The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Ross McCormack.

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Ross McCormack.

Post by De Kuip on Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:47 am

DelboyVilla wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:I didn't even know there was a Birmingham Post...

There used to be in the old days!

What a surprise? McCognac is still a fat lazy wanker after going out on loan!

It's still on line and still part of Trinity Mirror - used to be part of the Birmingham Post and Mail. Christ I used to deliver loads of them as a kid when I had a paper round - up and down the Chester Road at 7am with a newspaper bag slicing into my shoulder.

Anyway back to topic. McCormack is still a fat sugarbag.
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla on Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:52 am

According to the Telegraph Dross McCognac has not trained for 3 weeks due to personal reasons and is unlikely to play again this season?

That's one hell of a bender? Drink

How many millions did we pay for him???

DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:17 am

DelboyVilla wrote:According to the Telegraph Dross McCognac has not trained for 3 weeks due to personal reasons and is unlikely to play again this season?

That's one hell of a bender? Drink

How many millions did we pay for him???

Something legally has to change in football with regard to the contracts and fees that exist. If true it cannot be right that in 2017 a millionaire being contractually paid millions after being purchased for millions essentially goes awol while the employer/purchased stands to lose every penny of their outlay due to the "indifference" of their purchase. Surely there has to be a move towards the buying club pursuing said individual for damages/compensation, make a claim against the individual for the costs effect that their behaviour and conduct directly has on the purchase cost. Surely a football club owner has to try and take a legal stand against wankers such as McCognac sometime soon?
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer on Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:07 am

Maybe he has another genuine reason for not going to training??

Don't forget last time was perfectly understandable with him having sticky gates. I mean come on give the guy a break! How would you like going off to work thinking about nothing but your gates being stuck in one place!?

You never know maybe his pond was flooded this time or something equally as tragic.

The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip on Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:29 pm

Well unless a football contract is different in law to any other employment contract, I thought that the basic tenet of any contract of employment - I mean the two things that any contract of employment are based on, is the responsibilities placed on the employer and employee. Namely that the employee has to provide "labour" and that the employer has to pay for this labour at a rate agreed when the contract was signed.  Each party has the right to withhold their part if the other party breaks the contract without good reason. So, fatmac must basically be on sick leave, as otherwise he'd be breaking the terms of his contract. Shame as I bet he has a spectacular sick pay clause in his contract - I'd love to see the fucker go a few months on Statutory Sick Pay. Hope a team from the DWP turn up at his house (gates permitting) and put him through a Fitness for Work test. Mind you he'd probably end up on benefits as well, cos what I've seen of him he isn't fit for work and never will be....
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:13 pm

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Sat May 06, 2017 3:53 pm

He and Bruce have apparently made up and he's getting a second chance, but Bruce has told him that he's got to go on the same fitness regime that Agbonlahor went on.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip on Sat May 06, 2017 4:32 pm

This has to be good news if it works out cos the alternative is what we have now - a footballer who is not fit for purpose. No one has been more scathing than me about his attitude, partly because after 15 years of coaching youth football it kills me to see those with a shit attitude and a shit load of talent eclipse the kids who would give everything to make it but just don't have that something.
But I also recognise that everyone needs a second third fourth chance so c'mon Ross, sort it out and become a Villa legend, it could happen.
Oh, and as an aside and in reference to a couple of posts on other threads, one of the kids I managed who had a great attitude and great ability was Ollie Watkins. I really think that lad could do a job at Villa. I think he just got young footballer if the year for all EFL divisions as well.
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Joppe84 on Sat May 06, 2017 4:49 pm

I'd offer him to anyone for £ 5 million. Just take the loss and move on.
Joppe84

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Sat May 06, 2017 5:59 pm

We're not going to get £5M for him. If he can get back to his old self he'll be worth more to us than that anyway, before this season the guy was one of the leading goal scorers and chance creators in the league going back a few seasons. If he's willing to put the effort in, then I feel we might as well get some reward for the £12M we paid for him, rather than just giving him away.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Joppe84 on Sun May 07, 2017 2:38 pm

I think we would get £ 5 million quite easily. Teams relegated into this division will be desperate to land proven championship players. Just like we were. And at that price even teams that's been in the championship for years will be interested. £ 5 million is absolute peanuts these days.
Joppe84

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 on Tue May 09, 2017 10:12 am

Lets see what happens with this.
If he can get back on form fitness and mentally then he will be an asset without doubt. The word is IF.
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles on Tue May 09, 2017 4:29 pm

A fit Ross McCormack with the right attitude has got to be an asset in this division as @NARLA24 points out the big word is IF!
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster on Tue May 09, 2017 8:03 pm

achilles wrote:A fit Ross McCormack with the right attitude has got to be an asset in this division as @NARLA24 points out the big word is IF!

We need all our strikers fit but more importantly we have to find a way that they can work with Kodjia, no one as yet has looked like forming a partnership with him
Wookster

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles on Tue May 09, 2017 8:09 pm

Wookster wrote:
achilles wrote:A fit Ross McCormack with the right attitude has got to be an asset in this division as @NARLA24 points out the big word is IF!

We need all our strikers fit but more importantly we have to find a way that they can work with Kodjia, no one as yet has looked like forming a partnership with him

It must be exceedingly frustrating playing up front with Kodjia as you know he won't pass the ball to you!
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer on Wed May 10, 2017 12:40 am

That is a problem isn't it? If he won't pass the ball it is basically impossible to play with him. The only way you can have an impact is by creating space for him by making runs and pulling opposition defenders out of position (although surely it wouldn't take long for them to rumble that he never passes and that they can ignore the runs) or when you get the ball also being selfish and never passing it to him! I can't see how it can work very well at all actually. He scores goals of course but if it comes at the expense of his partner only scoring 6 a season as opposed to 20 is it really worth it?
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster on Wed May 10, 2017 10:42 am

It looks like both McCormack and Hogan are players looking for runs, so will allways be starved of service
Wookster

Back to top Go down

Post by Joppe84 on Wed May 10, 2017 11:08 am

It's slightly amusing that people who are so negative to Bruce and repeatedly want him sacked, think McCormack should be kept on in case he gets it right.
Joppe84

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Wed May 10, 2017 6:21 pm

We've got nothing to lose by giving McCormack a second chance, if he isn't up to scratch we just don't play him. With Bruce it's a different matter entirely, if he gets it wrong it will cost us promotion.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Joppe84 on Wed May 10, 2017 6:57 pm

Sure we do. We could lose out on a striker that could be the difference between promotion or not, if McCormack is kept on.
Joppe84

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Wed May 10, 2017 7:49 pm

He is being kept on Bruce has said they've made up, and he's being given a second chance. If McCormack can get over his personal issues, then good luck to him.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles on Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:55 pm

Ross McCormack won't be playing for Aston Villa again while Bruce is in charge, he has burnt all his bridges, that is why he has disappeared off the radar. This is because of what didn't happen in the transfer window!
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip on Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:09 pm

achilles wrote:Ross McCormack won't be playing for Aston Villa again while Bruce is in charge, he has burnt all his bridges, that is why he has disappeared off the radar. This is because of what didn't happen in the transfer window!
Sauces?
In a drunken fit of optimism I genuinely think he could still play a part.
Then again I'd have probably been queuing for tulip bulbs in 1637......
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller on Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:19 pm

Mccormack played against Wigan didn't he? And with Bruce changing to 442 now, I would be disappointed if Ross didn't get another chance. Most of his goals have come when he played in partnerships and let's be honest, he hasn't had much of that since he came to the club, has he? He's usually been forced to play up top on his own. Hopefully he'll get some minutes on the pitch tomorrow and can nick a goal and gain some confidence.
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla on Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:55 am

achilles wrote:Ross McCormack won't be playing for Aston Villa again while Bruce is in charge, he has burnt all his bridges, that is why he has disappeared off the radar. This is because of what didn't happen in the transfer window!

Not playing again whilst Bruce is in charge? Well that's him back in the team in a couple of weeks then after Potato Head's next inevitable poor run of results (And NO I do not want us to loose, just think Bruce is rubbish)!

DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum