The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Steve Bruce thread

+37
andrew24561
UnclePanda
LVBrit
bruka
STO67
De Kuip
FoxyAV
deadbuzzardalive
VTID85
avfc forever
jeffvilla
Fpuppys
Jae1411
smetro
Terry Derry
rogermuffin69
danclare82
Saunders82
achilles
gdale1
villajk
Wriggle
Army villain
ember
mefromhere
Dazzle
gaffer85
Boldfinger
Trotters
Dions_Bald_Head
NARLA24
The Utterer
DelboyVilla
Villa_Dan
big ming
Gordonsleftboot
AstonThriller
41 posters

Page 13 of 43 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 28 ... 43  Next

Go down

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 13 Empty Re: The Steve Bruce thread

Post by achilles Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:14 pm

jimbop wrote:Well done brucey. Take a point there all day long.

Reading, Sheff Utd and Derby have all beaten them in their last four home games, not really that great?
achilles
achilles

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 13 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:26 pm

Bruce is the reason, why we won't go up via the top two, he worries too much about the opposition, rather than letting our players give the opposition something to worry about.

With our squad of players he's underachieving.
deadbuzzardalive

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 13 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:33 pm

Ok. Give me the list of th
eir injurys? Bruce said e he was gonna build the team around grealish. He got injured. John Terry outstanding in 99% of games. Injured. Do I need to go on? Who the fixk has had injury like us yet we still stay in contention. The players who have came in ie samba know they are not first choice but come in and still perform. That is down to Bruce keeping them motivated with them knowing they are only back up. Give Bruce a fockin break.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:43 pm

Who wouldn't take 1 1 at elland road with half a team? Grealish changed the game. And before any one goes joppey and says sumet like the only choice he had was to bring on lansbury and grealish, exactly! We're riddled with injurys, brucey had to take the chance of bringing them on and it payed

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:50 am

To be fair you're right about the injuries, Terry, Lansbury, Green, Grealish, Agbonlahor, Kodjia, Hogan, Hepburn-Murphy and Jedinak, have all been out for long periods of time. if Wolves or Cardiff had have had a similar injury crisis, I doubt they'd even be in the top six now.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:21 am

People can make an argument either way - has Bruce done well to get us 4th and fairly comfortably there despite the injuries or are the injuries just an excuse for us not being in the top 2 and not winning games like last nights?

I don't think we'll have an answer until the end of the season
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:37 pm

Building the side round Grealish, utter bollox and fantasy!! OK Jedi & JT are injured, surprised no the are our oldest players but the others? Kodja is a shadow of his self from last year, Hogan is a ruined man, Lansbury is not good enough, Green is raw and would not replace Al or Snoddy and I can't believe Agbonlahor was mentioned like we miss him? Cloud cuckoo land!! As for Samba it was Bruce that sold Baker and replaced him with Samba in the first place!

Look at Nuno at Wolves who has turned that team around by good coaching! He has got out on the training pitch with a singular message of how he wants them to play and never changed. He has transformed the side not only with new players but with existing ones that have been there years eg Coady!

Bruce couldn't even dream of doing that and that is why we need to replace him now! Bruce is a talentless Championship level manager who we will sack eventually but there are just some people to retarded to see what is plain and simple! Sack him now and give us a chance!
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:56 pm

DelboyVilla wrote:Building the side round Grealish, utter bollox and fantasy!! OK Jedi & JT are injured, surprised no the are our oldest players but the others? Kodja is a shadow of his self from last year, Hogan is a ruined man, Lansbury is not good enough, Green is raw and would not replace Al or Snoddy and I can't believe Agbonlahor was mentioned like we miss him? Cloud cuckoo land!! As for Samba it was Bruce that sold Baker and replaced him with Samba in the first place!

Look at Nuno at Wolves who has turned that team around by good coaching! He has got out on the training pitch with a singular message of how he wants them to play and never changed. He has transformed the side not only with new players but with existing ones that have been there years eg Coady!

Bruce couldn't even dream of doing that and that is why we need to replace him now! Bruce is a talentless Championship level manager who we will sack eventually but there are just some people to retarded to see what is plain and simple! Sack him now and give us a chance!

Whilst I tend to agree with you, it is unrealistic to sack him now as Everton have found out managers are hard to find in the middle of the season.
Villa are stuck with Bruce till the end of the season, if he doesn't get us promotion he will definitely go, if he does he may get a start of the job in the PL.
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:20 pm

He won't be getting the sack now, maybe if we were to go on a disastrous run of form, but we don't want that to happen, as it would put an end to our promotion chances.

I'm actually starting doubt if he'll leave even if we fail to get promoted, if we narrowly miss out, like finishing third, but then losing in the play-offs, I wouldn't be surprised if they kept him on, I think it might depend on how much we'd have to rip apart our squad on failure to get promoted, if selling most of our high earners, and putting an emphasis on the youth was on the agenda, I think we'd go for someone else.

If he does get us promoted, we should part ways with him immediately, we'd have money to spend, and would be looking to buy some top players, I'd hate to see Bruce waste it, give the budget to a top manager, who knows what he's doing.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:28 am

I know it is hard to get a manager mid-season but with the likes of Koeman, Billic, Karanka or even Pullis available the level we are at all of these would improve hugely! I am sick to death of no plan and no style from Bruce!

DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:10 am

Because Terry is old he broke his foot. Priceless Rodney. Priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:36 am

DelboyVilla wrote:I know it is hard to get a manager mid-season but with the likes of Koeman, Billic, Karanka or even Pullis available the level we are at all of these would improve hugely! I am sick to death of no plan and no style from Bruce!

Pulis? No thanks, not under any circumstance! I’ve accepted Bruce is here for the season for some time now, I think we all just need to sit back and let the season unfold, for better or worse. Hopefully we improve and make some inroads as the winter deepens, we can’t rely on other teams imploding, we need to put together a long winning streak of 5,6,7 games sometime soon................and then do it again and again. Yes it would be nice to see Cardiff and Wolves have to contend with an injury list like ours but we shouldn’t count on it
Dazzle
Dazzle

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 13 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:55 am

I can see us going on a winning streak, but I can't see us playing good football and I can't see us promoted either.

It's absolutely insane how we can't get in a proper manager who can get us playing proper football, you know where you pass AND MOVE. This hoofball bullshit makes me hate this club.

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:05 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Bruce is the reason, why we won't go up via the top two, he worries too much about the opposition, rather than letting our players give the opposition something to worry about.

With our squad of players he's underachieving.

Today was the perfect example of this, we were more worried about matching Millwall's game, rather than playing our own, and taking the match to them. Any half decent manager would have this squad top two easily, just by letting them play football.

Time to do the right thing and save not just our season, but the immediate future of the club.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Army villain Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:22 pm

If Bruce thinks we were matching millwall,we are lucky to come away with a draw, it's all down to our goal keeper MOTM again, Bruce has admitted that he has no tactics, a few players today let villa down. I hate seeing villa in the position we are in with this style of football each week. Another rant over.
Army villain
Army villain

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:05 pm

Time to pack up Bruce. Move on please

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:47 pm

It amazes me how most Villa fans are so passive about our position, as if being nine points behind Cardiff in second place and outperformed by teams like Derby, Sheffield United, and Bristol City, is anywhere near good enough. Wyness himself said we're aiming for automatic promotion at the start of the season, and there can be no excuse for failure, well we're almost half way through the season, and we haven't even come close to threatening the top two, he also said he we should be aiming to score between eighty and ninety goals, we haven't even scored thirty yet.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:29 am

Mediocrity is acceptable to the Board!

Mediocrity is given by the coaching staff!

Mediocrity is accepted by the fans!

It is a vicious circle of mediocrity!
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:46 pm

Would Xia be tempted to get Rafa if he becomes available in the next few weeks? Newcastle are faltering right now, but Rafa is still a quality manager imo.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 13 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:09 pm

AstonThriller wrote:Would Xia be tempted to get Rafa if he becomes available in the next few weeks? Newcastle are faltering right now, but Rafa is still a quality manager imo.

If I remember correctly he took a lot of persuading to continue managing Newcastle when they got relegated so unfortunately I can't see him stepping down to the championship, perhaps if we got promoted.
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:54 pm

I doubt we'd get Benítez, but with the possibility of a big transfer budget should we get promoted, then you'd think we'd be able to attract a good manager if we decided to make a change. I guess it depends on a manager being brave enough to risk an element of their reputation should they join, but fail to get us promoted.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:27 pm

Actually it will be interesting next week when Rowett pits his wits against us, definitely only one winner in the managerial battle!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:34 pm

Rowett's brand of football is actually very similar to Bruce's, very workman like, I think the fact that ourselves, them and Cardiff are so high up in the table is an indication of how poor the Championship is this season.

They've lost a few times at Pride Park this season, so no reason why we shouldn't go there believing we can win, we have to really, all our remaining games in December are going to be tough, we can't keep making excuses and excepting draws, need to start collecting those three points.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:28 pm

AstonThriller wrote:Would Xia be tempted to get Rafa if he becomes available in the next few weeks? Newcastle are faltering right now, but Rafa is still a quality manager imo.

Don’t do this to yourself, you’re torturing yourself with misguided hope! Like it or not Bruce is here until such time as we’re either promoted or mathematically out of it. My guess is that we’ll finish in the playoff positions, as even the limited Bruce surely can’t fail to get a top 6 finish in this seasons championship, it’s pretty poor. Anyone’s guess what happens in playoffs but either way I think it’ll be the last we see of Bruce.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:50 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Rowett's brand of football is actually very similar to Bruce's, very workman like, I think the fact that ourselves, them and Cardiff are so high up in the table is an indication of how poor the Championship is this season.

They've lost a few times at Pride Park this season, so no reason why we shouldn't go there believing we can win, we have to really, all our remaining games in December are going to be tough, we can't keep making excuses and excepting draws, need to start collecting those three points.

I agree on Rowett. But tell you what, Brentford's football is pretty decent. I'd have Dean Smith over Bruce any bloody day of the week.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 43 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 28 ... 43  Next