The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Steve Bruce thread

Page 36 of 43 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 39 ... 43  Next

Go down

Re: The Steve Bruce thread

Post by big ming on Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:25 am

I see that Elphick is getting very good reviews for his part in Hull's clean sheet where he "steadied and organised their young defence". We,of course, are one muscle strain away from having Jedinak back at CB.

big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla on Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:52 am

Well apparently Potato Head cannot understand why the travelling fans were calling for his head again after going one down? Which just goes to show how deluded the fucktard is!
Most sides in this league have had 4 to 5 changes in personnel yet they seem to be able to play as a team in a settled side?
Why was Adamoh brought in and El Ghazi dropped? Why is this the first game in the league we have seen Tuanzebe at CB? Why is Elmo still in the side? Why is our striker always isolated? The answer is simply Potato Head is an idiot!
In 12 months time when we haven't been promoted AGAIN and we lose Abrahams, Bolaise, Tuanzebe, El Ghazi, Chester and Grealish Potato Head can wheel out the same old excuses! Even his excuses are out of date and old!
Why can't the new owners see any of this?
Why do we always wait until it is too late to make the change?

DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by STO67 on Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:17 pm

If he knows the fans want him out, he should do the decent thing and negotiate a severance. I'd keep Steve Agnew but ship the rest of the coaches out.
STO67

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:07 pm

There's no way he's going to quit, he's too much of a narcissist to admit that it's just not working. After the game yesterday he mocked the fans concerns by calling it 'hysteria', saying we'd only lost one game in six, and questioned anyone questioning his spell at the club by claiming that we were second from bottom when he took over, we weren't that was actually Cardiff, who've since been promoted, with much less resources.

The day he leaves the club can't come soon enough for me. I hate to say it, but if defeat against Rotherham would ensure that he got the sack, then I'd take it for the greater good... I'm hoping he's dead man walking anyway, and NSWE are just waiting to complete a full takeover, which looks like it might be happening soon, before they pull the trigger, and start bringing their own men.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip on Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:11 pm

We're not hysterical we just don't like you....
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle on Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:58 pm

@De Kuip wrote:We're not hysterical we just don't like you....

It’s not that I don’t like him, it’s simply clear he’s not up to it. I hope that he either walks or is pushed very soon before things get really horrible for him.
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles on Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:42 pm

If we act fairly soon we still stand a chance as no team stands out like the last two seasons!

Interesting to see the team he picks on Tuesday.
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:44 pm

Some of his latest quotes, albeit he's mostly just repeating himself...

“You know what I’m like. I’m a resilient old t***. At these particular moments, that is what you need to be.”

Saturday’s defeat kept Villa 12th in the table, still just five points off the top and Bruce expressed some frustration at again finding his position under scrutiny.

The manager once more pointed to the club’s tumultuous summer off the field, which meant he could not sign any players until August 1, as a reason for Villa’s indifferent form.

He said: “They are all excuses and I understand that but it’s been a tough job.

“When you are manager of Aston Villa and you are trying to build a squad in three weeks, four weeks it’s not going to happen.

“We missed out on a left back, two centre-backs. I could have brought someone in for the sake of it but I had to be patient myself. I know what I’ve got here and what we’ve put together and we will be there or thereabouts given time.”

He continued: “If you’re manager of Aston Villa you come under the pump. The disappointing thing for me is that I’m always a week away from a crisis. For the sake of the club that has to change but I’m big enough to understand it.

“We’re starting again and the vast majority (of fans) will understand that. The ones who want me to leave anyway, I can’t do anything about it.”

He really would be better off just not saying anything at all now, as he's not endearing himself to fans with the stuff he comes out with, talk of having to rebuild the squad in three weeks is absolute nonsense, and more lies.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by STO67 on Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:12 pm

Saturday's defeat? Blimey, even the press are making stuff up!!

He missed out on one of those centre backs because he put a derisory bid in at the eleventh hour!!

You're a week away from a crisis because you start that crisis Steve, due to your inept tactics and team selection. Such an abundance of riches at your disposal and yet you cannot get a tune out of them. Lovely guy, but not up to the challenge of Aston Villa.
STO67

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip on Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:45 am

@Dazzle wrote:
@De Kuip wrote:We're not hysterical we just don't like you....

It’s not that I don’t like him, it’s simply clear he’s not up to it. I hope that he either walks or is pushed very soon before things get really horrible for him.

Was just a play on words referring to the O'Leary ""fickle" banner.
I dont dislike him, but if he stays much longer I might start to....
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla on Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:54 am

Those prcks at the Villa hating Bham Mail don't help by mocking the fans as well running articles like 'what other gaffers think of Potato Head?' like the managers union is going to slag each other off!

The left back he wanted went for a Prem club, one of the centre backs didn't like Bruceball and the other CB Potato Head waited until the last minute to make a bid even though he was warned not to my the selling club! The man is deluded! He never explained why he let one of our two senior CB's out on loan without a replacement coming in, leaving us with an inexperienced youngster and error prone midfielder as the only options?

The man is at a club far too big for him in an era when winning the league cannot be done using 1950's tactics of real men pulling on their boots. He needs to retire and go work on talkSport as he has loads of mates on there!

I have had it with the guy and I don't care about his record or if he is kind to puppy's in his spare time. He is a footballing Neanderthal who should be buried back in which ever peat bog we dug him out of! Call me hysterical but I have had enough of watching small teams like Bournemouth, Watford, Leicester, Southampton, Fulham, Cardiff, Burnley, Huddersfield, Brighton, Palace and Wolves all lauding it up it the Premier League. And what is the common denominator? They all have good managers (expect for Cardiff) not Geordie retards!

When will our new owners realize that Potato Head is not the man to get us promoted what ever sound bite and historic bull he comes up with! In my opinion they are in danger of losing the fans faster than Dr Tony loses billions! Action is required now!

DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle on Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:57 am

I think we’ve got to do our bit now to help get a managerial change. Anyone who uses social media etc has got to start using #bruceout to put pressure on, to shine a light for the new brooms who are in charge. Follow everything Aston Villa on social media and it’s #bruceout
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles on Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:01 am

@deadbuzzardalive wrote:Some of his latest quotes, albeit he's mostly just repeating himself...

“You know what I’m like. I’m a resilient old t***. At these particular moments, that is what you need to be.”

Saturday’s defeat kept Villa 12th in the table, still just five points off the top and Bruce expressed some frustration at again finding his position under scrutiny.

The manager once more pointed to the club’s tumultuous summer off the field, which meant he could not sign any players until August 1, as a reason for Villa’s indifferent form.

He said: “They are all excuses and I understand that but it’s been a tough job.

“When you are manager of Aston Villa and you are trying to build a squad in three weeks, four weeks it’s not going to happen.

“We missed out on a left back, two centre-backs. I could have brought someone in for the sake of it but I had to be patient myself. I know what I’ve got here and what we’ve put together and we will be there or thereabouts given time.”

He continued: “If you’re manager of Aston Villa you come under the pump. The disappointing thing for me is that I’m always a week away from a crisis. For the sake of the club that has to change but I’m big enough to understand it.

“We’re starting again and the vast majority (of fans) will understand that. The ones who want me to leave anyway, I can’t do anything about it.”

He really would be better off just not saying anything at all now, as he's not endearing himself to fans with the stuff he comes out with, talk of having to rebuild the squad in three weeks is absolute nonsense, and more lies.

A tough job is managing in the lower leagues with hardly any supporters and NO money, expecting to progress!
It is not a tough job when you have at your disposal the facilities and resources of Aston Villa, when you don't even have to get your hands dirty and take training because you have others to do it for you! When you can side line a £12m striker which is more than a lot of clubs have for an annual budget. There is absolutely no positivity from him at all, so how do the players feel!

Just piss off and take your pathetic excuses elsewhere! Bye
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV on Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:22 am

@achilles wrote:A tough job is managing in the lower leagues with hardly any supporters and NO money, expecting to progress!
It is not a tough job when you have at your disposal the facilities and resources of Aston Villa, when you don't even have to get your hands dirty and take training because you have others to do it for you! When you can side line a £12m striker which is more than a lot of clubs have for an annual budget. There is absolutely no positivity from him at all, so how do the players feel!

Just piss off and take your pathetic excuses elsewhere! Bye

Well, technically he's sidelined McCormack, Richards, Elphick, De Laet, Bree, Green, O'Hare, Lansbury, Hogan, Tshibola, Steer and who knows who else. I still believe we could put together a second squad that, under an even competent manager and topped up with one or two academy players, could finish in the top two. Throw in one or two players we'll only see as bit-players again like Hourihane, Adomah and so on and it's a seriously good team. I give you (and bear in mind we're bringing back loanees):

Steer
De Laet - Elphick - Academy CB - Academy RB (assuming Taylor is back in the first team!)
Adomah - Lansbury - Bjarnason - Green
Hogan - McCormack
That's a pretty good team right there.
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla on Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:25 am

Your right Foxy! Dean Smith in charge of those and he would be top of the league! In fact Delia Smith in charge would have them second! only Potato Head and Bruceball could get you 12th!

DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming on Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:26 pm

Another of Bruce's crimes is playing a permanent out and out DM. If he played Houihane and McGinn (who both like a tackle) as deep lying box to box midfielders and shoved Grealish in behind the striker, he could play two attacking wingers or even a roving winger and two up front with a massive increase in mobility. We don't need a DM in 90% of games. The defence need to learn to protect themselves. Bruce out.

big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla on Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:46 pm

Apparently there are some on VT organizing a protest against Potato Head on Saturday 22nd September in front of the shop/North stand, for all those interested or hysteria mongers amongst us?

Give Potato Head something else to complain about?

DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV on Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:05 pm

Can we all start calling him 'Agent Bruce' too? He's not doing anything for the good of Villa, whether it be fucking up our chances of promotion, taking wages he doesn't deserve, making us a laughing stock by opening his mouth in front of the media, not resigning or wasting lots of money on players he's not using or has decided not to try to integrate into a team he hasn't made any effort to build.
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:21 pm

His latest claim is that he did well to get us to the play-off final because when he took over we were bottom (we weren't even in the relegation zone) and he's had to sell £25m worth of talent, whilst only having £2m to spend, and only being allowed to bring in 'waifs and strays', by that I presume he means loan players and the frees Samba and Terry of all people... The same 'waifs and strays' who having gone back to their parent clubs, he's now using as an excuse for our poor form at the moment... I wish the journalists who interview him would pull him up on some of the rubbish he's coming out with.

Can't believe there are actually people still backing him, if we win tomorrow, more will probably follow suit, and the media will be praising Bruce for bouncing back, despite it only being one game, and against Rotherham at that.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV on Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:23 pm

Bloody hell, what must his players think?
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming on Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:28 pm

Bruce spin ....... we've lost one in seven (chooses to ignore Burton).

Actual   ........... no win in six.

Conman and shyster.

big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla on Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:44 am

It is amazing how Potato Head forgets that first January window he had when he brought in Johnstone on loan, signed Hourihane, Lansbury, Thor and Hogan!

And where does this sold 25m of talent come from? I can't think of anyone he has sold?

He really is either a Walter Mitty or bare faced liar? I now officially dislike the bloke!

DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming on Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:02 am

Whilst momentum has shifted toward an early departure for Bruce (very few Bruce defenders on any of the forums), very little is said about Calderwood's role in what we are seeing week in, week out.
As Bruce cannot be arsed/is too important to get his hands dirty in training(it is alleged) Calderwood is presumably responsible for the (lack of) coaching. Looking back, his time at Villa has been little short of disastrous. It's going to cost money but time to drain the swamp, I think.
I still have half an idea that Terry as player/coach on a short term deal with option would be worth ago. Who would not want to follow the Chelsea way?

big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV on Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:39 am

@DelboyVilla wrote:And where does this sold 25m of talent come from? I can't think of anyone he has sold?

It's like when he says we've lost one in six. He's completely on the defensive but is also doing what my wife used to do for a living - taking data and extrapolating what you want from it to make you look good, or in my wife's case, tell me and usually whoever else is present stuff that makes me look bad! So Bruce talks about having no money to spend in the summer of 2017 (despite the plan being all along to buy in the January 2017 window and play the new players incorrectly, bench them or play them out of position so they have half a season to integrate with the rest of the team and be ready for last season) or having to sell £25million worth of players. He doesn't say they were players available to him though does he? Which means:

Veretout
Gil
Sanchez
Cissokho
Amavi
Gollini (condition was an Italian goalkeeping coach, Bruce came in and gave him an English coach)
Baker (forced out by Bruce)
Bacuna

FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:11 pm

One win in six now, and if you were asked to choose a fixture in order to get that win you'd probably choose a home game against Rotherham and even then we we still managed to be disjointed and unconvincing. Still hoping that once the full takeover is complete they make a change.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 43 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 39 ... 43  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum