The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Steve Bruce thread

Page 18 of 37 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 27 ... 37  Next

Go down

Re: The Steve Bruce thread

Post by De Kuip on Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:18 pm

I guess that's what having that useless fucking dinosaur in charge has done to me - anyone looks like a tactical genius compared to him!
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:24 pm

I'm just bemused as to what our tactic is. I assume we actually have one.

1) we are clearly playing hoofball. We do nothing except hoofing it and that's not even an exaggeration.

2) we are hoofing towards an attack without a targetman.

3) we are passing back and fourth trying to get full backs and wingers involved, yet they have no players to cross towards. And Snodgrass has fuck all pace so what the idea is with him I'll never know.

4) we can't play pass and move at all, yet we field a player like Grealish. Mental.

5) we can not create for shit and we go into full stop while attacking, yet we don't actually play O'Hare and other youths.

In all aspects of the game we are absolute amsteurs and it's all on Bruce. I'm not even joking when I claim I'd do a better job myself.

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV on Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:32 pm

Joppe84 wrote:I'm just bemused as to what our tactic is. I assume we actually have one.

1) we are clearly playing hoofball. We do nothing except hoofing it and that's not even an exaggeration.

2) we are hoofing towards an attack without a targetman.

3) we are passing back and fourth trying to get full backs and wingers involved, yet they have no players to cross towards. And Snodgrass has fuck all pace so what the idea is with him I'll never know.

4) we can't play pass and move at all, yet we field a player like Grealish. Mental.

5) we can not create for shit and we go into full stop while attacking, yet we don't actually play O'Hare and other youths.

In all aspects of the game we are absolute amsteurs and it's all on Bruce. I'm not even joking when I claim I'd do a better job myself.

You forgot to mention how we nullify our own central midfield by playing Whelan, so whoever is next to him has to hang back and cover for him. We also constantly play players out of position. It's unfair to say we play hoofball without a target man when today it was clearly 5'9" Scott Hogan.
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 on Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:39 pm

Out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle on Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:51 pm

This HAS to be the trigger for Bruce to go, outside of the top 6 at Christmas with Bristol City and Boro next up. Please let’s just find someone of a younger, dynamic, determined persona to move on with at the club. There’s a possibility we could make playoffs this season with a new man in charge, but I wouldn’t hold it against him if we didn’t make it as long as a template was being put in place and a positive new direction could be seen. It’s truly dead end stuff under Steve Bruce. I’d have little problem with seeing Snodgrass go back to West Ham, and if UTD exercise their option on Johnstone then I’m not fussed about him going back and Steer being utilised. Add Onomah to those two as well. Time to put AVFC 1st, tell whoever the manager/coach is that those loans go back and we utilise our 2nd string players. Get hold of a striker on loan if there is something worthwhile available, otherwise use the U23s. Let’s just change the direction NOW. It’s so blatantly obvious we’re heading nowhere as we are.
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by rogermuffin69 on Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:27 pm

replace him now . Dean smith. villa fan. and plays the right way, works with players, and.with peanuts
rogermuffin69

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:07 pm

I've always been honest with my comments and always thought if it comes to it where I have to eat humble pie then I'll eat it, I've just ate approximately 500kg of it!!!! I hold my hands up to whom ever said " his football is dinosaur football, the championship has changed since he last won promotion " my hands are held very high up

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro on Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:10 pm

@rogermuffin69 wrote:replace him now . Dean smith. villa fan. and plays the right way, works with players, and.with peanuts

Has quite a few detractors at Brentford - which is a very well run club - and dean smith basically coaches the first team - defensively suspect. Quite a few red flags for me - a final one being Brentford wouldn't put up much a fight to keep him.
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro on Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:12 pm

jimbop wrote:I've always been honest with my comments and always thought if it comes to it where I have to eat humble pie then I'll eat it, I've just ate approximately 500kg of it!!!! I hold my hands up to whom ever said " his football is dinosaur football, the championship has changed since he last won promotion " my hands are held very high up

Disagree with the last part. Ive not missed a home match last season or this - very few good footballing sides visited Villa Park in that time.
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles on Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:25 am

jimbop wrote:I've always been honest with my comments and always thought if it comes to it where I have to eat humble pie then I'll eat it, I've just ate approximately 500kg of it!!!! I hold my hands up to whom ever said " his football is dinosaur football, the championship has changed since he last won promotion " my hands are held very high up

Fair play @jimbop, although I still want him to see out the season as I don't want us to just react to the situation and appoint anybody.
Let us take our time and for once just get it right and that can only happen at the end of the season.
I have written off this season and it is time to blood some youngsters!
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:13 am

@achilles wrote:
I have written off this season and it is time to blood some youngsters!

This. So much this.

From now on and until next season Suliman, Borg, Davis, RHM, Grealish, Green, Hayes and more should play as much as possible. See which of them has the potential to be starters next season and go from there. Have them play passing football.

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry on Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:16 am

Brentford were snapping at our heels but we were uncompetitive.
The owner must be seeing his investment is dropping down the pan.
Bruce out!
Terry Derry

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger on Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:33 am

5 games - no win - at the busiest time of the year.
Bruce can't be future of AVFC. Get a new guy in now before another season has gone !

Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:49 am

@rogermuffin69 wrote:replace him now . Dean smith. villa fan. and plays the right way, works with players, and.with peanuts

I've liked the idea of Smith for a while. But reckon we could get him and his backroom staff? Anyone know how often he included youths? Getting our youths involved are essential for getting back on track

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry on Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:38 am

Brentford were snapping at our heels but we were uncompetitive.
The owner must be seeing his investment is dropping down the pan.
Bruce out!
Terry Derry

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry on Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:40 am

Terry Derry

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry on Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:43 am

Wise words.
Terry Derry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:49 am

Personally I think the injuries are a non-starter argument. Even when we have fielded our best players we have looked like a shit hoofball side. The players isn't the issue here. It's the management.

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV on Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:26 am

Our strikers have scored a grand total of four goals in the Championship this season (Kodjia 1, Davis 2, Gabby 1). Sure, we've had injuries, but I can think of one, maybe two, matches this season where we've not started a striker (Onomah the other day and I think one time Adomah started up front). Maybe just maybe the way we get the ball to them (or not) isn't working?
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla on Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:26 am

Fair play @jimbop for the confession as that takes a real man and I apologize for the harsh words at times. However you didn't have to eat Potato Heads body weight in Humble pie? A normal persons weight would have sufficed!

The sooner Tony wakes up and realizes he has the wrong people looking after the club the better? Wyness and Bruce out!

DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles on Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:27 am

@Terry Derry wrote:Wise words.

Very true BUT no other club in the championship would be able to replace him with a £10 million striker as well as loan out another £10 million striker!
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger on Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:42 am

TBH I don't care what division we are in (I'd prefer prem because of money for the club) I go to football matches to be entertained. Bruce came in and done a job, he steadied the ship when we were in free fall situation. The trouble is though, even when we were on our winning run, the football was very poor.
We were meant to be doing things the 'villa way' - I can only presume that is kick and rush football.
Brucie has done his job, move him on and move us to the next level.

Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:50 am

Above wrote: We were meant to be doing things the 'villa way' - I can only presume that is kick and rush football.

So true hahaha

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer on Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:21 pm

@Boldfinger I think i agree Boldfinger, there seems to be a definite limit to what Bruce can do and attractive attacking football ain't it that's for sure!

I feel our players have more ability than the way the team is being set up allows them to utilize. They appear stifled and lacking spark or imagination. It's like the limit has been reached but i'm not sure if that's Bruce's ability limit or the limitations of the players at his disposal!
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV on Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:51 pm

“I think it’s hard, no disrespect to Brentford, Barnsley, but this is a different kettle to those clubs where there’s no real expectation. Staying in the division is probably the expectation, with that they can flourish. “But when you come to Aston Villa you are under the pump, under the cosh, under the spotlight straight away, big demands. That’s what playing for this club is, big club, big expectations - that becomes difficult for people, two or three have found it difficult. But we’ve seen with Hourihane, how he’s picked up and done well, but we hope Scotty can do that too.”

You're a buffoon, Bruce.
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 37 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 27 ... 37  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum