The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Promotion discussion thread

+29
Dions_Bald_Head
VTID85
DelboyVilla
smetro
achilles
Villa_Dan
deadbuzzardalive
Army villain
The Utterer
Saunders82
UnclePanda
jeffvilla
Dazzle
De Kuip
FoxyAV
AstonThriller
Fpuppys
big ming
4BetLite
Gordonsleftboot
andrew24561
bruka
Terry Derry
NARLA24
Wriggle
Boldfinger
WendyOz
Trotters
gaffer85
33 posters

Page 31 of 35 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next

Go down

Promotion discussion thread - Page 31 Empty Re: Promotion discussion thread

Post by deadbuzz Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:44 pm

I've just noticed if we win tomorrow, we'll go into the top six, as neither Derby or Bristol City are playing. I had been off the mind that a draw tomorrow wouldn't be the worst result, but looking at it now, it would feel like a missed opportunity.

Could do with the teams just below us starting to lose some games now as well, need to start pulling away from them, as well as getting closer to the top six.
deadbuzz
deadbuzz

Promotion discussion thread - Page 31 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:39 pm

Dazzle wrote:If you had to choose between playing Leeds or Sheffield Utd in a playoff final, who would you choose? I’d rather play Leeds.

If we are full strength and on our game, no one can stop us IMO Promotion discussion thread - Page 31 3769219917
Saunders82
Saunders82

Promotion discussion thread - Page 31 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:13 am

It would be nice if we were able to give Tammy a bit of a breather, he’s looked like he could use one. Bit we’ve got nobody else to capably fill in, Kodjia out of sortS and Davis hardly played.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:54 pm

Dazzle wrote:It would be nice if we were able to give Tammy a bit of a breather, he’s looked like he could use one. Bit we’ve got nobody else to capably fill in, Kodjia out of sortS and Davis hardly played.

What we need is some kind of international break Very Happy

Except Tammy's playing for the England U21s...

I think Davis can do the job. He's physical and can hold the ball up while also being a good threat in front of goal. With the attacking midfield players we have we don't have to rely on the striker to score goals.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Promotion discussion thread - Page 31 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:46 pm

Watching Fulham just now and thinking..... wouldn't it be amusing if we passed Joe Bryan going in the opposite direction?
Still don't think we will make the play off's though..... me thinking that way has got us this far.
big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzz Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:20 pm

Preston and Hull have both been on amazing runs, albeit Hull are fading a bit now, Bristol City have two games in hand, but their next two are away to Sheffield United and Middlesbrough, and they still have to come to Villa Park, so finishing above those teams is affectively in our own hands.

Derby, who've been out form, could actually be the danger team if they get a run going, they've got a game in hand, and their remaining fixture's don't look too bad on paper.

Then there's Sheffield Wednesday, they haven't lost since Bruce went there. The media would love it if he got them to the play-offs at our expense.
deadbuzz
deadbuzz

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:04 pm

If Carlsberg did “great football weeks”......then we’ve just had it. Last Sunday at 11am I was looking at a league table where we were 2pts behind Birmingham and sat in 14th position. 7 days later we sit in 6th position and 7pts ahead of Birmingham. It doesn’t get any better than that! We go into the international break on the back of 4 straight wins and sat in a playoff position. We have two weeks rest for Jack Grealish to consolidate his fantastic return from a 3month injury. We have an inform and refreshed looking McGinn. We look forward to 1st team returns for Tuanzebe & Lansbury. Please McGrath don’t let any our of players on international duty pick up injuries. We return in 2 weeks with a home game against Blackburn Rovers. Don’t things look that much more rosy than 2 weeks ago?!
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:22 pm

deadbuzz wrote:Preston and Hull have both been on amazing runs, albeit Hull are fading a bit now, Bristol City have two games in hand, but their next two are away to Sheffield United and Middlesbrough, and they still have to come to Villa Park, so finishing above those teams is affectively in our own hands.

Derby, who've been out form, could actually be the danger team if they get a run going, they've got a game in hand, and their remaining fixture's don't look too bad on paper.

Then there's Sheffield Wednesday, they haven't lost since Bruce went there. The media would love it if he got them to the play-offs at our expense.

Agree with you about Derby, if they can shake off the stuttering form and regain their mojo then they do have a fixture list that looks like it should yield points. I’ll only be concerned about Wednesday if they win their next 2 fixtures, they still have to go to Leeds, Preston, and Norwich. If we maintain form for a month we should be home & dry in a playoff place. I thought 68pts might enough for 6th spot this season, I’d now be concerned if that was our final points tally! I think we could comfortably add a further 5 wins to our tally given our current form, that would take us to 72pts. I guess we have to aim to win the lot. Promotion discussion thread - Page 31 226846862
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:47 am

Dazzle wrote:If Carlsberg did “great football weeks”......then we’ve just had it. Last Sunday at 11am I was looking at a league table where we were 2pts behind Birmingham and sat in 14th position. 7 days later we sit in 6th position and 7pts ahead of Birmingham. It doesn’t get any better than that! We go into the international break on the back of 4 straight wins and sat in a playoff position. We have two weeks rest for Jack Grealish to consolidate his fantastic return from a 3month injury. We have an inform and refreshed looking McGinn. We look forward to 1st team returns for Tuanzebe & Lansbury. Please McGrath  don’t let any our of players on international duty pick up injuries. We return in 2 weeks with a home game against Blackburn Rovers. Don’t things look that much more rosy than 2 weeks ago?!

I'll miss this aspect to the Championship when we're up again.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:06 pm

Do we have many away on international duty? Be nice for them to stay at home and stay fit
Wookster
Wookster

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzz Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:18 pm

Apparently we could drop down to seventh, because Bolton are in danger of going out of business tomorrow, and if that happens all their results this season become void, meaning we'd lose the three points from our 2-0 win over them at Villa Park.

Derby lost their game to Bolton, meaning they wouldn't lose any points, and therefore would leapfrog us, into the final play-off position.

Hopefully someone comes in to save them.
deadbuzz
deadbuzz

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:21 pm

Bloody hell, what a nightmare. I mean for everyone who works for the clubs and the fans.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:38 pm

Sad time to be a Wanderers fan and some of the no doubt long time servants of the club.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:17 am

Interesting to see the press speculation this international break concerning rumoured interested clubs in Grealish come the summer. West Ham, Bournemouth, Spurs, Wolves all being mentioned. He’ll definitely be playing Premier League football 2019-20, and it’ll be in a Villa shirt! There ain’t no way he’d put a wolves shirt on, and with all due respect to Bournemouth.......he really isn’t going to swap walking out in front of 40k at Villa Park for 11k at Bournemouth. Just won’t happen. Villa will make the playoffs, win the playoffs, and Jack will walk out as captain of Aston Villa in a Premier League game in August. Shortly after he will be wearing an England shirt. UTV
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:03 pm

Hi Dazzle,
Can I have a borrow of your crystal ball please. Scarf Waving Scarf Waving
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:57 am

I think we still need to keep an eye on Forest, who have probably the smoother run in of all the main playoff hopefuls. Derby have 2 tricky looking away fixtures next which could easily see them drop a bunch of points. But let’s be honest about this, Villa have the hardest run in left! Away games at Sheffield Wednesday and Leeds, home games against Bristol City & Norwich! If we end up making playoffs then we’ll have really earned it!
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:41 pm

We seem to respond more when the going has been tough this season, and of course 5 wins gives the boys that extra bit of confidence it seems, we've nothing to loose because a month ago most people including me thought we had blown all chance of being in the mix, UTV lets see what happens.
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by Army villain Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:55 am

The first half was very good, we backed off in the second, put that down to the international break, we need to put games to bed.Deans comments on the game were correct, wasted chances. Anyway agree with Sanders a month ago I thought we had blown it, just need to keep on winning, putting pressure on the rest of the pack. UTV.
Army villain
Army villain

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:02 pm

I reckon there's a good chance we'll do what we did to Wolves last season to Norwich and Leeds.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Army villain Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:24 pm

Agree we are a much better team since we played Norwich, just need to keep the pressure on.
Army villain
Army villain

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:40 pm

Army villain wrote:Agree we are a much better team since we played Norwich, just need to keep the pressure on.

I like Smith's approach too, we spent the first half of the season with no left-sided CBs, but with two right-sided ones in Chester and Tuanzebe. We now have two left-sided CBs and despite the fact Tuanzebe was on the bench for Blackburn and Hause is better on the left than Taylor, Smith stuck with the same line-up as the previous match. The possibility of three at the back (Chester/Tuanzebe - Mings - Hause) would be tempting, or either of Chester/Mings and Tuanzebe/Mings, but unless someone gets injured I can't see Smith breaking up what is a settled defence now. Just a shame Elmo and Taylor aren't as good as any of our CB combinations.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:06 pm

It’s looking more likely by the day that Bolton could have a big say in the playoff places. It seems that they must be close to going out of business, players and staff now out on strike due to non payment of salary. The stadium is now closed to fans on health and safety grounds. Not looking good
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Army villain Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:56 pm

Yes not looking good if Bolton go out of business, points dropped NC would have 75 points, Leeds 70, SU 68, WBA 67, DC 59, AV 57, MId 55, BC54,NF54, PNE,52, SW 50, have to see how it plays out.
Army villain
Army villain

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:31 pm

Dazzle wrote:It’s looking more likely by the day that Bolton could have a big say in the playoff places. It seems that they must be close to going out of business, players and staff now out on strike due to non payment of salary. The stadium is now closed to fans on health and safety grounds. Not looking good

I thought that someone was coming in for them, just stay positive, UTV
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzz Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:20 am

So Bristol City win to go above us, they still have a game in hand and their next two games are at home to Wigan and Albion. But it's not all bad, at least they took points off another of our play-off rivals, and finishing sixth is now technically in our own hands.

If Bolton were to go out of business that would mess things up, and they're actually in court today to face another winding up order, but from what I can gather their fans seem confident that they're going to be given more time to finalize the sale of the club. It seems there are a few interested parties, so I think they should be okay.
deadbuzz
deadbuzz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 35 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next