The Bells Are Ringing


WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!


Villa v Derby ...... The Thin Red Line

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Score

23% 23% 
[ 3 ]
46% 46% 
[ 6 ]
31% 31% 
[ 4 ]
 
Total Votes : 13

Villa v Derby ...... The Thin Red Line

Post by 4BetLite on Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:49 am

OK, I'll have a shot at it. I believe this is the game we stop the rot.
avatar
4BetLite



Posts : 1776
Reputation : 2815
Join date : 2015-06-20
Location : Bloody Hell

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa v Derby ...... The Thin Red Line

Post by De Kuip on Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:49 am

0-2 to Derby, both own goals but both involving Darren Bent.

SB makes a conservative 9 changes, with the 2 unchanged players - Johnstone and Kodjia swapping places.

43rd minute DB gets first goal from the halfway line as he smashes a long hopeful effort towards goal, which is seized on by stand-in keeper Kodjia, who spots an empty net (forgets it's his own) and smashes the ball into the net before running across to Bruce to celebrate.

Darren Bent gets the assist.

Bruce, in an apoplectic fit of Geordie rage, pulls a kebab from his tracksuit pocket and smashes it - extra chilli sauce and all - into Kodjia's fizzog.

Kodjia has to go off and is reluctantly replaced by centre forward Johnstone (who had done no worse thus far than any of the other Villa strikers in the last 5 games), immediately weakening our position in goal.

77th minute and just as Villa look like they might be getting back into the game, with two players standing out well so far - Samba, who has a smart luminous pink and yellow Adidas Zimmer frame, and Doris the tea lady who has made some great runs down the left wing, hardly spilling any water from the baby belling, and only losing 2 of those wooden stirrer sticks, plus one biscotti (hoovered up by Bruce).

Then disaster strikes - Xia, engrossed in his Twitter feed and positively moist from buying Millenium Films - wanders blithely onto the field of play whilst tweeting a quote from "The Art of War" and accidentally brings DB down in the box.

Ref awards a penalty and sends Xia off (Xia now has a 10 Tweet ban from the FA). Up steps DB and blasts the penalty like a cruise missile towards the top right hand corner of the goal. Unbelievably and for the first time ever, Johnstone makes a miraculous save, rising like a tin of John West Salmon to palm the ball back out from the goal. Unfortunately the ball flies out to a self-absorbed Henri Lansbury, who was busy replacing an errant strand from his man-bun. The ball strikes his ankle and rolls towards the goal at a walking pace. Johnstone - mortified that he might have to save two shots in a game, reverts to type and dives over the ball as it creeps over the line at the speed of an asthmatic tortoise.

2-0 to the Rams, game over, Bruce is helped down the tunnel by Doris, and someone in a large overcoat with one of those comedy Scotsman tartan hat/ginger wig things on, but who still looks suspiciously like Ranieri, is seen disappearing off towards Hollywood with Xia.

Yep, that's pretty much how I see things panning out on Saturday.......
avatar
De Kuip



Posts : 2007
Reputation : 3336
Join date : 2014-05-20
Age : 100

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa v Derby ...... The Thin Red Line

Post by Villa_Dan on Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:14 am

De Kuip that is complete fucking nonsense. Like our keeper would make a save.
avatar
Villa_Dan



Posts : 4190
Reputation : 3971
Join date : 2014-05-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa v Derby ...... The Thin Red Line

Post by 4BetLite on Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:31 am

@De Kuip wrote:0-2 to Derby, both own goals but both involving Darren Bent.

SB makes a conservative 9 changes, with the 2 unchanged players - Johnstone and Kodjia swapping places.

43rd minute DB gets first goal from the halfway line as he smashes a long hopeful effort towards goal, which is seized on by stand-in keeper Kodjia, who spots an empty net (forgets it's his own) and smashes the ball into the net before running across to Bruce to celebrate.

Darren Bent gets the assist.

Bruce, in an apoplectic fit of Geordie rage, pulls a kebab from his tracksuit pocket and smashes it - extra chilli sauce and all - into Kodjia's fizzog.

Kodjia has to go off and is reluctantly replaced by centre forward Johnstone (who had done no worse thus far than any of the other Villa strikers in the last 5 games), immediately weakening our position in goal.

77th minute and just as Villa look like they might be getting back into the game, with two players standing out well so far - Samba, who has a smart luminous pink and yellow Adidas Zimmer frame, and Doris the tea lady who has made some great runs down the left wing, hardly spilling any water from the baby belling, and only losing 2 of those wooden stirrer sticks, plus one biscotti (hoovered up by Bruce).

Then disaster strikes - Xia, engrossed in his Twitter feed and positively moist from buying Millenium Films - wanders blithely onto the field of play whilst tweeting a quote from "The Art of War" and accidentally brings DB down in the box.

Ref awards a penalty and sends Xia off (Xia now has a 10 Tweet ban from the FA). Up steps DB and blasts the penalty like a cruise missile towards the top right hand corner of the goal. Unbelievably and for the first time ever, Johnstone makes a miraculous save, rising like a tin of John West Salmon to palm the ball back out from the goal. Unfortunately the ball flies out to a self-absorbed Henri Lansbury, who was busy replacing an errant strand from his man-bun. The ball strikes his ankle and rolls towards the goal at a walking pace. Johnstone - mortified that he might have to save two shots in a game, reverts to type and dives over the ball as it creeps over the line at the speed of an asthmatic tortoise.

2-0 to the Rams, game over, Bruce is helped down the tunnel by Doris, and someone in a large overcoat with one of those comedy Scotsman tartan hat/ginger wig things on, but who still looks suspiciously like Ranieri, is seen disappearing off towards Hollywood with Xia.

Yep, that's pretty much how I see things panning out on Saturday.......

Bloody Hell, I dunno whether to clap cheer cry boo or ...... No, I dunno
avatar
4BetLite



Posts : 1776
Reputation : 2815
Join date : 2015-06-20
Location : Bloody Hell

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa v Derby ...... The Thin Red Line

Post by Trotters on Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:33 pm

I'm crying laughing! Bravo.

And from what I've heard, Doris could well be the reason we score...hoof the ball high enough and she'll blow it into the net!
avatar
Trotters



Posts : 9557
Reputation : 5249
Join date : 2014-03-09
Age : 46
Location : Brisbane

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa v Derby ...... The Thin Red Line

Post by Saunders82 on Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:32 pm

Can't see a win here, best we can hope for is our players manage to pass to each other every time, the next step is to score a goal.
avatar
Saunders82



Posts : 680
Reputation : 589
Join date : 2014-04-17
Age : 67
Location : Birmingham UK

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa v Derby ...... The Thin Red Line

Post by smetro on Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:52 pm

What will be will be.
If McGrath means us to win we will.
avatar
smetro



Posts : 2506
Reputation : 1465
Join date : 2014-12-26
Age : 53

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa v Derby ...... The Thin Red Line

Post by andrew24561 on Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:27 pm

gone for the win.....law of averages says we have to win eventually, lets hope its tomorrow.
avatar
andrew24561



Posts : 245
Reputation : 301
Join date : 2014-04-16
Age : 56
Location : sutton coldfield

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa v Derby ...... The Thin Red Line

Post by De Kuip on Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:08 pm

If we've got one ray of hope it's that Derbeh have been off form of late.
I think I'd like to see (of players available):
Bunn
Hutton Chester baker Taylor
Jedi
Houri lanso banana man
Green
Kodjia

41311.
avatar
De Kuip



Posts : 2007
Reputation : 3336
Join date : 2014-05-20
Age : 100

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa v Derby ...... The Thin Red Line

Post by De Kuip on Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:11 pm

Shit just realised my formation looks like a massively optimistic GTC guess! Trotters.....no......that is not my guess.....leave it.......
avatar
De Kuip



Posts : 2007
Reputation : 3336
Join date : 2014-05-20
Age : 100

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa v Derby ...... The Thin Red Line

Post by Fpuppys on Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:08 pm

I would go with a 4-4-2 diamond;



You just know that Johnston will start (Guess it could be part of the loan agreement) Not sure if Bree is fully fit so Hutton (did ok against the Barcodes) Not sure about the Adomah and Bjarnasson, maybe they could interchange, Sod it! the more I look at it the worse it get's, the way were playing that will end up a 5-4-1. confused
avatar
Fpuppys



Posts : 746
Reputation : 338
Join date : 2014-04-28
Age : 52
Location : Wishing I was somewhere else.

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa v Derby ...... The Thin Red Line

Post by Trotters on Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:58 pm

I like that one! (Thats what she said).

DK's is interesting too. But could Green play in the hole?
avatar
Trotters



Posts : 9557
Reputation : 5249
Join date : 2014-03-09
Age : 46
Location : Brisbane

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa v Derby ...... The Thin Red Line

Post by Villa_Dan on Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:40 am

We will lose.

But the formation I'd go with would be:

                 Johnston (as it seems we will regardless)
Hutton-Chester-Baker-Taylor
        Jedinak---Hourihane
                 Lansbury
Adomah--------------------Green
                   Kodjia

Jedinak protects the back 4. Hourihane was as important at the back as he was going forwards for Barnsley (in the top 5 players for both tackles and interceptions) so sit him deeper and play box to box. Lansbury further up the pitch.

If Bree is fit play him instead of Hutton. And possibly Grealish instead of Green (although I wouldn't)
avatar
Villa_Dan



Posts : 4190
Reputation : 3971
Join date : 2014-05-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa v Derby ...... The Thin Red Line

Post by NARLA24 on Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:14 am

Neck on line but hey ho. I am going with 3-1 Villa. Do not know why but i just feel we are going to do well today.
Please feel free to come back at 5pm and verbally kick the absolute shit out of me should we lose again.
The fact that Bent will definately play puts the shits up me to be honest. He has been scoring well recently and you just know he will score and run around kissing the fucking Derby badge

]
[
avatar
NARLA24



Posts : 2348
Reputation : 1754
Join date : 2014-09-26
Age : 47
Location : Working to bloody hard

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa v Derby ...... The Thin Red Line

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:21 am

Can't see anything other than a Derby win.

deadbuzzardalive



Posts : 1943
Reputation : 1335
Join date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa v Derby ...... The Thin Red Line

Post by VTID85 on Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:53 am

Father in law confident they will turn us over with ease. I'm less sure that will be the case (Derby not as good as many Rams fans think right now).

The good news is, despite my wife being Derby born-and-bred, she's sided with us for this one!
avatar
VTID85



Posts : 499
Reputation : 638
Join date : 2014-04-30
Location : Derby

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa v Derby ...... The Thin Red Line

Post by Joppe84 on Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:16 pm

Think we'll go under 2-0 and people on here will be utterly suicidal. Then we win 3-2 and you all will give each other hand jobs.
avatar
Joppe84



Posts : 3427
Reputation : 2932
Join date : 2015-06-17
Location : Oslo

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa v Derby ...... The Thin Red Line

Post by big ming on Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:06 pm

Just seen the line up. No striker sub on the bench. If Kodija gets crocked we will be absolutely toothless. Would have thought Bruce would at least have promoted someone from the u23's as cover.

big ming



Posts : 190
Reputation : 252
Join date : 2014-05-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa v Derby ...... The Thin Red Line

Post by 4BetLite on Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:07 pm

Interesting lineup news upcoming, 4 changes........ green and albert in, Thor and Hourianne out, Johnstone starts again (has to be a clause in the contract), Bacuna in! Baker back, Bree on bench.

No Samba!
avatar
4BetLite



Posts : 1776
Reputation : 2815
Join date : 2015-06-20
Location : Bloody Hell

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa v Derby ...... The Thin Red Line

Post by Trotters on Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:36 pm

@Joppe84 wrote:Think we'll go under 2-0 and people on here will be utterly suicidal. Then we win 3-2 and you all will give each other hand jobs.

You say it like it's a bad thing.
avatar
Trotters



Posts : 9557
Reputation : 5249
Join date : 2014-03-09
Age : 46
Location : Brisbane

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa v Derby ...... The Thin Red Line

Post by Joppe84 on Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:24 pm

@Trotters wrote:
@Joppe84 wrote:Think we'll go under 2-0 and people on here will be utterly suicidal. Then we win 3-2 and you all will give each other hand jobs.

You say it like it's a bad thing.

Dancing Banana Useless Without Pics
avatar
Joppe84



Posts : 3427
Reputation : 2932
Join date : 2015-06-17
Location : Oslo

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa v Derby ...... The Thin Red Line

Post by Joppe84 on Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:27 pm

Good job that Chester.
avatar
Joppe84



Posts : 3427
Reputation : 2932
Join date : 2015-06-17
Location : Oslo

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa v Derby ...... The Thin Red Line

Post by Joppe84 on Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:30 pm

Can someone explain to me why that right back we bought isn't playing? Is he injured? Quite amazing how we can't get rid of Hutton.
avatar
Joppe84



Posts : 3427
Reputation : 2932
Join date : 2015-06-17
Location : Oslo

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa v Derby ...... The Thin Red Line

Post by Joppe84 on Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:36 pm

Wow that's a stonewall pen. How the fuck did the lino not see that Laughing
avatar
Joppe84



Posts : 3427
Reputation : 2932
Join date : 2015-06-17
Location : Oslo

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa v Derby ...... The Thin Red Line

Post by Joppe84 on Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:49 pm

Hutton has to be the most frustrating player ever. Every single weekend he goes from being solid and good then within 5 minutes he switches off and becomes an utter baboon. Can't wait until he's gone.
avatar
Joppe84



Posts : 3427
Reputation : 2932
Join date : 2015-06-17
Location : Oslo

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum