The Bells Are Ringing


WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!


Aston Villa vs Nottingham Forest match thread

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Aston Villa vs Nottingham Forest match thread

Post by big ming on Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:47 pm

Turgid. Once again the opposition are playing the better football. Snodgrass? Don't get the attraction. He can't keep the ball.

big ming



Posts : 216
Reputation : 261
Join date : 2014-05-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa vs Nottingham Forest match thread

Post by Wookster on Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:49 pm

Conor you beauty!!!!!!!
avatar
Wookster



Posts : 535
Reputation : 227
Join date : 2014-04-15
Location : Leeds for my sins

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa vs Nottingham Forest match thread

Post by Army villain on Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:49 pm

Lucky it could have been 3 nil to them, Bruce team talk shit, defending is shocking.
avatar
Army villain



Posts : 442
Reputation : 241
Join date : 2014-08-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa vs Nottingham Forest match thread

Post by VTID85 on Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:50 pm

@VTID85 wrote:
@VTID85 wrote:I think we looked far more calm and composed than Forest for the first half. Whether we like it or not, we're setting up to be defensive, soak up pressure and hope the opposition fuck up. So far, Forest have offered done fuck all with their posession and look unlikely to achieve anything so as long as we keep it fairly tight we can walk away with a 1-0 win or possibly snatch another when they cock it up.

Option 3: count on Hutton 2.0 to drop a bollock and gift them an equaliser.

Where Whelan is one of the worst players to pull on a Villa shirt in some time, Hourihane is quite the opposite. Fantastic free kick.


Last edited by VTID85 on Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
VTID85



Posts : 543
Reputation : 656
Join date : 2014-04-30
Location : Derby

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa vs Nottingham Forest match thread

Post by Wookster on Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:51 pm

Out of interest have we taken a couple of the pitch each end?
avatar
Wookster



Posts : 535
Reputation : 227
Join date : 2014-04-15
Location : Leeds for my sins

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa vs Nottingham Forest match thread

Post by Army villain on Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:51 pm

Well we are back in the lead Hourihane gets a good free kick
avatar
Army villain



Posts : 442
Reputation : 241
Join date : 2014-08-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa vs Nottingham Forest match thread

Post by big ming on Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:52 pm

Turgid. Once again the opposition are playing the better football. Snodgrass? Don't get the attraction. He can't keep the ball.

big ming



Posts : 216
Reputation : 261
Join date : 2014-05-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa vs Nottingham Forest match thread

Post by VTID85 on Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:52 pm

@Army villain wrote:Lucky  it could have been 3 nil to them, Bruce team talk shit, defending is shocking.

Well no, that's just plain incorrect. We were 1-0 up on 15mins, don't think they even mustered an attempt in the first half so no idea where you've got that from. There's always plenty on offer to criticise, without having to make things up.
avatar
VTID85



Posts : 543
Reputation : 656
Join date : 2014-04-30
Location : Derby

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa vs Nottingham Forest match thread

Post by Joppe84 on Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:57 pm

@VTID85 wrote:
@Army villain wrote:Lucky  it could have been 3 nil to them, Bruce team talk shit, defending is shocking.

Well no, that's just plain incorrect. We were 1-0 up on 15mins, don't think they even mustered an attempt in the first half so no idea where you've got that from. There's always plenty on offer to criticise, without having to make things up.

Ok. It could and probably should have been 2-1 to them. Is that better?
avatar
Joppe84



Posts : 3692
Reputation : 3059
Join date : 2015-06-17
Location : Oslo

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa vs Nottingham Forest match thread

Post by Saunders82 on Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:05 pm

We really do make things very hard work.
avatar
Saunders82



Posts : 785
Reputation : 625
Join date : 2014-04-17
Age : 68
Location : Birmingham UK

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa vs Nottingham Forest match thread

Post by VTID85 on Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:06 pm

@Joppe84 wrote:
@VTID85 wrote:
@Army villain wrote:Lucky  it could have been 3 nil to them, Bruce team talk shit, defending is shocking.

Well no, that's just plain incorrect. We were 1-0 up on 15mins, don't think they even mustered an attempt in the first half so no idea where you've got that from. There's always plenty on offer to criticise, without having to make things up.

Ok. It could and probably should have been 2-1 to them. Is that better?

Not sure they've really had a clear cut chance for a second goal yet. Like I said, plenty to criticise and Bruce can kiss my arse but nonsense is nonsense.
avatar
VTID85



Posts : 543
Reputation : 656
Join date : 2014-04-30
Location : Derby

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa vs Nottingham Forest match thread

Post by VTID85 on Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:17 pm

Fab, Hutton and Whelan on the pitch together.
avatar
VTID85



Posts : 543
Reputation : 656
Join date : 2014-04-30
Location : Derby

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa vs Nottingham Forest match thread

Post by Joppe84 on Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:26 pm

@VTID85 wrote:
@Joppe84 wrote:
@VTID85 wrote:
@Army villain wrote:Lucky  it could have been 3 nil to them, Bruce team talk shit, defending is shocking.

Well no, that's just plain incorrect. We were 1-0 up on 15mins, don't think they even mustered an attempt in the first half so no idea where you've got that from. There's always plenty on offer to criticise, without having to make things up.

Ok. It could and probably should have been 2-1 to them. Is that better?

Not sure they've really had a clear cut chance for a second goal yet. Like I said, plenty to criticise and Bruce can kiss my arse but nonsense is nonsense.

So the shot Johnson had bouncing off his shoe 20 inches off the line was on purpose?
avatar
Joppe84



Posts : 3692
Reputation : 3059
Join date : 2015-06-17
Location : Oslo

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa vs Nottingham Forest match thread

Post by Saunders82 on Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:30 pm

In the positive vain, thats another 3 points, but bloody hell it was hard work the way we are.
avatar
Saunders82



Posts : 785
Reputation : 625
Join date : 2014-04-17
Age : 68
Location : Birmingham UK

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa vs Nottingham Forest match thread

Post by Joppe84 on Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:31 pm

Awful.
avatar
Joppe84



Posts : 3692
Reputation : 3059
Join date : 2015-06-17
Location : Oslo

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa vs Nottingham Forest match thread

Post by VTID85 on Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:31 pm

@Joppe84 wrote:
@VTID85 wrote:
@Joppe84 wrote:
@VTID85 wrote:
@Army villain wrote:Lucky  it could have been 3 nil to them, Bruce team talk shit, defending is shocking.

Well no, that's just plain incorrect. We were 1-0 up on 15mins, don't think they even mustered an attempt in the first half so no idea where you've got that from. There's always plenty on offer to criticise, without having to make things up.

Ok. It could and probably should have been 2-1 to them. Is that better?

Not sure they've really had a clear cut chance for a second goal yet. Like I said, plenty to criticise and Bruce can kiss my arse but nonsense is nonsense.

So the shot Johnson had bouncing off his shoe 20 inches off the line was on purpose?

Ok, they had another shot that could've gone in. But didn't. I think we were lucky to get the win in the end, but equally would've been unlucky had Forest gone ahead. To suggest they should've been winning is far too flattering to an equally questionable performance from them.

Edit: Additionally Joppe, for the record I like your posts and agree with a lot of things you have to say. I think you probably end up on the wrong end of some ire from people around here sometimes. But you have an arrogance, a stubbornly high opinion of your own analysis, a no-shades-of-grey tunnel vision.


Last edited by VTID85 on Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
VTID85



Posts : 543
Reputation : 656
Join date : 2014-04-30
Location : Derby

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa vs Nottingham Forest match thread

Post by Fpuppys on Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:33 pm

Nothing like a bit of negative thinking, sometimes it's just pay's to switch off.
avatar
Fpuppys



Posts : 804
Reputation : 372
Join date : 2014-04-28
Age : 53
Location : Wishing I was somewhere else.

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa vs Nottingham Forest match thread

Post by mefromhere on Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:49 pm

Just going to jump in again with it being another victory for 442
avatar
mefromhere



Posts : 696
Reputation : 646
Join date : 2014-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa vs Nottingham Forest match thread

Post by The Utterer on Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:03 pm

Well that reminds me of Burton at home last season which i was unfortunate enough to witness ... Basically a shocking 2-1 win if that can make sense in any context?!

Just celebrate the 3 points which has us 7 points off the top now which at least keeps us in the game and is catchable if we improve and go on a mega-run in the 2nd half of the season. (Although that feels a million miles off watching that today)
avatar
The Utterer



Posts : 1137
Reputation : 1143
Join date : 2014-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa vs Nottingham Forest match thread

Post by Army villain on Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:24 pm

Well sorry for my mistake the 3 nil, should have been 2-1 to many beers , glad we won , but it was tough at times, sorry again.
avatar
Army villain



Posts : 442
Reputation : 241
Join date : 2014-08-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa vs Nottingham Forest match thread

Post by Boldfinger on Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:24 pm

in this division and at this moment in time it really is the points that matter and that's all.
So 3 more points in the bag and 2 points off the bottom play off place. The game was poor but we won and I've had a few beers so job done. (Please don't ban me for not posting a negative post in a match thread)
avatar
Boldfinger



Posts : 659
Reputation : 1000
Join date : 2016-01-03
Age : 45
Location : the DR is always watching !

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa vs Nottingham Forest match thread

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:13 pm

Can't really complain with a win, trouble is we did this last season under Bruce, got the odd win here and there, and even went on the odd run, but unless we come up with a strategy that's sustainable over a season, we're going to struggle. Still two winnable games coming up and a chance to get ourselves back in the promotion mix.

deadbuzzardalive



Posts : 2404
Reputation : 1473
Join date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa vs Nottingham Forest match thread

Post by danclare82 on Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:24 pm

@deadbuzzardalive wrote:Can't really complain with a win, trouble is we did this last season under Bruce, got the odd win here and there, and even went on the odd run, but unless we come up with a strategy that's sustainable over a season, we're going to struggle. Still two winnable games coming up and a chance to get ourselves back in the promotion mix.
But we lost Kodjia to ACN and didn't win a game. Won't happen this season. The opposite in fact. He'll get fitter and better
avatar
danclare82



Posts : 687
Reputation : 311
Join date : 2014-04-15
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa vs Nottingham Forest match thread

Post by smetro on Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:10 pm

Terry was a big plus point today - not been convinced but the last couple of games he seems to have got into tune with the championship.
Davis was good and Kjodia in patches showed what a player he is.

Overall I think as other clubs flounder with Injuries we will come into our own - the football isn't convincing but neither is the opposition.

Onwards and upwards !
avatar
smetro



Posts : 2543
Reputation : 1471
Join date : 2014-12-26
Age : 54

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa vs Nottingham Forest match thread

Post by De Kuip on Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:43 pm

Yep good to see the win even if it might have been less than convincing. One thing Smetro (and I didn't see the game so have no reason to doubt your assessment of Terry), but watching the highlights on 5 tonight, it did look like Terry was at least partly culpable for their goal - it looked a bit of a powder puff attempt at a tackle to me, although granted he wasn't the only Villa defender their guy ploughed through, but i thought he could have done more. I agree he's looking a lot better in the last few games though.
avatar
De Kuip



Posts : 2278
Reputation : 3516
Join date : 2014-05-20
Age : 101

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa vs Nottingham Forest match thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum