The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Scum v Villa thread - A Tale of Two Cities (the shite down the road being the first one, and the second is the city that is ours)

+24
Trotters
WendyOz
DaveAV1
Saunders82
VillaBill
achilles
Villa_Dan
Wriggle
Dions_Bald_Head
4BetLite
AstonThriller
villajk
Cha Ching
danclare82
Peter
Army villain
smetro
DelboyVilla
deadbuzzardalive
mefromhere
Dazzle
jeffvilla
CoE82
avfc forever
28 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Scum v Villa thread - A Tale of Two Cities (the shite down the road being the first one, and the second is the city that is ours) Empty Scum v Villa thread - A Tale of Two Cities (the shite down the road being the first one, and the second is the city that is ours)

Post by De Kuip Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:26 pm

It was the best of times (for Villa), it was the worst of times (for that bunch of fucking inbreds down the road), it was the age of wisdom (for those that knew Villa would win), it was the age of foolishness (for those that thought Small Heath would win), it was the epoch of belief (The Steve Bruce era), it was the epoch of incredulity (that we'd get back to back wins), it was the season of Light (with a third win at the sty), it was the season of Darkness (for those knuckle draggers and their slow descent to the lower reaches of the table), it was the spring of hope (Don't look back in anger), it was the winter of despair (at the sty), we had everything before us (96 points to play for), we had nothing before us (until we got rid of RDM), we were all going direct to Heaven (the Holte End is already half way there), we were all going direct the other way (see RDM comment).

Yes folks, an epic event needs an epic intro (thanks to Charlie Dickens, from his 1859 pamphlet "Oh ye foul denizens of the sty, look upward to the claret and blue heavens, for there is the true way").

And so it is upon us, where we have to endure the pollution of attending the sty, only made bearable by the fact that we will grind the noses' noses into the heavily-sanded turf of the Aldi-in-waiting that is currently known as St Andrex.

I invite you, gentle reader, to vouchsafe your inner feelings regarding the inevitable outcome of this match, to opine in the strongest terms available to you, how you feel things will develop, and that you come to a judicious conclusion - one that cannot in all truth be gainsaid - as to how we will deliver up a victory so resounding, so bound in artifice and skill, that the result will be spoken of in hushed whispers for years to come.

I for one cannot visualise anything other than a 3 to zero hammering handed out to the window lickers. Oh yes, bring it on, for the city will most definitely, as always, be ours.

that good enough Trotters!

500 words, invoice enclosed.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Scum v Villa thread - A Tale of Two Cities (the shite down the road being the first one, and the second is the city that is ours) 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Scum v Villa thread - A Tale of Two Cities (the shite down the road being the first one, and the second is the city that is ours) Empty Re: Scum v Villa thread - A Tale of Two Cities (the shite down the road being the first one, and the second is the city that is ours)

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:36 pm

I always refuse to go into these games expecting anything less than a win. Yes form goes out of the window but we have the better squad, more proven manager, better fans (they had 16000 at a home game the other week!) and more confidence. This is ours to lose.

Go on now Brucie, let's drive it home
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Scum v Villa thread - A Tale of Two Cities (the shite down the road being the first one, and the second is the city that is ours) 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Scum v Villa thread - A Tale of Two Cities (the shite down the road being the first one, and the second is the city that is ours) Empty Re: Scum v Villa thread - A Tale of Two Cities (the shite down the road being the first one, and the second is the city that is ours)

Post by Trotters Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:54 pm

Brilliant intro,@De Kuip.

Villa hating, slum-dwelling, 12-toed, inbred freaks to be leaving their shitty ground by the 70 min mark, the 5 season ticket holders they have lifting their knuckles off the ground long enough to throw various items at their "vile" manager (scarfs, tickets, their own shit, etc)
Trotters
Trotters

Scum v Villa thread - A Tale of Two Cities (the shite down the road being the first one, and the second is the city that is ours) 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:12 pm

I really think they care more about this result than we do such is their obsession with us?

Been to their play once and never again!

Can't go now so and luckily where I live all Brits are required to have a degree to work here so zero inbreds here!
DelboyVilla

Scum v Villa thread - A Tale of Two Cities (the shite down the road being the first one, and the second is the city that is ours) 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:48 pm

A comfortable win here and Bruce has to be taken seriously by all the doubters, including me.

As for the inbreds, if they had a choice of winning this match or avoiding relegation?........ they would ask someone to explain it because there are some long words in that question, then most of them would dribble and ask if its on telly...... duh huh!
4BetLite
4BetLite

Scum v Villa thread - A Tale of Two Cities (the shite down the road being the first one, and the second is the city that is ours) 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:03 am

Ben looking forward to this game for years. !!!!!!!! Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Scum v Villa thread - A Tale of Two Cities (the shite down the road being the first one, and the second is the city that is ours) 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:06 am

Only game of the season I reckon I'd play Grealish ahead of Ayew

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:14 am

I just want to point out that if Bruce intends on sticking by his counter-attacking footy with us, it's probably wise to bring Gabby back into the fold.

I think he's a dick and a pretty shite footballer and squad influence, but his strength and pace makes him a pretty decent counter-attacking outlet.

Say we continue 451 with Adomah, Grealish, Ayew and McCormack rotating. Neither one of them has Gabby's pace.

This goes against every football fiber in my body, but you English have this cut of your nose to spite your face expression and I reckon this is one of those cases.

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:28 am

With you Joppe84 bring Gabby on in the last 15 minutes as an impact player, by then the scums legs would truly be gone. Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Scum v Villa thread - A Tale of Two Cities (the shite down the road being the first one, and the second is the city that is ours) 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:32 am

To get a gabby with pace we need a time machine.

4-1-4-1 again for me with Rmac and Rudy up front, Jedi the anchor, then JK Gards Tshi Adomah. Same at back.

I just want to see one game without Jack and Ayew, 11 grafters with just enough attacking ability but a more solid and balanced TEAM.

4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:32 am

Gabby must be good for 15minutes surely. We all know he hates blues what better motivation could there be. It also might light a fire under him ?? Scarf Waving
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:41 am

jeffvilla wrote:Gabby must be good for 15minutes surely. We all know he hates blues what better motivation could there be. It also might light a fire under him ?? Scarf Waving  

I agree about the motivation and fire to prove himself and his obvious hatred for the scum but the difference between fit and match fit at this level is huge. 10 mins max if it is to happen but I worry about the impression it gives to the up and comers.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:06 am

4BetLite wrote:
jeffvilla wrote:Gabby must be good for 15minutes surely. We all know he hates blues what better motivation could there be. It also might light a fire under him ?? Scarf Waving  

I agree about the motivation and fire to prove himself and his obvious hatred for the scum but the difference between fit and match fit at this level is huge. 10 mins max if it is to happen but I worry about the impression it gives to the up and comers.

I suspect Bruce would tell them that if they prove they deserve the place he's willing to give them a chance. Gabby looks a lot thinner, if he understands this is his chance and it's up to the Villa fans in the seats to decide if he gets another chance then I reckon he might go for it.

That doesn't mean we'll start him ahead of Kodjia but even a seat on the substitute bench is more than he really deserves.

And if he scores and acts like a dick like last time then he really might not get another chance.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Scum v Villa thread - A Tale of Two Cities (the shite down the road being the first one, and the second is the city that is ours) 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:08 am

4BetLite wrote:To get a gabby with pace we need a time machine.

I'm willing to stick a lot of money on him being by far our most pacy player

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:11 am

Joppe84 wrote:
4BetLite wrote:To get a gabby with pace we need a time machine.

I'm willing to stick a lot of money on him being by far our most pacy player

Wait, what about Hepburn-Murphy?
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:12 am

Let's remember that Gabby's last appearance for the club was 60mins for the U23s which resulted in zero goals. He might not like the scummers but neither do I and you'd get about the same end product!

I'd rather see Audrey Hepburn-Murphy if you want someone with the personal edge. McCormack has a pretty strong scoring record against the scummers too
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Army villain Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:13 am

Getting Gabby and Richards back in the training is a master stroke by Bruce, cuts out the bad vibes, back stabbing, also better moral.
Plus a good dressing room.
Gabby has always been the snake in the grass.
I agree with most comments he hates the blues he might be able to mix it up in the last 10 minutes.
It's going to be one hell of a day. UTV
Army villain
Army villain

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:15 am

He also hasn't been "pacy" for years, ever since he was told to bulk up.

Have I been watching a different player to others? He hasn't ran defenders or the channels for half a decade but suddenly will now because it's Blues?
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:22 am

I don't know how pacy Murphy is, but I'd love to see him given game time

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:26 am

Villa_Dan wrote:He also hasn't been "pacy" for years, ever since he was told to bulk up.

Have I been watching a different player to others? He hasn't ran defenders or the channels for half a decade but suddenly will now because it's Blues?

Have you seen how much weight he's lost?

https://www.instagram.com/ga11official/?hl=en

FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:33 am

FoxyAV wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:He also hasn't been "pacy" for years, ever since he was told to bulk up.

Doesn't mean he's instantly got his pace back. That could be gone for good. He's now the wrong side of 30 as well.

I hate the idea that just because he's seen as one of us he should be given a chance against the scummers over others with a better scoring record (McCormack, Ayew, Gestede) or those more deserving (Hepburn-Murphy). If Bruce picks him then fair enough, he's seen him in training, but calling for him to be picked based on past (like distant history now) exploits staggers me
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:40 am

Villa_Dan wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:

Doesn't mean he's instantly got his pace back. That could be gone for good. He's now the wrong side of 30 as well.

I hate the idea that just because he's seen as one of us he should be given a chance against the scummers over others with a better scoring record (McCormack, Ayew, Gestede) or those more deserving (Hepburn-Murphy). If Bruce picks him then fair enough, he's seen him in training, but calling for him to be picked based on past (like distant history now) exploits staggers me

I don't know about anyone else but that's not what I'm saying. It's been clear for some time we don't have any pace, not like when we had Gabby and Weimann ready to tear off up the pitch to miss our only two chances of every match with Lambert in charge. If he still has pace and is fit enough, only Bruce will know and will decide if he wants Gabby on the bench to come on for the last 10 minutes. There's no suggestion he should start the match and no one in their right mind would put him on ahead of Kodjia, Ayew or McCormack, although without service and in a counter-attack game Gestede is useless so it's irrelevant if Gabby is on instead of him. I've already suggested Hepburn-Murphy. Sure, I'm not saying Gabby's got his pace back but what if he never lost it and the weight loss and a proper exercise and training schedule has him back in shape? If we're giving him a test to see how he does why not stick him on for 10 minutes at the end of the match? I reckon there are still a lot of away fans who'll make a lot of (positive) noise for him.

Doesn't mean I want to see him play. In Bruce I trust...
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:44 am

Another thing, has anyone noticed Gollini now gets the ball and straight away is looking for someone to get it out to? Another of my pet peeves is goalies getting the ball in their arms and waiting for everyone to get down the pitch. We need one or two players speeding off down pitch to give the goalie someone to aim at and clear our lines ASAP. Take that away and we lose a decent trick. Chase down the opposition goalie and every once in a while he makes a mistake and we get a goal that wins us a match like it did last week. Just like clever substitutions like bringing on a defensive midfielder as soon as we score to take the lead it's the little things and I wonder if it's why we have a hugely experienced man like Bruce now at the club?
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:31 pm

After a nervous start we will settle into a nice rhythm. After 15 minutes the Villa fans will be singing Brazil,its just like watching Brazil.
23 minutes in we score the first goal.........Kodjiaaaaaaaaaaaa......Goooooooaaaaaaaalllllllll Scum v Villa thread - A Tale of Two Cities (the shite down the road being the first one, and the second is the city that is ours) 238524133 Scum v Villa thread - A Tale of Two Cities (the shite down the road being the first one, and the second is the city that is ours) 693198913 .
10 minutes later in goes the second...........Gardner.....Goooooooaaaaaaalllllllllll Scum v Villa thread - A Tale of Two Cities (the shite down the road being the first one, and the second is the city that is ours) 238524133 Scum v Villa thread - A Tale of Two Cities (the shite down the road being the first one, and the second is the city that is ours) 693198913 .
The knuckle draggers in the corner next to the Villa fans will by this time frothing at the mouth with their long,hairy,7 fingered fists raised in the air like trolls from under the arches.
First half finishes and the obligatory ripping out of the shithouses in the Villa end begins, with no beer being sold!!!!!!!
Second half starts and we are on a roll immediately, with chance after chance, attacking the Noses like rabid dogs.
63 minutes in and.............Kodjia...........Goooooooaaaaaaalllllllll. Belter from 15 yds out.
This tips the scum right over the edge and the mass exodus begins with the shell suited teenagers and the fat old blokes lining up outside the gates at the away end, chanting the usual shit on the Villa. They just do not get the fact they are 3 nil down do they, thick sugarbags.
82nd minute ....Penalty to Villa. Kodjia lines it up.....and......Gooooooaaaaallllllllll!!!!!!!! Villa fans go crazy at the total demolition of the Noses, by this time there are only Villa fans left inside the stadium, sorry, shed.
Final whistle and Steve Bruce bears his fat hairy arse to the Tilton Road end, urinates in the centre circle and thrusts a massive Villa flag right up Robbie Savages shitter, who, for some reason has been chosen to commentate on the game, along side Dion Dublin, who nuts Savage several times with his big bonce, spreading Savages nose right across his face Handbags! Bash
Villa fans meanwhile, are once again locked behind the gates for an hour and a half, whilst the locals throw bricks at themselves and wreck their own Hotdog vans.
Finally the gates open and the march to the city center starts. Scuffles everywhere and we win those aswell Flogging a dead hors Flogging a dead hors Scum v Villa thread - A Tale of Two Cities (the shite down the road being the first one, and the second is the city that is ours) 1375627042 Scum v Villa thread - A Tale of Two Cities (the shite down the road being the first one, and the second is the city that is ours) 1375627042 Scarf Waving Scarf Waving
4.30pm, Sunday the 30th of October 2016 and once again...The City Is Ours. UTV.
Beer Beer Drink Drink Scum v Villa thread - A Tale of Two Cities (the shite down the road being the first one, and the second is the city that is ours) 4025243045 Scum v Villa thread - A Tale of Two Cities (the shite down the road being the first one, and the second is the city that is ours) 4025243045 Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scum v Villa thread - A Tale of Two Cities (the shite down the road being the first one, and the second is the city that is ours) 1815562058
NARLA24
NARLA24

Scum v Villa thread - A Tale of Two Cities (the shite down the road being the first one, and the second is the city that is ours) 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:26 pm

NARLA24 wrote:After a nervous start we will settle into a nice rhythm. After 15 minutes the Villa fans will be singing  Brazil,its just like watching Brazil.
23 minutes in we score the first goal.........Kodjiaaaaaaaaaaaa......Goooooooaaaaaaaalllllllll Scum v Villa thread - A Tale of Two Cities (the shite down the road being the first one, and the second is the city that is ours) 238524133 Scum v Villa thread - A Tale of Two Cities (the shite down the road being the first one, and the second is the city that is ours) 693198913 .
10 minutes later in goes the second...........Gardner.....Goooooooaaaaaaalllllllllll Scum v Villa thread - A Tale of Two Cities (the shite down the road being the first one, and the second is the city that is ours) 238524133 Scum v Villa thread - A Tale of Two Cities (the shite down the road being the first one, and the second is the city that is ours) 693198913 .
The knuckle draggers in the corner next to the Villa fans will by this time frothing at the mouth with their long,hairy,7 fingered fists raised in the air like trolls from under the arches.
First half finishes and the obligatory ripping out of the shithouses in the Villa end begins, with no beer being sold!!!!!!!
Second half starts and we are on a roll immediately, with chance after chance, attacking the Noses like rabid dogs.
63 minutes in and.............Kodjia...........Goooooooaaaaaaalllllllll. Belter from 15 yds out.
This tips the scum right over the edge and the mass exodus begins with the shell suited teenagers and the fat old blokes lining up outside the gates at the away end, chanting the usual shit on the Villa. They just do not get the fact they are 3 nil down do they, thick sugarbags.
82nd minute ....Penalty to Villa. Kodjia lines it up.....and......Gooooooaaaaallllllllll!!!!!!!! Villa fans go crazy at the total demolition of the Noses, by this time there are only Villa fans left inside the stadium, sorry, shed.
Final whistle and Steve Bruce bears his fat hairy arse to the Tilton Road end, urinates in the centre circle and thrusts a massive Villa flag right up Robbie Savages shitter, who, for some reason has been chosen to commentate on the game, along side Dion Dublin, who nuts Savage several times with his big bonce, spreading Savages nose right across his face Handbags! Bash
Villa fans meanwhile, are once again locked behind the gates for an hour and a half, whilst the locals throw bricks at themselves and wreck their own Hotdog vans.
Finally the gates open and the march to the city center starts. Scuffles everywhere and we win those aswell Flogging a dead hors Flogging a dead hors Scum v Villa thread - A Tale of Two Cities (the shite down the road being the first one, and the second is the city that is ours) 1375627042 Scum v Villa thread - A Tale of Two Cities (the shite down the road being the first one, and the second is the city that is ours) 1375627042 Scarf Waving Scarf Waving
4.30pm, Sunday the 30th of October 2016 and once again...The City Is Ours. UTV.
Beer Beer Drink Drink Scum v Villa thread - A Tale of Two Cities (the shite down the road being the first one, and the second is the city that is ours) 4025243045 Scum v Villa thread - A Tale of Two Cities (the shite down the road being the first one, and the second is the city that is ours) 4025243045 Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scum v Villa thread - A Tale of Two Cities (the shite down the road being the first one, and the second is the city that is ours) 1815562058

I gave u a like because I like the emoji's, Ill read post later Drink
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next