The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Jack Grealish

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Jack Grealish

Post by Villa_Dan on Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:32 am

Oh and his agent/manager/dad is a gobshite who quite clearly is not the advisor Grealish needs. I've said it over and over, Jack will really progress when he gets a proper manager.
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Wriggle on Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:28 am

@deadbuzzardalive wrote:His cause probably isn't helped by the fact that he's meant to be a No.10, and the ball is often hoofed over his head, and we often only have about 30% of possession of the ball.

That and the fact that he's in and out of side and asked to play different positions, as are other players, so it's hard for them to develop understandings on the pitch between each other.

I think that's exactly the reason he's struggling on the field.

If you look at when he was being hailed as the next world beater he was playing with Benteke and Delph etc. and Sherwood had the team playing well, apart from that he's played with crap players under crap management and like you say in and out and in different positions. I think now Bruce is starting to get some decent players back in we'll see Jack improving over the next 12-18 months. Well, I hope any way...
Wriggle

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordonsleftboot on Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:29 pm

Great thread - very interesting read.

I agree with the general feeling that there is a talent there somewhere, but he needs to be played in the right way - who doesn't? But he also has an agent problem and needs a new one. RHM can maybe be an example to him. Change of agent, change of attitude - hopefully.
Gordonsleftboot

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles on Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:27 pm

Personally I feel this all started in September 2015 when he had the clamour for him to decide his international future between England and the Republic of Ireland, all of a sudden he got into his head (helped by his Dad) that he had 'made' it!

His attitude has to change for him to progress, it is up to him but the excuses have to stop some time!
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters on Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:06 am

My footballing career came to nothing after I took the decision to make myself available for England team selection, too. That can't be a coincidence. Laughing
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle on Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:46 am

@Trotters wrote:My footballing career came to nothing after I took the decision to make myself available for England team selection, too. That can't be a coincidence. Laughing

Ditto................
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Tue May 09, 2017 1:24 pm

Finished as our second highest scorer with five goals. That doesn't look all that impressive by itself, but when you consider that those goals came in twenty matches, meaning he averaged a goal every four games, and that was in a team that more often than not had very little possesion of the football with no attacking cohesion whatsoever, then he actually hasn't done so bad.

As with Lansbury and Hourihane, I think we'll see him improve, when we're set-up to take the game to opposition.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Joppe84 on Tue May 09, 2017 3:19 pm

Personally I think he has been a huge disappointment.
Joppe84

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles on Tue May 09, 2017 3:55 pm

I suppose on the face of it that is a good return but am I the only one who expects so much more from him. To me it is yet another season wasted for him especially when you consider it is a league lower and realistically who in the PL would want to buy him. Just can't ever seeing him starting games but might be okay as an impact sub but definitely not when defending a lead.
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum