The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Steve Bruce thread

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Steve Bruce thread

Post by achilles on Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:53 pm

@AstonThriller wrote:
@deadbuzzardalive wrote:
@deadbuzzardalive wrote:Xia's latest tweet suggests that he's happy because we're in the top six;

He's clarified that he wasn't saying that, he meant that we're six points from the automatic places (it's actually seven), mind he was still putting a positive slant on it, but at least it shows, he's thinking of automatic promotion I guess.

Of course we still have to be thinking about automatic promotion. Those sides above us won't keep up this form mate, trust me they'll slip up sooner rather than later. It's just a matter of whether we're good enough to take advantage of it. Yesterday we had a chance and stuffed it up again. But let's not be too down about it lads!!..we've lost two of the last thirteen!!..things could be way worse, you only have to look down the road to know that.

Surprisely that form if extrapolated to the end of the season only potentially guarantees Villa a play off place with approx 84 points!
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:12 pm

I've just seen that we're only actually five points better off than we were at this time last season.

Here

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Joppe84 on Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:30 pm

Another reason to get rid of Bruce asap, is that he won't be here to sell the wrong players in January. Just read some shite article about him wanting to sell Bree and Grealish to raise funds. Time to cut our losses and get rid before he does more damage.
Joppe84

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles on Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:42 pm

I don't think we need any more players and certainly not to sell Grealish or Bree.
The squad is good enough especially with the youngsters to get us promoted, the bigger question is Bruce good enough?
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:52 pm

The Grealish thing can't be right surely. Bruce was only saying at the beginning of the season that he want to build the team around him.

I personally think we need a striker, as at the moment Kodjia is the only who'll get goals and even he only has one so far, a midfielder capable of running games, and potentially a defender, depending on the Terry situation.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles on Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:03 pm

To get players in we need to sell players, Hogan could be sold but who else, nobody wants the ones we want to get rid of due to their wages!
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV on Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:56 pm

Bearing in mind Bruce bought Hogan and has then failed to play him properly (well, when he was played how he likes it he was completely isolated up front and served mostly balls in the air he couldn't bring down) can we expect to see some good players sold and another striker with good stats brought in to have his career put on hold so we can sell him for a loss when Bruce goes? As much as I think Elmo is ok I don't see him lasting any longer than Bruce and I'd be very worried about him being allowed more money to bring in players like Elmo and Whelan. What kind of manager would walk into this club and play Elmo ahead of De Laet, Bree or even Hutton? It feels like Bruce has been told he'll get a whopping big bonus if he gets us out of the league and he doesn't give a damn what happens after that.
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Wriggle on Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:56 pm

@deadbuzzardalive wrote:
@deadbuzzardalive wrote:Xia's latest tweet suggests that he's happy because we're in the top six;

He's clarified that he wasn't saying that, he meant that we're six points from the automatic places (it's actually seven), mind he was still putting a positive slant on it, but at least it shows, he's thinking of automatic promotion I guess.

His next reply is the interesting one "Just trying to avoid something...."

I get the feeling that means he has set a target for Bruce, most likely for Xmas and 6 points would put us 3rd, so maybe it's he wants to avoid sacking him if he isn't top 3 at Xmas??
Wriggle

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:33 am

I thought his "Just trying to avoid something...." was in reply to someone asking him why he didn't "speak plain English" rather than using the emoticons, why he'd have to tweet that particular message cryptically though I'm not sure, I don't think there was anything in it that could get him into trouble.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle on Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:46 am

Alan Pardew would do a better job than Bruce, that’s the most damning thing I can say. I think Bruce’s luck may be on the wane, Terry now joining Kodjia on the sidelines exposing the stupidity and short termism of letting Baker go and spunking millions on Hogan and not getting close to being able to play a style that Hogan can operate in. Forced into playing Davis and Hourihane against Norwich because of injury or suspension of others and getting lucky, it looks like he’s wasted his good fortune.
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Joppe84 on Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:46 pm

@deadbuzzardalive wrote:The Grealish thing can't be right surely. Bruce was only saying at the beginning of the season that he want to build the team around him.

I personally think we need a striker, as at the moment Kodjia is the only who'll get goals and even he only has one so far, a midfielder capable of running games, and potentially a defender, depending on the Terry situation.

You speak as Steve Bruce has any idea of what he's doing. From what I can see he just buys stuff he has seen work other places and tell them to hoof for 90 minutes.
Joppe84

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:20 pm

Well Moyes won't be replacing him as is often predicted, as it looks like he's going to West Ham. I wonder if Round would be tempted if he offered him his old job back as his assistant.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbop on Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:49 am

@AstonThriller wrote:
@deadbuzzardalive wrote:

Of course we still have to be thinking about automatic promotion. Those sides above us won't keep up this form mate, trust me they'll slip up sooner rather than later. It's just a matter of whether we're good enough to take advantage of it. Yesterday we had a chance and stuffed it up again. But let's not be too down about it lads!!..we've lost two of the last thirteen!!..things could be way worse, you only have to look down the road to know that.

well said

jimbop

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle on Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:15 pm

@AstonThriller wrote:
@deadbuzzardalive wrote:

I’d be interested to know why you think the teams above us are sure to slip up? What’s your evidence for that thus far, and what makes you so sure we’ve actually seen the worst of Villa so far this season? I’m guessing you are basing your comment on pure faith as opposed to any statistical data? I seem to remember people saying the same things last season about Brighton, Huddersfield, Reading, Sheffield Wednesday...........the only team to really fall away was Leeds. I just think it’s complacency of the highest order to assume that will happen.
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:25 pm

Teams above us will slip up, I have no doubt about that, I mean they'll probably be in and around the promotion spots, but they're not going to run away with it like Newcastle and Brighton did last season, what I do doubt is that we will be able to capitalise when they stumble, the loss to Wednesday was the first evidence of that.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbop on Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:31 am

@DelboyVilla wrote:
@jimbop wrote:
@deadbuzzardalive wrote:I think Bruce himself would probably agree with me, I'm just stating the obvious really.

agreed

Hi @jimbop you're back? or did you ever leave?

It's always good to hear the voice of total insanity/stupidity from you whilst the rest of us discuss the unacceptable situation at our beloved club?

Welcome back!!

the unacceptable lost twice in 13 situation at the club Laughing at You

jimbop

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:02 am

Seven points adrift of the automatic promotion places, as teams like Cardiff, Sheffield United and Bristol City outperform us, in the play-offs but most probably by virtue of the fact that we've played more games than the two teams immediately below us. I'd say that's a pretty unacceptable situation, given the resources that Bruce has had at his disposal, Brucey even hinted as much himself and that was before we lost to Wednesday.

Some seem to think his job's safe, but if we were to lose a few on the bounce and find ourselves adrift of the play-offs, then I think he'd get the chop.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbop on Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:45 pm

@Dazzle wrote:
@AstonThriller wrote:
@deadbuzzardalive wrote:

I’d be interested to know why you think the teams above us are sure to slip up? What’s your evidence for that thus far, and what makes you so sure we’ve actually seen the worst of Villa so far this season? I’m guessing you are basing your comment on pure faith as opposed to any statistical data? I seem to remember people saying the same things last season about Brighton, Huddersfield, Reading, Sheffield Wednesday...........the only team to really fall away was Leeds. I just think it’s complacency of the highest order to assume that will happen.

for a start wolves haven't had any significant injurys, secondly with the big freeze on the way their Portuguese squad wont like going to preston on a Tuesday night when its -4. they will slip up, no doubt about it

jimbop

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:46 pm

Wolves form might well falter if they were to suffer injuries to their key players, indeed Bonatini and Jota between them are responsible for seventeen of their twenty nine league goals, add assists to the equation and that number becomes 23.

But this idea that they're going to have a downturn in form due to the winter months doesn't ring true to me, our winters aren't even that harsh, I mean as far as I know there isn't much evidence of the English winter having a detrimental affect on players from Portugal, in the past.

What may affect Wolves though, is the sheer amount of games coming up, in a short period of time. I have to say though, that as much as I'd like to see it, at present I find it hard to imagine us finishing above them this season.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla on Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:11 am

@jimbop wrote:
@DelboyVilla wrote:
@jimbop wrote:
@deadbuzzardalive wrote:I think Bruce himself would probably agree with me, I'm just stating the obvious really.

agreed

It's always good to hear the voice of total insanity/stupidity from you whilst the rest of us discuss the unacceptable situation at our beloved club?

Welcome back!!

Well some of us are not satisfied by mid-table mediocrity and would like to see our team back in the top flight? Our current fuckwit of a manager cannot give us that so why not change it before it is too late? Unless you are a gutless fool??

Anyway just like that unflushable turd nice to have you back!!

DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbop on Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:43 am

@DelboyVilla wrote:
@jimbop wrote:
@DelboyVilla wrote:
@jimbop wrote:

agreed

Welcome back!!

Well some of us are not satisfied by mid-table mediocrity and would like to see our team back in the top flight? Our current fuckwit of a manager cannot give us that so why not change it before it is too late? Unless you are a gutless fool??

Anyway just like that unflushable turd nice to have you back!!

whos midtable?

jimbop

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:29 am

We're closer to mid-table than we are to the automatic promotion places. The rest of November and December is going to be a pivotal time for our season and Bruce's future at the club.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbop on Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:31 am

@deadbuzzardalive wrote:We're closer to mid-table than we are to the automatic promotion places. The rest of November and December is going to be a pivotal time for our season and Bruce's future at the club.

so not mid table then

jimbop

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:58 pm

Depends what you define as mid-table, and even you were to determine that we're not mid-table, it's hardly something to congratulate Bruce over, with the resources he's had available.

Either way seven points behind the top two and sixth but with the two teams immediately below us having games in hand, is not good enough by a long shot. And we're only where we are because of the run of games we've had against weak opposition, the moment we play a decent side we fall to pieces, something that needs to be resolved as we play all of Leeds, Derby, Sheffield United and Middlesbrough next month, Brentford are improving as well.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbop on Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:03 pm

[quote="deadbuzzardalive"]Depends what you define as mid-table, and even you were to determine that we're not mid-table, it's hardly something to congratulate Bruce over, with the resources he's had available.

Either way seven points behind the top two and sixth but with the two teams immediately below us having games in hand, is not good enough by a long shot. And we're only where we are because of the run of games we've had against weak opposition, the moment we play a decent side we fall to pieces, something that needs to be resolved as we play all of Leeds, Derby, Sheffield United and Middlesbrough next month, Brentford are improving as well.[/quote

fair point

jimbop

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum