The Bells Are Ringing


WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!


Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Aston Villa match thread

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Aston Villa match thread

Post by Joppe84 on Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:13 pm

Fantastic how these professional footballers whine after the referee lets play go on during an injury. The fact that the rules of the game are what they are seem to go past them
avatar
Joppe84



Posts : 3653
Reputation : 3038
Join date : 2015-06-17
Location : Oslo

Back to top Go down

Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Aston Villa match thread

Post by Joppe84 on Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:17 pm

Yep. And this is why Steve Bruce is such a disappointment and should be replaced.
avatar
Joppe84



Posts : 3653
Reputation : 3038
Join date : 2015-06-17
Location : Oslo

Back to top Go down

Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Aston Villa match thread

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:24 pm

Only good thing about that first half is that we aren't losing; the worst thing about it, is that we're making Wolves look much better than they actually are. We need to keep hold of the ball much better than we are doing, and getting people like Hourihane, Adomah, Snodgrass, Kodjia and Davis on the ball in the final third. Working their goalkeeper would be nice too.

deadbuzzardalive



Posts : 2305
Reputation : 1449
Join date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Aston Villa match thread

Post by Fpuppys on Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:29 pm

For Hutton a second later could have ended our game (straight and a penalty) Second half will be very testing with Snodgrass on a yellow along with Hourihane and the Wolves tend to outplay team in the final 3rd of the game, still the refs been kind so far.

avatar
Fpuppys



Posts : 797
Reputation : 369
Join date : 2014-04-28
Age : 52
Location : Wishing I was somewhere else.

Back to top Go down

Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Aston Villa match thread

Post by Wookster on Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:32 pm

Who is David Prudhom? spouting half time shite on Sky, never a household name in his career
avatar
Wookster



Posts : 533
Reputation : 227
Join date : 2014-04-15
Location : Leeds for my sins

Back to top Go down

Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Aston Villa match thread

Post by Wookster on Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:34 pm

Like how Don Goodman said Hourihanes trip was the most blatant of the season, hasn't he seen Lansburys that got his red
avatar
Wookster



Posts : 533
Reputation : 227
Join date : 2014-04-15
Location : Leeds for my sins

Back to top Go down

Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Aston Villa match thread

Post by Joppe84 on Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:49 pm

Only football we are capable of is hoofing it and knocking in from the corner flag. This is on Bruce. And it will never improve because he clearly has no fucking clue how to get us to play football on the grass. Sack him tomorrow please. And however decided Steve Bruce was a good idea, whether it was Brian Little or whoever, sack those as well.
avatar
Joppe84



Posts : 3653
Reputation : 3038
Join date : 2015-06-17
Location : Oslo

Back to top Go down

Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Aston Villa match thread

Post by Joppe84 on Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:50 pm

24% possession lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
avatar
Joppe84



Posts : 3653
Reputation : 3038
Join date : 2015-06-17
Location : Oslo

Back to top Go down

Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Aston Villa match thread

Post by Joppe84 on Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:52 pm

Our most positive attacking player is Alan Fucking Hutton. Ridiculous
avatar
Joppe84



Posts : 3653
Reputation : 3038
Join date : 2015-06-17
Location : Oslo

Back to top Go down

Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Aston Villa match thread

Post by achilles on Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:53 pm

Well that was coming, unfortunately the dingles are the better side and we have a master tactician in charge so nothing will happen until it gets worse!
avatar
achilles



Posts : 1725
Reputation : 1305
Join date : 2014-05-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Aston Villa match thread

Post by Joppe84 on Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:02 pm

Of all the shite managers we've had the last 5-6 years, I honestly think it's the first manager I genuinly dislike.
avatar
Joppe84



Posts : 3653
Reputation : 3038
Join date : 2015-06-17
Location : Oslo

Back to top Go down

Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Aston Villa match thread

Post by Jae1411 on Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:03 pm

and back to reality.

Jae1411



Posts : 404
Reputation : 222
Join date : 2014-05-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Aston Villa match thread

Post by UnclePanda on Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:07 pm

brace yourself for another season, at least, in this league
avatar
UnclePanda



Posts : 705
Reputation : 287
Join date : 2014-04-21
Location : Redditch

Back to top Go down

Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Aston Villa match thread

Post by Joppe84 on Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:07 pm

Look at how Wolves have offball movement. Look at their individual skill. We signed Whelan. Elmo and other shite.

I'm so done with AVFC under Bruce
avatar
Joppe84



Posts : 3653
Reputation : 3038
Join date : 2015-06-17
Location : Oslo

Back to top Go down

Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Aston Villa match thread

Post by ember on Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:10 pm

I might have carried on watching that after the second goal had the stupid fuck-knuckle not put Onomah on. That was the final straw.

That twat has been a liability every time he's come on in the last few games and sure as shit isn't going to be the key to clawing back a two-goal deficit.

Get to fuck, Bruce, you sugarbag.
avatar
ember



Posts : 627
Reputation : 1146
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Aston Villa match thread

Post by achilles on Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:16 pm

To be fair we won't meet a better side this season, there are nailed on for promotion, far better than us in every aspect of playing football!
avatar
achilles



Posts : 1725
Reputation : 1305
Join date : 2014-05-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Aston Villa match thread

Post by Wookster on Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:28 pm

we've not been able to handle teams that are fluid and play with pace for the last couple of seasons, whoever has been in charge.

I find it amazing how someone can come into a club like Santo has and turn them around yet we seem to turn out the same old durge
avatar
Wookster



Posts : 533
Reputation : 227
Join date : 2014-04-15
Location : Leeds for my sins

Back to top Go down

Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Aston Villa match thread

Post by Fpuppys on Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:30 pm

At least the 2700 away fans can feel proud of themselves, 30239 biggest gate at the Molineux since 1981.

avatar
Fpuppys



Posts : 797
Reputation : 369
Join date : 2014-04-28
Age : 52
Location : Wishing I was somewhere else.

Back to top Go down

Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Aston Villa match thread

Post by achilles on Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:32 pm

Also he has done it immediately, none of this crap wanting time!
avatar
achilles



Posts : 1725
Reputation : 1305
Join date : 2014-05-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Aston Villa match thread

Post by AstonThriller on Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:01 pm

@achilles wrote:To be fair we won't meet a better side this season, there are nailed on for promotion, far better than us in every aspect of playing football!

It's not that they are that great, because Cardiff presented the blueprint of how to beat them already. The fact is playing two in the middle was always asking for trouble. A good manager knows how to adapt. But the dinosaur that is Bruce once again stood by idly whilst Nuno made a sneaky change at half-time to further improve his team's dominance. Sadly the board seem scared to make a big decision. Bruce will always nick a win or two in this league because of the quality we have in the team. But when it comes to long-term success I just cannot see it at all. Karanka remains available and I'd pull the trigger right now if it were up to me. But what's the chances of that when we just won four in a row? Today's game was no different to Leeds and Norwich away last season. He'll probably stick with exactly the same side against Fulham and lord knows how that game will be. One thing I'm sure of though is a top two spot is looking very iffy at the moment. Especially when you have a manager who can't beat the top teams.
avatar
AstonThriller



Posts : 1911
Reputation : 1698
Join date : 2014-04-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Aston Villa match thread

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:16 pm

We're not going up with Bruce in charge, and the club won't be brave enough to sack him, until it gets so bad that promotion is out of the question anyway. Poor decision making is really costing this club.

deadbuzzardalive



Posts : 2305
Reputation : 1449
Join date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Aston Villa match thread

Post by AstonThriller on Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:36 pm

@deadbuzzardalive wrote:We're not going up with Bruce in charge, and the club won't be brave enough to sack him, until it gets so bad that promotion is out of the question anyway. Poor decision making is really costing this club.

According to Harry Rednapp if Bruce would have lost at Barnsley then his time was up. Lose at home to Fulham then the pressure will be immense when we travel to the noses. And tbh it's a game I'm not looking forward to right now.
avatar
AstonThriller



Posts : 1911
Reputation : 1698
Join date : 2014-04-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Aston Villa match thread

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:43 pm

That's apparently what Bruce told Redknapp, but what was going through Xia and Wyness's head who knows.

Most frustrating thing about it, is this season's championship really isn't that strong. I'm seeing Villa fans heaping praise on Wolves as if they're on a different level, we made them look so much better than they actually are today, something we do to most teams we play.

deadbuzzardalive



Posts : 2305
Reputation : 1449
Join date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Aston Villa match thread

Post by Dazzle on Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:03 pm

@AstonThriller wrote:
@achilles wrote:To be fair we won't meet a better side this season, there are nailed on for promotion, far better than us in every aspect of playing football!

It's not that they are that great, because Cardiff presented the blueprint of how to beat them already. The fact is playing two in the middle was always asking for trouble. A good manager knows how to adapt. But the dinosaur that is Bruce once again stood by idly whilst Nuno made a sneaky change at half-time to further improve his team's dominance. Sadly the board seem scared to make a big decision. Bruce will always nick a win or two in this league because of the quality we have in the team. But when it comes to long-term success I just cannot see it at all. Karanka remains available and I'd pull the trigger right now if it were up to me. But what's the chances of that when we just won four in a row? Today's game was no different to Leeds and Norwich away last season. He'll probably stick with exactly the same side against Fulham and lord knows how that game will be. One thing I'm sure of though is a top two spot is looking very iffy at the moment. Especially when you have a manager who can't beat the top teams.

A top 2 place is “iffy” you say? I’ll go a couple of steps further, a top 2 finish with Bruce in charge is impossible. I’ve saved my judgement over the last month because we had fucking easy fixtures. The moment we meet anyone slightly capable we get bent over and fucked. Just the same as last season we’re incapable of beating anyone with a realistic chance of promotion. Smashed by Cardiff, smashed by Wolves. Couldn’t beat boro or Brentford. We’re fucking average in the championship after spending shed loads and having premier league players. Get used to this league and harder Financial Times under Bruce because they are coming.
avatar
Dazzle



Posts : 740
Reputation : 1096
Join date : 2014-08-10
Age : 44
Location : Oxford

Back to top Go down

Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Aston Villa match thread

Post by AstonThriller on Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:32 am

@deadbuzzardalive wrote:That's apparently what Bruce told Redknapp, but what was going through Xia and Wyness's head who knows.

Most frustrating thing about it, is this season's championship really isn't that strong. I'm seeing Villa fans heaping praise on Wolves as if they're on a different level, we made them look so much better than they actually are today, something we do to most teams we play.

LOL it's funny how some of these Villa fans love to kiss the backsides of others, isn't it? Laughing "Wolves are miles ahead of everyone else"...er Brentford were way more impressive against us imo but just couldn't finish. Also, Reading dominated the ball much better aswell. This defeat sticks in the throat because I really cannot stand the dingles at the moment. But let them have their time, we'll see how these Benfica/Porto reserve players are going when the winter hits and they are playing ten games in in two and a half weeks.

But anyway all today did was remind us how limited and one dimensional Bruce is. He simply cannot adapt. He'll find a little success with one thing and stick to it like glue even if it doesn't make sense against certain opponents. And just watch, he'll stick with the 442 against Fulham and allow them to overrun us aswell. Because he's a man that's scared of change. Also, how many teams has he beaten who were in the top six at the time we played them? The answer is very few. All he is right now is a flat track bully, nothing more.
avatar
AstonThriller



Posts : 1911
Reputation : 1698
Join date : 2014-04-21

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum