The Bells Are Ringing


WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!


THE EVIDENCE IS QUITE BREATHTAKING!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

THE EVIDENCE IS QUITE BREATHTAKING!!

Post by AstonThriller on Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:18 pm

I think this deserves it's own thread guys. These are our results away from home this season.

Results

Sheff wed= 1-0 loss
Derby= 0-0 draw
Bristol City= 3-1 loss
Ipswich= 0-0 draw
Barnsley= 1-1 draw
Preston= 2-0 loss
Reading= 2-1 win
Birmingham= 1-1 draw
Brighton= 1-1 draw
Leeds= 2-0 loss
Norwich= 1-0 loss
QPR= 1-0 win
Cardiff= 1-0 loss

Stats

Played= 13
Won= 2
Drawn= 5
Lost= 6
Scored= 7
Conceded= 14
Clean sheet= 3
Failed to score= 7

We're simply a shambles away from home. We've failed to score in more than half the games whilst letting in on average a goal a game. We've also only scored more than one goal on the road ONCE and that was due to a last minute penalty. Also when you look at the performances in isolation most of them have been shocking. We should have lost at Birmingham, we should have lost at Ipswich, Ince had a one on one for Derby to win it etc. And then when you look at the actual defeats we have not only been utterly shocking but when you look at it most of them have included goalkeeping errors. Gollini at Sheff Wed, Leeds and Bristol City. Whilst Bunn apparently made an error today aswell. So the keeping issue killing us this season when you add that to the mistakes against Barnsley, Huddersfield and Leeds at home. So that's SEVEN matches where a keeper as cost us points.

Also let me give you a few more stats that underline our massive problem.

This is what all the players who played today have contributed this season!!

Bunn= no goals, no assists
Hutton= no goals, 1 assist (1 assists away from home)
Amavi= no goals, 1 assist (0 assists away from home)
Chester= no goals, no assists
Baker= 1 goal, no assists (1 goal away from home)
Westwood= No goals, no assists
Gardner= 1 goal, no assists (1 goal away from home)
Bacuna= 1 goal, 1 assist (1 assist away from home)
Grealish= 3 goals, 1 assist (1 goal away from home)
Adomah= 1 goal, 5 assists (2 assists away from home)
MCcormack= 3 goals, 1 assist (0 assists or goals away from home)
Tshibola= 1 goal, no assists (0 goals away from home)
Agbonlahor= no goals, no assists
Murphy= no goals, no assists

Total between all fourteen players= 11 goals and 10 assists in 23 matches

Total between them away from home= 3 goals and 2 assists in 13 matches.

And even when you add in Jedinak (0 assists and goals away from home), Kodjia (2 goals and 0 assists away from home) and Ayew (1 goal and 1 assist away from home) it's still very poor indeed. SO IS IT ANY WONDER WHY WE'RE GARBAGE AWAY FROM VILLA PARK?

And another thing!!..what do these games have in common?

Sheff wed away
Bristol City away
Preston away
Leeds away
Norwich away
Cardiff away

We lost them all? Yep!!..but that's not the only thing!!..guess who started in every single one of those defeats? Guessed yet? No? Ok I'll tell you!!..ASHLEY F#CKING WESTWOOD that's who!!! Rolling Eyes . He's a complete and utter poison to this team and the sooner we get rid the better. Hell he even started the two 0-0 draws at Ipswich and Derby which further highlights our inability to score and create goals when he is on the pitch.

The fact is the rotten seeds of last seasons disgrace are still littered all over our first eleven and match day squads. Hutton, Cissokho and Bunn at the back, Westwood, Grealish and Bacuna in midfield and Ayew, Gestede and Gabby upfront!!.. So in all that's NINE players still in this squad that let us down so badly last season. I myself was guilty of believing that some of them were gonna be too good for this level...but the truth is staring us in the face isn't it?

We simply must get rid of the majority of these players as soon as possible!!...it cannot be a coincidence that the same bottle jobs away from home and inability to score goals have followed us from last season is it? When we go to Wolves in two weeks time I can only hope we don't see the same names I highlight above who are sucking the life out of any promotion hopes we have left...because if we do, then we can forget it, this mighty lion will remain in it's slumber for another year.
avatar
AstonThriller



Posts : 1946
Reputation : 1701
Join date : 2014-04-21

Back to top Go down

Re: THE EVIDENCE IS QUITE BREATHTAKING!!

Post by Saunders82 on Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:52 pm

Great post Thriller, when you see it in black & white it really brings it home, we're not going to be able to move that load of S**t any time soon we just need to do it as quick as we can, but we all know nobody will want em so we just have to let their contracts run down cos they know it too.
avatar
Saunders82



Posts : 785
Reputation : 625
Join date : 2014-04-17
Age : 68
Location : Birmingham UK

Back to top Go down

Re: THE EVIDENCE IS QUITE BREATHTAKING!!

Post by Wriggle on Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:56 pm

Anyone got the stats on Westwood starting and our win percentage? I can't remember a game we've won when he has started in the past few season! (I'm sure there's one or two, but it must be an awfully low percentage)
avatar
Wriggle



Posts : 401
Reputation : 361
Join date : 2014-08-17
Age : 46
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: THE EVIDENCE IS QUITE BREATHTAKING!!

Post by Trotters on Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:41 pm

Great post AT! Although I did laugh at the inclusion of Bunn in the goals/assists list Laughing

I've been debating the worthiness of Westwood on Facebook and the stats today showed Tish had almost FIVE TIMES as many touches of the ball in the time he was on than Westwood and Gardner combined.

And in 45 minutes, Westwood made 2 passes.

Read those two paragraphs again!! Stunning isn't it? How can your midfield engine make just 2 passes against a relegation-candidate championship side?

Now I've read that Cardiff kicked lumps out of us but if I was a manager facing a team with ultra-lightweights like Gardner, Wayward and Grealish that's exactly how I'd plan to win. And Bruce should have known this. The three of them are total pussy-holes.
avatar
Trotters



Posts : 9679
Reputation : 5306
Join date : 2014-03-09
Age : 46
Location : Brisbane

Back to top Go down

Re: THE EVIDENCE IS QUITE BREATHTAKING!!

Post by Olofsbeard on Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:56 am

AT first thing I agree with you! Everything you've said is true, Westwood just isn't good enough, as are others I'm sure Hutton wouldn't be in the squad had de laet not had the season ending injury.

But is it Westwood's fault? Is it his fault the managers keep picking him? The lad tries, but it isn't good enough, we can all see that. But he's not the only one like you've pointed out. What gets me is the boo boys down villa park who Boo the likes of Westwood when he comes on. But the real poison gets chance after chance... but it looks like Bruce has finally got that under control.

There's still a lot of changes to make, the first one is getting Tish back in the starting 11. Then buying a couple more CM if we can offload some players.

Olofsbeard



Posts : 56
Reputation : 40
Join date : 2014-05-04
Age : 27
Location : Lichfield

Back to top Go down

Re: THE EVIDENCE IS QUITE BREATHTAKING!!

Post by DelboyVilla on Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:48 am

Great post @AstonThriller! When you see it in writing it is horrifying?

It shows what a few people on here have been thinking for so long now and it is all down to the midfield as they create chances for the strikers, pop up with a few goals and protect the defence in a successful team! Our midfield seem to play hide and seek on the pitch and they are winning because they have avoided playing the ball for years now!

We need a player who wants the ball, will get his head up and be able to pick a pass in a forwards direction? If you were one of our current strikers and AFW had the ball would you even bother making a run? I wouldn't!!


DelboyVilla



Posts : 1143
Reputation : 1331
Join date : 2014-05-14
Age : 47

Back to top Go down

Re: THE EVIDENCE IS QUITE BREATHTAKING!!

Post by Dazzle on Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:54 am

@Olofsbeard wrote:AT first thing I agree with you! Everything you've said is true, Westwood just isn't good enough, as are others I'm sure Hutton wouldn't be in the squad had de laet not had the season ending injury.

But is it Westwood's fault? Is it his fault the managers keep picking him? The lad tries, but it isn't good enough, we can all see that. But he's not the only one like you've pointed out. What gets me is the boo boys down villa park who Boo the likes of Westwood when he comes on. But the real poison gets chance after chance... but it looks like Bruce has finally got that under control.

There's still a lot of changes to make, the first one is getting Tish back in the starting 11. Then buying a couple more CM if we can offload some players.

You're right, it's not Westwoods fault he gets selected. How long as fans have we seen that our CM simply isn't good enough, not even close? It has to be at least 3 years. I was astounded when it was announced that Gardner had signed a new deal, did he earn that with a consistent set of performances? I'd say no, so who was responsible for the new deal being put on the table? I am going to give Bruce the benefit of any doubt and say that he put that Midfield out against Cardiff to show Xia just how poor we are in that area, to use it as a bit of leverage in the transfer window. There's no other evidence based reason for selecting the same players. I thought the Cardiff game would be tough as it was, let alone with no Jedinak. We've been at the point where we may as well try ANYONE else for some time, I've been disappointed not to see more of Tshibola or Lyden, they can't be any worse than what we've had served up. Bruce has to start finding combinations in the squad, the only combination ive seen in the team that seems to be effective is Baker & Chester, and a CD partnership isn't going to get us promoted. Nobody else seems anywhere close to working in tandem, probably the next closest I've seen was Gestede and McCormack 2nd half against Leees and we've decided to sell Gestede! So I'm hoping that we have some players in the bag, not just hoping to put a bid in and see what happens come the end of January. It's not funny anymore.
avatar
Dazzle



Posts : 747
Reputation : 1102
Join date : 2014-08-10
Age : 44
Location : Oxford

Back to top Go down

Re: THE EVIDENCE IS QUITE BREATHTAKING!!

Post by Wriggle on Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:25 am

I must say, as much as I want Westwood away from the first team, I far from hate the guy and feel a little sorry for the fella. He does try his best and seems a decent person and a model professional, it's just he simply isn't good enough. I don't get the booing though as he certainly doesn't deserve that. If we could have taken his character and professionalness last season and transplanted it in most of the squad, we probably would have stayed up as we've had many more talented players than him that couldn't give a toss.
avatar
Wriggle



Posts : 401
Reputation : 361
Join date : 2014-08-17
Age : 46
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: THE EVIDENCE IS QUITE BREATHTAKING!!

Post by Trotters on Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:35 am

What's happening with Lyden? Does anyone know if he's out on loan, injured, playing in the reserves...
avatar
Trotters



Posts : 9679
Reputation : 5306
Join date : 2014-03-09
Age : 46
Location : Brisbane

Back to top Go down

Re: THE EVIDENCE IS QUITE BREATHTAKING!!

Post by DelboyVilla on Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:48 am

@Wriggle wrote:I must say, as much as I want Westwood away from the first team, I far from hate the guy and feel a little sorry for the fella. He does try his best and seems a decent person and a model professional, it's just he simply isn't good enough. I don't get the booing though as he certainly doesn't deserve that. If we could have taken his character and professionalness last season and transplanted it in most of the squad, we probably would have stayed up as we've had many more talented players than him that couldn't give a toss.

Sorry but what complete and utter tosh!

How is trying his best making 2 passes in the first half yesterday?

How is being a model professional hiding behind an opposition player (who is earning half your salary) so your team mates won't pass to you?

How would it have helped us last year if all the players had shirked their responsibilities like AFW? Oh shit they did do that and he is the number one culprit?

As for the booing, well you pay to watch that tripe then you have the right to do as you want? It is not something I do or have done personally but I would not criticize another fellow fan for wanting to do so! It is not unwarranted?

And yes it's not him that picks himself each week but I do expect him to try and influence the game when on the pitch and he clearly does not do that!

I hope Bruce is showing Tony just how poor these players are because if we come to the end of January and AFW and GG are still active members of our playing side then we can forget ever getting out of this league!

DelboyVilla



Posts : 1143
Reputation : 1331
Join date : 2014-05-14
Age : 47

Back to top Go down

Re: THE EVIDENCE IS QUITE BREATHTAKING!!

Post by FoxyAV on Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:00 pm

I also like Westwood but fail to see how he gets into our starting 11, especially when we have Jedi fit. Gestede would have been great had we played a 4-4-2 with decent wingers able to give him decent service, but we never did, so what really was the point of keeping him (although a Middlesborough friend says they don't play like that either...). That wasn't going to happen with Kodjia, Grealish or Ayew on the left, all of whom leave Amavi exposed and have a tendency to cut in rather than bang in crosses. At least Adomah tries to help out Hutton and is half decent at crossing the ball. It often seems like we have too many good players who the manager feels should be shoehorned into the team at the expense of players suited to the position(s). Jack and Ayew look to me like they should be the point of a diamond (or both playing behind Kodjia), not playing out wide. Kodjia is by far our best striker, not a winger. I have no idea what McCormack is best at but it's not being isolated on his own up front, or sitting deep to collect the ball and isolating whoever he's playing with up front. I wonder if we're going to see a couple of midfielders coming in to play around Jedi. I'd like to see us have the option of a midfield three with Grealish and Ayew in front of them and Kodjia as striker. Ironically I think Sanchez would work really well as competition for Jedi but I bet VP is the last place he wants to play. Sanchez, Gueye and Veretout would be a decent midfield for us, shame it didn't work out.

Was it against Bradford in the cup a few years ago when Lambert's substitutions left us with something like one midfielder and six attacking players? His tactic was always to hoof it over the midfield anyway, but what we've seen this season with a weak midfield is that however many excellent attacking players in your side, if there's no midfield to support them and they don't have the legs for counter-attack football, they're just not going to score goals.
avatar
FoxyAV



Posts : 1750
Reputation : 1979
Join date : 2014-04-21
Location : Winchester

Back to top Go down

Re: THE EVIDENCE IS QUITE BREATHTAKING!!

Post by NARLA24 on Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:15 pm

Great posts on this thread guts and girls. Stats speak for themselves and the sooner Bruce and Round get together and go through these to identify replacements for some of the shower we have on board the better.
Someone posted an interview with Round on here,very informative on the ability and sports psychology side of the game. Well, something seems to be wrong with our assesment of certain players on this side. Badly wrong in my view.
avatar
NARLA24



Posts : 2385
Reputation : 1786
Join date : 2014-09-26
Age : 47
Location : Lanzarote in the sun.

Back to top Go down

Re: THE EVIDENCE IS QUITE BREATHTAKING!!

Post by DelboyVilla on Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:19 pm

@FoxyAV wrote:I also like Westwood but fail to see how he gets into our starting 11, especially when we have Jedi fit. Gestede would have been great had we played a 4-4-2 with decent wingers able to give him decent service, but we never did, so what really was the point of keeping him (although a Middlesborough friend says they don't play like that either...). That wasn't going to happen with Kodjia, Grealish or Ayew on the left, all of whom leave Amavi exposed and have a tendency to cut in rather than bang in crosses. At least Adomah tries to help out Hutton and is half decent at crossing the ball. It often seems like we have too many good players who the manager feels should be shoehorned into the team at the expense of players suited to the position(s). Jack and Ayew look to me like they should be the point of a diamond (or both playing behind Kodjia), not playing out wide. Kodjia is by far our best striker, not a winger. I have no idea what McCormack is best at but it's not being isolated on his own up front, or sitting deep to collect the ball and isolating whoever he's playing with up front. I wonder if we're going to see a couple of midfielders coming in to play around Jedi. I'd like to see us have the option of a midfield three with Grealish and Ayew in front of them and Kodjia as striker. Ironically I think Sanchez would work really well as competition for Jedi but I bet VP is the last place he wants to play. Sanchez, Gueye and Veretout would be a decent midfield for us, shame it didn't work out.

Was it against Bradford in the cup a few years ago when Lambert's substitutions left us with something like one midfielder and six attacking players? His tactic was always to hoof it over the midfield anyway, but what we've seen this season with a weak midfield is that however many excellent attacking players in your side, if there's no midfield to support them and they don't have the legs for counter-attack football, they're just not going to score goals.

I think RDM tried the no midfield tactic at least once as well?

DelboyVilla



Posts : 1143
Reputation : 1331
Join date : 2014-05-14
Age : 47

Back to top Go down

Re: THE EVIDENCE IS QUITE BREATHTAKING!!

Post by FoxyAV on Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:50 pm

@DelboyVilla wrote:
@FoxyAV wrote:I also like Westwood but fail to see how he gets into our starting 11, especially when we have Jedi fit. Gestede would have been great had we played a 4-4-2 with decent wingers able to give him decent service, but we never did, so what really was the point of keeping him (although a Middlesborough friend says they don't play like that either...). That wasn't going to happen with Kodjia, Grealish or Ayew on the left, all of whom leave Amavi exposed and have a tendency to cut in rather than bang in crosses. At least Adomah tries to help out Hutton and is half decent at crossing the ball. It often seems like we have too many good players who the manager feels should be shoehorned into the team at the expense of players suited to the position(s). Jack and Ayew look to me like they should be the point of a diamond (or both playing behind Kodjia), not playing out wide. Kodjia is by far our best striker, not a winger. I have no idea what McCormack is best at but it's not being isolated on his own up front, or sitting deep to collect the ball and isolating whoever he's playing with up front. I wonder if we're going to see a couple of midfielders coming in to play around Jedi. I'd like to see us have the option of a midfield three with Grealish and Ayew in front of them and Kodjia as striker. Ironically I think Sanchez would work really well as competition for Jedi but I bet VP is the last place he wants to play. Sanchez, Gueye and Veretout would be a decent midfield for us, shame it didn't work out.

Was it against Bradford in the cup a few years ago when Lambert's substitutions left us with something like one midfielder and six attacking players? His tactic was always to hoof it over the midfield anyway, but what we've seen this season with a weak midfield is that however many excellent attacking players in your side, if there's no midfield to support them and they don't have the legs for counter-attack football, they're just not going to score goals.

I think RDM tried the no midfield tactic at least once as well?

My favourite was Garde, who came in wanting us to play a 4-1-4-1, which only worked for Sanchez.

We've had countless managers come in and play different formations and tactic(s) to each other. Of the players seeing game time this season I think McLeish brought in Hutton, Lambert brought in Westwood, Bacuna and Cissokho, Sherwood was responsible for Gestede, Bunn, Amavi and Ayew and RDM brought in Elphick, Gallini, Tish, McCormack, Jedi, Kodjia, Adomah and De Leat (remember him?). If we're going to stick with Bruce we may well need to put up with some bad games for at least a couple more transfer windows.

What I find worrying is the lack of players from the academy coming through and being sold without playing in the senior squad apart from in dire emergency. Clark and Baker were our last choice CBs but the former played well with Okore (before both were cast off in favour of the powerhouse that was Richards and Lescott) and the latter is currently doing a good job with Chester. Gardner could well play better with better players around him but there's no evidence he's any good in the Championship, let alone Premier League. Even Grealish was ignored by Lambert when it was clear he could play. Recently we let go of Albrighton (who at least featured occasionally in the first team) but how much are we now regretting giving away Daniel Johnson? 20 goals in 80 appearances for Preston? Wouldn't it be nice to think we could include buy-back conditions in contracts when we sell on (or in Johnson's case, give away) academy players?
avatar
FoxyAV



Posts : 1750
Reputation : 1979
Join date : 2014-04-21
Location : Winchester

Back to top Go down

Re: THE EVIDENCE IS QUITE BREATHTAKING!!

Post by The Utterer on Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:12 am

The mismanagement of this club over the Lerner era was astounding frankly. We sold or released loads of great prospects as FOXYAV outlines above. Lets not forget Cahill either under MON!!  Davies now at Southampton and loads of others. It's quite embarrassing actually.

As for the team i don't think it's fair to judge any player outside of the midfield positions until we have actually strengthened there with some quality as how are you supposed to know how good McCormack can be until he has a supply line? It;s the same with all the strikers and i include Gabby in that (Just about  Laughing ).

I have no doubt if we got in Houlihane AND Lansbury we would see a huge difference throughout the team and only then can we judge the rest.

ASTON VILLA TEAM
avatar
The Utterer



Posts : 1137
Reputation : 1143
Join date : 2014-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: THE EVIDENCE IS QUITE BREATHTAKING!!

Post by De Kuip on Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:25 pm

Loved the OP and again, thanks for all the info AT.

The first thing I thought of when I saw the title (in all it's Caps locked glory plus exclamation mark) was that you were trying to clickbait us haha. It has that ring about it.

I personally will be looking forward to your next posts:

"THREE MICAH RICHARDS' INJURIES THAT ARE LITERALLY DRIVING DOCTORS MAD!!!"

"YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT NIGEL SPINK LOOKS LIKE NOW!!!!!!!!!!"

"FIVE FOODS THAT GABBY AGBONLAHOR SIMPLY SHOULDN'T EAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
avatar
De Kuip



Posts : 2278
Reputation : 3516
Join date : 2014-05-20
Age : 101

Back to top Go down

Re: THE EVIDENCE IS QUITE BREATHTAKING!!

Post by Trotters on Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:21 pm

lol!
avatar
Trotters



Posts : 9679
Reputation : 5306
Join date : 2014-03-09
Age : 46
Location : Brisbane

Back to top Go down

Re: THE EVIDENCE IS QUITE BREATHTAKING!!

Post by AstonThriller on Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:48 pm

@De Kuip wrote:Loved the OP and again, thanks for all the info AT.

The first thing I thought of when I saw the title (in all it's Caps locked glory plus exclamation mark) was that you were trying to clickbait us haha. It has that ring about it.

I personally will be looking forward to your next posts:

"THREE MICAH RICHARDS' INJURIES THAT ARE LITERALLY DRIVING DOCTORS MAD!!!"

"YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT NIGEL SPINK LOOKS LIKE NOW!!!!!!!!!!"

"FIVE FOODS THAT GABBY AGBONLAHOR SIMPLY SHOULDN'T EAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

LOL I was p/ssed off pal!!..and when I get p/ssed off it's CAPLOCK time!! Very Happy
avatar
AstonThriller



Posts : 1946
Reputation : 1701
Join date : 2014-04-21

Back to top Go down

Re: THE EVIDENCE IS QUITE BREATHTAKING!!

Post by AstonThriller on Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:43 pm

More evidence folks...

1. FOUR DEFEATS in our last five away games and in those defeats we never scored a single goal.

2. Elphick has been in the team in SIX of the seven defeats we've had and we've won only TWO games when he's started. Which were both at home to Rotherham and Wigan..so we've yet to win away when he's started a game.

3. When Elphick has been in the team there has been several goalkeeping errors. One vs Sheff Wed, One vs Huddersfield, two vs Bristol City, One vs Barnsley, one vs Leeds away and now the one vs Wolves. This CANNOT be a coincidence.

4. We've not scored a goal from open play in the last FOUR matches

5. We are the fourth worst team in the league where scoring goals are concerned. Only Wigan, Derby and QPR have scored less.

All in all the bottom line is we need some damn attacking talent brought in in the very near future and Elphick, just like Westwood, is an absolute liability and appears to be unsettling the keeper behind him.


avatar
AstonThriller



Posts : 1946
Reputation : 1701
Join date : 2014-04-21

Back to top Go down

Re: THE EVIDENCE IS QUITE BREATHTAKING!!

Post by The Utterer on Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:12 pm

Again great points Aston Thriller,

It's so frustrating and bemusing this club at the mo. We bought McCormack. Kodija and had Ayew, Gabby and Gestede plus RHM coming through and Kenan Davies. At 1st glance how the heck that little lot can be turned into the 4th worse striker department in the division is astounding...But

Gabby = Busted flush
McCormack = Used incorrectly / out of form (Can't decide)
Gestede = No supply line when here & now left
Ayew = Very overrated & not a great scorer
RHM = Contract issues slowing his progress
Davies = Not enough chances in view of the above
Kodija = The main SUCCESS but now away at ACN

That's how it "appears" BUT!! With the shocking midfield we have none of them have had a proper service so i'm not sure whether it's actually fair to judge them.

You can guarantee if most of those players played at say Newcastle or wherever they would shine...and that's my concern.

avatar
The Utterer



Posts : 1137
Reputation : 1143
Join date : 2014-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: THE EVIDENCE IS QUITE BREATHTAKING!!

Post by DelboyVilla on Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:27 pm

Great post @AstonThriller & @The Utterer and I am at a loss with some of the performances we have put in considering all the 'stars' we have in the side compared to other teams in this league?

However it is obvious to most that when AFW and Elphick are in the side the performance level drops dramatically both statistically and physically on the pitch.

Sometimes it looks like the team play with the same malaise as last year which is worrying! And how Flabby get's in the side is a total mystery to us all?

DelboyVilla



Posts : 1143
Reputation : 1331
Join date : 2014-05-14
Age : 47

Back to top Go down

Re: THE EVIDENCE IS QUITE BREATHTAKING!!

Post by smetro on Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:42 pm

Not sure what the evidence is suggesting we are guilty of. We are not good enough - hence the fact we sit 10 points outside the play off places.
We don't score enough goals - Gary Gardner and Ashley Westwood have been held up as the culprits, which to an extent they are.
I think what alot of us were banking on this season was the supposed greatness of Ayew and Grealish at this level - players who had flickered in the prem would surley rip it up in the championship. Sadly both of them have fell flat on there faces - and delivered very little.
Id take what we can get for these pair - that might be a little hasty in the case of grealish - but its a gamble Id take if a reasonable offer came in.
avatar
smetro



Posts : 2543
Reputation : 1471
Join date : 2014-12-26
Age : 54

Back to top Go down

Re: THE EVIDENCE IS QUITE BREATHTAKING!!

Post by DelboyVilla on Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:47 pm

@smetro also McCormack was supposed to be the leagues top striker and Adomah the leagues top winger, Jedinak would dominate the opposition Elphick was captain fantastic?

Gestede would score bag fulls? Amavi's class would stand out?

Ayew and Grealish have been very disappointing but they are not the only ones?

DelboyVilla



Posts : 1143
Reputation : 1331
Join date : 2014-05-14
Age : 47

Back to top Go down

Re: THE EVIDENCE IS QUITE BREATHTAKING!!

Post by smetro on Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:00 pm

@DelboyVilla wrote:@smetro also McCormack was supposed to be the leagues top striker and Adomah the leagues top winger, Jedinak would dominate the opposition Elphick was captain fantastic?

Gestede would score bag fulls? Amavi's class would stand out?

Ayew and Grealish have been very disappointing but they are not the only ones?

I meant more the ones we have and keep looking to deliver. I was never totally sold on Amavi's defensive abilities - but he does get the odd cross in. Elphick is a reasonable fringe player at this level. Whats hurt us more than anything this season is a lack of cutting edge - grealish seems to want to twist and turn anyway but forward - and ayew is a complete non entity most of the time. 5 goals each from that pair and a few assists thrown and things would look a lot more rosy.

I m not excusing anybody - but Im through with grealish and ayew
avatar
smetro



Posts : 2543
Reputation : 1471
Join date : 2014-12-26
Age : 54

Back to top Go down

Re: THE EVIDENCE IS QUITE BREATHTAKING!!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum