The Bells Are Ringing


WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!


Villa v Burton

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Villa v Burton

Post by Wookster on Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:13 pm

Nice to see that the club has decided to open up the ground for the Boxing Day fixture, Upper Trinity is being reopened

Aston Villa FC Verified account ‏@AVFCOfficial 23h23 hours ago

Trinity Road Upper to open for @BurtonAlbionFC game with big crowd expected.
avatar
Wookster



Posts : 529
Reputation : 221
Join date : 2014-04-15
Location : Leeds for my sins

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa v Burton

Post by NARLA24 on Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:16 am

Wookster wrote:Nice to see that the club has decided to open up the ground for the Boxing Day fixture, Upper Trinity is being reopened

Aston Villa FC Verified account ‏@AVFCOfficial 23h23 hours ago

Trinity Road Upper to open for @BurtonAlbionFC game with big crowd expected.
Brilliant. Lets see if we can push 38,000.
avatar
NARLA24



Posts : 2368
Reputation : 1783
Join date : 2014-09-26
Age : 47
Location : Working to bloody hard

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa v Burton

Post by De Kuip on Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:43 am

Typical, can't make that game!
Have to make do with the Leeds match.
Looks like some Villa fans are preparing early for the visit of Leeds - someone had sprayed "Die Leeds" on the wall between The Holte Pub and the car park at the back of the Holte lol.
avatar
De Kuip



Posts : 2198
Reputation : 3463
Join date : 2014-05-20
Age : 101

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa v Burton

Post by achilles on Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:51 am

Yes, a big crowd expected and NO train service, bloody brilliant!
avatar
achilles



Posts : 1655
Reputation : 1272
Join date : 2014-05-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa v Burton

Post by De Kuip on Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:53 am

NARLA24 wrote:
Wookster wrote:Nice to see that the club has decided to open up the ground for the Boxing Day fixture, Upper Trinity is being reopened

Aston Villa FC Verified account ‏@AVFCOfficial 23h23 hours ago

Trinity Road Upper to open for @BurtonAlbionFC game with big crowd expected.
Brilliant. Lets see if we can push 38,000.

I wonder if the club are thinking maybe even more?

By my reckoning, the top of the Trinity is 3,500.

If VP capacity is 42,785 (and I assume Burton will sell their allocation)

42,785 - 3,500 = 42,435.

So either the club reckon we'll get close to 40,000+ or maybe they are just thinking they're happy to have a few patches of empty seats dotted around the ground, as even with that, a nearly full Upper Trinity would give the ground a better balance and reduce the amount of single and double-only seat tickets that would be available elsewhere in the ground for sale on the day.
Even for Saturday's game, I couldn't get 4 seats (well I call them seats but I always make sure I book where everyone stands all game - bollocks to sitting down to watch football) in K4, so we ended up in K3. I guess those rolling up on Boxing day who don't go often aren't going in ones and twos, so possibly the Upper Trinity allows for people booking 3s and 4s of seats around the ground, leaving some less-noticeable ones and twos empty dotted everywhere else.
My feeling is no more than 35/36k, but we'll leave that for GTC eh!!
avatar
De Kuip



Posts : 2198
Reputation : 3463
Join date : 2014-05-20
Age : 101

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa v Burton

Post by The Utterer on Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:02 pm

I really do hope we win this one as i live in Burton and it would be just unbearable to not win. Already they all think they'll "Do us" as they are all plastic Mancs & Plastic Sousers round here so don't have the knowledge of Aston Villa & see us as a small nothing club.
avatar
The Utterer



Posts : 1133
Reputation : 1140
Join date : 2014-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa v Burton

Post by VillaBill on Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:33 pm

I was surprised to see the stand opening for the Burton game, I know its Boxing Day, one of the most iconic fixture dates in the calendar, but I wouldn't expect so much demand, but what do I know?
Merry Xmas fellow Villans, UTV
avatar
VillaBill



Posts : 807
Reputation : 473
Join date : 2014-04-16
Age : 48

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa v Burton

Post by NARLA24 on Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:35 am

De Kuip wrote:
NARLA24 wrote:
Wookster wrote:Nice to see that the club has decided to open up the ground for the Boxing Day fixture, Upper Trinity is being reopened

Aston Villa FC Verified account ‏@AVFCOfficial 23h23 hours ago

Trinity Road Upper to open for @BurtonAlbionFC game with big crowd expected.
Brilliant. Lets see if we can push 38,000.

I wonder if the club are thinking maybe even more?

By my reckoning, the top of the Trinity is 3,500.

If VP capacity is 42,785 (and I assume Burton will sell their allocation)

42,785 - 3,500 = 42,435.

So either the club reckon we'll get close to 40,000+ or maybe they are just thinking they're happy to have a few patches of empty seats dotted around the ground, as even with that, a nearly full Upper Trinity would give the ground a better balance and reduce the amount of single and double-only seat tickets that would be available elsewhere in the ground for sale on the day.
Even for Saturday's game, I couldn't get 4 seats (well I call them seats but I always make sure I book where everyone stands all game - bollocks to sitting down to watch football) in K4, so we ended up in K3. I guess those rolling up on Boxing day who don't go often aren't going in ones and twos, so possibly the Upper Trinity allows for people booking 3s and 4s of seats around the ground, leaving some less-noticeable ones and twos empty dotted everywhere else.
My feeling is no more than 35/36k, but we'll leave that for GTC eh!!
Guess the crowd is going to sort the men from the boys for this one me thinks.
avatar
NARLA24



Posts : 2368
Reputation : 1783
Join date : 2014-09-26
Age : 47
Location : Working to bloody hard

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa v Burton

Post by DelboyVilla on Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:23 am

NARLA24 wrote:
De Kuip wrote:
NARLA24 wrote:
Wookster wrote:Nice to see that the club has decided to open up the ground for the Boxing Day fixture, Upper Trinity is being reopened

Aston Villa FC Verified account ‏@AVFCOfficial 23h23 hours ago

Trinity Road Upper to open for @BurtonAlbionFC game with big crowd expected.
Brilliant. Lets see if we can push 38,000.

I wonder if the club are thinking maybe even more?

By my reckoning, the top of the Trinity is 3,500.

If VP capacity is 42,785 (and I assume Burton will sell their allocation)

42,785 - 3,500 = 42,435.

So either the club reckon we'll get close to 40,000+ or maybe they are just thinking they're happy to have a few patches of empty seats dotted around the ground, as even with that, a nearly full Upper Trinity would give the ground a better balance and reduce the amount of single and double-only seat tickets that would be available elsewhere in the ground for sale on the day.
Even for Saturday's game, I couldn't get 4 seats (well I call them seats but I always make sure I book where everyone stands all game - bollocks to sitting down to watch football) in K4, so we ended up in K3. I guess those rolling up on Boxing day who don't go often aren't going in ones and twos, so possibly the Upper Trinity allows for people booking 3s and 4s of seats around the ground, leaving some less-noticeable ones and twos empty dotted everywhere else.
My feeling is no more than 35/36k, but we'll leave that for GTC eh!!
Guess the crowd is going to sort the men from the boys for this one me thinks.

@NARLA24 I wouldn't be following @De Kuip maths for that one? My guess is that @De Kuip is Jimmy Carr's tax accountant?

DelboyVilla



Posts : 1121
Reputation : 1292
Join date : 2014-05-14
Age : 47

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa v Burton

Post by NARLA24 on Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:47 am

DelboyVilla wrote:
NARLA24 wrote:
De Kuip wrote:
NARLA24 wrote:
Wookster wrote:Nice to see that the club has decided to open up the ground for the Boxing Day fixture, Upper Trinity is being reopened

Aston Villa FC Verified account ‏@AVFCOfficial 23h23 hours ago

Trinity Road Upper to open for @BurtonAlbionFC game with big crowd expected.
Brilliant. Lets see if we can push 38,000.

I wonder if the club are thinking maybe even more?

By my reckoning, the top of the Trinity is 3,500.

If VP capacity is 42,785 (and I assume Burton will sell their allocation)

42,785 - 3,500 = 42,435.

So either the club reckon we'll get close to 40,000+ or maybe they are just thinking they're happy to have a few patches of empty seats dotted around the ground, as even with that, a nearly full Upper Trinity would give the ground a better balance and reduce the amount of single and double-only seat tickets that would be available elsewhere in the ground for sale on the day.
Even for Saturday's game, I couldn't get 4 seats (well I call them seats but I always make sure I book where everyone stands all game - bollocks to sitting down to watch football) in K4, so we ended up in K3. I guess those rolling up on Boxing day who don't go often aren't going in ones and twos, so possibly the Upper Trinity allows for people booking 3s and 4s of seats around the ground, leaving some less-noticeable ones and twos empty dotted everywhere else.
My feeling is no more than 35/36k, but we'll leave that for GTC eh!!
Guess the crowd is going to sort the men from the boys for this one me thinks.

@NARLA24 I wouldn't be following @De Kuip maths for that one? My guess is that @De Kuip is Jimmy Carr's tax accountant?
Agreed mate
avatar
NARLA24



Posts : 2368
Reputation : 1783
Join date : 2014-09-26
Age : 47
Location : Working to bloody hard

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa v Burton

Post by Trotters on Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:56 am

We need results for the fans to show up. Performances like that against Norwich won't encourage fans to show up.

The GTC will certainly be interesting.
avatar
Trotters



Posts : 9626
Reputation : 5282
Join date : 2014-03-09
Age : 46
Location : Brisbane

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa v Burton

Post by The Utterer on Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:18 am

Burton won't take that many as they actually don't have that many fans. They struggle to sell out their ground even though this is the best team in their history. Most won't travel though i expect hundreds not thousands of them.
avatar
The Utterer



Posts : 1133
Reputation : 1140
Join date : 2014-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa v Burton

Post by smetro on Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:32 am

The Utterer wrote:Burton won't take that many as they actually don't have that many fans. They struggle to sell out their ground even though this is the best team in their history. Most won't travel though i expect hundreds not thousands of them.

I disagree - I think its there cup final.

Really struggling for my GTC entry for this one !
avatar
smetro



Posts : 2536
Reputation : 1471
Join date : 2014-12-26
Age : 54

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum