The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The one thing that should give us hope going into the 2nd half of the season!!

3 posters

Go down

The one thing that should give us hope going into the 2nd half of the season!! Empty The one thing that should give us hope going into the 2nd half of the season!!

Post by AstonThriller Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:09 am

You look at that top four of Brighton, Newcastle, Reading and Huddersfield and not ONE of them have beaten us in all four of the matches we've played against them.

1. Brighton..  I thought we controlled much of the first half and of course they had one shot and managed to score. But in the second half they got absolutely battered and somehow managed to survive. It wasn't just a matter of the chances we had, it was a matter of us having them pinned in their own half for virtually the last half-an-hour and them desperately trying to kick the ball up the field just to get some breathing space.

2. Newcastle..  now granted they could have won the game in the first half but wasn't that more down to the tactics that RDM employed than anything else? Once we went to 433 the last half-an- hour was much like the Brighton game. It started with Jedi's goal being disallowed, then Ayew hit the post and it was just wave after wave of attacks that the Toon couldn't cope with and finally the goal came. After that they were clinging on for dear life again as Ayew put in a low cross that was nearly put in by Kodjia.

3. Reading.. we dominated the first half and went in ahead. Then we gave away a silly penalty and they got level. But we kept on pushing and pushing and they kept backing off. We eventually got our reward with the penalty and won the game.

4. Huddersfield..That game should have been done and dusted in the first half as we had them totally under the cosh and missed chance after chance. Yes they came back into the game in the second half but even so the luck they got for their goal was just cruel.

So we've done well against the so called "best" in the league. And the reality is apart from Newcastle none of them really have the financial means to strengthen significantly in the January window so if we've done well against them already, then what will happen once our squad has been improved? I see us turning those draws into wins tbh.

Last edited by AstonThriller on Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:25 am; edited 2 times in total
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

The one thing that should give us hope going into the 2nd half of the season!! 5_star11

Back to top Go down

The one thing that should give us hope going into the 2nd half of the season!! Empty Re: The one thing that should give us hope going into the 2nd half of the season!!

Post by De Kuip Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:35 pm

Good post.

Without wishing to sound like a stuck record for me it really is all about the window cos I actually don't think we're playing as well now as we did for large parts of the games you mention above.
When we've played as anyone even slightly above average lately I've not been impressed. I'd rather forget Norwich but also Leeds did us reasonably easily at their place.
De Kuip
De Kuip

The one thing that should give us hope going into the 2nd half of the season!! 5_star12

Back to top Go down

The one thing that should give us hope going into the 2nd half of the season!! Empty Re: The one thing that should give us hope going into the 2nd half of the season!!

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:35 pm

This is the quirk of the Championship - there isn't usually much between teams in the top half of the table in terms of performance. Instead we get the very definition of scrappy wins. My brother - a Brighton fan - has said that they've only played really well in a handful of games but they still keep managing to win.

But sometimes the most critical person of a team is the fan because we always care so much - so good post @AstonThriller to keep us focused on the positive.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

The one thing that should give us hope going into the 2nd half of the season!! 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down