The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Aston Villa match thread

+16
ember
UnclePanda
Jae1411
Wookster
Fpuppys
De Kuip
Army villain
achilles
VTID85
NARLA24
Boldfinger
FoxyAV
Trotters
Saunders82
deadbuzzardalive
AstonThriller
20 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Aston Villa match thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Aston Villa match thread

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:27 am

We made Wolves look good as they wanted it more than us? They pressed us all game we passed it around 2 or 3 times then due to the poor passing had to hoof the ball and expect Davis and Kodja to control a ball dropping out the heavens?

All Wolves did was pass and move and we had no idea how to deal with it? The amount of times they found the front 3 in acres of space was embarrassing! The only bright spark was that Hutton had his once a year decent game for us!

Bruce needs to be replaced ASAP! However our leaders seem to accept mediocrity as the benchmark? Heavens forbid we should employ a proper coach like Santo?
DelboyVilla

Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Aston Villa match thread - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Aston Villa match thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Aston Villa match thread

Post by achilles Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:59 am

I think a lot of fans are saying 'Wolves were great' etc because it is self denial of just how far we have fallen and average we have become and basically not wanting to accept that fact! Is is all rather sad and depressing. Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Aston Villa match thread - Page 3 1327487109
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:10 am

achilles wrote:I think a lot of fans are saying 'Wolves were great' etc because it is self denial of just how far we have fallen and average we have become and basically not wanting to accept that fact! Is is all rather sad and depressing. Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Aston Villa match thread - Page 3 1327487109  

It's pathetic some of the bollox some of these fans are spewing. We were beaten far worse at Cardiff (it should have been at least six nill) and everyone went mad. We lose at Wolves and people are prepared to accept it? Weren't we beaten at Reading the same way? Weren't we outclassed by Brentford on our own pitch even worse than yesterday? Yet apparently Wolves are now "Barcelona #2" Laughing
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Aston Villa match thread - Page 3 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:46 am

I've just had a look on their forum and they're getting really emotional about it, as if they've won a cup or something, talking about, a power-shift in west midlands football, and how it's a watershed for them.

They're a decent team and deserved their win yesterday, but nowhere near as good as is being made out by some, I even saw a comment suggesting that second place still might be up for grabs, as if Wolves already have the league sewn up.

I'm pretty sure that this time last year small heath were a similar number of points ahead of us, I don't expect Wolves to collapse in the same way, but it does show how quickly things can change in this division.

I think people forget that before yesterday we were only four points behind them and had the game gone differently that would have been only one point, and that's with us having a very poor start to the season.
deadbuzzardalive

Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Aston Villa match thread - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:23 am

Wolves played well not great and performed at nearly 100% of their capability? We played at 40% of ours? We have a side filled with over paid over the hill professionals most with Premier League experience? How may of Wolves side have PL experience? John Ruddy? The rest are Untried players in this country?
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:35 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:I've just had a look on their forum and they're getting really emotional about it, as if they've won a cup or something, talking about, a power-shift in west midlands football, and how it's a watershed for them.

They're a decent team and deserved their win yesterday, but nowhere near as good as is being made out by some, I even saw a comment suggesting that second place still might be up for grabs, as if Wolves already have the league sewn up.

I'm pretty sure that this time last year small heath were a similar number of points ahead of us, I don't expect Wolves to collapse in the same way, but it does show how quickly things can change in this division.

I think people forget that before yesterday we were only four points behind them and had the game gone differently that would have been only one point, and that's with us having a very poor start to the season.

Perhaps it's bitterness or envy on my part, but I just don't think they will cut it in the winter months. Look at Leeds right now? They were destroying teams all over the place. And playing with a better style than Wolves. But all of a sudden they've now lost three games in a row and we're right behind them. Let's see how Wolves get on at Reading, Preston, Bristol, Leeds, Fulham, Wednesday etc. Cardiff were top of the league just the other day, things WILL change at the top, I'm certain of that. And the reason is because no team in this division are as powerful as what Newcastle were last season...so everyone still has a chance.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:53 pm

I think they will be there or thereabouts come the end of the season, I just don't think that they're as far ahead of everyone else as is being suggested.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:59 pm

On reflection I agree with @AstonThriller I think that the winter months will catch up with Wolves, especially as complacency will take a hold and on top of that they have only one striker, injuries will occur!

This division is definitely much weaker this season especially without Newcastle who were the stand out side last season with Brighton a very close second.
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:10 am

We were well beaten on the day by a team that were up for the derby and all it entails, we on the other hand were just our usual, sitting back inviting them on to us and all the pressure that brings. Both goals had an element of luck & Villa sloppiness for me, you have to question the coaching etc for games like that, not a happy week for us methinks. Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Aston Villa match thread - Page 3 4025243045
Saunders82
Saunders82

Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Aston Villa match thread - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:05 pm

It's been an absolute sh/t few days for me tbh. Villa went missing again and my Kansas City Chiefs got beat as well. Some weekends are just designed to ruin your whole bloody week.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:37 pm

I was disappointed to see that we have no midweek game, I think we need to get this result out of system asap. We're lucky that most other results went our way over the weekend, beat Fulham and things could start looking up, and it would at least show we can compete with the better teams in this division, but that's easier said than done, and can't say I'm at all confident of us doing so.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:04 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:I was disappointed to see that we have no midweek game, I think we need to get this result out of system asap. We're lucky that most other results went our way over the weekend, beat Fulham and things could start looking up, and it would at least show we can compete with the better teams in this division, but that's easier said than done, and can't say I'm at all confident of us doing so.

Fulham have been very iffy this season tbh. Haven't looked anything like the attacking force they were last season. Also not all that sound at the back either. Cairney has been on the bench in recent times and they still lack a twenty goal a season striker. I believe we have an opportunity to get a good result but sticking with 442 would really concern me tbh. I think 433, with O'Hare replacing Davis would probably be better as O'Hare could play in that number ten role and still support Kodjia whilst giving us an extra man in the midfield too.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:14 pm

I honestly don't want us to see PL football under Bruce. More of the recent shite would be effing embarrassing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wriggle Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:12 am

What a nightmare these past few days have been for me. Coming from just north of Wolves, most of my family and friends are Wolves fans and i haven't heard the end of it!

Yes, they out played us, but certainly weren't world beaters as some have been suggesting.

One suggested that they would have beaten any premier league team on Saturday!

Another has said that when they go up in the summer, they will be signing Ronaldo!!! He will come apparently as Mendes is his agent, they will pay him 2m a week in wages, but will make that back from worldwide sales!

I know a lot of football fans are deluded, but come on... Laughing at You
Wriggle
Wriggle

Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Aston Villa match thread - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:24 am

I just don't want to see us losing a derby game without scoring at least one goal.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Aston Villa match thread - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:20 pm

I can well believe that about Wolves fans thinking they'd have a chance of signing C.Ronaldo, not all of them of course but plenty of them seem to think that once they reach the Premier league they'll be 'another Man City', some even thought they had a chance of getting Diego Costa on loan this summer because he's a Mendes Client.

In general I normally don't mind Wolves at all, but they're getting so far ahead of themselves at the moment that I really hope they get pulled back down to earth soon.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:20 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:I can well believe that about Wolves fans thinking they'd have a chance of signing C.Ronaldo, not all of them of course but plenty of them seem to think that once they reach the Premier league they'll be 'another Man City', some even thought they had a chance of getting Diego Costa on loan this summer because he's a Mendes Client.

In general I normally don't mind Wolves at all, but they're getting so far ahead of themselves at the moment that I really hope they get pulled back down to earth soon.

They will face a harsh reality if they go up. City will continue to spend, Liverpool will have 100m of Coutinho money in their pockets, plus the TV money, Chelsea will be Chelsea, Man Utd will spend what they need to etc. Wolves haven't even outspent us in this league, so how the hell are they gonna be another "city"? SMH.

I saw another Villa fan claim that Wolves were "the best team we've played since we went down"...again it's the desperation from some of these fans to kiss other teams backsides that makes me laugh. Since coming down the best team I've seen in-terms of playing style and ability were Fulham last season. I mean, they went to Toon and won 4-0, they looked absolutely frightening at times last season. And this Wolves side are nowhere near that imo.

But let's see how this thing plays out. Let's see if Wolves can handle being leaders now, and if their squad will be able to cope with injuries and suspensions etc. If they do, then fair play, But like I said, Leeds were in their position just weeks ago and have fallen apart lately.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:12 pm

So Bruce makes a comment about Wolves having 80% foreign players against us the other week, and all of a sudden the Wolves scum start pumping out their chests again and running their mouths!!!..those idiots are desperate for attention, aren't they? And apparently they are now the "bigger club" and we were "humiliated and embarrassed" when we played them Laughing

Oh man these lot are unreal aren't they? We were beaten worse at Cardiff but I guess Wolves, being a club that's used to being a tinpot institution, will grab every "victory" they can get. Thankfully most Villa fans have ignored the baiting on Twitter!!..much to their disappointment. I really cannot wait to play them at VP!!!..Steve won't be stupid enough to play 442 and then we will see what Wolves are all about at our place.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:36 pm

They were somehow linked to Winks, last week by HITC, and their fans were talking about how he wouldn't get in their side, ahead of Saiss, Neves, and another player who's name I forget; Winks a player who's just got into England team, and is getting games at Tottenham, and started for them against Real Madrid, but somehow not good enough for Wolves.

I think any set of fans would be pleased if they were top of the league and trying to play decent football, but they're definitely getting ahead of themselves on so many levels, if they end up failing it will be all the more painful for them.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:21 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:They were somehow linked to Winks, last week by HITC, and their fans were talking about how he wouldn't get in their side, ahead of Saiss, Neves, and another player who's name I forget; Winks a player who's just got into England team, and is getting games at Tottenham, and started for them against Real Madrid, but somehow not good enough for Wolves.

I think any set of fans would be pleased if they were top of the league and trying to play decent football, but they're definitely getting ahead of themselves on so many levels, if they end up failing it will be all the more painful for them.

Honestly, It's been a long time since I've disliked a team's fans as much as I dislike those delusional prats. I never minded Wolves before, they were just a team from our patch who we'd play on the odd occasion and there was no tension between the clubs. But their behaviour since their takeover has been quite staggering. If they had man city type of funds then fair enough. But they don't, and I think they are in for a world of disappointment when it dawns on them they would be just like the other also-rans in the premiership IF they manage to get promotion. I mean, last season was a complete disaster for them. And that was WITH Mendes pulling the strings and effectively cheating by forcing his young clients to go and play for them. This year, it's worked out great, but is such a philosophy really gonna cut it when you're coming up against top class opponents every week and your team is packed full of young Portuguese lads from other teams reserves? Their fans seem to be under the impression that if they go up somehow they'd get "Ronaldo" type of players Laughing . I believe all they will get is more Mendes clients sprinkled in with a few players with premiership experience. We saw how such a strategy can be the downfall of a side in our last season in the prem, so good luck with that.

All in all I just hope we continue to pile the pressure on them. A seven point gap is nothing and they are gonna have to go the likes of Leeds, Norwich, Fulham, Reading, Wednesday etc and we'll see what transpires. I maintain that a bad patch will arrive sooner rather than later and that's when we'll have to strike.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:32 am

I see Benfica-B Wanderers are celebrating their LOSS to Man City yesterday!!! Very Happy ...are they aware that Middleborough actually went to Man City under Karanka, AND WON? And the same team then went to Man Utd and guess what? THEY WON AGAIN. Meant absolutely nothing when they got back in the Premiership though. Then to top it off I hear a Wolves fan on Talksport last night mention the Villa game AGAIN!!!...SMH I'm sure they will be putting that result on their honours list at the end of the season.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:25 pm

They seem to have an hissy fit now, after every match, if the manager of the opposition doesn't heap praise on them. They're talking about Guardiola, as if he's a sore loser, despite the fact that his team won, and he actually praised Wolves, he just didn't go overboard, like they seem to think they deserve. I even saw some of them trying to predict the 'excuses' that Holloway will use when they beat QPR at the weekend.

Funniest comment , was one of them in all seriousness suggesting that they taught other teams how to play against Man City last night, and that it could well lead to West Brom getting a result at the weekend.

To be fair they are looking good at the moment. I've doubted their strength in depth, but their second string gave City a good game last night, and also knocked Southampton out of the last round. But if they do go on a bad run, I'm not sure how their fans will cope, being as though they suddenly seem think they're some amazing team who everyone should bow down to.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:26 pm

Well I wouldn't really call it a "second string" side considering Coady, Batthe, Costa, Bright, Cavaleiro and Bonatini all featured. A second string side imo is the team we put out against Boro, but I digress.

The issue is about whether Wolves are good or not, they clearly are a very good side at this level. And if they go on to do a Newcastle or Brighton then fair enough, they can run their mouths off. It's just the delusions they have about how far they will actually go which make me laugh. Right now they are a massive TWO POINTS ahead of Cardiff and Sheff Utd, does that sound like they are running away with it? I think it's as much about their system catching teams off guard than anything else. That's why it's gonna be interesting to see how they go when teams get used to it by Xmas.

But all the gloating and big talk will make it all the sweeter if they/when we handle them at VP and if they fail to get promoted. I mean, could you imagine that? Very Happy

As for Pep, the guy basically dismissed the league cup as a "distraction" the other day, so needless to say I wasn't surprised about their poor showing last night. I think Wolves going to QPR after half of their players played yesterday could work in QPR's favour. They have a very physical side and the crowd really helps them on their own patch. Don't be surprised if they do Wolves just like Cardiff did.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3