The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Steve Bruce thread

Page 41 of 42 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Steve Bruce thread

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:02 pm

Hopefully with other managers being linked, and Bruce himself seemingly unsure about his future it's the beginning of the end now.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordonsleftboot on Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:39 pm

A spanish report linking villa to a move for Oscar Garcia? Is it true?
Gordonsleftboot

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming on Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:42 am

Only thing that can save Bruce now (don't want him saved) is 442. Abandon the defensive midfielder and Attack! Attack! Attack!
If the opposition score two, we will score three approach.
I would have a couple of the youngsters, particularly O'Hare, in for energy and youthful exhuberance. Some of the "seniors" have blown their chance.

big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV on Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:04 pm

big ming wrote:Only thing that can save Bruce now (don't want him saved) is 442. Abandon the defensive midfielder and Attack! Attack! Attack!
If the opposition score two, we will score three approach.
I would have a couple of the youngsters, particularly O'Hare, in for energy and youthful exhuberance. Some of the "seniors" have blown their chance.

I've banged on about this before: Hourihane and Lansbury looked good together against Brighton, have a look at their positioning for the ball and how advanced they are in the highlights:

https://www.avfc.co.uk/AVTV/2017/05/07/Aston%20Villa%2011%20Brighton%20Extended%20highlights

I realise a 4-4-2 would be the simplest approach but I'd be just as interested in a 4-5-1, with Lansbury, Hourihane and Onomah in the middle, and Adomah and Snodgrass (Bruce is going to play him no matter what) on the wings, or, controversially, Blackett-Taylor on the left and Adomah on the right. Shame we'd have our right footed player on the left and our left footed player on the right but that's apparently how Snodgrass wants it, and I can't see Bruce doing anything about it. Both Kodjia and Hogan seem to prefer to play up front on their own but importantly Hourihane, Lansbury and Onomah know what they're doing, can score goals and two of them are two of our most creative players, just what Kodjia or Hogan (or Davis) needs. Stick O'Hare on the bench in case one of them isn't working out.

Bruce needs to select his best 11 and right now that doesn't include Elmo, Whelan, Jedi and quite possibly Snodgrass. Pick them he will though, bearing in mind he brought three of them in for this season just to try to improve on last season! I wonder what are the odds on Elmo playing at RB with Snodgrass ahead of him?

And I don't agree with Lansbury's card being rescinded, I think he deserved it and it sends out a very bad signal and undermines the referee. Who I thought was mostly shit but Lansbury deserved that. I'd still play him but would be reading him the riot act.

FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbop on Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:53 pm

interesting letter from Howard posted on linkedin earlier - http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-blog-open-letter-13620086

jimbop

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan on Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:00 pm

jimbop wrote:interesting letter from Howard posted on linkedin earlier - http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-blog-open-letter-13620086

Hold on mate, you've been arguing with anyone who has been anti-Bruce of late but you're ok with this because it's come from HH?
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbop on Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:01 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:
jimbop wrote:interesting letter from Howard posted on linkedin earlier - http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-blog-open-letter-13620086

Hold on mate, you've been arguing with anyone who has been anti-Bruce of late but you're ok with this because it's come from HH?

didn't say I agreed with it, said interesting. in regards to arguing with people, its not an argument as such, its my view. I admit there are times when I wear rose tinted glasse's but I just want us to do well and am sick to death of starting all over again so sometimes snap when I see all the negativity.

jimbop

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller on Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:08 pm

Bruce press conference this morning smacks of a man in desperate trouble and on his last legs.

Bruce: "Do or die on Saturday? Who's creating that? Social media and phone-ins. If its last chance saloon then so be it, if that's what they (fans) want then so be it."

"I do believe the vast majority of supporters are right behind myself and the team and they can see there's been progress made in what's been a very difficult period for the club."

"I've heard I'm a dinosaur, this that and the other. 2 promotions in 5 years, who else are they gonna get any better? What's the fix? Off with my head and then somebody else comes in and changes it?".

"Progress"? He came in when we were nineteenth in the table, and where do we sit today? EIGHTEENTH. So what on earth is he talking about? And that first comment is just INCREDIBLE!!..he knows he's on borrowed time, and he's sulking about it because he knows he's made an absolute pigs ear of such a massive opportunity he's been given.

In closing, he keeps having a go at us fans and for me the result on saturday shouldn't matter one jot. Just get this idiot out and let's start again with a manager who actually knows what he's doing.
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan on Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:00 pm

TalkShite this morning talking about Bruce being under pressure. So the press are getting noise of something...
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV on Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:49 pm

AstonThriller wrote:he keeps having a go at us fans

The other day I thought I'd start a new thread for Bruce's excuses but when I started listing the ones I could find I realised just how many there were and gave up. Everything is to blame - predominantly players but also us fans (and our expectations). He just shouldn't open his mouth, no one respects him, surely after he keeps blaming them the players must think he's a complete fucktard. He's the manager, he's the one with the best toy box in the Championship and like a bad workman he's blaming his tools.
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Joppe84 on Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:28 pm

Listened to the match interview and I think he talks a good talk. I genuinly think he is right about what he's saying, and it's largely why I want continuity in this club, but it does however require performances that makes you believe we can improve. And I just can't see it on the pitch. You can't just talk it, you must walk it.
Joppe84

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla on Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:23 am

He always talks like he only started this job this season and seems to forget all the time and money from last season? Personally I think he has been very fairly treated as to finish 13th last year was a huge under performance yet he got a clean slate. He now expects more time and patience? Absolutely ridiculous!

DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV on Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:56 pm

I'm actually enjoying watching Bruce discover new things like my two-year-old does - things like being forced to play Hourihane and Davis and suddenly realising they're rather good, or playing a 4-4-2 and it actually working. I wonder what vision he'll have next, hopefully dropping Whelan for a midfielder who isn't a one-trick pony or maybe working out how and when substitutes work.
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Joppe84 on Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:15 pm

I'm just amazed at how bad we are at throw ins and set pieces, especially defensively.
Joppe84

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Yesterday at 12:29 am

Joppe84 wrote:I'm just amazed at how bad we are at throw ins and set pieces, especially defensively.

Thats interesting actually as i watched an interview with Big Sam the other day & he was talking about the number of coaches who don't really see throw ins as a major thing so don't really practice them which surprised him. He said one of the first things he does at a new club is set them up to utilise them. Maybe our coaches are some of those who ignore them? Who knows i guess
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbop Yesterday at 9:10 am

even after a 3-0 win it comes to slating how we take throws. Embarassed

jimbop

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Yesterday at 9:24 am

jimbop wrote:even after a 3-0 win it comes to slating how we take throws.  Embarassed

One swallow doesn't a summer make.

He's still shit at substitutions, starting 11 (and bench) selection and adapting to what's going on during a match. It almost feels like he is starting to understand how to put a team out (trial and error for a season) but the rest is down to luck, individual skill and experience. When we lose he blames the players for not doing what he's told them to do, but after a year of watching us blunder around I'm none the wiser about our style of football or what he actually wants them to do. Maybe every time he pulls the names out of hat and just tells them to keep a clean sheet and score at least one goal?
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Yesterday at 9:33 am

jimbop wrote:even after a 3-0 win it comes to slating how we take throws.  Embarassed

Even after a 3-0 win Potato head is still an idiot of a manger! His record is still abysmal and his coaching skills are non-existant! The guy will still need sacking and all that win has done is given the idiots backing him an excuse to delay the inevitable failure and embarrassing sacking in a few weeks!

One win doesn't make Potato Head a genius!

Sack him now!

DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Joppe84 Yesterday at 9:50 am

The alternative is that a 3-0 victory makes us great at throw ins. Do you see how stupid you sound?
Joppe84

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Yesterday at 10:03 am

We have been shit at throw ins as long as I can remember. That's not a Bruce problem. There's something wrong with the club as a whole when it comes to throw ins
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Joppe84 Yesterday at 11:17 am

Oh I'm not saying it's Bruce's fault. We are shit at most things, and it's definitely not his fault we got to that point. I do however think a manager and coaching team paid millions should be able to rectify basic stuff like this once they are hired. He is not at fault, but he isn't impressing me either.
Joppe84

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbop Yesterday at 12:24 pm

just watched the match again, absolutely shocking the way steve bruce zips his coat up, hes gotta go.

jimbop

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Yesterday at 12:39 pm

jimbop wrote:just watched the match again, absolutely shocking the way steve bruce zips his coat up, hes gotta go.
I like that haha
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Yesterday at 12:48 pm

jimbop wrote:just watched the match again, absolutely shocking the way steve bruce zips his coat up, hes gotta go.

Don't be stupid. He didn't wear a coat.
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbop Yesterday at 1:03 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:

Don't be stupid. He didn't wear a coat.

jimbop

Back to top Go down

Page 41 of 42 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum