Still, I think they'll hit a rough patch at some stage and then we'll see how they cope. I thought Cardiff would have faltered by now but they're still up there, no doubt they've benefited from our poor start, if we can keep up our current form then we might catch them, we've got a tough three games coming up though.

Yeah Wolves are a massive ONE POINT better off then Toon were this time last season as seen HERE Very Happy . I think that's more to do with Toon's shocking start (lost first two games) than anything else tbh. What's interesting when you look at that table though was Norwich were absolutely flying at the early stage of the season and looked every bit as good as Newcastle imo. But then they went to Toon and lost a match they were well up in and they just fell off the rails. Look how far back Leeds, Reading and Fulham were from top spot too? That's why all the big talk those Wolves fans are talking is simply futile right now. I will not believe the hype until they prove it over the winter months.

Anyway as for Bruce. Well, I can't fault him tbh. He learned from last week's mistake because I always believed that playing 442 made Wolves look better than they actually are. We went back to 433 today and look what happened? Mentally, being in that top five should be a great thing for the lads because they can see that their hard work is paying off. Last season when we made that late run it just seemed like we were swimming in the middle of an ocean with no island in sight. But we can see one now, and the key is to keep piling on the pressure until someone falters. All these teams above us will have to come to VP at some stage and then we will see what they are all about.
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan on Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:18 am

I have been happy with Onomah so far this season but yesterday was the 1st game when I genuinely thought he grabbed attention. Work rate, hustle, passing etc. Him and Adomah were on fire, Hourihan had a good game too
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller on Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:22 am

Onomah has always had the class imo but being in and out of the side hasn't helped the lad. Now hopefully he will get a good run of games and I have no doubt he'll prove his worth.
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Joppe84 on Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:32 am

@deadbuzzardalive wrote:Apparently Bruce has said we're going to try and 'break the bank' for Onomah, he's had a few iffy games, but all in all, I think he's an excellent player. Think we might need to get promoted before we have a chance though.

He's the sort of players we should be buying, but I'd rather leave that judgement call to our next manager.

Considering how shite Bruce has been in the transfer market there's no reason to give him anymore cash. Whelan shite, Hogan shite, Elmo shite.
Joppe84

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum