The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Steve Bruce thread

+37
andrew24561
UnclePanda
LVBrit
bruka
STO67
De Kuip
FoxyAV
deadbuzzardalive
VTID85
avfc forever
jeffvilla
Fpuppys
Jae1411
smetro
Terry Derry
rogermuffin69
danclare82
Saunders82
achilles
gdale1
villajk
Wriggle
Army villain
ember
mefromhere
Dazzle
gaffer85
Boldfinger
Trotters
Dions_Bald_Head
NARLA24
The Utterer
DelboyVilla
Villa_Dan
big ming
Gordonsleftboot
AstonThriller
41 posters

Page 32 of 43 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 37 ... 43  Next

Go down

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 32 Empty Re: The Steve Bruce thread

Post by Army villain Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:01 am

Agree about the back room staff, but they are told by Bruce what style of football he wants, I would get John terry in as a defence coach, and a player till Xmas, then get in better defenders in, but if we get a new manager in, he will bring in his own staff. Fingers crossed.
Army villain
Army villain

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 32 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:22 am

Maybe Ranieri with Terry as a player coach could work...

What I don't get is people saying that we won't get rid of him, now after just backing him in the transfer window. We had no choice but to back him in the window, it's not as if we were going to leave the squad depleted until January, it was more a case of backing the club.
deadbuzzardalive

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 32 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:18 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Maybe Ranieri with Terry as a player coach could work...

What I don't get is people saying that we won't get rid of him, now after just backing him in the transfer window. We had no choice but to back him in the window, it's not as if we were going to leave the squad depleted until January, it was more a case of backing the club.

I do wonder if Bruce was told who he was buying. We can but hope. I know if I was a multi-billionaire I wouldn't be giving Bruce any money to spend.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:38 pm

Do you really think Bruce has heard of El Ghazi?

Plus JT and Super Jack convinced Tammy!

I cannot imagine Bolaise had play for Potato Head on his bucket list!

This is the best squad in the Championship and most managers would love to take charge of them!
DelboyVilla

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 32 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:14 pm

DelboyVilla wrote:Do you really think Bruce has heard of El Ghazi?

Plus JT and Super Jack convinced Tammy!

I cannot imagine Bolaise had play for Potato Head on his bucket list!

This is the best squad in the Championship and most managers would love to take charge of them!

Me?

I always assumed scouts at various levels, here and abroad, came to clubs with details of players.

I assume the club has bought the players and not the manager (two goalies, a CB, a striker, two wingers and we tried to get a LB - all makes sense if you assume the people making decisions were looking at how Adomah tailed off last season), if I'd just bought a majority share in Villa and was donating my money to the cause I certainly wouldn't let Bruce buy more players he's not going to play.

Having said that I saw that Bolasie was unfit for yesterday's match so Elmo played at RW instead of El Ghazi, who is our new RW but was moved to the left, where we have a perfectly good winger in Adomah (who ironically is a RW playing on the left). I wonder if Bruce will try to play Elmo with the excuse that he's scored two goals for us so far this season. Crazy to think I'd have been happy with Adomah and Green at LW for the season and look at them now.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:02 pm

The way none of the press come out against Bruce is annoying, especially the local press, and their pro Bruce articles. I've noticed that even 'The Villa View', won't directly criticise Bruce, presuably because they think it will affect whether people from the club speak to them in the future.

But you can bet, if someone like Garde, or even Lambert who didn't like the media, had done to us what Bruce has done, the media and especially the local media, would be calling for their heads.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:43 pm

Just watched the U23's beat Middlesbrough. Everything that the first team is not. Competitive, progressive, round pegs in round holes, Everyone knows their job and they play consistently every game. Bedeau continues to look a good prospect but, sadly, probably not for the first team yet, even though he could not do worse than Jedinak.
They clearly do not have Bruce/Calderwood anywhere near them as far as coaching and tactics are concerned.
big ming

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 32 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:13 pm

I'm fed up of checking now if he's been sacked. Think I'm going to ignore everything and just hope he's gone by the time I check back in. Not holding my breath though, it seems like we're never going to get rid of him.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:26 pm

How can he even moan about having players going on international duty? It just shows the quality of players he has at his disposal and makes him look more of a twat.
I am also fed up of checking if he's been sacked. Lol. But I ain't giving up hope yet.
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:59 pm

Nailed on and written in the stars. Chester will get a bad one playing for Wales.
big ming

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 32 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:25 pm

I wouldn't expect him to be sacked on the weekend but I am hopeful that there is good news by 10.00 tomorrow.

I'll be gutted if he doesn't get the push in the next 24 hours.

Even if they stuck KMac in as caretaker it would be better than this clown.
De Kuip
De Kuip

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 32 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:25 pm

De Kuip wrote:Even if they stuck KMac in as caretaker it would be better than this clown.

I reckon if they put me in charge I could keep Chester, the goalie, Kodjia, Grealish and McGinn in their positions then select four names from a hat to put into a new hat with Jedi and Whelan and pulled out a name for each position and sent them on the pitch telling them to put on their boots and do their best and they'd do a better job for me. Because if they fucked up I would take the blame for sending out a shambles in the first place.

Having said that if I were in charge I'd be training the right players for the right jobs in the daytime and crunching huge amounts of data after hours so I'd know who I was playing next and how and who I'd be playing the match after so I could get the training right from the moment everyone steps into BH the morning after the previous day's match. How much data must there be on how managers work? With Bruce it's probably all 'leave a couple of big boys back to cover the lone striker and keep the pressure up so they can't get out of their half and resort to hoofball'. I'd want a dossier on each manager and each player and their strengths and weaknesses. I'd have a field day, I'd love that. Wouldn't we all.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:44 pm

Social media is going mad with Potato head out! It will get back to the owners soon enough and the pressure will be on! Bruce is responding to chants from the terraces and in my view is a dead man walking!
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:35 pm

I've got no problem with Bruce being sacked before a replacement is found because I think things have got that bad but I'd also like to see what Agnew is like in charge.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:02 pm

Normally when we're about to sack a manager, the media report it before it happens. If we don't hear anything tonight, then I'll be surprised if he goes tomorrow.

Last edited by deadbuzzardalive on Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:02 pm

FoxyAV wrote:
De Kuip wrote:Even if they stuck KMac in as caretaker it would be better than this clown.

I reckon if they put me in charge I could keep Chester, the goalie, Kodjia, Grealish and McGinn in their positions then select four names from a hat to put into a new hat with Jedi and Whelan and pulled out a name for each position and sent them on the pitch telling them to put on their boots and do their best and they'd do a better job for me. Because if they fucked up I would take the blame for sending out a shambles in the first place.

Having said that if I were in charge I'd be training the right players for the right jobs in the daytime and crunching huge amounts of data after hours so I'd know who I was playing next and how and who I'd be playing the match after so I could get the training right from the moment everyone steps into BH the morning after the previous day's match. How much data must there be on how managers work? With Bruce it's probably all 'leave a couple of big boys back to cover the lone striker and keep the pressure up so they can't get out of their half and resort to hoofball'. I'd want a dossier on each manager and each player and their strengths and weaknesses. I'd have a field day, I'd love that. Wouldn't we all.

Read your post and had a voice in my mind that sounded like Keegan - "I would love it, LOVE IT!!!!!!"
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:21 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Normally when we're about to sack a manager, the media report it before it happens. If we don't hear anything tonight, then I'll be surprised if he goes tomorrow.

I agree! in fact in think the results would improve if we just let the players pick the team! Bruce is just a negative influence on the playing side at the moment!
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:56 am

There's no word of him going whatsoever, or pressure being put on him by the media; the birmingham mail are just printing stories about how the players have let him down, and how he's coming out fighting.

It feels obvious what's going to happen, he'll get another chance, and scramble just enough points from Blackburn, Rotherham and Sheffield Wednesday to keep his job, for a while longer, then we'll be due another bad run, and so the same pattern keeps going on and on... Even if Blackburn beat us, the excuse will that there's a game to prepare for on Tuesday, which is Rotherham, and a good result against them will save him is job.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:01 am

Announcement by 1pm today please Mr Purslow, a simple one line statement outlining Mr Bruce’s departure will suffice.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:03 am

It will happen within the next 48 hours or not at all!

This is the time to show some balls!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:34 am

I'm losing hope. Not sacking him now will be the first big mistake by the new owners. Another season written off.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:09 pm

I know they're not going to release a statement to say that he's staying, but if they are keeping him, I wish they'd let us know by leaking it to the press or something, so I can stop hoping and waiting for something to happen.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:35 pm

No, I think he's going today.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:37 pm

I think we would have heard something by now, if he was going today... Have a feeling they're waiting for fans anger to die down, then they'll let us know in an indirect way that he's staying... Might also see them bring Terry in, which will detract from the whole Bruce situation.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:06 pm

No news is good news I think, as for JT coming back? is he not negotiating a deal with a gambling firm, which would rule him out of playing professional football?

Bruce in my books has run out of lives, good news comes when you least expect it.
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 43 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 37 ... 43  Next