The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Steve Bruce thread

Page 39 of 42 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Steve Bruce thread

Post by Dions_Bald_Head on Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:19 pm

A 1-1 result was hardly going to lead to a outraged board sacking a la Crystal Palace, especially off the back of a couple of decent results. If anything the press tends to show some sympathy with managers sacked so early in a season, so sacking him for performance rather than results would give them ammunition.

I would've thought though, that they're at least drawing up a short-list. Dr T's tweet about building a culture of 'only results matter' was a complete about-face considering his tweets about performances; whether intentionally or unintentionally they show that he's aware how bad performances are & he's trying to deflect criticism. If he's saying it to us, he's bound to be voicing his opinion elsewhere.

His Villa adventure isn't just a vanity project, it's tied into a wider network; I just don't believe that he will allow such a weak showing for long.

Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:10 pm

I've just seen this on another forum, original source twitter apparently, but after each of these games Bruce has come out and said it's the worst we've played since he's been here...

3-0 loss to Brentford

2-0 loss to Leeds

1-0 loss to Ipswich

3-1 loss to Reading

3-0 loss to Cardiff

2-1 loss to Reading

0-0 draw Brentford

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip on Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:46 pm

Probably correct - maybe a progression of shite-ness.

As Blackadder said about Baldric's first world war poem "It started badly, got worse in the middle and tailed off from there"
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:51 pm

I thought I'd heard him say it often enough didn't really realise it was that many times, basically admitting that we're getting worse and worse under his management, yet he's still here.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller on Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:12 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:I thought I'd heard him say it often enough didn't really realise it was that many times, basically admitting that we're getting worse and worse under his management, yet he's still here.

It's not that many times tbh. My groundhog day thread is more accurate as it has the actual quotes themselves. From what I remember he didn't say it after Ipswich or both Reading games as he actually tried to convince us that we were decent against Reading this season. Whilst against Ipswich he claimed we had the "better chances".

Last edited by AstonThriller on Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:23 pm

Well lets hope he's not saying it tonight, or trying to claim we played well, if we haven't. Then again if it means him gone, then that would probably be better for the greater good.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller on Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:29 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Well lets hope he's not saying it tonight, or trying to claim we played well, if we haven't. Then again if it means him gone, then that would probably be better for the greater good.

I'm very conflicted tonight as a loss will put us at a massive disadvantage where automatic promotion is concerned but I know in my heart hat Bruce needs to go and go now.
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip on Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:40 pm

Out of interest, do people on TBAR think that it's really as clear cut as a loss he goes/a win he stays?
What I mean is, if we played absolutely dreadfully but by some total fluke we won 1-0 and scooped 3 points, does anyone think he'd keep his job over, say, a great performance but we were robbed and lost 1-0?
I mean, surely to McGrath even if we started to pick up points, the manner of any draws and wins we might get and our dire fucking football should be the overriding decision maker.
Unless the "Villa style" is supposed to be turgid, negative, boring, puzzling bollox?
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:44 pm

I think he'll keep his job whatever happens tonight, unless we get absolutely thrashed.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip on Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:40 pm

Fuck off Bruce, Fuck right.off and keep.walking, dont.even bother to look back.
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by gaffer85 on Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:03 pm

De Kuip wrote:Fuck off Bruce, Fuck right.off and keep.walking, dont.even bother to look back.

Couldn't put it better myself
Honestly everyone on about who can we get to do better, well I say nobody could do fucking worse
We're not burton ( no offence to burton) we're still a massive club , we need to act like one.
gaffer85

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:54 am

Time for Xia to do the right thing, or you have to question why he'd let this situation fester.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:20 am

34 points from 29 games in 2017, only 29 goals scored according to what I've just read on twitter, that's relegation form. But Bruce say's that 'There's no need for the hysteria', unfortunately Wyness probably agrees with him.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:35 am

There's not even any talk in the media of him getting sacked, or having only so many games to save his job, which is what normally happens before a manager gets fired. In fact I've seen both Matt Law and Dave Armitage tweet that we should keep him for the season.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger on Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:18 am

A good manager adjusts his team in reaction to different circumstances trying to get his team to win 3 points.
It is obvious that Bruce set up to contain Boro especially adama or whatever his name is.
Within 5 minutes of him being sent off it was obvious Boro were not going to be pushing onto us, that's when Bruce should have changed the team , jedinak was on to stop them playing, we should have changed him for hogan after 10 minutes the later changed Davis for Kodja. Bruce has been banging on about missed chances etc etc, try stop playing 1 up front you boring fat potato head prick.
We have a very attacking squad - release them from your shackles and we will beat most teams.
You are clueless.
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller on Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:20 am

Of course the ENGLISH media will come out to support their mate, that's what they always do. They didn't do that for RDM so we know what the deal is. As for the situation, well I'm appalled with the board tbh, utterly appalled. And I just feel like we've been sold a bunch of lies by a bunch of idiots who just don't know what they're doing. Let's have a look at how many times they've let Bruce off the hook.

1. No win from December 29th to February 25th, (a whole month without a win and lost seven in nine games during this period)

2. Spent 20 odd million in January and lost FIVE games in a row after

3. Finished the season with one win in six

4. Claimed we had to "finish in the top ten" but despite being brought in to get us promoted, we ended up in 13th spot even though we'd spent around 80m.

5. In 2017 we've apparently got 29 points from 34 games

And now they are fiddling around with us only winning twice in thirteen games, averaging less than a goal a game, letting in more than a goal a game and only scoring more than one goal in a game once in that period.

This is deeper than just Bruce, we're seeing an owner and his staff's lies about "ambition" being exposed in clear daylight right now. If they cannot see that this man is utterly out of his depth, after this much evidence, then what hope have we got of ever becoming a decent club again under this regime? I feel like I'm in mourning today because deep down it's looking like it's not just Bruce who is incompetent, but the ownership too. And this is what hurts the most tbh.

When people are "hoping" that things will change, instead of demanding and expecting them to, then this is what you get, mediocrity. The board are allowing this to happen because they are either too old fashioned (Wyness), a rookie (Round), or simply missing in action (Xia), And that's why we're in the mess that we're in.
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan on Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:23 am

The last 20mins of the match was pure desperation with no game plan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordonsleftboot on Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:26 am

I have supported Bruce, until last night. 'Boro down to 10 after 2 minutes and what happened? Nothing! No formation change. We played across 2 banks of 4 for the rest of the half getting nowhere. It was obvious to any idiot, me included, that Thor was woeful on the left. We had to get behind and beyond them and the man to do it was on the bench. Where he stayed until half time. Our brains trust of a management team just watched ineptitude and left it alone. I cannot remember being so annoyed whilst watching from the stand. We wasted 43 minutes of 10 men. Then changed it at half time and enjoyed that same advantage for just 18 minutes or so before Lansbury had his rush of blood. Yes the ref was awful and gave them everything to try and even things up, which he eventually did. But the main culprits for last night's woeful result were sat on the Villa bench. Peter Withe was watching from the boxes by the Holte, I just hope he may have brought some common sense to the after match thoughts.

Where was our urgency in the first half? Where was the effort? Where was the thought? Nowhere. Pitiful. Not to mention that we have 3 right backs at the club and play an ineffectual winger there instead. Elmo is dreadful at the moment. Taylor should not be allowed past the half way line. His delivery is poor. So why oh why did Odomah have to sit and watch that crap performance?

The changes at half time confirmed that the formation for 43 minutes was wrong. So for me SB has proved himself that he was wrong and failed to react to the situation. He has no-one to blame. He has virtually said he was wrong by that change. Next please.

Promotion? Sorry you're having a laugh.

Ref watch: have we had a worse one? Most at this level seem pretty useless. The first red card was right but then he gave them everything. Time wasting not punished. 4 minutes added time? Really for 4 subs and endless time wasting? I'm not blaming him for the result that was down to the Villa management team. But he was utter crap too.
Gordonsleftboot

Back to top Go down

Post by andrew24561 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:32 am

has he gone yet ?
andrew24561

Back to top Go down

Post by bruka on Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:35 am

Bruce will stay until at least December, Villa will be the next Leeds. I'm actually beginning to WANT us to drop a division just so we can smash some teams like Wolves did when they got relegated to League One.

bruka

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:42 am

bruka wrote:Bruce will stay until at least December, Villa will be the next Leeds.I'm actually beginning to WANT us to drop a division just so we can smash some teams like Wolves did when they got relegated to League One.

That's exactly what people were saying about playing in the Championship, when we were in danger of dropping from the Premier league.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by bruka on Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:51 am

This is true. So despite dropping a division, spending millions on players, having a new owner and a new manager we are in the same place we were two years ago. Actually its worse because now we get beat by Reading and Cardiff not Man City and Chelsea. I'm still absolutely floored that we have a manager who openly says that he is not intereste in tactics.

bruka

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan on Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:52 am

We will be in this division for years now. FFP will cripple us next summer. Kodjia, Hourihan, Chester will all leave, Xia will become disenfranchised after all his excitement has come to nothing, the attendances will drop even further.

We will start properly rebuilding in 2020 and get promoted at the end of the 21/22 season. Maybe.
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla on Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:19 am

Well it was obviously the shit support the team received at VP yesterday that prevented the win!

DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbop on Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:23 am

we did have 19 chances, bruce isn't on the pitch missing those chances

jimbop

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 42 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum