The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Forest v Villa. Sat 4th Feb 17.30. Pre match build up, match thread and post-match hand wringing thread

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Forest v Villa. Sat 4th Feb 17.30. Pre match build up, match thread and post-match hand wringing thread

Post by 4BetLite on Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:53 pm

every player we've had in the last 3 years must have had a contract clause preventing them from crossing the ball correctly.

That said i've seen enough to think that the new players will improve us given time, enough rotation bollox, get them singing from the same hymn sheet, sort the GK out and we will go up no danger.......... season 2018/19
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Re: Forest v Villa. Sat 4th Feb 17.30. Pre match build up, match thread and post-match hand wringing thread

Post by De Kuip on Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:57 pm

@deadbuzzardalive wrote:The whole Johnstone thing smacks of Bruce doing his old club a favour to me. I thought he'd be at least be better or as good as Gollini though.
I could understand it if we'd have got him on some sort of development ticket (although he wouldn't have come as he wanted flrst team football) but to take a reserve reserve and possibly reserve again keeper and think that he would be everything we need seems very optimistic to me. I know it's easy for us to be wise after the event, but surely we should have minimised the risk and paid out some decent money for an established keeper. Just crazy.
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite on Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:58 pm

Bloody hell I've got it, players come and go that often, they haven't got enough time to get used to what colour shirt their team mates are wearing.............. GENIUS. Hogan's 1st instinct is to look for a red shirt.
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan on Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:08 pm

Fucks sake Grealish you stupid twat
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro on Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:09 pm

was that the moment bruce gives up on grealish ?
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite on Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:13 pm

have I bumped my head, did we just take both strikers off

Bruce happy with the point then, I guess its a wise move in all honesty.
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro on Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:15 pm

I know you always say it - but strange subs....wingers on CF'S off ?
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan on Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:16 pm

Green and Bertie. Assume Bruce is hoping to knick a counter attack or at least defend out wide
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 on Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:22 pm

How the bloody hell did Grealish not get taken off he was doing nothing so new blood and all that, but no leave him there and the dopey twat gets himself sent off which effectively killed us, and F**k me as I type they score the winner Jeeeeezzzzzz Villa
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan on Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:23 pm

Fucking shithouse wankers. All of them
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles on Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:25 pm

Exactly what I thought when I saw the team, so Bruce I don't need to eat my hat!

Just a relegation battle to fight now, absolutely fuming!
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro on Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:27 pm

Debatable decisions from Bruce there.

At 1-1 I would have said encouraging - given a load of new players and 2 games in. Bus has Bruce become over cautious ?
After the sending off, Hogan for Bacuna - Kjodia creates on hos own anyway. The other subs should have been spaced to run down the clock.
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 on Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:31 pm

IMO that was all down to Grealish, getting himself sent off broke any rhythm we had got going, killed us. He might be skillfull etc etc but he brings NOTHING to the table in the long term in any match, he does my head in
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman on Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:34 pm

had it with Grealish. Such a child.

Bruce - change it or go.
Thinman

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro on Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:37 pm

@Saunders82 wrote:IMO that was all down to Grealish, getting himself sent off broke any rhythm we had got going, killed us. He might be skillfull etc etc but he brings NOTHING to the table in the long term in any match, he does my head in  

Well early season I thought we had to much faith in Ayew and Grealish. Ayew is no more and Grealish must be on borrowed time.

Bruce - well surely we can't make another change ............can we ?
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming on Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:41 pm

Did we try to buy players to fit our system or are we trying to find a system to suit the players we bought? I only ask because I can't tell.
Anyway, who is starting the relegation thread?

big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV on Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:44 pm

I'm often the first to back Grealish but today he was a double twat - once for that stupid yellow and again for that other stupid yellow.

On the other hand we fucked up too many chances and the goalie messed up. It's not all Grealish's fault. He's still a twat though.

But didn't we look better with two up front, finally? When was the last time we did that? We have some excellent players, let's hope we give them enough time to gel.
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer on Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:52 pm

S**t team ,.. season over.
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman on Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:56 pm

Wish I could see the bright side. I just see a miserable future for our great club.

Wouldnt be surprised if we got sucked into a relegation battle. Our home record will be the next thing to fall.

Hopefully before the end of this hugely disappointing season we'll play one good game.
Thinman

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 on Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:58 pm

@FoxyAV wrote:I'm often the first to back Grealish but today he was a double twat - once for that stupid yellow and again for that other stupid yellow.

On the other hand we fucked up too many chances and the goalie messed up. It's not all Grealish's fault. He's still a twat though.

But didn't we look better with two up front, finally? When was the last time we did that? We have some excellent players, let's hope we give them enough time to gel.
We did do yes but kodjia pisses me off so much. Holds on to the ball soo much. Fear is he won't work with hogan because he's too selfish. We really need to start getting a grip of games and playing football for a change instead of hoofing ball all time!
danclare82

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 on Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:15 pm

@FoxyAV wrote:I'm often the first to back Grealish but today he was a double twat - once for that stupid yellow and again for that other stupid yellow.

He also got a touch with his forearm on the shot for their first goal, did it deflect it causing Johnstone a problem? He seems to have effect on any game he features in and mostly not for our good, whats the point of having talent if its not used properly, time to move him on in the summer IMO
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV on Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:21 pm

@danclare82 wrote:

We did do yes but kodjia pisses me off so much.  Holds on to the ball soo much. Fear is he won't work with hogan because he's too selfish. We really need to start getting a grip of games and playing football for a change instead of hoofing ball all time!

Sure, and Johnstone needs to do less kicking and more intelligent distribution. We have a midfield now, albeit one that hasn't found its feet. We should be able to bring the ball forward without giving away possession as soon as it leaves his foot. Talking of possession, that needs a lot of work. Kodjia needs to learn to work with a strike partner. He hasn't had one so far, so needs some time to get going. The work rate was better today but that's going to take time too. I'm sure there's more but at least the wingbacks looked ok and Elphick wasn't a complete disaster.

I've banged on before about hoofball (see Guzan) so don't get me started on it again!
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head on Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:37 pm

The first half I wondered if Kodja kept forgetting that he was playing alongside another striker; bit better in the second. Hogan looked like the sort of striker we haven't seen for a while. Bree was an improvement on Hutton. Thor looked a bit more on pace but quite a negative player. With Lansbury & Hoolourhan I'm worried we have an Gerrard-Lampard-England problem. The whole team & formation still looks unbalanced but if our confidence survives we could be a useful team in a couple of weeks or so!!

Don't know if it's the Sky Curse but we really aren't getting the rub of the green - a couple of ricochets could have given us a 'lucky' goal.
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:48 pm

I thought Hourihane looked a lot better than people are giving him credit for, looks a really good player. He Hogan and Bree were the only positives for me. Bjarnasson did okay as well, but for someone who scored twenty goals in his last 60 games for Basel, I can't help thinking he's being wasted in defensive positions.

Other than that it was abysmal yet again, and I think the excuse that Bruce has only had his own players for a couple of games is a poor one. Each new manager shouldn't have to buy their own team before we can expect anything decent from them. Before the window we had enough quality players that Bruce should have been doing a lot better.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip on Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:14 pm

Not sure why Taylor didn't feature - I assume to allow for the line up that Bruce wanted to put out.
Personally I'd like to see Jedi in behind Lans and Houri, put Bjanarsson in behind Hogan/ Kodjia and have Bree/Taylor at FB.
I don't know how Chester Baker Elphick played but one of then could go to revert to a flat back 4.
And then if that works can we please not - for the love of Christ - keep altering things about!!
Let's use the rest of this season to sort some balance and stability before pushing on next season.
Oh, and can we not get Chris Kirkland in for the rest of the season - he's a free agent - would he be worse than Johnstone.
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum