The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Steve Bruce thread

Page 38 of 42 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Steve Bruce thread

Post by Boldfinger on Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:15 am

I've heard somewhere that on Friday Davis had a stiff leg then declared himself fit on Saturday morning. Surely part of a managers Job is to protect players from themselves, especially the young inexperienced ones who want nothing more than to play.
He knew the youngsters had been busy and looked jaded therefore he should have tested them and used them on Tuesday instead - now all 3 have picked up injuries.
ANOTHER NAIL IN YOUR COFFIN BRUCE!
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by Joppe84 on Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:37 pm

I thought his post match comments about tired players etc. was fairly funny. Mainly cause I was looking at our bench and I thought our bench on paper looked better than our first 11.

I get that he got a lot of stick for not sticking with the lads who won, when he changed it up against Bristol, but he really doesn't come across as a good manager. By the very definition of the word, you'd expect a manager to be able to administrate workers, i.e. men and footballers. When he doesn't rotate players with the arguably the strongest squad in the division, what's the fecking point.
Joppe84

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla on Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:53 pm

I agree, this is the whole point Joppe isn't it? We have a squad and we have a system of play and you change round the players but keep the system the same? No team in this league should scare us into change, we should scare them?

DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger on Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:57 pm

DelboyVilla wrote:I agree, this is the whole point Joppe isn't it? We have a squad and we have a system of play and you change round the players but keep the system the same? No team in this league should scare us into change, we should scare them?
But we have no system
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla on Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:22 pm

Boldfinger wrote:
DelboyVilla wrote:I agree, this is the whole point Joppe isn't it? We have a squad and we have a system of play and you change round the players but keep the system the same? No team in this league should scare us into change, we should scare them?
But we have no system

We know! This is one of Potato Heads greatest shortcomings?

DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:18 pm

Those with the power to sack him, who are not doing so, are throwing our season away, if they haven't already. So frustrating to see the club sleepwalk into another wasted season.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla on Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:22 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Those with the power to sack him, who are not doing so, are throwing our season away, if they haven't already. So frustrating to see the club sleepwalk into another wasted season.

A bit like Randy did we do not have any power to stop a fool and his money being parted?

Xia needs to act quickly and decisively otherwise the very expensive 3rd season of Championship football will be upon us?

DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:10 pm

I get the feeling that they're pinning all their hopes on that when Kodjia and Jedinak are back we'll suddenly start winning again.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller on Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:35 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:I get the feeling that they're pinning all their hopes on that when Kodjia and Jedinak are back we'll suddenly start winning again.

And that's why we will never progress with Bruce, Wyness and Round at the helm. They don't appear to care about having a philosophy or identity. All they do is put their eggs in certain baskets and HOPE it goes right. It's pathetic and shocking management at all levels tbh but that is the Villa way. Even when we have a gem in Xia we still have to suffer from idiots pulling his strings. Hell, Lerner regime was a disaster in the end but didn't the man invest a hell of a lot of money? Can you imagine if he too had the right people around what could have happened? But the club appears to be cursed from top to bottom tbh. Meanwhile sh/t clubs like Southampton get things right time and time again.
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:25 pm

This is not me advocating bringing him back, as I've seen some people suggest, but I saw a stat earlier that said that Sherwood has a better points per game average than Bruce does as Villa manager, and that was in a tougher league and with what some might argue was a weaker squad. I thought Sherwood was bad whilst he was here, but that Bruce is worse, in more favourable circumstances, says it all.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle on Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:30 am

I wonder what old potato head is thinking about the game against Boro? I've this unsurprising feeling he sends them out to not lose and that it'll be another McGrath awful performance, and to be honest I just can't see us winning the game now. On the plus side this could be potato heads last game if we don't gain the win. Every cloud and all that!
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:57 am

I find it staggering that he's still here, surely they know that he isn't the right man for the job now, regardless of the result against Middlesbrough, yet as long as we don't lose that will probably save his job for another three or four games,  as if a win here and there is good enough, despite us languishing in mid-table; If we're not in promotion form, then it's not good enough, it's no good them waiting until we've hit relegation form before they replace him, otherwise the season will slip away.

As for tomorrow I think Bruce will play for a draw, which would probably be enough to keep him his job, and he'd likely see it as a positive result in general, because you can bet he'll be going into it with the attitude that they're one of the divisions big sides and we have to fight and scrape to get anything out of it.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller on Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:26 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:I find it staggering that he's still here, surely they know that he isn't the right man for the job now, regardless of the result against Middlesbrough, yet as long as we don't lose that will probably save his job for another three or four games,  as if a win here and there is good enough, despite us languishing in mid-table; If we're not in promotion form, then it's not good enough, it's no good them waiting until we've hit relegation form before they replace him, otherwise the season will slip away.

As for tomorrow I think Bruce will play for a draw, which would probably be enough to keep him his job, and he'd likely see it as a positive result in general, because you can bet he'll be going into it with the attitude that they're one of the divisions big sides and we have to fight and scrape to get anything out of it.

Every day that goes by I lose more and more faith in Wyness and Round. And yet you want them to stay? Imo they are just as responsible for this mess as Bruce is because they are utterly short sighted and are scared to make big decisions. I'm one hundred percent sure it's not Xia holding this up, it's Steve's mates who run the show. Bruce openly came out after Cardiff and admitted that he can't get the away form right, and STILL they kept that man in the job. This is why I'm convinced they need to go too.
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:23 am

I don't particularly want them to stay, I've said on numerous occasions, that it seems that there's a jobs for the boys culture at the club and it seems almost that Xia is being taken advantage of, I certainly wouldn't be disappointed if they were replaced.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming on Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:09 pm

Agent Bruce - Revenge of the Noses?

big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip on Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:48 pm

big ming wrote:Agent Bruce - Revenge of the Noses?

Yeah, they're loving it at the moment, and who can blame them - deflects a bit of misery from their shite team as well.

They want us to keep Bruce like we wanted them to keep Zola, lets hope we pull the trigger on Bruce asap.
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbop on Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:11 pm

who should come in then?

jimbop

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:30 pm

Dr. Tony Xia‏Verified account @Dr_TonyXia
No matter how everyone feels,we need u go behind the team to create the best VP atmosphere!Thanks to all standing together!#UTV

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbop on Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:32 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Dr. Tony Xia‏Verified account @Dr_TonyXia
No matter how everyone feels,we need u go behind the team to create the best VP atmosphere!Thanks to all standing together!#UTV

exactly, boo's ringing out at half time is disgusting, what will that do to the youth!

jimbop

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:47 pm

Him having to make a call to arms to fans this early in the season to help the team, because they can't help themselves should saying about Bruce in of itself, scandalous that he's still here, they seem desperate not to sack him. Xia seems to have a pattern of expressing anger and then a few days latter, talking about sticking together and being a team, almost if someone, is changing his mind.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbop on Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:54 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Him having to make a call to arms to fans this early in the season to help the team, because they can't help themselves should saying about Bruce in of itself, scandalous that he's still here, they seem desperate not to sack him. Xia seems to have a pattern of expressing anger and then a few days latter, talking about sticking together and being a team, almost if someone, is changing his mind.

true, I sensed that before that someone is possibly changing his mind. I may have rose tinted glasses on sometimes but I just want us to do well and sick to death of "starting again"!

jimbop

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller on Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:27 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Him having to make a call to arms to fans this early in the season to help the team, because they can't help themselves should saying about Bruce in of itself, scandalous that he's still here, they seem desperate not to sack him. Xia seems to have a pattern of expressing anger and then a few days latter, talking about sticking together and being a team, almost if someone, is changing his mind.

Tbh it was always gonna be hard with two games in the space of a few days. They are playing with fire though that's for sure. The fact is we didn't lose on Saturday and haven't for the last four games. So perhaps they feel like the situation isn't absolutely "critical" at the moment? I'm hoping another bore draw tomorrow will force their hand.

One thing that's encouraged me though is I got a positive response from someone at the club when I sent them that article about Karanka!!!...so if Aitor ends up at b6 then everyone knows who to thank . Very Happy
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip on Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:02 pm

jimbop wrote:who should come in then?

ABB.. ...
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan on Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:09 pm

Shit performances
Shit attendances
Shit results

Nothing is good about the club right now and Xia has to see that.
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller on Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:13 pm

I see the good old "British boys club" are all together tonight!!!..PUKE!!...This is exactly why we're in the sh/t that we are, this right here.

matt maher‏

Steve Bruce, Keith Wyness, Stephen Clemence and Steve Round all in attendance at the Banks's tonight. #avfc

AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 42 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum