The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Aston Villa v Blackburn Rovers build up and match thread. Kick off 3pm 5th November 2016

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Aston Villa v Blackburn Rovers build up and match thread. Kick off 3pm 5th November 2016

Post by FoxyAV on Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:27 pm

Seriously? Gabby for McCormack? Really? We're playing a 4-4-2 really, why not Gestede? Let's hope he scores.

Edit: that bastard Gabby just helped out in the goal.
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa v Blackburn Rovers build up and match thread. Kick off 3pm 5th November 2016

Post by danclare82 on Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:32 pm

Come on! Good job we've got kodjia! Need 3Rd now to feel safe
danclare82

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 on Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:41 pm

Get the fuck in !!!!!!!
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan on Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:34 pm

Didn't play well today but 3 points. Brucie marches on!

Jedinak played really well. Baker and Chester continue to impress as a pairing. Gardner and Adomah decent. Grealish won the penalty and that was all. Kod would've had a hattrrick but for the injury
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Joppe84 on Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:43 pm

i might have to start calling Mr. Bruce for Charlie Sheen
Joppe84

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 on Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:28 pm

Albert Bartlett marches on!
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip on Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:24 pm

Just got home.
Reflections from the game:
It felt like the Fulham game but more extreme - we were much more pedestrian in the first half and much more gung ho second. I actually thought Blackburn did pretty well first half hour, they pressed well and passed well. The lad on loan from Southampton who scored for them looks useful. I was genuinely considering going for my half time beer at 3.28.
Atmosphere was dead first half and even though it was Blackburn I thought there would be more Villa fans there (typical I used my gtc joker on my worst guess!).
Second half we upped the tempo, Jedi played really well, Hutton continued to hit pinpoint crosses (problem was the pinpoint seemed to be 3 feet into touch), adomah took on players but too often seemed to slow up after and get caught back. What a buy Kodjia is, his pen was OK - did enough to beat their keeper who guessed right, but his second was great. Hate to say it but Gabby was OK and they seemed scared of his presence.
All in all we need to keep that second half intensity going for 90 mins, but that was another game that would have been a draw earlier in the season.
Heard SB on radio WM waxing lyrical about the Holte - it was definitely noisier second half and as usual I have no voice!
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro on Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:25 pm

well we knew it wasn't going to be pretty - and it wasn't

bit of a weird set up with kjodia out wide and mccormack in the middle. Agree with DK the on loan Gallagher for BB looked some player.

Jedinak has adapted well after a shaky start - at times he seemed the only player capable of finding another claret and blue shirt with the ball - MOTM for me.

Still we won ugly - and ground out a result, which is what we need to do. The points haul under Brucey is fine - have we sone anything to show we can win at brighton ? - time will tell I suppose.

smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters on Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:21 am

Bruce has said in an interview that he'd need an hour to explain where it was going wrong in the first half.

How nice it is to have a manager that sees what's wrong and I fixes it. I will laugh if we make the play offs after giving the rest of the league a 1/4 season head start thanks to the incompetence of RDM.

Didn't see or hear the match but have read that Westwood got booed whilst Gabby. If that is the case, we really do have some dickhead fans.
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip on Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:10 am

Didn't hear any booing from where I was more a sharp intake of collective breath. LOTS of comments about no RH-M in the squad as well. There was some singing for flabby when he came on but lots didn't as well, I think people will be willing to forgive him but two lots of 15 minute subs ain't gonna be enough for that to happen, he did add to the mix tho. Yep agree with smetro jedi did great. I heard that interview with SB about needing an hour to explain that was the same one where he said the holte was 12th man in the second half. Agree great to have a manager that sorts things and gets results, the dog heads are welcome to Lambert.
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by WendyOz on Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:39 pm

I was disgusted to hear that Westwood got booed. The ONLY player to have hung his head in shame at our relegation and the only player who has always given 100% on the pitch. He may not have silky skills but he's never shirked his responsibility or given any reason for disciplinary action.
WTF Villa Fans? Is this who we REALLY are?
VTID
WendyOz

Back to top Go down

Post by Joppe84 on Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:45 pm

It's not ideal and utterly counter productive, but in all fairness it's the fans that is the blood of this club. It's the fans that travel, spend money, watch shite week in and week out. It's the fans that has seen shit players relegate and destroy this club. It's the fans that watch Westwood be awful for 5 managers running and they all keep picking him. Booing him is literally the only tool they have to make sure Bruce gets the fucking idea. Especially when we looked half capable with him benched. I hope I wouldn't do it, but I can hardly take the moral high ground here.
Joppe84

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan on Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:13 pm

I didn't hear any booing where I was
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV on Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:28 pm

I'm repeating myself here but Westwood plays in the middle of a three-man midfield. He's only ever worked properly in that position. Anywhere else he's out of position and just isn't effective. Fine, bring him on if we want to protect a lead as long as he knows he's there to defend and that's it, but if any manager expects him to play on the right, or at the point of a diamond or in any kind of attacking role then they're going to be sorely disappointed. I like him, he always tries and he looks like he gives a fuck despite always being played out of position (for all of the above also see Weimann). If Bruce is playing him it's because he's proved he's good enough to do the job in hand. At the moment we don't have anyone else available. If we get past the January window (or worse, the summer one) without midfield reinforcements then something fishy's going on but until then I can't fathom why he'd be booed by anyone.
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Joppe84 on Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:34 pm

Foxy wrote: At the moment we don't have anyone else available.

Surely Tish is a way better option
Joppe84

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro on Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:50 pm

@Joppe84 wrote:

You would think so. But Brucey has 3 wins out of five - so really couldn't give a toss who the personnel are. Bruce see's the players in training and picks players to execute his plan - if he keeps winning you have to say he's getting it right.

Bruce has just said Jedinak won't play v brighton - as he involved in an international half way round the world 3 days earlier. Has bruce been keeping tish out of harms way so he has a combative midfielder for this match ?

Westwood - not the greatest - but come on - he cost us peanuts, always grafts and seems to be a good pro. Don't get the dislike for him.
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Joppe84 on Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:56 pm

I don't dislike him at all. He's always seemed like a levelheaded bloke that gives his all. I just think, as Gardner, that he is fecking awful.
Joppe84

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla on Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:14 am

@smetro wrote:
@Joppe84 wrote:

You would think so. But Brucey has 3 wins out of five - so really couldn't give a toss who the personnel are. Bruce see's the players in training and picks players to execute his plan - if he keeps winning you have to say he's getting it right.

Bruce has just said Jedinak won't play v brighton - as he involved in an international half way round the world 3 days earlier. Has bruce been keeping tish out of harms way so he has a combative midfielder for this match ?

Westwood - not the greatest - but come on - he cost us peanuts, always grafts  and seems to be a good pro. Don't get the dislike for him.

3 points:-

1. Why is a player the age of Jedinak still bothering to travel half way round the world to play for a joke international side (sorry Trotts but you should stick to sports with egg shaped balls). To be honest if an England player was doing the reverse trip I would say exactly the same thing!

2. No one hates Westwood. However some of us think he is a liability on the pitch rather than an asset? Being a nice bloke that acts professionally doesn't make anyone a footballer, in as much as being a complete prick makes you a bad footballer?

3. Gardner is a better player when not paired with Westwood!

DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro on Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:40 am

@DelboyVilla wrote:
@smetro wrote:
@Joppe84 wrote:

Westwood - not the greatest - but come on - he cost us peanuts, always grafts  and seems to be a good pro. Don't get the dislike for him.

3 points:-

1. Why is a player the age of Jedinak still bothering to travel half way round the world to play for a joke international side (sorry Trotts but you should stick to sports with egg shaped balls). To be honest if an England player was doing the reverse trip I would say exactly the same thing!

2. No one hates Westwood. However some of us think he is a liability on the pitch rather than an asset? Being a nice bloke that acts professionally doesn't make anyone a footballer, in as much as being a complete prick makes you a bad footballer?

3. Gardner is a better player when not paired with Westwood!

No problems with people on a forum debating\criticizing westwood. But booing him when he comes on to try and help us see us out the game doesn't make much sense to me. Goodness knows we've waited long enough for a winning team - lets not make it any harder than it already is.
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbop on Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:33 am

ive said before on here my feelings about the booing. fockin disgraceful, frankly embarrassed for the so called fans who done it. I don't actually believe they are fans, just sad little people doing something for a reaction so they have something going on in their embarrassing little lives. well played Villa and Westy (Westy - people with a football brain see your contribution, cant remember the headline when we bought you saying "goal machine signed, or world beater signs for villa. unfortunately there is a small group of bitche's who just love to bitch and will bitch about anything for a reaction). 18 months since we last came back to win from behind and theres still little bitche's booing. I just cant understand why these so called fans haven't managed villa yet? after all the last few managers ALL picked westwood so they are ALL wrong but the little crop of bitche's are right? cant believe Dr T didn't choose one of them to takeover, Dr T must be stupid aswell eh. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

jimbop

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip on Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:01 pm

I still need convincing that there was any booing - I definitely didn't hear anything.
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbop on Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:06 pm

@De Kuip wrote:I still need convincing that there was any booing - I definitely didn't hear anything.

he gets booed every time, even when his name is read out, so before he's even kicked a ball he's slated. embarrassing.

jimbop

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbop on Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:08 pm

the wankers who booed westwood need to read this - http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-opinion-fans-would-12133653

probably the same retards who were slating jedinak - You only have to look at the Mile Jedinak transformation to see how a player deemed a 'waste of money' by some fans, can suddenly look spot-on in a balanced confident midfield.

jimbop

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbop on Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:10 pm

One thing that is clearer than anything else is that the section of Villa supporters booing Westwood ONTO the pitch, should probably find something else to do on a Saturday afternoon. spot on, fock off and watch loose woman instead.

jimbop

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla on Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:26 pm

@jimbop wrote:ive said before on here my feelings about the booing.  fockin disgraceful, frankly embarrassed for the so called fans who done it.  I don't actually believe they are fans, just sad little people doing something for a reaction so they have something going on in their embarrassing little lives.  well played Villa and Westy (Westy - people with a football brain see your contribution, cant remember the headline when we bought you saying "goal machine signed, or world beater signs for villa. unfortunately there is a small group of bitche's who just love to bitch and will bitch about anything for a reaction).  18 months since we last came back to win from behind and theres still little bitche's booing. I just cant understand why these so called fans haven't managed villa yet? after all the last few managers ALL picked westwood so they are ALL wrong but the little crop of bitche's are right? cant believe Dr T didn't choose one of them to takeover, Dr T must be stupid aswell eh. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

We bitches all bow down to your superior 'football brain'?? cheers cheers

Come on now tell us your true identity?? Pep? Jose? Mr Klopp? Conte? Antecelloti? Woy? Mrs Westwood Snr?Fishing

And you are the only person hearing these boo boys?? Drink

I don't remember the headlines either when we signed AFW but it wasn't 'Villa sign pub league player but he is a really nice guy'?

Westwood is shite and 5 shite managers playing him is not any kind of reflection of his ability! Zero goals and zero assists speaks volumes this season!

And people pay their money every week so they IMO can boo or cheer who they want and it is the height of arrogance to think you can tell them otherwise with the 'I'm a better fan than you' attitude!

DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum