The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Promotion discussion thread

Page 16 of 24 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20 ... 24  Next

Go down

Re: Promotion discussion thread

Post by FoxyAV on Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:08 pm

I'm assuming Whelan's introduction to the team over the last couple of matches was a temporary measure and with Grealish and Adomah fit again we can get back to how we were playing at the start of the year. As much as I like Hogan, Grabban is in much better form and I think we should start him up front. Since Bruce has said we have to play hoofball at home because of the pitch I think we can only afford one striker as we almost always give the ball away and the midfield is there as an advance line of defence. We just can't afford to have Hogan and Grabban on the pitch at the same time as Grealish.
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV on Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:10 pm

Who are the bed wetters/bedwetters?

@AstonThriller wrote:The bed wetters will lose their sh/t of course

@AstonThriller wrote:But of course the bedwetters are acting like Wolves are "Barca" again Very Happy .
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles on Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:18 pm

That is the problem I see with ourselves in that we have not played well for 90 minutes in any match this season and just grind out results. We don't control any game because we very rarely play any football or try and keep the ball.

Yes the other night we could easily have scored six or more but Bruce by means of his subs decided that he didn't want to know, different managers attitudes could easily make the difference come the end of the season, goal difference might be vital.

Saturday to me will provide a true test as if we are anything below our best (or near) we will get punished and it will provide a true reflection on where we actually stand in the automatic promotion race.
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:32 pm

Pant wetters is probably a general reference to those on social media acting like Wolves are unbeatable, and if we lose to them we're out of the race for second place. If we do lose and Fulham and especially Cardiff win, then things will be looking pretty bleak for us, but we can't just give up at that point and resign ourselves to the play-offs.

I personally think we can beat Wolves and will be disappointed with any other result, we need as many wins as possible, and shouldn't settle for less, we're the form team in the division. I'm not overly confident, but as long as we approach the game in the right way, then we can get a win.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV on Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:22 pm

We're back to name calling again, at fellow Villains.

Anyway, I don't believe Wolves are unbeatable, they're where they are because a) they're a very good team, b) they don't appear to have suffered any key injuries, c) the manager knows what he's doing and d) as has been pointed out they seem to play every other game against 10 men.

With Grealish and Adomah back in the squad and Grabban knocking in goals for fun I think it will be a good game. As has been said what we don't need is Bruce panicking and going defensive or playing Whelan. If gritty grimaces and looking angry won matches he'd be our star player but he really isn't even at Jedi's level, let alone Thor's.

We're so fragile though, if anything happens to Grealish or Adomah then Onomah will be on and we'll be in trouble.

I'd love Bruce to go balls out at home and go for the kill but unless he's suddenly decided to play the ball on the ground we need the extra midfielder. Since we have in-form midfielders in the shape of Adomah, Snodgrass, Hourihane and Grealish it really shouldn't be a problem.
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle on Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:49 pm

Bjarnason has to start the Wolves game as protector of the back 4, his distribution and mobility will be of more use against a side such as Wolves. I’m inclined to agree with starting Grabban over Hogan at the moment, I don’t think we have the personnel to carry a 4-4-2 against the dog heads. It’s either/or with Hogan and Grabban, satisfied with either. It’s only my thoughts but this is THE game to go full tilt for the 3pts in the 1st half, give it everything from minute 1 and go after these fuckers and try to bully them around and knock the swagger out of them. We’ve not much to lose by losing and everything to gain by winning. Go hell for leather after the smarmy fucks.
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:50 pm

The EFL have said that they're going to investigate the Wolves Mendes link, but surely they won't find anything that they didn't know about it when they gave the takeover the go ahead; and as far as the investigation goes, I bet they're just going to ask Wolves to clarify a few things, rather than actually digging deep into the situation.

But Wyness is an experienced CEO, and you'd think he wouldn't bring something up like this, if they didn't have a serious case to answer, unless this is an attempt to unsettle them before the game on Saturday, but that could backfire.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller on Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:33 pm

@achilles wrote:That is the problem I see with ourselves in that we have not played well for 90 minutes in any match this season and just grind out results. We don't control any game because we very rarely play any football or try and keep the ball.

You've said this before, and I'll reply like I did back then.

Aston Villa 5-0 Bristol City
Burton 0-4 Aston Villa
Barnsley 0-3 Aston Villa
QPR 1- 2 Aston Villa
Preston 0-2 Aston Villa
Sunderland 0-3 Aston Villa
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller on Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:36 pm

@deadbuzzardalive wrote:The EFL have said that they're going to investigate the Wolves Mendes link, but surely they won't find anything that they didn't know about it when they gave the takeover the go ahead; and as far as the investigation goes, I bet they're just going to ask Wolves to clarify a few things, rather than actually digging deep into the situation.

But Wyness is an experienced CEO, and you'd think he wouldn't bring something up like this, if they didn't have a serious case to answer, unless this is an attempt to unsettle them before the game on Saturday, but that could backfire.

There are rumors spreading that Mendes's company Is paying a percentage of the wages of the players (Neves, Jota, Boly etc) and manager, and thus, that would be "3rd ownership" stuff which is against the rules.
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles on Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:44 pm

@AstonThriller wrote:
@achilles wrote:That is the problem I see with ourselves in that we have not played well for 90 minutes in any match this season and just grind out results. We don't control any game because we very rarely play any football or try and keep the ball.

You've said this before, and I'll reply like I did back then.

Aston Villa 5-0 Bristol City
Burton 0-4 Aston Villa
Barnsley 0-3 Aston Villa
QPR 1- 2 Aston Villa
Preston 0-2 Aston Villa
Sunderland 0-3 Aston Villa

Very sorry that I might have repeated myself over time I will try better next time not to repeat myself as it obviously upsets you so much!

By the way we never played well for 90 minutes against Sunderland as we didn't have too as they are an appalling excuse of a side.

achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip on Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:55 pm

@deadbuzzardalive wrote:The EFL have said that they're going to investigate the Wolves Mendes link, but surely they won't find anything that they didn't know about it when they gave the takeover the go ahead; and as far as the investigation goes, I bet they're just going to ask Wolves to clarify a few things, rather than actually digging deep into the situation.

Possibly they won't find anything but I've been following the Sky cycling team "medical doping" story with interest. A team that professed to be squeaky clean and seemed above question now seems to consist of a bunch of shuffling asthmatics who only managed to turn a wheel due to the efficacy if copious amounts of nasal decongestant. Suddenly all sorts of people are asking questions and it seems something may be rotten in the state of Denmark.
Only needs things to gather momentum and suddenly questions about wolves that had robust denials may begin to weaken and unravel.
I watch with interest.
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys on Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:07 pm

Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles on Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:24 pm

That article is quite interesting as it highlights the fact about paying players artificial salaries to get around FFP, which I never realised you could do (but you can't)!

I love the quote:

"Wolves are said to confident over accusations and while operating a strict wage structure they believe players have joined the club to be part of the aspirational project.
Privately, officials cite this as good business practice."

So someone with Champions League experience who is relatively young, is willing to come to another country, in a lower league, no European football, for less money than they earned at their last club, all for the love of the revolution taking place at Wolverlona! No wonder they cite it as good business practice, all clubs would bloody well do it! Do me a favour! lol!
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda on Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:49 pm

Well, at least Blues are doing their best to help us out. Tossers.
UnclePanda

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip on Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:14 pm

@UnclePanda wrote:Well, at least Blues are doing their best to help us out. Tossers.

And they've got Fulham last game..

Tossers.
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro on Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:52 pm

Bruce often gets maligned for his lack of tactics - but WTF was the Nuno up to today. He tried to play a slow passing game (never a good move imo), in a local derby FFS !!!!! - Just before and just after the scored wolves had loads of possession, but them seemed to play over elaborate with lots of side ways passing...

I couldn't believe Afobe and Helda costa were on the bench either. From what I seem recently Wolves looks the weakest of Fulham, Cardiff, Villa.
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:45 pm

Wolves record since Christmas has been play-off form at best, but I think they've done enough already to get over the line, they've got two home games coming up against Reading and Burton, which should put them back on track.

Two very big games for us this week, won't be easy, but if we were to win both of them, then we could be second going into the international break.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro on Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:24 pm

wolves have quite an easy run which should get them over the line. world beaters they aint though.
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles on Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:36 pm

@smetro wrote:wolves have quite an easy run which should get them over the line. world beaters they aint though.

Yes, still think they will do it, as their own forum says they are 'flat track bully boys' and they have to play most of the lower half teams.
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip on Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:51 pm

Can't remember what wolves forum it was I was looking at yesterday  (I just fancied 20 minutes fun) but I've never seen such a fucking bunch of bedwetting aunt sallys in all my born days. Feck me but you'd think somehow us smashing them was the end of their world, like we'd taken 20 points off them in one game.
Listen, us villa fans ain't perfect, I know that, and sometimes we go over the top in our worrying cos we're desperate to get back to great things. But, some of the posts I read on their forum must only have been made by people with learning difficulties- I've never seen such mass panic and chest ripping angst in all my days.
I always liked wolves the best of our midlands rivals, but bloody hell their supporters are a bunch of fannies.
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller on Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:34 am

@deadbuzzardalive wrote:Wolves record since Christmas has been play-off form at best, but I think they've done enough already to get over the line, they've got two home games coming up against Reading and Burton, which should put them back on track.

Two very big games for us this week, won't be easy, but if we were to win both of them, then we could be second going into the international break.

They still have Boro, Derby and Cardiff to play, plus are more than capable of dropping points other sides as we've seen against Sunderland, Forest and Norwich.

Anyway, this week is massive. Cardiff travel to Brentford and Derby, whilst we play QPR and Bolton. Of course, nothing is written in stone, but we've got to see this as a chance to close the gap on them. Let's just pray that we do just that.

COME ON VILLA!! Scarf Waving
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV on Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:47 am

I was wondering about Snoddy and how he seems to be thoroughly enjoying playing for the Villa. The passion (not a word I use too often) he showed against Wolves was great to see, and that footage of him and Lansbury commentating on a match isn't something I'd expect to see Onomah doing. West Ham weren't interested in using him but are now he's doing so well, and possibly because they don't seem to have a recognised right winger. I'm beginning to wonder if he's not merely found his level - as some West Ham fans have suggested - but is part and parcel of our push into the PL. Two things could realistically happen: we could well get promoted and West Ham could well get relegated, what then?

What do you all think about keeping Snodgrass if we were promoted and given the opportunity? Do you think he even wants to go back to West Ham?

I reckon if we go up and West Ham stay up he may well put in a transfer request.

Sure, it's maybe just euphoria from the Wolves match but we'll see how the rest of the season plays out.
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan on Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:58 pm

He hates West Ham and the owners as they publicly slated the signings Bilic made. He won't be playing for them next season IMO
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle on Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:59 pm

@FoxyAV wrote:I was wondering about Snoddy and how he seems to be thoroughly enjoying playing for the Villa. The passion (not a word I use too often) he showed against Wolves was great to see, and that footage of him and Lansbury commentating on a match isn't something I'd expect to see Onomah doing. West Ham weren't interested in using him but are now he's doing so well, and possibly because they don't seem to have a recognised right winger. I'm beginning to wonder if he's not merely found his level - as some West Ham fans have suggested - but is part and parcel of our push into the PL. Two things could realistically happen: we could well get promoted and West Ham could well get relegated, what then?

What do you all think about keeping Snodgrass if we were promoted and given the opportunity? Do you think he even wants to go back to West Ham?

I reckon if we go up and West Ham stay up he may well put in a transfer request.

Sure, it's maybe just euphoria from the Wolves match but we'll see how the rest of the season plays out.

I think, more than anything else, it’ll probably take a change of owners to persuade Snodgrass to want to go back to West Ham. With how Villa Park is swinging at the moment I’d say Snodgrass would prefer to stay at Villa even if we didn’t make it up, though we wouldn’t be able to afford him in that scenario. However I think we’re looking a lot more like a cohesive team in 2018, even if that depends a lot on having Grealish in the side, and I am now beginning to think of us as an automatic promotion pick. The only other team to be wary of in the playoffs would be Fulham, and with a fully fit side we beat them in my opinion, we’re getting better with time. The injury list remaining clear is vital for us.
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle on Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:14 pm

First & foremost we simply have to keep churning out wins and 3pts, game after game. But I will be looking for Cardiff to drop points this week, should they put another two wins together this week away at Brentford and derby then you have to say they’ve cleared a big hurdle. We have a tricky away game at Bolton which won’t be easy at all. We need 6pts from next 2 and to see Cardiff drop at least a couple of points, can’t see anything other than a Cardiff win at derby to be honest so I’m relying on Brentford to do the business!
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 24 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum