The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Norwich v Aston Villa, Carrow Road, Tuesday 13th Dec. 17.45. Build up and matchday thread.

+22
De Kuip
Dions_Bald_Head
smetro
Army villain
DelboyVilla
Cha Ching
The Utterer
achilles
mefromhere
danclare82
Thinman
Dazzle
Villa_Dan
VTID85
andrew24561
Andyh
avfc forever
NARLA24
deadbuzzardalive
Saunders82
VillaBill
AstonThriller
26 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Norwich v Aston Villa, Carrow Road, Tuesday 13th Dec. 17.45. Build up and matchday thread. - Page 3 Empty Re: Norwich v Aston Villa, Carrow Road, Tuesday 13th Dec. 17.45. Build up and matchday thread.

Post by DelboyVilla Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:44 am

Why was our most creative midfielder (Adomah) on the bench so our only goalscoring striker could be moved to the wing to fit in a player would hasn't scored in 12 months?

I feel for Jedinak having to play with Ashley Fucking Westwood who is possibly the most pointless footballer in the whole of league football? Westwood makes Stephen Ireland and Sasha Cucic look like Maradonna and Zico. I would rather play one of the U14's than Westwood!

Bruce needs to pull his finger out sharpish after the last 3 performances!
DelboyVilla

Norwich v Aston Villa, Carrow Road, Tuesday 13th Dec. 17.45. Build up and matchday thread. - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Norwich v Aston Villa, Carrow Road, Tuesday 13th Dec. 17.45. Build up and matchday thread. - Page 3 Empty Re: Norwich v Aston Villa, Carrow Road, Tuesday 13th Dec. 17.45. Build up and matchday thread.

Post by De Kuip Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:47 am

What a waste of time.

Got in at 04.20 this morning after the A14, the M42 AND the M5 were all closed. Just got to work now.

Seriously if they can't be bothered nor can I - fucking inept from Bruce, inept from the players and the Villa fans were shit as well - a few songs but I think shellshocked by the abject shit that we were all witnessing.
The irony was one of the M42 detours took me past Bodymoor - I nearly stopped and did a shit up against the gates...
De Kuip
De Kuip

Norwich v Aston Villa, Carrow Road, Tuesday 13th Dec. 17.45. Build up and matchday thread. - Page 3 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:05 am

Poor, poor performance last night.
That is all.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Norwich v Aston Villa, Carrow Road, Tuesday 13th Dec. 17.45. Build up and matchday thread. - Page 3 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:06 am

Watched Barca play some Saudi team in a friendly game here in Doha last night. A completely pointless game but I still think Messi and co put in more effort than the Villa players at Norwich?

What is wrong with these players? Are we seeing the Gabby effect again?
DelboyVilla

Norwich v Aston Villa, Carrow Road, Tuesday 13th Dec. 17.45. Build up and matchday thread. - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:08 am

how the hell can an over the hill Dorrans run the show - when we have Westwood in his prime? just shows that he is nowhere near the quality we need.

poor poor performance.
Boldfinger

Norwich v Aston Villa, Carrow Road, Tuesday 13th Dec. 17.45. Build up and matchday thread. - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:13 am

Enough is enough the excuses have to stop for these players.
The QPR game is massive in my eyes to see whether Bruce is the man to actually take us forward!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:18 am

i believe Bruce is the man and he is not even in question, but some of these players are piss poor, its like playing with only 7/8 players each match. The quicker Brucie can fuck them off and bring in his own players the better.
Boldfinger

Norwich v Aston Villa, Carrow Road, Tuesday 13th Dec. 17.45. Build up and matchday thread. - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:23 am

I just don't know where to begin.
The whole lot were a shower of s**t last night, it appeared that they did not appeared bothered. Bring back Baker FFS Elphick was complicit for the goal, however he had a lot of help from the inept midfield. I really hopes that Bruce shakes the crap out of them, because QPR will run all over us. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Fecking frustrated. Norwich v Aston Villa, Carrow Road, Tuesday 13th Dec. 17.45. Build up and matchday thread. - Page 3 1401410211  affraid
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:28 am

Boldfinger wrote:i believe Bruce is the man and he is not even in question, but some of these players are piss poor, its like playing with only 7/8 players each match. The quicker Brucie can fuck them off and bring in his own players the better.

I still have faith in Bruce but he cannot do what he did last night again with that lineup.
We all know some of the players are crap but Bacuna doesn't get a look in... why?
I am not his greatest fan after last season but fair play he was our best player this season before he got injured since then he hasn't had a look in.
I could mention other players as well, this is down to Bruce!
I will be glad when he actually gets his own players in and then the excuses will really have to stop!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:29 am

I said in the opener that if we tactically and selection-wise do what we did against Leeds we'd lose 2-0 and if it werent for some poor shooting from Norwich it would have been at least that.
If you start a team with Westwood you are starting with 10 men. If you add starting with Gabby you have 9. Add to that a lazy Ayew and at best you have 8.5. All game it looked like we had 9 against their 11, and nowhere was this more cruelly exposed than in midfield. Anyone reading the local Norwich paper after Saturday would be in no doubt that Neil intended to start with a strong midfield including Mulumbu and Ollson who galvanised the Canaries on Saturday and almost got them a draw. Why then did we put out a team that power wise - if you drew a diagram, was hourglass shaped, when a diagram of Norwich''s set up would be barrel shaped. Overlapping those diagrams alone would be enough to indicate that the villa team would be overrun in midfield.
I seriously wonder what the feck goes through SBs mind sometimes when he is prepping for games.
Can someone else start the next match thread as my win rate has plummeted of late - I think my run has ended lol.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Army villain Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:30 am

Bruce needs to get his head out of his a-- very poor performance,. I am sure we could put a better team out then that load of crap that was on the pitch last night, why are we playing players that have shown that they are past their prime.
I understand that Bruce did not buy this lot of players, but we do have some under 21 players that could slot into some of the positions,
He has made his on bed in trying to get gabby back into the team, it's not working, a few players will have to be moved on, if we can sell them.
Gabby runs the dressing room, that is the main reason Bruce has attempted and failed to get him playing again, to keep the moral going. But he will lose the supporters in playing and picking the same old pile of no good players. We had four players on that team last night who should not be wearing a villa shirt again. Rant over
Army villain
Army villain

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:34 am

Much as I like Bruce - I don't feel as a club we can constantly run to the transfer market to cure our ills. Sure the midfield is weak - but we have Tishbola, Bacuna, lyden - who aren't getting any game time.
Lets remember what division we are in - there are clubs getting by with zero transfer budget - so I m not comfortable with a £20m influx of players to 'fix us' - Theres more than enough there to perform better than we did last night.
smetro
smetro

Norwich v Aston Villa, Carrow Road, Tuesday 13th Dec. 17.45. Build up and matchday thread. - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:38 am

smetro wrote:Much as I like Bruce - I don't feel as a club we can constantly run to the transfer market to cure our ills. Sure the midfield is weak - but we have Tishbola, Bacuna, lyden - who aren't getting any game time.
Lets remember what division we are in - there are  clubs getting by with zero transfer budget - so I m not comfortable with a £20m influx of players to 'fix us' - Theres more than enough there to perform better than we did last night.

Totally agree mate, totally agree.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:04 am

Xia reacting on twitter, not sure if he's referring to the whole team or an individual with the first tweet. Some people are moaning about them, but I think it's good that he's showing he cares.

Dr. Tony Xia Verified account
‏@Dr_TonyXia

Dr. Tony Xia Retweeted Ian Taylor

Ian, not just disappointed. Really mad with someone not showing up and fighting after I watched video again. Far from being professionals!

Dr. Tony Xia Verified account
‏@Dr_TonyXia

I don't think to accept the problems is laughable. Accept and make the change, it's my principle to succeed something. So will
deadbuzzardalive

Norwich v Aston Villa, Carrow Road, Tuesday 13th Dec. 17.45. Build up and matchday thread. - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:07 am

smetro wrote:Much as I like Bruce - I don't feel as a club we can constantly run to the transfer market to cure our ills. Sure the midfield is weak - but we have Tishbola, Bacuna, lyden - who aren't getting any game time.
Lets remember what division we are in - there are  clubs getting by with zero transfer budget - so I m not comfortable with a £20m influx of players to 'fix us' - Theres more than enough there to perform better than we did last night.

I agree as well but I had that argument last season and it didn't work out then and it doesn't seem to be working out now either.
Sometimes you just have to accept the facts that some of these players are just lazy bastards, that think they are better than they really are, think they have made it playing for AVFC, or just plain lazy!
The bottom line is that SERIOUS action has to be taken to stop it and Bruce has to do it!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:24 am

Well at least Bruce has laid into the players in his post-match comments. For me, the interesting quote was this:

"Having seen that I can see why the club decided to make a change and bring me in."

It's only taken 9 games but I guess that means he's now fully aware of the work he's got to do!
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:33 am

We've been getting results until recently and so haven't had much call to change things, and even now we're still unbeaten at home. Now we've hit a slight rocky patch Bruce has said that he's gong to change things, and I think that's how he should be judged, by how he reacts.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:42 pm

Have to say DBA that I was very disappointed with the Leeds game, and very disappointed with the Wigan game - the Grealish goal saved the day but didn't mask my disappointment and concern with what looked like a slide back to RDM days. Last night was just another disappointment on top of those others. The lethargy and lack of tempo/pressing has been noticeable for some time now - possibly if not the lethargy when SB first came in, which did improve, then certainly we've not addressed the slow play issue that has been apparent for ages. It's been "in the post" for some time now, that if any team plays quick football and presses us, we'll fold - Leeds did it, Wigan weren't capable, Norwich did it, I don't think QPR are capable, but Leeds will, I don't think Burton are capable. I bet you right now if things don't change we'll have a WLWLWL type of record over Xmas and the New Year.
And I know I'm a stuck record so I really won't labour the point any further than this one last time, but you simply cannot - can-fecking-not, ever have Westwood/Gardner/Gabby on the starting line up. I simply do not care how shit Green or Bacuna or McCormack look in training, until I see those guys start, and then we fail dismally (in which case I'll say "fair enough, I was way wrong"), I will refuse to believe we will give anyone any serious  problems - at least, anyone we need to defeat in order to progress up the table. If that happens (picking Green/Bac/Mac and still losing or performing poorly), then I'll concede that however Bruce rolls the dice, it's true the players just aren't good enough. For me, currently, I can't shake the feeling that he's rolling dice with some spots missing off them.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:43 pm

De Kuip wrote: For me, currently, I can't shake the feeling that he's rolling dice with some spots missing off them.

No idea what that means but I like it. I need to take some time to think about that one Confucius... Beardy
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:25 pm

Ha, yeah sorry - tiredness taking over!

I mean if the spots on the dice represent players, he seems incapable of including all players that should potentially be available - constantly rotating any squad that includes Gabby/AFW or Gardner, whilst never considering Green Bacuna Mac as starters means we're never gonna see what might be possible.

Fuck it, I said I wasn't going to comment any more on this topic lol.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:27 pm

De Kuip wrote:What a waste of time.

Got in at 04.20 this morning after the  A14, the M42 AND the M5 were all closed. Just got to work now.

Seriously if they can't be bothered nor can I - fucking inept from Bruce,  inept from the players and the Villa fans were shit as well - a few songs but I think shellshocked by the abject shit that we were all witnessing.
The irony was one of the M42 detours took me past Bodymoor - I nearly stopped and did a shit up against the gates...

Fair play to you DK that was a massive effort from you last night, when the final whistle went my second thought was bloody hell &@De Kuip went all over there to watch that crap, my first thought was useless turds by the way. I did think we had a good shout for a pen at the death but the Ref was looking the wrong way and missed it, typical of the championship refs, but getting a draw would have papered over the cracks. We MUST have somewhere in our club, players who will give more effort & fight than Westwood, Agbonlahor, Ayew etc, just give em a go Brucie, hoping you can sort this lot out in January.......PLEASE. Norwich v Aston Villa, Carrow Road, Tuesday 13th Dec. 17.45. Build up and matchday thread. - Page 3 1327487109
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:26 pm

I tell you what mate I was right down the front and that pen appeal was right in line with me clear as day and I don't care how it looked or didn't look on TV (and I haven't seen it), all day long that was a pen. Another useless blind fecker of a ref.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:28 pm

It was a stone wall pen
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:22 pm

DK you really do need to apply for the "Sit with Xia" position having a round trip like THAT as your reward.

As Delboy and Army Villan have alluded to, I believe one of the biggest effects is Gabby. If his return after acting the complete prick isn't the single biggest demotivator for the players then I don't know what is. I can only begin to image how McCormack, RHM and anyone else feels about seeing hmy m picked ahead of them. I can only image if real life football is anything like "The Journey" on FIFA17 then busting your arse to carve out a career for yourself would feel empty seeing this prick sat on our bench let alone in the starting XI.

And if Bruce can't see that the likes of Bacuna, Green, Tish, Lyden and RHM might be better options than the tried and failed (over and over and over) Westwood, Gardner, Hutton and Gabby then he's gone a long way toward alienating me as a backer and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Two wins on the trot will change things of course but will that happen? Is he using these players to highlight to Xia what a mess the squad is in order to grab himself some more funding in a few weeks? After all, I suspect that using the above mentioned alternate players might see us start getting a few more points and Bruce would have a lot tougher time getting money out of Xia if we were suddenly turning teams over comfortably and regularly.

One more performance like that and whatever honeymoon period he'd carved out for himself after a decent turn around, moving us out of the relegation zone and into mid table, will have vanished and I suspect the booing of certain players will return to Villa Park.

Trotters
Trotters

Norwich v Aston Villa, Carrow Road, Tuesday 13th Dec. 17.45. Build up and matchday thread. - Page 3 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:13 am

I both commend your effort and sympathise with you DK Norwich v Aston Villa, Carrow Road, Tuesday 13th Dec. 17.45. Build up and matchday thread. - Page 3 1956653425 Norwich v Aston Villa, Carrow Road, Tuesday 13th Dec. 17.45. Build up and matchday thread. - Page 3 4107169167
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next