The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Ross McCormack.

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ross McCormack.

Post by smetro on Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:47 pm

A bit of 2nd hand ITK.

apparently he has a major booze problem. Just can't stop. Be warned by Bruce to get it sorted quickly or else he is out.

smetro

Back to top Go down

Re: Ross McCormack.

Post by Boldfinger on Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:01 pm

That explains why his shots hit the corner flag.

Seriously though we have all suspected that there is some kind of issue. Thanks for the info.
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:27 pm

Best not to entertain such rumours, without much in the way of evidence. It's most likely bull, and probably wouldn't have started the other day if it were true.

He has been incredibly disappointing though. Hopefully will come good, I think signing some decent midfielders and a striker partner who plays through the middle will be a big help to him.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by ember on Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:45 am

Well that would explain a lot. Are Elphick and Agbonlahor his drinking partners?
ember

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters on Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:00 am

@deadbuzzardalive...spot on! Thank you.

If he does have a problem - IF - then I hope it's a case that the club will help him through it rather than just offload the issue on someone else.

The Birmingham Mail is a shit-rag that'll write just about anything so I wouldn't put it past them to cotton onto this story and add cocaine addiction and child-abuse into it just for shits and giggles.

Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle on Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:38 am

That would go some way to explaining his physical looking condition, which clearly isn't what it should be for a professional athlete. Thus far I've been underwhelmed by McCormack, looking like £12m down the drain. With Agbonlahor, Grealish, and now McCormack being at Villa, could it be that there has been a party/drinking culture at the club? I seem to remember that one of the first things Ferguson did at Utd was to get rid of the drinkers and the drink culture.
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill on Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:40 am

McCormack has been a huge disappointment, he seems a nothing type of player.
I couldn't give a flyin fcuk if he likes a drink as long as he performs on match day, we only have to remember McGrath.
Cash in on him if we can along with Ayew, bring someone in to help Kodj
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster on Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:04 pm

If he had a drink problem wouldnt they have picked up on it on his medical?
Wookster

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip on Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:30 pm

TBH looking at the shape of him I suspect he has no problem drinking at all....
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger on Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:13 am

I hope he plays today and scores a couple. Having him in form playing as he should would be like having a new player. He should be the one stepping up when we lose kodja.
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro on Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:09 pm

Seems my 2nd hand ITK was correct.

Bruce confirmed he isn't , has been missing training and has a poor attitude. Hes been fined by the club.

he didn't say anything about his boozing - but it would seem thats what behind it all
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster on Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:34 pm

From tomorrows Mirror

Steve Bruce involved in furious bust-up with Ross McCormack outside Aston Villa star's house
The Villa manager was upset with the Scottish forward's lack of commitment to train and turned up to vent his frustration

ByNeil Moxley

Steve Bruce was involved in a furious stand-off with Ross McCormack on the striker’s own doorstep as the anger of Aston Villa ’s manager spilled over this week.

The club’s boss was involved in an incredible face-to-face confrontation with the Scot after he rang into the club saying he wasn’t available to train earlier this week.

Bruce has stood by McCormack, despite being upset with his fitness levels this season. He has already phoned in sick twice this season – and the Geordie was spitting mad at the level of his commitment.

So when the forward contacted Bodymoor Heath this week, Bruce was in no mood to compromise.

McCormack’s latest excuse was that he was unable to make training as the electric gates on his property would not open.

Bruce challenged his player, asking him to jump over the fence and to book a taxi in order to make training.

But McCormack responded by saying that they were going to be fixed and he would try to get to the club’s Bodymoor Heath training base.

Unfortunately for Villa’s £12m summer signing from Fulham, Bruce was not about to take ‘No’ for an answer.

He discovered where McCormack lived and drove around to his house. He then jumped over the fence and rang on the doorbell whereupon he let rip at the startled player.

McCormack was left out of Villa’s squad for the game against Preston North End yesterday.

And Bruce was in no mood for reconcilliation at the final whistle.
Wookster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle on Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:47 pm

Take the hit and get McCormack out of this club. Send the useless fat jock back to London, Villa and Scots just don't work.
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 on Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:39 pm

I don't think he ever really wanted to join us. Think he was happy at Fulham but our bid was too much to turn down so he was shipped out.
danclare82

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite on Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:41 am

Rmac must be mental to be sabotaging the best job he's ever had. Since no one can afford him, we had better fix the problem because he's going nowhere fast.

Nothing else should be said in the media by Bruce as it will affect the players value if a club is interested (doubt it).

FFS this club is unreal, I will be glad when this is all over and we get back to being a proper football club. Fuck u Lerner............... PRICK!
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters on Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:57 am

Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters on Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:01 am

@4BetLite wrote:Rmac must be mental to be sabotaging the best job he's ever had. Since no one can afford him, we had better fix the problem because he's going nowhere fast.

Nothing else should be said in the media by Bruce as it will affect the players value if a club is interested (doubt it).

FFS this club is unreal, I will be glad when this is all over and we get back to being a proper football club. Fuck u Lerner............... PRICK!

Not sure this can be pinned on Lerner. The hiring process and whatever attitude tests are in place should be blamed here. It's Stephen Ireland all over again.
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite on Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:54 am

Everything in the world is Lerner's fault
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger on Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:14 am

I am glad it is in the open perhaps mcCormac might pull his finger out now he knows all the fans will be on his back.
Fair play Brucie- well done. Handled like a proper manager.
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla on Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:39 am

Hate to be a nerd but I know for a fact that all electric gates have a manual override to prevent you being locked in???

When it comes to giving out player bollockings Bruce learn from the best!

DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger on Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:01 am

@DelboyVilla wrote:Hate to be a nerd but I know for a fact that all electric gates have a manual override to prevent you being locked in???

When it comes to giving out player bollockings Bruce learn from the best!
Lol. True.
The hair dryer is on overtime
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 on Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:31 am

@4BetLite wrote:Rmac must be mental to be sabotaging the best job he's ever had. Since no one can afford him, we had better fix the problem because he's going nowhere fast.

Too true, I can't believe these modern day footballers, they get a wage the common man can only dream about, plus all the extras like signing on fees etc, and can't be asked to turn up for training, which it seems is only a few hours a day. The fans who pay their wages are working 8-12 a day all they ask is that their team/players give their best if picked and what do they get? we all knew Mcgrath had knee problems and liked a drink but every game he played he gave it all, the fans appreciated it. One question I ask myself is has he seen how gabby et al have got away with things and thought he could do the same?
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters on Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:17 am

It's hard to believe given the peformances of so many players that the attitude shown here is isolated. This, I believe, is an open-to-the-public display of the cancerous problems that have affected our once-mighty club since Lerner walked in the door. So maybe he still IS to blame to a degree. 

I'd have not thought it too hard to get rid of but it seems - maybe - to be a deeper issue than we realised.
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite on Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:26 am

Letting gabby get away with murder with virtually no consequences is a huge mistake, the club are setting the wrong example. I believe that core of bad eggs still exists and from what we've heard in the past, flabby could be the ring leader and maybe a bully and is slyly causing problems left right and centre.

Apart from the above, there is also a core of proven losers, fuck the lot off asap Brucie or you will be out before them!
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters on Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:19 pm

I was telling my eldest lad who dreams of playing for the villa (but will more likely follow in the steps of Ian Bell) that to get the chance to walk out on that pitch - and to keep walking out onto that pitch - you need to be the absolute best; from the youngest age you need to be better than everyone else; train more; run more; have a better attitude. 

His response: "Explain Gary Gardner. Explain Westwood. Gabby. Why can't Jedinak pass a ball? Why can't Hutton get the ball into the box? Why can't they take a throw in? Why do they pass it backwards when they have a freekick in the opposition half - my coach would go mental at that!"

And he's right. You really don't have to haven't much going for you at all to play for villa these days. And that issue is compounded by little oiks like Heburn-Murphy who have done fuck all yet think they can hold the club to ransom. 

Arseholes. Arseholes everywhere. 

And apprently proctology is a very slow process down the Villa.
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum