The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Aston Villa v Norwich City

+18
Villa Ranger
NARLA24
gaffer85
Trotters
Saunders82
Wriggle
big ming
avfc85
VillaBill
Villa_Dan
De Kuip
The Utterer
AstonThriller
FoxyAV
deadbuzzardalive
achilles
avfc forever
Dazzle
22 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Aston Villa v Norwich City - Page 3 Empty Re: Aston Villa v Norwich City

Post by NARLA24 Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:13 pm

In the words of Victor Meldrew....." I don't. Bloody believe it."
NARLA24
NARLA24

Aston Villa v Norwich City - Page 3 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:15 pm

Why the fucking hell isn't O'Hare on the bench? WHY

And why the fuck is Hutton still on the pitch.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:21 pm

Oh look. Hutton makes us shit AGAIN. Christ Bruce really is the dumbest fucker around

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:24 pm

Getting roasted this half
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Aston Villa v Norwich City - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by gaffer85 Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:28 pm

Gwan conor
gaffer85
gaffer85

Aston Villa v Norwich City - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:35 pm

Have we really scored 3 goals in one game?
Good stuff today guys and girls.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:41 pm

Fucking awful at the back. 2 goals conceded at home to Norwich. Dogshit 2nd half.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by gaffer85 Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:44 pm

Hourihane you beauty
gaffer85
gaffer85

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:47 pm

4...2 ya beauty
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:57 pm

Positives:
Hourihan
Keinan Davies
Some lovely attacking football and proper passing

Negatives:
Truly fucking woeful defending
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:41 pm

Yep the defending against what really were long punts forward was awful, Hutton I thought could have done better for their first goal, the guy came running across him from his wide area, which as we all know he should have been covering, that gave them a glint of a fight back I thought and I was worried we would do our normal and cave in. We just need to add some more 3 pointers to that one, can we do it? we will see. Aston Villa v Norwich City - Page 3 1662365926
Saunders82
Saunders82

Aston Villa v Norwich City - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:45 pm

Today showed the importance of having midfielders that can nick a goal. Green and Hourihane scoring goals could be one of the most important moments of our season. Because it's contributions from the likes of those two that will make all the difference come the end of the season. When Conor first came in he was making those late runs into the box constantly and had plenty of chances but just couldn't finish them. At the time, I was heartened by the fact that he was simply getting into those goalscoring positions in the first place. Bruce decided to employ him in a much deeper role in recent times but he was back in an advanced role today and boy did it pay off.

I also said that Davis would give us a presence up top and he was outstanding. He's got pace, skill and is a real hard worker. I think if we develop him right he really could become something special in the future.

Today Bruce got things right so credit must go to him. Have to hope that we improve a little defensively but tbh teams who score goals often leak a fair few in this league!!...just have to look at a lot of the top seven teams last year for examples.

Another encouraging fact is we had FOUR players on the pitch that were 20 and under. Onomah (20), Davis (19), Green (19) and Bree (19). So that bodes well for the future. Hope we can still bring in a few attacking options before the window closes. And maybe the odd defender to keep our first choice players on their toes.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Aston Villa v Norwich City - Page 3 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:51 pm

Positives:

*Davis was fantastic.
*Hourihane was very good, ignoring all the goals. He pinged passes all over and did really well.
*A win.
*Hourihane, Davis and Green had some good chemistry down the left side.

Negatives:

*Terry was rubbish. Awful.
*Hutton was his usual self. Dogshit.
*Johnstone needs to learn to stay at his line.
*We once again stepped off in the second half, and we could very well have lost this.
Awful subs from Bruce. They should have come way earlier.
*Awful bench. It's criminal not to have O'Hare on the bench.

With the slight chance of sounding full of myself, I've said for ages that we should give the acadamy lads a go. That's the best centre forward display I've seen in ages. Don't think we've had someone do what Davis did today, since Carew. Just let them have a go. Great goal from Green. Terry was awful. Should have Suliman, O'Hare, RHM, Doyle-Hayes, rotated in there.

I'm finding it really hard to praise Bruce irrespective of the win. How on earth he manages to start Hutton I will never know. Everyone has seen how shit and instrumental in our shitness he's been for 3 years now. Why he gets to start over Bree who has been nothing but solid, it's utter baffling.
Every single game I watch Hutton play, he is out of position so much you KNOW it will lead to a goal or two. Today I saw it right away. Called it and suddenly they scored. It's absurd. Everyone can see this, yet Bruce decides he is a better option than Bree. It's absolutely fucking insane.

Must say it's fantastic to have a midfielder who dares to have a shot now and then though. Hourihane Aston Villa v Norwich City - Page 3 238524133

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:58 pm

Hopefully, that will be the last we see of Hutton now and De Laet/Bree can fight it out for a starting role.

Also Lansbury got himself two assists today which is very encouraging. Yes they were pretty much basic passes, but hopefully, it will lift his confidence like Conor's goal at Reading clearly lifted his.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Aston Villa v Norwich City - Page 3 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:03 pm

You have to think he plays Hutton in an effort to get someone (anyone) interested in buying him. Problem is, Josh Murphy (what a talent!) made him look more useless than usual. Bree to start please.
Obviously a better performance, but still plenty of concerns. Been here before with Bruce. Need to see a consistent run of results before I will stop thinking of alternative Manager/Coach being appointed. Liked the blend of youth and experience but Murphy nearly did for us second half.
big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:20 pm

If we can beat Bristol City now on Friday then we'll go ahead of Middlesbrough and close the gap on Wolves, putting a bit of pressure on them for their games the following day. We'll still be five points behind Cardiff and Ipswich, but I don't expect them to maintain what they're doing now, over a season, I know the same was said of Reading and Huddersfield last season, but I think that was different.

Just have to actually beat Bristol though, and show we can do it away from home and today wasn't just a one-off.

Still think we could do with a pacey defender, maybe one who can play both in central defense, and at left-back if needed.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:28 pm

I like Dr T's tweet. At least he isn't thinking all is rosey off the back of today
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:46 pm

Yes Bruce has probably saved his job for a few games today, but we need to go on a run of games to show that we've truly turned the corner. Good to see Tony isn't getting too carried away.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:38 pm

Well needed result. Positives and negatives as outlined above spot on. Thought Joppe's post really echoed what my conclusions were so not worth adding to that other than to say unless we see some kind of miracle change in Bruce, sorry, I'll never feel he's right for our club. I know that probably sounds spoiled and like I'm trying to look for the cloud in the silver lining, but we won games last season and I still didn't want him here.
I hope him and the team ram those words down my throat,  but as Bruce has been very fond of saying, 3 games is nothing to judge on. So I tell you what Steve, win the next 3 convincingly and by your standards we can start to say you are sorting it.
Keep picking Hutton and Terry and ignoring ohare and rushian and I still won't think you are anything but a fucking chancer.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:47 pm

I was walking to the game this afternoon wondering how on earth we couldn’t win the game against Norwich with that team on the pitch, it had so much quality. Well the game was one of the best I have witnessed for absolutely ages. Norwich started the better passing it around and pressing us really well but with Davis playing really well and causing them problems we got into the game. A great cross by Davies across the box was converted by Hourihane in the 22nd minute and then Andre made it two twenty minutes later with an absolutely brilliant curler into the top corner of the goal (this was started by Hutton’s ball up to Lansbury). In the 36th minute Hutton took a nasty kick on his ankle from Murphy which Murphy quite rightly got booked. I think Hutton struggled after this especially in the second half before being substituted by Bree in the 64th minute. The start of the second half was typical Villa as we dropped back into our shell so it was not surprising that Norwich scored a goal although I am convinced Murphy was at least 3 yards offside, as I was in line but the linesman was nowhere to be seen (in fact I don’t think the linesman on the Trinity Road side got anything right all afternoon). So then we were just hanging on and only a great defensive block by Whelan stopped Norwich from equalising, so it was with great relief when Hourihane, in the 68th minute, hit a belter from outside the box that took a slight deflection before looping over the goalkeeper into the net. But once again we retreated and allowed Norwich too much time and when Terry lost his man, Norwich were back into the game again after 79 minutes. Luckily we picked up again and a great shot from Hourihane completed his hattrick in the 85th minute. Then right at the death Villa had a great chance to ice the cake when Bree did a great run down the byline with a good pass to Elmo who hit the bar with Green heading the rebound straight at the goalkeeper.

Johnstone – 7 – Not a lot to do except pick the ball out the net, no chance with the goals.
Taylor – 7 – Pretty solid defensively but still lacks offensive presence.
Chester – 7 – Still looks uncomfortable to me with Terry there and really should have done better with the free header he had in the second half.
Terry – 7 – Lost his man for the goal but still looks so assured especially on the ball.
Hutton – 5 – Certainly struggled in the second half but convinced that was because of the knock he got in the first half. Helped to create the second goal.
Green – 8 – Absolutely superb goal but he has to learn that teams will suss him out and stop him doing that as he tried it earlier but Norwich stopped him shooting. Needs to bring more to his game as well as he has the ability; so use it! Perhaps this will give him the confidence to move up a level.
Please practise your heading!!!
Hourihane – 10 – MOTM without question, dynamic, inspirational, workaholic and that is besides his brilliant strikes and dead ball deliveries which are superb. This is the player we bought from Barnsley at long last, long may it continue.
Whelan – 7 – Still struggling with the pace of the Championship which is a bit of a worry but did okay especially his defensive block in the second half, he might not have known much about it but it was a certain goal if he hadn’t been there.
Elmohamady – 7 – Really didn’t do a lot for me, flatters to deceive, jury still out.
Onomah – 6 – Shame he had to go off injured in the 30th minute as he certainly is a presence and was proving a capable foil with Davis.
Davis – 10 – Would have got the MOTM without Hourihane scoring a hattrick, absolutely brilliant right from the kickoff, harrying the Norwich defenders, hit the cross bar, fully deserved a goal for his contribution to the game. He held the ball up brilliantly, using his strength and speed but then always finding a player to lay the ball off too. He is intelligent and he was the catalyst for the team’s performance today which without him we wouldn’t have won, that is how much I rated him today!
Substitutes:
Lansbury – 8 – 30th minute - Played well when he came on for Onomah, certainly seemed to be on the same wavelength with Hourihane which was good to see. Still expect more but perhaps that is being a bit harsh.
Bree – 6 – 64th minute – Thought he looked totally lost when he first came on, he didn’t really pick anybody up and only came to life right at the end.
Samba - ? – 87th minute – Too late to contribute anything.
achilles
achilles

Aston Villa v Norwich City - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:00 pm

Anyone are entitled to their views, but I suspect you've had a brandy or seven. Terry 7 and Hutton 5? Assuming 1-10 scale, and 5,5 starting value, you are saying Hutton was slightly less shit than 100% average performance. And Terry at 7? Terry was fucking awful.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:02 pm

It's weird having a Sat. night with Villa winning and doing well. Can't remember the last time.

Dazzle should here by be given all match threads Aston Villa v Norwich City - Page 3 50815218

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa Ranger Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:55 pm

achilles wrote:Andre made it two twenty minutes later with an absolutely brilliant curler into the top corner of the goal (this was started by Hutton’s ball up to Lansbury).

Hutton – 5 – Certainly struggled in the second half but convinced that was because of the knock he got in the first half. Helped to create the second goal.

The brandies must have started at breakfast by the looks of things.  Drink

The pass to Lansbury, prior to his assist for Andre Green, was a headed pass from Keinan Davis. Hutton's attempted pass to Lansbury went to a Norwich player.

Your desperation to convince yourself that Hutton is a good player is now bordering on the delusional, where you're trying to credit him with an 'assist for an assist', and still getting it wrong. Aston Villa v Norwich City - Page 3 4107169167

Also, you seem to be blaming their first goal on the linesman. Didn't look offside to me. Looks like Hutton gets caught too far inside, ball-watching, whilst Murphy hugs the touchline and does him with the timing of his run.

You need to let it go, mate. Flogging a dead hors

Hutton is gash.
Villa Ranger
Villa Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:07 pm

It's rather amazing how an experienced PL defender can be as much out of position as Hutton is. You would think postioning was sometgibg that didn't go away with age.

I honestly think I've never seen a defender at Villa being quite as useless in regards to positioning in the last 30 years.

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:20 pm

Fair enough I won't bother again! report
achilles
achilles

Aston Villa v Norwich City - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down