The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Colin Calderwood

+3
deadbuzzardalive
Dions_Bald_Head
Gordonsleftboot
7 posters

Go down

Colin Calderwood Empty Colin Calderwood

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:20 pm

'Brighton and Hove Albion have this evening announced that Colin Calderwood has left the club.

News broke this evening that Aston Villa were hopeful of making the Scot Steve Bruce’s number two, ahead of the meeting between the Seagulls and claret and blues on the south coast tomorrow evening.

Calderwood has worked with Chris Hughton at Newcastle, Birmingham, Norwich and Brighton, but is expected to join the Villa back-room staff.'

Birmingham Mail.
deadbuzzardalive

Colin Calderwood 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Colin Calderwood Empty Re: Colin Calderwood

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:56 pm

Just added some spice to the occasion - we get insider knowledge & they get to play fuelled by hate! My brother is pretty steaming about it.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Colin Calderwood 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordonsleftboot Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:28 pm

Can't remember too much about the games he played for us, but welcome and good luck to him! Interesting that he seems to think Villa is the better opportunity despite the current positions of the two clubs.
Gordonsleftboot
Gordonsleftboot

Colin Calderwood 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:17 am

Another Brighton fan I know (I live dahn sarf so there are a few of them around!) still moans about us getting Gareth Barry on a cheap so I'll never hear the end of this. Colin Calderwood 4107169167
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:07 pm

Gordonsleftboot wrote:Can't remember too much about the games he played for us, but welcome and good luck to him! Interesting that he seems to think Villa is the better opportunity despite the current positions of the two clubs.

I think its the massive ambition of Dr Tony I really do, people are thinking "fock me when we go up were gonna go for it!!"

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:52 pm

BBC have an article with the headline that it's been confirmed...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38021312

Not officially by Villa yet (Edit Bruce has apparently confirmed it as well), but Hughton seems to be confirming it.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:33 am

Very very solid appointment this. Let us remember that this is a coach that has TWO promotions under his belt, has managerial experience and has been at sides challenging for promotion as well like when he was with Hughton at the noses and now at Brighton. So he really ticks all the boxes as far as his experience and knowledge of what it takes to not only compete well but also get out of this league. Honestly Steve Round and co are really making some smart decisions right now so credit to them.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Colin Calderwood 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:00 am

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2016/11/21/colin-calderwood-appointed

Aston Villa is delighted to announce the appointment of Colin Calderwood as assistant manager.

Calderwood joins Stephen Clemence and Gary Walsh on Steve Bruce’s backroom staff.

The former Villa defender, 51, arrives from Brighton, where he spent just under two years as No.2 to Chris Hughton.

Bruce said: “I’m delighted to bring Colin to the football club.

When I heard Colin was interested he shot to the top of the pile
   Steve Bruce

“We’ve got an experienced guy and a good football man. It was important for me to get someone of his nous.

“When I heard Colin was interested he shot to the top of the pile. We interviewed two or three people. But once I knew Colin was available there was only one person I wanted here.”

Director of Football Steve Round added: “We are delighted to secure the services of Colin.  

“He is an excellent coach and an outstanding person.  

“He has a wealth of experience at the highest level and will be a great addition to our management team.”

Hopefully derails Brighton's season and has the opposite affect on ours.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:07 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2016/11/21/colin-calderwood-appointed

Aston Villa is delighted to announce the appointment of Colin Calderwood as assistant manager.

Calderwood joins Stephen Clemence and Gary Walsh on Steve Bruce’s backroom staff.

The former Villa defender, 51, arrives from Brighton, where he spent just under two years as No.2 to Chris Hughton.

Bruce said: “I’m delighted to bring Colin to the football club.

When I heard Colin was interested he shot to the top of the pile
   Steve Bruce

“We’ve got an experienced guy and a good football man. It was important for me to get someone of his nous.

“When I heard Colin was interested he shot to the top of the pile. We interviewed two or three people. But once I knew Colin was available there was only one person I wanted here.”

Director of Football Steve Round added: “We are delighted to secure the services of Colin.  

“He is an excellent coach and an outstanding person.  

“He has a wealth of experience at the highest level and will be a great addition to our management team.”

Hopefully derails Brighton's season and has the opposite affect on ours.

loving this, when you get a chance scroll through some of the earlier posts when Dr T was first announced, makes for some hysterical reading

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:04 pm

In about 5 years time we'll have Alf back on here sprouting something like this:

"Well if ever there was proof needed that Xia is a fraud, surely the disasterous end to the season is it. To only win the league with two games to go and struggling to beat Man U 3 nil in the FA Cup Final is a disgrace. If we fail to beat Barcelona by at least the four we put past Bayern Munich in last year's Champions League Final I will demand some answers. Spending a paltry £500 million in the summer is cost cutting and confirms what my wife said that Blues are a much better side than Villa's under 8s."
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:10 pm

DaveAV1 wrote:In about 5 years time we'll have Alf back on here sprouting something like this:

"Well if ever there was proof needed that Xia is a fraud, surely the disasterous end to the season is it. To only win the league with two games to go and struggling to beat Man U 3 nil in the FA Cup Final is a disgrace. If we fail to beat Barcelona by at least the four we put past Bayern Munich in last year's Champions League Final I will demand some answers. Spending a paltry £500 million in the summer is cost cutting and confirms what my wife said that Blues are a much better side than Villa's under 8s."

lmao Colin Calderwood 3769219917

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:37 pm

Somebody has had too many sugary things again..........
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:51 pm

DaveAV1 wrote:In about 5 years time we'll have Alf back on here sprouting something like this:

Don't you just love Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:10 pm

Seems quite likeable from his interview. I remember him being in the squad, but can't remember him being on the pitch.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum