The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Steve Bruce thread

+37
andrew24561
UnclePanda
LVBrit
bruka
STO67
De Kuip
FoxyAV
deadbuzzardalive
VTID85
avfc forever
jeffvilla
Fpuppys
Jae1411
smetro
Terry Derry
rogermuffin69
danclare82
Saunders82
achilles
gdale1
villajk
Wriggle
Army villain
ember
mefromhere
Dazzle
gaffer85
Boldfinger
Trotters
Dions_Bald_Head
NARLA24
The Utterer
DelboyVilla
Villa_Dan
big ming
Gordonsleftboot
AstonThriller
41 posters

Page 19 of 43 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 31 ... 43  Next

Go down

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 19 Empty Re: The Steve Bruce thread

Post by smetro Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:57 pm

Joppe84 wrote:
rogermuffin69 wrote:replace him now . Dean smith. villa fan. and plays the right way, works with players, and.with peanuts

I've liked the idea of Smith for a while. But reckon we could get him and his backroom staff? Anyone know how often he included youths? Getting our youths involved are essential for getting back on track

I very much doubt you would get his backroom staff. - If you can even call them backroom staff. Smith is part of a management team at Brentford. His role is to coach the first team - player purchases are not in Smiths remit - nor is the youth set up. Entirely different to villa where he would be responsible for everything. What is that he has done at Brentford that everyone has such a hard on for him ? - They are 4 four points behind us, and have conceded 32 goals - he isn't that popular at Brentford due to his poor defensive record (check out our goal the other night)

Good luck to him if he comes - I wouldn't really fancy his chances of him doing much here. He's a Villa fan, and got Brentford mid table - if thats the criteria McGrath help us.
smetro
smetro

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 19 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:32 pm

Not sure what our criteria is anymore. After the last 5 years I'm not sure we have one. But after Steve Bruce I really can't scoff my nose at Dean Smith.

Honestly think Steve Bruce, all things considered, has been the worst manager I've seen at this club ever. He really has been given a fucking formula one car in a soapbox race. And ignoring all the considerations you normally have to put forward when evaluating a managers performance, like league level, money available, squad available etc., I really can't move away from the fact that his football has been the worst I can remember. It's worse than what I saw during McLeish and Eric Black. It's MILES worse than what Sherwood gave us, whom I actually thought did alright. And Garde was never given half a chance. It's impossible for me to support a manager, where the football is so fucking bad and purely consists of hoofing after a more than a year in charge and two transfer windows.

He has to go. And he should happen now. If he isn't sacked by next week I honestly think it's a case where we are flat out broke and can't pay the comp. If that's the case we truly are fucked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:34 pm

Earlier managers that you mention were given slack by many as they managed to fail to reach the bottom three, because of other teams around us being shit.
Now we have the equivalent at the other end of the table. We have had a great chance to move up, especially with Cardiff messing up, but we haven’t done so and people harp on about how good we must be in 6th/7th/8th place.
Terry Derry
Terry Derry

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 19 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:46 pm

Saw this on VT. Would be class.
VT wrote: Banner similar to the O'Leary reign for the Bristol Game anyone?

It's not Hysteria - We just don't like you!

Gotta laugh of Bruce though. Injuries forced him to use Davis and worked out. Injuries forced him to use Adomah on the wing, and it worked out. Now Grealish is forced on, Whelan off and Jedi out of defence due to injury. Worked out. It's fecking sad how he catches breaks he doesn't deserve.

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:21 am

To be honest it is purely due to the squad, the players we have are good enough whatever Bruce may say so ultimately due to the law of averages he must come on a winning formulae!
achilles
achilles

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 19 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:42 am

Just when you think he will be handed a loaded pistol and a bottle of Scotch, he flukes a formation that wins (despite his intention to pick a different team).
And so, we will limp on for a while playing a brand of football which is truly awful to watch in the false hope that he will somehow get us up. We are not going up and we don't deserve to. We will miss out because of a dreadful start to the campaign and an poor December.
No longer care about promotion. Just want to watch football that does not make my eyes bleed.
big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:32 pm

Back to back wins against two decent teams in Middlesbrough and Bristol City, a big well done to Steve Agnew.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Wriggle Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:26 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Back to back wins against two decent teams in Middlesbrough and Bristol City, a big well done to Steve Agnew.

i've now got a picture in my head that Agnew walked in on his first day, slapped Bruce around the head and said wake up to yourself, what's this shite you've been dishing up.

He then spiked Whelan and Onomah's food to make them ill and hey presto, here we are.

Can't see any other way of it happening...

Wriggle
Wriggle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:24 pm

Can we sack him now? How many utter shit matches has to be played before we get the balls to do what needs done?

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:27 pm

Oh we'd all sack him now. It's the useless sugarbags running the club that seem to be impervious to the utter fuckwittedness of the man. I'm starting to think the executives at Villa couldn't run a tap.
I got to the point a long time ago that even if we got promoted I'd still want Bruce to fuck off.
It's not hysteria Steve, you truly are fucking shit.
De Kuip
De Kuip

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 19 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:42 pm

I think we're stuck with him for the foreseeable future, the club won't sack him we get promoted, and if we fail to go up but reach the play-offs, then I can see them keeping him on also, with the excuse being something about his promotion record and who better to guide the through a difficult period. Only way I can see him going at the end of the season, is if we drop off completely and end up finishing in mid-table.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:55 pm

I definitely see him going if promotion is not attained this season as with FFP a new approach will be needed if we find ourselves stuck in the championship.
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:11 pm

Bruce is a bellend but the team put out today should have been good enough to beat Peterborough.
I blame the lack of effort rather than Bruce
Boldfinger

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 19 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:34 pm

I notice he blamed our work off the ball for today and said that that's something we pride ourselves on. Once again showing that he prioritizes getting stuck in and running around over actual tactics on the ball, even at home against a team half way down league one, it's about time we took some pride on what we do with the actual football as well, we'd might find some consistency then.

Meanwhile I see Stoke have sacked Mark Hughes.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:43 pm

Boldfinger wrote:Bruce is a bellend but the team put out today should have been good enough to beat Peterborough.
I blame the lack of effort rather than Bruce  

I tend to disagree as you point out the team put out should have been good enough to beat Peterborough but how many times have we said this season the team on paper should be good enough to win the game and they haven't. In my opinion it comes down to Bruce's negativity manifesting itself on the players, same today why didn't we play 2 up front at home to Peterborough and as soon as we scored we retreated back into our own half and invited Peterborough to pressurise us! I am certain with the right manager these same players would play a hell of a lot better!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:44 pm

What a fucking shit manager. Disgraceful that he isn't sacked yet.

I will never ever get behind this cockwomble. Don't care if he wins us triple CL titles and a WC to boot. Fucking shite.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:59 am

I was at the game and we were frankly shocking all over the pitch.

I was actually quite embarrassed to be there and associated with the club as we were that dire.

Green was so far off the pace it was embarrassing, he did zero whatsoever.
The defence were shocking
Midfield were over run and also shocking
The strikers looked clueless and were in the pockets of the Posh defenders aside from the goal.

The Holte was quiet to the point the Posh fans i heard laughing and saying ... "ShHHHhhhhh you'll wake the Villa fans up"   (I actually heard them talk that from the adjacent stand & That was when we were 1-0 up after about 65 minutes!)

A total shambles of a club yesterday it was one of the worst matches i have ever been to as a Villa fan in 30+ years.
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:07 am

The Utterer wrote:I was at the game and we were frankly shocking all over the pitch.

I was actually quite embarrassed to be there and associated with the club as we were that dire.

Green was so far off the pace it was embarrassing, he did zero whatsoever.
The defence were shocking
Midfield were over run and also shocking
The strikers looked clueless and were in the pockets of the Posh defenders aside from the goal.

The Holte was quiet to the point the Posh fans i heard laughing and saying ... "ShHHHhhhhh you'll wake the Villa fans up"   (I actually heard them talk that from the adjacent stand & That was when we were 1-0 up after about 65 minutes!)

A total shambles of a club yesterday it was one of the worst matches i have ever been to as a Villa fan in 30+ years.

Sorry you had to endure that shite mate, I really am.

I went to ten home games last season and two aways (one being a 12 hour round trip drive to Norwich on a Tuesday night to watch us lose 1-0 ).
I swore this season I wouldn't walk through the turnstiles while that useless negative twat was in charge. I really hoped he'd be gone by now cos  I've never gone a season without going to VP, but it might sadly come to that this year.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:20 am

I also went yesterday and to be honest the Villa fans are resigned to a total apathy to what to expect on the pitch, we have been dumbed down to expect rubbish on the pitch and that is what we got.
The atmosphere is pitiful especially when I think back to the European nights but that is all down to Bruce and his type of football and we are willing to put up with it because he might get us promotion and we don’t want to rock the boat! Even I don’t get worked up anymore and the people around me just shrug their shoulders. Then coming out I hear all the excuses, players coming back from injury, playing youngsters, playing reserves, making ten changes, makeshift team, the cup doesn’t matter only promotion etc, all of it just to justify another crap performance.

I really don’t see anything improving anytime soon, which is all rather sad. We might get automatic promotion or we may make the playoffs but it certain won’t be pretty or entertaining!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:45 am

Silva sacked by Watford, seems strange that they should do this now, after recently turning down a big compensation offer for him from Everton. Will be interesting to see where he ends up next, he's someone who Xia has praised in the past, but the timing's wrong for us.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:41 am

I think Bruce is a very lucky manager. Not only have we got a superb squad but it looks like Agnew is making a real difference. Add to that yet again that injuries has meant that those coming in have looked really good  - Thor is a good example and Hutton over on the left/ Grealish not being played on the wing due to Adomah's form etc. I personally put all these down to circumstance and very little to Bruce. TBH apart from making smart alec press conference soundbites and bizarre substitutions I really don't know what Bruce brings to the table.
Lucky man. A very lucky man.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:53 am

Bruce is also lucky that Wyness is his boss, someone who's always going to be reluctant to fire a manager after the relative success he had at Everton in not getting rid of Moyes.

He was going on about stability on BBC WM and that if we reach the Premier league we will be relying on the 'Villa engine' to see us through, and he believes we already have the coaches in place to make it work, he also said that the club have discussed transfer targets for the eventuality of whatever division we're in next season.

None of which suggests that Bruce will be going anywhere whatever happens, I can see him becoming our longest serving manager for some time.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:17 pm

De Kuip wrote:I think Bruce is a very lucky manager. Not only have we got a superb squad but it looks like Agnew is making a real difference. Add to that yet again that injuries has meant that those coming in have looked really good  - Thor is a good example and Hutton over on the left/ Grealish not being played on the wing due to Adomah's form etc. I personally put all these down to circumstance and very little to Bruce. TBH apart from making smart alec press conference soundbites and bizarre substitutions I really don't know what Bruce brings to the table.

Now he has coaches for all aspects of play, he just seems like a glorified admin clerk!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:47 am

When the daffodils start to appear we will see where we are. Looks like brucey baby is right again, as he was for bringing snoddy in, his delivery of the ball is outstanding. Fair play to you brucey.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:36 am

De Kuip wrote:I think Bruce is a very lucky manager. Not only have we got a superb squad but it looks like Agnew is making a real difference. Add to that yet again that injuries has meant that those coming in have looked really good  - Thor is a good example and Hutton over on the left/ Grealish not being played on the wing due to Adomah's form etc. I personally put all these down to circumstance and very little to Bruce. TBH apart from making smart alec press conference soundbites and bizarre substitutions I really don't know what Bruce brings to the table.

Nothing has changed for me tbh. I still want him sacked. All though we should wait until the summer now, as getting in a new manager now without a window, nor money would be very unfair.

We really are a one route hoofball team, and the Blades match proved that once again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 43 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 31 ... 43  Next