The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Match thread. Villa v Fulham

+18
Con
Cha Ching
danclare82
FoxyAV
deadbuzzardalive
Dions_Bald_Head
CoE82
VTID85
Boldfinger
NARLA24
mefromhere
AstonThriller
4BetLite
avfc forever
Villa_Dan
Trotters
Gordonsleftboot
De Kuip
22 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Match thread. Villa v Fulham - Page 3 Empty Re: Match thread. Villa v Fulham

Post by Boldfinger Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:27 am

The first half yesterday was really disappointing I thought we would be straight at them,following on from the mid week result, and for the first 5 minutes we were. It then just descended in to a bore draw of us having the ball and not doing anything and Fulham having the ball and not wanting to do anything. First 45 minutes seemed to last 2 hours.
Second half they played as though they still had Bruce's size 12's up their arse, they chased and hassled and eventually got their reward ( what a great finish) we then had a couple of chances that were easier to score than to miss, 3-0 would have been a fair reflection.
Another positive note is that at the end it was us who looked like scoring and not Fulham. Fitness problem, what fitness program?
We're coming for you, we're coming for yoooou, Birmingham city were coming for you - class.
Boldfinger

Match thread. Villa v Fulham - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:02 am

NARLA24 wrote:
DelboyVilla wrote:Great stuff!!! First back to back wins since May 2015!! Dancing Banana Dancing Banana

It is amazing what a proper manager who is aware of how to set a team up, motivate them and knows when to make substitutions that actually positively affect the out come of the game?

Frightening though I now know why very few people are on here and exactly what the absent posters are doing?? That will traumatize me for life!!!
Well worth a wank in my view!!!!!! Match thread. Villa v Fulham - Page 3 1520050566

Mental note: don't ever consider a Skype plugin for TBAR.
Trotters
Trotters

Match thread. Villa v Fulham - Page 3 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:40 am

Trotters wrote:
NARLA24 wrote:
DelboyVilla wrote:Great stuff!!! First back to back wins since May 2015!! Dancing Banana Dancing Banana

It is amazing what a proper manager who is aware of how to set a team up, motivate them and knows when to make substitutions that actually positively affect the out come of the game?

Frightening though I now know why very few people are on here and exactly what the absent posters are doing?? That will traumatize me for life!!!
Well worth a wank in my view!!!!!! Match thread. Villa v Fulham - Page 3 1520050566

The thought never entered my mind. Well, maybe for a split second Match thread. Villa v Fulham - Page 3 1306727784
NARLA24
NARLA24

Match thread. Villa v Fulham - Page 3 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:58 am

Just watching the cricket. Nice to see the Halesowen Villa flag flying high. UTV.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:01 pm

Trotters wrote:
NARLA24 wrote:

Ashley Young says yes please!!!!! Bye Match thread. Villa v Fulham - Page 3 1420239857 Match thread. Villa v Fulham - Page 3 1662365926 Match thread. Villa v Fulham - Page 3 1815562058 Match thread. Villa v Fulham - Page 3 1558371468 Match thread. Villa v Fulham - Page 3 3590831400 affraid
DelboyVilla

Match thread. Villa v Fulham - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:43 pm

Proffesional performance yesterday. Pretty it wasn't though especially in the first half which was ropey stuff - although even then we have a pretty solid feel to us.
Second half we attempted to penetrate fulham more - it was more huffing and puffing than guile and craft though. Most will probably disagree but I thought Ayew had a poor afternoon - he seemed a major reason why most of our attacks broke down, and that miss could have proved so costly.
MOTM was Baker for me - thought it was the performance of a giant ! - nothing baker hasn't done before and usually he either gets injured or put in a few error prone performances. Heres hoping this is his moment. Not been much of fan of Amavi up until now - but though he was great yesterday and pushed baker close for MOTM.

see Traroe grabbed the headlines for a good display for Boro. However I will take the less spectatular Adomah laying on the winner - and almost a goal for himself.

Worst case scenario is a point from our game with the noses. Going forward I hope the team can stat to express themselves a little more now. Weve gone from pushovers to tough to beat in a couple of weeks - hope we keep progressing ....well done Brucey !
smetro
smetro

Match thread. Villa v Fulham - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:24 pm

I think Ayew put in a lot of effort yesterday, but I agree going forward he wasn't good. Perhaps we sacrificed a bit of his attacking flair when asking him to track back. Even when he's had a decent game, his end product is lacking. I'm hopeful though that there is still more to come from him and a couple of goals would do him the world of good.

I agree Baker was fab and Chester wasn't far behind him either. There's plenty of room for improvement, but we now are looking like a team and heading in the right direction. Brucie has recognised that it's points that win prizes at the moment. We can add a bit of style as we gain confidence and momentum.
DaveAV1

Match thread. Villa v Fulham - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:30 pm

How Ayew missed that last one I'll never know. More proof that he's more an inside forward than a striker that's for sure.

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:38 am

Would have posted earlier but I've been on family visits all weekend, plus a weapons grade hangover courtesy of the Aston Social (I love trips back to the 70s).
Pretty much what Boldfinger said.
I was queuing for my beers by 15.36, which says pretty much everything I need to about the first half. I was surprised that we didn't go for them more, but I guess there's still that pressure at home on us, with the expectation, and no-one wants to cock up too much, so I think we're still playing it safe. Maybe now we're building momentum, we will get the shackles off a bit more in future.
What is good to see - yet again - is that we seem to have a manager that, by either tactical changes, substitutions, or what's said at half time, seems to be able to improve our performance when it's needed. Now obviously I'd like us not to need that kind of maintenance, as we should be doing well from the off, but at least that aspect has been added to our game. We saw it at Reading and again Yesterday, and in fact if it hadn't been for the late misses by Ayew and (I think was it?) Adomah's header, we'd have been a lot further away by the final whistle.
I think the thing that hasn't yet been proved is how we'll play when we're really under the cosh - I think in the 2 games we've won so far, apart from a few forays from Reading, our opponents have tried not to lose, rather than go all out to win - I'll be interested in how we perform if we do experience that type of opponent.
Bloody hell, though, it was loud at VP once we'd scored and the relief broke through - loved the "Don't look back in anger" singsong at the end as well.
Out of the next 4 games, I think we should be targeting 8 points - I'd like to think we'll get more, but I can't see anything more than a draw at the sty (although obviously I'm dreaming about a 0-5 win away!), we should beat Blackburn and Cardiff, but I think we may struggle to get anything away at Brighton - I think that's the team that will go for us as well, so be interested to see how we deal with that.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc forever Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:55 am

I'm over the moon with another win two on the spin long may it continue.
avfc forever
avfc forever

Match thread. Villa v Fulham - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:57 am

DeKuip you are responsible for the thread for the Blues game old pal.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:15 am

Villa have put up a video from a "dugout cam" from when Kodjia scored.

Bruce jumps around onto the pitch celebrating but within a minute and while the team is still celebrating he's in the dugout telling Westwood to get warmed up now so he can shore things up. That is what we need. No resting on his laurels.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Match thread. Villa v Fulham - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:15 pm

RDM did seem to get lost in the game. Almost like a spectator. A bewildered, mute spectator. Bruce seems to be suffering from none of that.

And a 2nd vote for DK to start the thread v the noses.
Trotters
Trotters

Match thread. Villa v Fulham - Page 3 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:52 pm

Joppe84 wrote:Did Kodjia get stuck out wide today as well?

only you would type sumet like that after we win Match thread. Villa v Fulham - Page 3 4107169167

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3