The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

HAS XIA SOLD US A BUNCH OF BROKEN DREAMS?!!

+9
DelboyVilla
smetro
deadbuzzardalive
Gordonsleftboot
Dions_Bald_Head
De Kuip
Fpuppys
Boldfinger
AstonThriller
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

HAS XIA SOLD US A BUNCH OF BROKEN DREAMS?!! - Page 2 Empty Re: HAS XIA SOLD US A BUNCH OF BROKEN DREAMS?!!

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:00 pm

If Round's doing all the leg work and the research, then to be fair that would indicate that he has a very important role, at any club the owner's going to rubber stamp the final decision, Round was never going to come in and have the final say on every decision from top to bottom of the club.
deadbuzzardalive

HAS XIA SOLD US A BUNCH OF BROKEN DREAMS?!! - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

HAS XIA SOLD US A BUNCH OF BROKEN DREAMS?!! - Page 2 Empty Re: HAS XIA SOLD US A BUNCH OF BROKEN DREAMS?!!

Post by smetro Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:09 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:If Round's doing all the leg work and the research, then to be fair that would indicate that he has a very important role, at any club the owner's going to rubber stamp the final decision, Round was never going to come in and have the final say on every decision from top to bottom of the club.

Depends how you spin it really.
When we sacked RDM there was no point doing a dossier on all available managers - with Steve Bruce unemployed and 4 promotions to his name it was always going to be him. This time around - Round could do his research but Wyness always know the man he wants.
Someone posted a list of the usual candidates a few pages back - I doubt if Round will produce a report saying 'ignore all those - I found this geezer in the Greek league who is the next managerial big thing we should appoint him'
smetro
smetro

HAS XIA SOLD US A BUNCH OF BROKEN DREAMS?!! - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:32 am

I'm not sure the comparisons to Lerner are fair. The American tosser didn't give a shit whereas Xia has had no issues rocking up to the training ground, gathering the players around and giving them a round of fucks.

I wonder how much loyalty Xia will put into Wyness. I suspect a lot but when the coaching and managerial appointments have all been failures despite having near-unlimited resources and facilities then I'd hope that Xia has at least considered where a big part of our problems lie.

The really sad thing to all this is that I thought this club would once again become leaders and pioneers. But the term "Dinosaur" that gets (rightly) levelled at Bruce really applies to the club as a whole. And the blame for that can only lie at the feet of one man.
Trotters
Trotters

HAS XIA SOLD US A BUNCH OF BROKEN DREAMS?!! - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2