The Bells Are Ringing


WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!


January '17 Transfer Window

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: January '17 Transfer Window

Post by Joppe84 on Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:04 am

McCormack deserves some slack. He's a striker that knows how to score goals and we decide to play him on the wing for some reason
avatar
Joppe84



Posts : 3123
Reputation : 2779
Join date : 2015-06-17
Location : Oslo

Back to top Go down

Re: January '17 Transfer Window

Post by DelboyVilla on Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:53 am

@Joppe84 wrote:McCormack deserves some slack. He's a striker that knows how to score goals and we decide to play him on the wing for some reason

Because RDM recruitment policy was flawed? We brought 2 expensive strikers and only play with one? We should have spent the money from McCormack on a couple of good midfielders? I could live with not strengthening any where else so long as we get in a couple of decent midfielders? And what has happened with Tish????

DelboyVilla



Posts : 979
Reputation : 1241
Join date : 2014-05-14
Age : 47

Back to top Go down

Re: January '17 Transfer Window

Post by AstonThriller on Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:03 am

@smetro wrote:I did think when Bruce arrived he would get more out of the existing players - which of course he has - but we still look woefully short in all areas except defence - I am really unsure about the following players

Ayew
Grealish
Mccormack
Westwood

Bruce has the defence sorted - but our attacking threat is still sporadic at best.

Ayew has three goals and four assists thus far. So he's contributed to seven goals this season. IMO that's more than good enough right now.
avatar
AstonThriller



Posts : 1517
Reputation : 1506
Join date : 2014-04-21

Back to top Go down

Re: January '17 Transfer Window

Post by AstonThriller on Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:04 am

@Joppe84 wrote:McCormack deserves some slack. He's a striker that knows how to score goals and we decide to play him on the wing for some reason

The man looks as big as Gabby ffs. How can a pro like him let himself go like that? It's pathetic.
avatar
AstonThriller



Posts : 1517
Reputation : 1506
Join date : 2014-04-21

Back to top Go down

Re: January '17 Transfer Window

Post by Villa_Dan on Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:04 am

McCormack is being asked to do a job out of position because our midfield is so thin and weak.

Bruce will address the midfield in January, push RMc up the field and he'll bang goals in
avatar
Villa_Dan



Posts : 4131
Reputation : 3924
Join date : 2014-05-13

Back to top Go down

Re: January '17 Transfer Window

Post by smetro on Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:46 pm

@AstonThriller wrote:
@smetro wrote:I did think when Bruce arrived he would get more out of the existing players - which of course he has - but we still look woefully short in all areas except defence - I am really unsure about the following players

Ayew
Grealish
Mccormack
Westwood

Bruce has the defence sorted - but our attacking threat is still sporadic at best.

Ayew has three goals and four assists thus far. So he's contributed to seven goals this season. IMO that's more than good enough right now.  


as a collective we don't threaten to or actually score enough goals - to me thats a problem from the midfield going forward. If Bruce can alter that with the players we have then great - But we still look a smash and grab team at the moment - maybe thats enough at this level - time will tell.
avatar
smetro



Posts : 2456
Reputation : 1441
Join date : 2014-12-26
Age : 53

Back to top Go down

Re: January '17 Transfer Window

Post by Dazzle on Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:38 am

Midfield midfield midfield.....maybe a splash of Rightback......that's the Priorities come January as things stand. A real left sided wing man would be nice. A solid RB would be lovely. Something approaching a dominant CM would be just sweet. Over to you Brucey.
avatar
Dazzle



Posts : 622
Reputation : 996
Join date : 2014-08-10
Age : 44
Location : Oxford

Back to top Go down

Re: January '17 Transfer Window

Post by achilles on Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:33 am

I like the look of Sam Gallagher on loan at Blackburn from Southampton exactly what we need as a centre forward, strong, pacy, works hard, physical and young, unfortunately we have enough forwards but certainly one for the future.
avatar
achilles



Posts : 1437
Reputation : 1197
Join date : 2014-05-10

Back to top Go down

Re: January '17 Transfer Window

Post by VTID85 on Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:21 pm

Anthony Modeste please.
avatar
VTID85



Posts : 465
Reputation : 620
Join date : 2014-04-30
Location : Derby

Back to top Go down

Re: January '17 Transfer Window

Post by CoE82 on Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:06 pm

we need a tough tackling centre mid, and id go after both Tom Ince and Helder Costa, for width, both very goid players that attack the full back
avatar
CoE82



Posts : 401
Reputation : 238
Join date : 2014-04-19

Back to top Go down

Re: January '17 Transfer Window

Post by Joppe84 on Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:15 pm

We should at least give our academy players some matches before we go out and sign møre players.
avatar
Joppe84



Posts : 3123
Reputation : 2779
Join date : 2015-06-17
Location : Oslo

Back to top Go down

Re: January '17 Transfer Window

Post by smetro on Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:26 pm

Will Hughes for me.
avatar
smetro



Posts : 2456
Reputation : 1441
Join date : 2014-12-26
Age : 53

Back to top Go down

Re: January '17 Transfer Window

Post by VTID85 on Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:46 am

@smetro wrote:Will Hughes for me.

Blows hot and cold. Bags of potential though.
avatar
VTID85



Posts : 465
Reputation : 620
Join date : 2014-04-30
Location : Derby

Back to top Go down

Re: January '17 Transfer Window

Post by Joppe84 on Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:25 pm

Yeah Will Hughes would work next to Tish and Jedi. I could be on board with that, but he will be too expensive. We should rather pick up a cheaper unknown talent.
avatar
Joppe84



Posts : 3123
Reputation : 2779
Join date : 2015-06-17
Location : Oslo

Back to top Go down

Re: January '17 Transfer Window

Post by smetro on Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:34 pm

@Joppe84 wrote:Yeah Will Hughes would work next to Tish and Jedi.  I could be on board with that, but he will be too expensive. We should rather pick up a cheaper unknown talent.

Tony has said the Wonga is there in Jan.
avatar
smetro



Posts : 2456
Reputation : 1441
Join date : 2014-12-26
Age : 53

Back to top Go down

Re: January '17 Transfer Window

Post by Joppe84 on Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:00 pm

Yeah that might be, but there's no reason as to why we can't pick up cheap gems like all other clubs do all the time
avatar
Joppe84



Posts : 3123
Reputation : 2779
Join date : 2015-06-17
Location : Oslo

Back to top Go down

Re: January '17 Transfer Window

Post by Joppe84 on Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:02 pm

They will probably be asking for £ 20 million for Hughes. Any club with a proper scouting network can find better alternatives.
avatar
Joppe84



Posts : 3123
Reputation : 2779
Join date : 2015-06-17
Location : Oslo

Back to top Go down

Re: January '17 Transfer Window

Post by DelboyVilla on Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:22 am

@Joppe84 wrote:They will probably be asking for £ 20 million for Hughes. Any club with a proper scouting network can find better alternatives.

I totally agree @Joppe84 Will Hughes is too much like Grealish for me?

DelboyVilla



Posts : 979
Reputation : 1241
Join date : 2014-05-14
Age : 47

Back to top Go down

Re: January '17 Transfer Window

Post by AstonThriller on Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:39 am

The Mirror reporting that Dr Tone is ready to back Bruce heavily...


ASTON VILLA OK BIG JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW TO BUILD ON MOMENTUM NEW BOSS STEVE BRUCE HAS CREATED


5 NOV 2016

BY NEIL MOXLEY

Steve Bruce has been told he can do whatever it takes in the January transfer window to maintain Aston Villa’s upwards push.

New Villa chief Bruce has been given assurances he can spend heavily after he stopped the rot since taking over last month from the sacked Roberto Di Matteo.

The Villans have not lost in their five games so far under a man who has masterminded four Championship promotion campaigns since 2002, and made it three wins in four matches by beating Blackburn on Saturday.

The club’s decision-makers are keeping the exact details close to their chest, but Bruce held meetings with his technical staff this week and is believed to have a considerable pot to spend.

He has already identified areas for strengthening – Villa’s left flank is a particular cause for concern – and he is also determined to bring in fresh faces throughout the spine of his team.
Link

Great news this. And with it coming from Moxley it certainly gives it a lot of credibility for me. 20 to 25m would send a big message to the others I think. If we bring in some quality midfielders and a few attacking players then I think we're gonna be very hard to stop in the second half of the season.
avatar
AstonThriller



Posts : 1517
Reputation : 1506
Join date : 2014-04-21

Back to top Go down

Re: January '17 Transfer Window

Post by Dazzle on Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:51 am

@AstonThriller wrote:The Mirror reporting that Dr Tone is ready to back Bruce heavily...


ASTON VILLA OK BIG JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW TO BUILD ON MOMENTUM NEW BOSS STEVE BRUCE HAS CREATED


5 NOV 2016

BY NEIL MOXLEY

Steve Bruce has been told he can do whatever it takes in the January transfer window to maintain Aston Villa’s upwards push.

New Villa chief Bruce has been given assurances he can spend heavily after he stopped the rot since taking over last month from the sacked Roberto Di Matteo.

The Villans have not lost in their five games so far under a man who has masterminded four Championship promotion campaigns since 2002, and made it three wins in four matches by beating Blackburn on Saturday.

The club’s decision-makers are keeping the exact details close to their chest, but Bruce held meetings with his technical staff this week and is believed to have a considerable pot to spend.

He has already identified areas for strengthening – Villa’s left flank is a particular cause for concern – and he is also determined to bring in fresh faces throughout the spine of his team.
Link

Great news this. And with it coming from Moxley it certainly gives it a lot of credibility for me. 20 to 25m would send a big message to the others I think. If we bring in some quality midfielders and a few attacking players then I think we're gonna be very hard to stop in the second half of the season.

Good news, not unexpected. If Moxley is right then we're looking to strengthen where we need it, the left flank in particular. I'm sure Bruce will be looking at a RB, LM, CM. January should prove to be interesting.
I'll be ecstatic if Bruce can maintain a 2pt per game ratio to January, he's running at 2.2 thus far so i'm factoring in a slight drop!
avatar
Dazzle



Posts : 622
Reputation : 996
Join date : 2014-08-10
Age : 44
Location : Oxford

Back to top Go down

Re: January '17 Transfer Window

Post by Joppe84 on Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:25 am

@DelboyVilla wrote:
@Joppe84 wrote:They will probably be asking for £ 20 million for Hughes. Any club with a proper scouting network can find better alternatives.

I totally agree @Joppe84 Will Hughes is too much like Grealish for me?

I'm no expert on Will Hughes, but in all fairness he looks a lot more like a battling midfielder than Grealish, who I honestly think is an utter girl on the pitch. Hughes reminds me of Steven Davis, with possibly a bit more in his locker.
avatar
Joppe84



Posts : 3123
Reputation : 2779
Join date : 2015-06-17
Location : Oslo

Back to top Go down

Re: January '17 Transfer Window

Post by Dions_Bald_Head on Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:24 pm

"he's also determined to bring in fresh faces throughout the spine of the team"

Glad to hear this - most of the players we've got have been playing for us for 3 months now. I'm getting tired of seeing the same old faces.
avatar
Dions_Bald_Head



Posts : 875
Reputation : 760
Join date : 2014-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: January '17 Transfer Window

Post by DelboyVilla on Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:34 pm

So long as Westwood (booooooo!!!!!!) ends up polishing boots and mopping up in the toilets after match days I don't care??

DelboyVilla



Posts : 979
Reputation : 1241
Join date : 2014-05-14
Age : 47

Back to top Go down

Re: January '17 Transfer Window

Post by jeffvilla on Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:08 pm

All right I am coming out of the closet. Every player at villa has made mistakes but Westwood has taken a real battering. The booing was disgusting at the weekend.  
West wood for me would not set the world on fire but does go about the job at hand and he really does try to get the ball, I do not believe he should have the amount of stick he has been given.
Ok over to the rest who will pan my opinion but it is my opinion. Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving
avatar
jeffvilla



Posts : 681
Reputation : 380
Join date : 2014-04-16
Age : 60

Back to top Go down

Re: January '17 Transfer Window

Post by Villa Ranger on Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:02 pm

@NARLA24 wrote:
@Villa_Dan wrote:I think we'd be more likely to bolster midfield with someone from Hull - Meyler, Huddlestone, Snodgrass etc
Snodgrass is a good shout.

Agreed.

Snodgrass is a proper player.

Not sure we've got a hope in hell of getting him to drop down to the Championship but I'd love to see him at the Villa.
avatar
Villa Ranger



Posts : 227
Reputation : 396
Join date : 2015-07-15

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum