The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

U23s/youth watch

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: U23s/youth watch

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:50 pm

He (Hepburn-Murphy) was injured over the weekend, no idea if he's back tomorrow. If he's out and Davis is being saved for Friday, then we might see Corey-Taylor get a chance.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip on Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:53 pm

Game details - hopefully from the right fecking year this time!

Aston Villa’s U23s slipped to defeat against ten-men Stoke City this afternoon.

Goals from Mark Waddington and Tyrese Campbell put the Potters ahead before Khalid Abdo pulled one back for Villa after the break.

Danny Jarvis’ dismissal on the stroke of half-time made life difficult for the visitors at Bodymoor Heath but despite a late onslaught, Villa couldn’t find an equaliser.

Jordan Lyden captained the side and got further minutes under his belt for the U23s.

View image on TwitterView image on TwitterView image on TwitterView image on Twitter
Follow
Aston Villa FC ✔ @AVFCOfficial
⌚️ FT: U23s #AVFC 1-2 #SCFC

⚽️ 19: Mark Waddington

Last edited by De Kuip on Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:00 pm

That's a report from last season, Leggett, Calder, Hale, Sellars and some of the others named in that line-up, left in the summer. We lost today 2-1.

Last edited by deadbuzzardalive on Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordonsleftboot on Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:06 pm

@deadbuzzardalive wrote:That's a report from last season, Leggett, Calder, Hale, Sellars and some of the others named in that line-up, left in the summer. We lost 2-1.

Welcome to the time machine... report
Gordonsleftboot

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip on Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:16 pm

@deadbuzzardalive wrote:That's a report from last season, Leggett, Calder, Hale, Sellars and some of the others named in that line-up, left in the summer. We lost today 2-1.

Fecking OS - I'm not doing a google search again haha. I've put the right report in now.

If I had a time machine I wouldn't be going back to last fecking year, believe me!!
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Joppe84 on Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:26 pm

Nice words from Bruce towards Kevin McDonald. Appropriate and a nice touch from Bruce I think.
Joppe84

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip on Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:13 pm

Agreed and also v encouraging as if SB trusts KMac implicitly then maybe we will see more youth representation. It also works the other way as when other U23s see their mates coming into the senior team, fitting in well and being warmly received by the fans, it will surely boost their confidence as well.
There's lots I'm not still convinced about regarding Bruce, but if this relationship with KMac continues to flourish it can only be beneficial.
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:54 pm

Beat Fulham 3-2, Suliman, Lyden and Harvey Knibbs, with the goals.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordonsleftboot on Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:18 pm

@deadbuzzardalive wrote:Beat Fulham 3-2, Suliman, Lyden and Harvey Knibbs, with the goals.

Thanks DBA
Gordonsleftboot

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip on Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:43 pm

De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:17 pm

Feel a bit sorry for Hepburn-Murphy with his injury problems, seems to be missing out a bit in terms of game time for the first team and now call ups for England duty, in terms of natural ability he could well be the best of the bunch.

Also saw an article the other day that Doyle-Hayes, Davis and O'Hare are all out of contract this summer, we really need to sort that out asap.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles on Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:51 am

@deadbuzzardalive wrote:Feel a bit sorry for Hepburn-Murphy with his injury problems, seems to be missing out a bit in terms of game time for the first team and now call ups for England duty, in terms of natural ability he could well be the best of the bunch.

Also saw an article the other day that Doyle-Hayes, Davis and O'Hare are all out of contract this summer, we really need to sort that out asap.

That is utterly critical to be sorted out pronto!!!!!
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:57 pm

Jake Doyle-Hayes, has signed a new contract, his previous one was due to expire this summer.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles on Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:34 pm

That is a good start!
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Joppe84 on Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:40 pm

Any academy midfielder that can replace Whelan?
Joppe84

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV on Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:55 pm

Dunno but I hope Blackett-Taylor gets some first team action before Elmo is sold off at the end of the season.
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles on Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:17 pm

U23 team this evening vs Southampton at the Banks'KO 7-00pm

Johanson
De Laet, Suliman, Mitch Clark, Borg
Cox, Jack Clarke, Doyle-Hayes, Blackett-Taylor
O'Hare, Kodjia

Subs
Idem (GK), Bedeau, Prosser, Knibbs, Mooney.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Finished 4 - 0 with Cox (2), Blackett-Taylor and O'Hare the scorers.

As expected Kodjia played the first 45 minutes and was substituted by Knibbs.

Jordan Lyden (normally the captain) not in the squad, could he be playing tomorrow?
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles on Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:37 pm

@deadbuzzardalive Cheers for the links.
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle on Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:46 pm

Lovely couple of goals from that lad Cox, good finish from O'Hare.............though the defending against O'Hare was awful!
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip on Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:26 am

So would that be 4-0 against the unrivalled academy set up of Southampton?
Oh yeah, so it is.
That'll explain why we might only have 1 under 25 year old in our first team tonight - a youngster on loan from Man Ure at that.
I'm starting to bore myself moaning lately but nothing this club does brings me any joy at present....
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Joppe84 on Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:25 am

@De Kuip wrote:So would that be 4-0 against the unrivalled academy set up of Southampton?
Oh yeah, so it is.
That'll explain why we might only have 1 under 25 year old in our first team tonight - a youngster on loan from Man Ure at that.
I'm starting to bore myself moaning lately but nothing this club does brings me any joy at present....

This is exactly what I've been saying for years. Not only is it absurd, it's such a waste of money having this academy if we don't use it when we are in the fucking championship.

I'd also argue that whenever I see these youngsters play, like Davis does a senior level now, they come across with far more energy and drive than any of our elder senior stars. I honestly wouldn't mind throwin 5-6 academy players in the first team and replace Terry, Jedi/Whelan, Gabby, Hutton etc. There's no way the football could get less interesting.
Joppe84

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV on Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:35 am

@Joppe84 wrote:
@De Kuip wrote:So would that be 4-0 against the unrivalled academy set up of Southampton?
Oh yeah, so it is.

This is exactly what I've been saying for years. Not only is it absurd, it's such a waste of money having this academy if we don't use it when we are in the fucking championship.

I'd also argue that whenever I see these youngsters play, like Davis does a senior level now, they come across with far more energy and drive than any of our elder senior stars. I honestly wouldn't mind throwin 5-6 academy players in the first team and replace Terry, Jedi/Whelan, Gabby, Hutton etc. There's no way the football could get less interesting.

I have to say I've not seen a manager in ages capable of playing our youth players in a positive way that's going to help them develop in or around the first team. Lambert? Negative tactics, unhappy fans/crowd. Sherwood seemed like he had the right approach but couldn't decide on a team and wasted his chance. Garde, RDM, whoever else I've forgotten, same thing. McLeish and Houllier maybe but we never found out. Unless every other option is exhausted you don't have a chance, see Hourihane and Davis, although now Bacuna is gone that's one utility player out the way. I just don't see any point with Bruce, but then I don't see the point of most of the players he's bought. Losing Baker still rankles. We'd have been fine with Samba and saved loads of money, plus at the end of this season Terry's off and we'll need to buy a replacement. Without actually playing them we're not going to know if it's any of our academy players. Experience always wins and we're not building a team with the correct motivation to win matches and propel us into the Premier League, we're just buying in pensioners and pissing off the good players.
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles on Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:19 am

Apparently O'Hare was again the MOM last night, started 2 games this season which we have won, Colchester and Wigan but still not involved enough in the first team for me.

Let us encourage the youth and let them see that they have a future at this club.
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordonsleftboot on Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:34 am

@achilles wrote:Apparently O'Hare was again the MOM last night, started 2 games this season which we have won, Colchester and Wigan but still not involved enough in the first team for me.

Let us encourage the youth and let them see that they have a future at this club.  

Amen, has to make sense. As De Leat played last night, I suppose we are back to Hutton tonight?
Gordonsleftboot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum