The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

January '17 Transfer Window

Page 15 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: January '17 Transfer Window

Post by Barabass on Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:46 pm

NARLA24 wrote:Cannot see anymore coming in now
No more after Hogan, Taylor and Bedeau I hope?
Barabass

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV on Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:46 pm

Is Rhodes definitely off? Or will we only know at 11 tonight?
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 on Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:47 pm

FoxyAV wrote:Is Rhodes definitely off? Or will we only know at 11 tonight?
Off from info mate
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:51 pm

Think we'll definitely get Bedeau, Hogan and Taylor, and wouldn't be surprised if there's at least one more going by avfctransfers1 tweets earlier today.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan on Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:52 pm

Collymore sticking his oar in on Twitter and having a moan. Is he ever positive?
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Barabass on Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:55 pm

I think someone who's on twitter needs to ask the Doc to update his equation as it's been a few hours since it last updated.
Barabass

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip on Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:56 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:Collymore sticking his oar in on Twitter and having a moan. Is he ever positive?

No he's a prize sugarbag.

I was standing a couple of seats away from him in the Holte a few games back and thought of calling him just that, but he's a big fucker when you get close up to him haha.
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Jae1411 on Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:02 pm

He's got a right dick up his arse today. Since he got involved in the forest thing he has taken on his self appointed mantle of saviour of football clubs. I used to respect his opinions but today he's just picking fights again. I think Dr t should have just ignored him though as now he's retaliated it gives collymore his story and platform to rant off.

Jae1411

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordonsleftboot on Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:02 pm

De Kuip wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:Collymore sticking his oar in on Twitter and having a moan. Is he ever positive?

No he's a prize sugarbag.

I was standing a couple of seats away from him in the Holte a few games back and thought of calling him just that, but he's a big fucker when you get close up to him haha.

Interesting when Collymore moans about RmC. Anyone remember how many games Stan missed when he joined us? Seemed like he was never playing and was only there for the money too. OK later stories told us why it had been as it was, but who is to say McCormack isn't suffering the same? People in glass houses anyone?
Gordonsleftboot

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:18 pm

Best to ignore Collymore, there's more interesting things going on with Villa today... Signings, sales, and a very important game tonight.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:25 pm

Anyway looks like we're about to announce a signing, as Rontian He as posted one of his 'Ready' tweets.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Jae1411 on Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:48 pm

Bedeau confirmed.

Jae1411

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters on Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:51 pm

So much for my early night.
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Barabass on Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:54 pm

As Bedeau has wished Bury good luck for the rest of the season I doubt he'll be going back there on loan. Great signing for the future. Welcome to the Club.
Barabass

Back to top Go down

Post by Jae1411 on Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:59 pm

Apparently we want to develop bedeau ourselves as we have high hopes for him going forward. He will be kept close by and under Bruce's watchful eye. If true id expect to see this kid make some matchday squads near to the end of the season

Jae1411

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro on Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:12 pm

Think collymore has put too much much angst into his rant about the Hogan signing. I do think there is some merit in what he says. We had a massive outlay in the summer - and are already giving up on some of those players and going for another crisis rebuild in thw winter window.

I think he is hiding a couple of considerations though:-

1.The prize of promotion would dwarf the outlay on hogan
2.This window has to an extent been funded by player sales
3.I think had we waited to the summer we wouldn't have got Hogan - other prem clubs were sniffing around - but then faltered and Bruce pounced - all good IMO.

Very happy with these signings - going forward I hope we can capture such player earlier, I believe Brentford didn't pay a lot for hogan, and the lad from Bury was on a free this summer.

UTV

smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordonsleftboot on Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:20 pm

We can all be experts from the sidelines. Just like Stan. Fact is some of the Summer signings were not to the standard required. That was obvious. Bruce has said several times that we have not recruited well over the past few years. He and the team have tried to start putting this right, in their opinion. At least Bruce cannot say now that these are not his players. It seems to me that he is aiming for promotion this year, if possible, but if not then he can enter the Summer and next year with the nucleus of squad that will be used to playing with each other. Then he should be ready to make a proper push.

Gordonsleftboot

Back to top Go down

Post by ember on Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:30 pm

I somehow doubt that whatever we have paid for Hogan will produce the kind of shit-awful return we got by overpaying for Collymore.
ember

Back to top Go down

Post by Jae1411 on Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:34 pm

The more I look at it the more I think footballs fine mad. 15m for hogannseems fair when scunthorpe are selling a player to China for £8m. Mousse dembele for 40m. I saw Dembele score a hat trick against us at u21 level 2 years ago an thought he was the third best player I'd seen against us at that level but never thought I'd be looking at a 40m player and beside he's been almost doubly outscored by the one and only Scott Sinclair this season. If anyone's interested the best players I saw at that level were 2 kids dor Liverpool called suso and Raheem sterling. Also looked world class and sterling played the opposite side looking top quality as well. I don't even know where Suso is now

Jae1411

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV on Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:42 pm

We haven't had a midfield all season. No one's fitted in on the left despite a few different people tried out there. Grealish and Westwood didn't fit in because they didn't have the players around them to allow them to do what they do best. Jedi took Westwood's position anyway, so every time we played we were a man down. Tish could have done well had he been given a chance, he really looked like he might turn into a good player for us. Gardner just hasn't don't anything to deserve a place on the pitch. Bacuna, meh. The only one to come out of it all well is Adomah. How Kodjia has scored 9 in 19 I don't know, he's still our most exciting player, imagine what he'll do with decent players around him.

We needed to spend the money this month to sort out the midfield. Even if we don't make the playoffs we'll have half a season of some of the players cementing their positions (and Chester and Baker will have had a whole season) and a bit more time for Bruce to work out how the jigsaw fits together.
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV on Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:45 pm

Jae1411 wrote:The more I look at it the more I think footballs fine mad. 15m for hogannseems fair when scunthorpe are selling a player to China for £8m. Mousse dembele for 40m. I saw Dembele score a hat trick against us at u21 level 2 years ago an thought he was the third best player I'd seen against us at that level but never thought I'd be looking at a 40m player and beside he's been almost doubly outscored by the one and only Scott Sinclair this season. If anyone's interested the best players I saw at that level were 2 kids dor Liverpool called suso and Raheem sterling. Also looked world class and sterling played the opposite side looking top quality as well. I don't even know where Suso is now

Sinclair's a good player, if we'd kept him we'd have him on the left and Adomah on the right and that might well have been just what Gestede needed. He'd have offered more cover for Amavi than Ayew/Grealish/Kodjia and would probably have scored a few himself.
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Jae1411 on Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:50 pm

Not disputing Sinclair's ability, more the fact that he is far outshining dembele yet isn't viewed anywhere near the value. Anyway AFW is officially gone. Absolutely outstanding piece of business for a player who doesn't fit. He won't get at Burnley either as Westwood is a "pivit" and pivots only work alongside world class box to box midfielders

Jae1411

Back to top Go down

Post by ember on Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:53 pm

Westwood confirmed gone to Burnley.

Aston Villa FC ‏@AVFCOfficial 7m7 minutes ago

Transfer news: Ashley Westwood has left us to join @BurnleyOfficial. Full story: bit.ly 2kM1CNr . Good luck for the future, Ashley.

EDIT: Aren't there times when it would be nice to "Like" one's own post? Dancing Banana
ember

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles on Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:05 pm

ember wrote:Westwood confirmed gone to Burnley.

Transfer news: Ashley Westwood has left us to join @BurnleyOfficial. Full story: bit.ly 2kM1CNr . Good luck for the future, Ashley.

EDIT: Aren't there times when it would be nice to "Like" one's own post? Dancing Banana

Done for you! lol!
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger on Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:09 pm

ember wrote:Westwood confirmed gone to Burnley.

Done.
Never mind like it I f'kin love it.
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum