The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Villa Park Development

+6
Dazzle
Trotters
The Utterer
Villa_Dan
4BetLite
Wriggle
10 posters

Go down

Villa Park Development Empty Villa Park Development

Post by Wriggle Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:56 am

The good doctor has just tweeted...

Dr. Tony Xia ✔ @Dr_TonyXia
Have set up a group to start the plan of VP redevelopment project.Hope we will make a more beautiful Villa Park. Any thoughts?#UTV

be interesting to see his plans when they are developed and good to see he is also asking for ideas!
Wriggle
Wriggle

Villa Park Development 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Villa Park Development Empty Re: Villa Park Development

Post by 4BetLite Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:19 am

Increase capacity to a realistic number, 55000 maybe. Pretty sure it gets filled when we are riding higher and with the facility to adapt existing design to increase capacity when we win our 2nd European cup.

I love traditional looking stands with a modern twist, stone and brick, a huge stained glass window high in the back of a stand with some genius glass setting angled to allow the sun to shine through it and create a claret and blue rainbow effect into and out of the ground on sunny days. Huge old school A V F C flood lights like the old days. A huge Batman type mega AVFC crest spotlight on top of a stand shining into the sky every night.

A statue of our European cup winning hero's, I've always admired that pic of George Washington's crossing of the Delaware River, something like that with the lads holding the cup and a Villa flag held aloft.

All 4 stands to be correctly proportioned with each other.

Cheerleaders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4BetLite
4BetLite

Villa Park Development 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:28 am

As long as it stays square and traditional. I fucking hate these new round grounds.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Villa Park Development 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:44 am

This has been a long time coming but bloody great news.
I am sure that any ideas from us fans will be well received by the good Dr.
The possibilities are endless but lets not turn our ground into a soul less arena.
The North stand can disappear of the face of the earth as far as i am concerned. Replace it with a proper proportioned Holte End style stand and also re proportion the Holte End, Corners filled in etc. The Witton Stand could be improved in my view.
Lets make it a cauldron of noise and passion to last for generations. Lets make it so everyone who goes there comes away with their jaw on the floor at the sheer intensity of support inside the ground. Lets get it ready for huge European nights of football once again.
Like i said, the possibilities are endless. Really looking forward to this. Brilliant.
UTV Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving
NARLA24
NARLA24

Villa Park Development 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:15 am

I would too like to see the Ellis/North stand removed and replaced by something amazing, corners filled in and capacity increased.

How about some high-tech in there too!

A safe- Standing terraced area or maybe even a couple of area's

but here's the biggy for me........

REDEVELOPMENT OF THE SURROUNDING AREA! It's awful at the moment and needs a Man City-Esque redevelopment to make Villa Park a much more appealing place to visit. I want to see stunning flats & Shopping malls, tree lined, art filled walking zones and a makeover of Aston Park and Manor with a helipad. Whilst we're at it lets sort out the traffic flow around the ground and upto the M6 and have a monorail from Aston station to the Holte area and likewise from Witton Station to the away end area.

Ok i'm done........ FOR NOW! Dancing Banana

The Utterer
The Utterer

Villa Park Development 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:28 am

I think any major development and rehabilitation has to be carefully thought through. It's already arguably one of the best stadiums in the world. And definitely in the top 5 in England.

My point is that it's hard to improve something that's already so fucking good. Improving our first team is an easy job cause it's shit. Our stadium on the other hand is pretty fecking magnificent.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:16 pm

4BetLite wrote:Increase capacity to a realistic number, 55000 maybe....

Hmmmm.....I'm pretty sure you've seen the GTC guesses.

I know there's an argument to be had around "if you build it they will come" but the proof of that is in a massively expensive pudding to which we have yet to even buy the ingredients
Trotters
Trotters

Villa Park Development 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:07 pm

Trotters wrote:
4BetLite wrote:Increase capacity to a realistic number, 55000 maybe....

Hmmmm.....I'm pretty sure you've seen the GTC guesses.

I know there's an argument to be had around "if you build it they will come" but the proof of that is in a massively expensive pudding to which we have yet to even buy the ingredients  

Agreed. If it were altered to have the corners filled in and capacity taken to something like 48000-50000 then that would sit fine with me.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Villa Park Development 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:46 pm

Increase capacity lol. Let's open the upper trinity first.
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:51 pm

The north stand just make me want to puke tbh. And yet VP still looks stunningly beautiful even with that shed. Just imagine how VP is gonna look like when the corners are filled in and the North stand is replaced? I can't see many stadiums competing with that tbh. I mean I look at the new West Ham ground and it just looks weird doesn't it? It just doesn't have a soul at all. With VP though we have an opportunity to balance tradition with a modern twist. And I can't wait to see it.

As for capacity. I think if this club starts to move forward we will see big crowds again. With a big new north stand and the corners filled in around the ground I'd like to think it could go up to 55-60 thousand. And in the current climate where everyone is improving their stadiums we're gonna have to follow that trend sooner rather than later. The great thing is our dear leader Dr Xia is a city developer isn't he? So he should know a thing or two about this stuff.

I wonder if it would look like these two?  Very Happy

Villa Park Development 3025479388_d9286e4fce

or

Villa Park Development Villa-park-expansion
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Villa Park Development 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:05 pm

The Utterer wrote:I would too like to see the Ellis/North stand removed and replaced by something amazing, corners filled in and capacity increased.

How about some high-tech in there too!

A safe- Standing terraced area or maybe even a couple of area's

but here's the biggy for me........

REDEVELOPMENT OF THE SURROUNDING AREA! It's awful at the moment and needs a Man City-Esque redevelopment to make Villa Park a much more appealing place to visit. I want to see stunning flats & Shopping malls, tree lined, art filled walking zones and a makeover of Aston Park and Manor with a helipad. Whilst we're at it lets sort out the traffic flow around the ground and upto the M6 and have a monorail from Aston station to the Holte area and likewise from Witton Station to the away end area.

Ok i'm done........ FOR NOW!  Dancing Banana

Donating some money to developing the area would be a great investment.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:44 am

AstonThriller wrote:The north stand just make me want to puke tbh. And yet VP still looks stunningly beautiful even with that shed. Just imagine how VP is gonna look like when the corners are filled in and the North stand is replaced? I can't see many stadiums competing with that tbh. I mean I look at the new West Ham ground and it just looks weird doesn't it? It just doesn't have a soul at all. With VP though we have an opportunity to balance tradition with a modern twist. And I can't wait to see it.

As for capacity. I think if this club starts to move forward we will see big crowds again. With a big new north stand and the corners filled in around the ground I'd like to think it could go up to 55-60 thousand. And in the current climate where everyone is improving their stadiums we're gonna have to follow that trend sooner rather than later. The great thing is our dear leader Dr Xia is a city developer isn't he? So he should know a thing or two about this stuff.

I wonder if it would look like these two?  Very Happy

Villa Park Development 3025479388_d9286e4fce

or

Villa Park Development Villa-park-expansion
Either of those would be fabulous
NARLA24
NARLA24

Villa Park Development 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content