The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Leeds Utd v Aston Villa, Elland rd, saturday 3rd December, 17.30 kick off. Build up and matchday thread

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Leeds Utd v Aston Villa, Elland rd, saturday 3rd December, 17.30 kick off. Build up and matchday thread

Post by achilles on Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:19 am

It is no good people moaning about the team, Bruce has inherited a totally unbalanced squad, a legacy of RDM and Reilly. We just bought attackers without any thought of how to supply any service to them, the midfield look as dangerous as a fluffy duster, it is just a mess. We got rid of Clark and never replaced him, so now we are short of centre-halves. We have no cover and have to play players that we all realise are just not good enough.

When Bruce has the players he wants at the club then by all means have a go but until then stick with it and support the team.

Unfortunately the reserves don't seem to be rated much as none of them even make the squad, another legacy of times past!
achilles

Back to top Go down

Re: Leeds Utd v Aston Villa, Elland rd, saturday 3rd December, 17.30 kick off. Build up and matchday thread

Post by De Kuip on Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:07 pm

I had to go and have a lie down after the Leeds goal as if I stayed vertical I'd have started kicking fuck out of the furniture. Only just got the incentive to think about the game.
I think what pissed me off was the inevitably of the result from the moment the team was announced. I said early in the thread that we should be beating the likes of Leeds even away from home and we should if we want to go up first time of asking (which I've also consistently said I don't think we will).
This is the first time since Bruce took over that I felt he was way wrong in his selection and tactics.  Firstly I can only think Tish must be absolutely shit in training if he can't get picked in front of dumb and dumber. I would much rather see bacuna and Tish in than that pair of footballing fuckwits. Secondly SB - I think - got it wrong playing adomah and kodjia wide (not helped by gestede not doing much) as Leeds Base a lot of their attack on both FBs getting forward. When Kodjia or Adomah cut inside, once the ball was lost it was easy for Leeds to knock it quickly to the FBs and suddenly we're under pressure. I suppose you could say the ball shouldn't have been lost so often, but that risk was always there. I'd have started with Grealish wide and told him to press their fb and same for adomah. Then kodjia central with Gestede. We should have gone all out for the fuckers from minute one cos they hated it for the (short) periods that we did. Ayew can fuck off, we should be bringing on Rushian H-M on for impact. When we attack teams in this league they shit themselves but with our weak mid and paper thin defence until hopefully Jan, we can't play a containment game. If we have to concede 2 and score 3 so be it until we have the players not to concede. That's the problem for me, we have a centre back as a manager, and at present we haven't got the personnel (once we get a couple of injuries ) to shut out the opposition, so we might as well go for the win.
I hope this is a blip as I'm about to invest in a thousand miles of driving next week, Saturday from Devon to VP and back, then Tuesday Devon To Tamworth to pick up my lad, over to Norwich then back to Tamworth then home after 12 hours of driving then into work!
We'd better win!!!
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller on Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:10 pm

The chances both Gardner and Westwood fluffed just summed them up didn't it? In reality we've gotten in-behind Leeds on three occasions when you add in Adomah's chance aswell. January can't come quick enough but what concerns me is how many will we win between now and then? I also agree about Tshibola!!..if he doesn't start against Wigan then his chances here under Bruce might be limited.
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip on Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:41 pm

I just wish I knew why both tish and Rushian don't get a look in. It's the lack of communication as to why that puzzles me. If I had a twitter account I'd ask Tony!
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller on Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:43 pm

@De Kuip wrote:I just wish I knew why both tish and Rushian don't get a look in. It's the lack of communication as to why that puzzles me. If I had a twitter account I'd ask Tony!

Word is Murphy has been injured for the last few games.
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Joppe84 on Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:51 pm

@De Kuip wrote:I just wish I knew why both tish and Rushian don't get a look in. It's the lack of communication as to why that puzzles me. If I had a twitter account I'd ask Tony!

Agreed. Especially Tish, as the few matches I've seen him this season he's been much better than Westwood and Gardner.
Joppe84

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head on Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:23 pm

@Joppe84 wrote:

Agreed. Especially Tish, as the few matches I've seen him this season he's been much better than Westwood and Gardner.

There's either something in his character that Bruce doesn't like, or I think he might be holding him back for development, what with his history of injuries. TBH it doesn't surprise me too much that an experienced manager has come to a club in difficulty & decides to throw in the old heads; particularly as we're talking about roles in the centre of the pitch.
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger on Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:40 pm

It does surprise me that Westwood and Gardner keep getting in ahead of tishibola and I would have thought that a manager as experienced as Bruce would have Sussed that out by now.
Perhaps there is something going on behind the scenes that we are unaware of
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip on Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:23 pm

@AstonThriller wrote:

Word is Murphy has been injured for the last few games.

Ah, cheers AT let's hope he features at some stage. I'm not panicking and Leeds are in form but it's when I think with a different approach we'd have got something from that game that frustrates me.

Question now folks is, do I start the Wigan thread or am I now jinxed! !??
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger on Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:42 pm

DK. You had us on our longest unbeaten run for a long while.
I'd be happy to go a few unbeaten again so yeah man give it a go !
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles on Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:46 pm

I have heard that Tshibola is not 100% fit as he is carrying an injury, so cannot last a match and hence why he doesn't start a game! At a push he could come on as a substitute, that is the state of our squad!
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip on Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:29 am

Christ, our squad really is as thin as tinker's tarmac isn't it.

Right, I'll give it until Thursday and if no one starts a match thread I will......need to redeem myself haha.

Edit - as I've only just seen it: Well that's nice isn't it - even the ticker tape banner is questioning my continued thread-starting - blooming great isn't it, you make one little mistake............... Very Happy Very Happy
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordonsleftboot on Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:58 am

Just to complete the information available, Grealish and Bunn had a training collision on Friday that sidelines Bunn and knocked Grealish from the starting 11. RDM got injured 10 days or so ago in the U23s and remains injured. Ish? No idea. yes we have an unbalanced squad and one that is poor in too many areas. As you say, roll on January - and a slice of transfer luck.
Gordonsleftboot

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip on Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:57 am

Thanks for the update GLB.

Right, my mission is to find out why Tish doesn't get a look-in!
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 on Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:06 pm

@De Kuip wrote:Christ, our squad really is as thin as tinker's tarmac isn't it.

Right, I'll give it until Thursday and if no one starts a match thread I will......need to redeem myself haha.

Edit - as I've only just seen it: Well that's nice isn't it - even the ticker tape banner is questioning my continued thread-starting - blooming great isn't it, you make one little mistake............... Very Happy Very Happy
Start the thread ya big jessy. One fuck up can be forgiven, but if we lose against Wigan then you will get some Ann Boleyn style treatment
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Joppe84 on Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:50 pm

@Gordonsleftboot wrote:RDM got injured 10 days or so ago in the U23s and remains injured.

Did the pinhead try to head the ball by any chance?
Joppe84

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip on Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:17 pm

@NARLA24 wrote:

Start the thread ya big jessy. One fuck up can be forgiven, but if we lose against Wigan then you will get some Ann Boleyn style treatment

Right then, that's fighting talk Narla. Two things mind: Firstly you've used a suicide emoji there mate, now unless Anne Boleyn hacked her own head off, I think you'll find she was executed. Second thing, in the week I'll be driving to Norwich, thanks for selecting the only one of Henry the VIII''s wives to come from Norfolk. Yeah, great, thanks mate.
You trying to jinx the thread before I even start it.... lol!
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters on Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:47 pm

I watched the highlights of this game last night. Their 2nd goal showed us up for what we are at the moment - pretenders.

First, Jedinak gave the ball away under very little pressure. And he didn't just give it away to the opposition 20 yards down the pitch; he squared it to a Leeds player who had a clear path to our goal except...

...Elphick was there to cover. Now Elphick had a ten yard head start on Sakko (?). No exaggeration, 10 yards. Firstly, he just stood there obviously unable to believe that we'd lost the ball. Secondly, when he did realise there was trouble, the best effort he could muster was a light jog. By this stage, Sakko had made up 7 yards.

Elphick was then outran and outmuscled. And then when the ball was rolling toward the net, he gave up. Only to realise that he shouldn't have given up and made an effort. As with the first stage of his defending this phase of play, it was all way too little and any too late.

No way is this goal happening with Baker on the pitch.

TBF, I don't think the first goal is happening with a Baker on the pitch either.

I liked Elphick when he first got here. Throwing himself into everything and bleeding for the cause. But fact is, he's just not very good and using him also reduces Chester's effectiveness rather dramatically.

Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 on Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:31 am

@De Kuip wrote:
@NARLA24 wrote:

Right then, that's fighting talk Narla. Two things mind: Firstly you've used a suicide emoji there mate, now unless Anne Boleyn hacked her own head off, I think you'll find she was executed. Second thing, in the week I'll be driving to Norwich, thanks for selecting the only one of Henry the VIII''s wives to come from Norfolk. Yeah, great, thanks mate.
You trying to jinx the thread before I even start it.... lol!
Class, pure class DK lol!
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles on Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:17 am

@Trotters wrote:I watched the highlights of this game last night. Their 2nd goal showed us up for what we are at the moment - pretenders.

First, Jedinak gave the ball away under very little pressure. And he didn't just give it away to the opposition 20 yards down the pitch; he squared it to a Leeds player who had a clear path to our goal except...

...Elphick was there to cover. Now Elphick had a ten yard head start on Sakko (?). No exaggeration, 10 yards. Firstly, he just stood there obviously unable to believe that we'd lost the ball. Secondly, when he did realise there was trouble, the best effort he could muster was a light jog. By this stage, Sakko had made up 7 yards.

Elphick was then outran and outmuscled. And then when the ball was rolling toward the net, he gave up. Only to realise that he shouldn't have given up and made an effort. As with the first stage of his defending this phase of play, it was all way too little and any too late.

No way is this goal happening with Baker on the pitch.

TBF, I don't think the first goal is happening with a Baker on the pitch either.

I liked Elphick when he first got here. Throwing himself into everything and bleeding for the cause. But fact is, he's just not very good and using him also reduces Chester's effectiveness rather dramatically.

This is exactly what I saw as well, absolutely pathetic defending and as slow as a carthorse (although no excuse for Jedinak just giving the ball away in a 3 yard pass)!
Baker in the same situation would not have let the player pass but if necessary taken ball and player out, that is what defending is all about!
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster on Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:48 pm

Had a meet up with my old workmates today in Leeds who were gloating about Saturdays game. My answer was RDM bought us some nice new wheels in the summer after the last set fell off, Brucie now has to buy some axles so they can be used
Wookster

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum