The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

THE CASE FOR STEVE BRUCE

+16
NARLA24
shanghaivilla
worcesterkev
WendyOz
smetro
Fpuppys
Boldfinger
Saunders82
KMitch
deadbuzzardalive
Villa_Dan
The Utterer
George
Trotters
DelboyVilla
Cha Ching
20 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

THE CASE FOR STEVE BRUCE - Page 4 Empty Re: THE CASE FOR STEVE BRUCE

Post by DelboyVilla Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:38 am

Saw a random twitter that the players wrote a letter to Tony requesting Clarke??? How true it is I have no idea?

de Kuip wrote:I think deluded is a bit harsh Del, I'd like Someone like Wagner because he strikes me as someone a little bit different and fresh, but also competent. If Villa are to embark on a relationship with a new manager, and we want it to be long term, I'd rather it be someone who's only just had their cherry popped by Huddersfield, not some old slapper who has been through more clubs than Lee Westwood. I'd like some originality. I'd like to consider that optimism rather than delusion.
Having said that if we appoint Clarke, Bruce would seem like Bill Shankly in comparison...... Laughing Laughing

Maybe I was a little irritated DK so I apologise for the deluded bit. I still have had my fill of 'managers with potential' after Lamberk, Dim Tim and Garde, having a bit of experience appeals to me?
DelboyVilla

THE CASE FOR STEVE BRUCE - Page 4 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:38 am

There's plenty of young managers out there who have potential but also experience:

Yakin
Rowett
Neill (although he wouldn't leave Norwich for us)

Even Wagner wasn't totally green - Dortmund's youth team plays in the German equivalent of league 2 here so Huddersfield poaching him whilst in L1 wasn't a massive stretstretch
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

THE CASE FOR STEVE BRUCE - Page 4 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:58 am

Villa_Dan wrote:There's plenty of young managers out there who have potential but also experience:

Yakin
Rowett
Neill (although he wouldn't leave Norwich for us)

Even Wagner wasn't totally green - Dortmund's youth team plays in the German equivalent of league 2 here so Huddersfield poaching him whilst in L1 wasn't a massive stretstretch

Didn't know that Dan about BD's 2nd team? Makes Wagner's experience seem a little bit more relevant!

With all the experience we have at board level you would think that they could spot a gem in the making but it seems not?

If the best candidate is Bruce then so be it, appoint the guy so we have a 'slim' chance of salvaging something from the season? All this fannying about is winding me up now! I can see another nothing result at the weekend and with the speed these games come round we will be 2 or 3 games down the road and appointing Bruce!
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:21 am

DelboyVilla wrote:Saw a random twitter that the players wrote a letter to Tony requesting Clarke??? How true it is I have no idea?

You really have to wonder why. It doesn't seem to me that they do any kind of training at all; we've all seen how they look like 11 blokes who've rocked up for a Sunday League game having not met each other before. Maybe "Holiday Camp Villa" is more appealing that Wagner's twice a day training?

Or maybe Gabby, knowing Bruce doesn't like him, has got the players to write a letter for him.
Trotters
Trotters

THE CASE FOR STEVE BRUCE - Page 4 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by shanghaivilla Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:05 am

maybe bruce and clarke could work together?
shanghaivilla
shanghaivilla

THE CASE FOR STEVE BRUCE - Page 4 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:21 am

shanghaivilla wrote:maybe bruce and clarke could work together?
affraid
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:36 am

the case for steve bruce............... i'd put him in a case and fedex him to the penal colonies

bloody hell, how much would that cost?
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:40 am

4BetLite wrote:the case for steve bruce............... i'd put him in a case and fedex him to the penal colonies

bloody hell, how much would that cost?

Or

The case for Steve Bruce...............the alternate is Steve Clarke???
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:47 am

with every day that goes by without a better targets name being mentioned, the more I'm leaning towards wanting bruce.................hurry the fuck up.

I think they really are waiting for xia to come over to conduct the interview himself, ffs just trust round and wyness and use skype...........or is that too simple.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:51 am

4BetLite wrote:with every day that goes by without a better targets name being mentioned, the more I'm leaning towards wanting bruce.................hurry the fuck up.

I think they really are waiting for xia to come over to conduct the interview himself, ffs just trust round and wyness and use skype...........or is that too simple.

@4BetLite it's frustrating isn't it?
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:03 am

DelboyVilla wrote:Saw a random twitter that the players wrote a letter to Tony requesting Clarke??? How true it is I have no idea?

de Kuip wrote:I think deluded is a bit harsh Del, I'd like Someone like Wagner because he strikes me as someone a little bit different and fresh, but also competent. If Villa are to embark on a relationship with a new manager, and we  want it to be long term, I'd rather it be someone who's only just had their cherry popped by Huddersfield, not some old slapper who has been through more clubs than Lee Westwood. I'd like some originality. I'd like to consider that optimism rather than delusion.
Having said that if we appoint Clarke, Bruce would seem like Bill Shankly in comparison...... Laughing Laughing

Maybe I was a little irritated DK so I apologise for the deluded bit. I still have had my fill of 'managers with potential' after Lamberk, Dim Tim and Garde, having a bit of experience appeals to me?

No need to apologise mate I wasn't trying to pick you up on it, just putting my case for the alternative view. THE CASE FOR STEVE BRUCE - Page 4 3769219917  Fuck me but it's frustrating being a Villa fan at present - I know the good times will return but these false starts are killing me!
De Kuip
De Kuip

THE CASE FOR STEVE BRUCE - Page 4 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:30 am

DelboyVilla wrote:
4BetLite wrote:with every day that goes by without a better targets name being mentioned, the more I'm leaning towards wanting bruce.................hurry the fuck up.

@4BetLite it's frustrating isn't it?

@DelboyVilla haha it works................

Yes mate very, when Xia came we were all sceptical, after a few weeks we were happy, after 4 weeks we were on cloud nine and I was happy to be a fan all over again, it was the best few weeks since 1982 for me............... after 12 weeks, i'm like... "why me?"

This appointment if HUGE, we must must must get this right and i'm frustrated because bruce appears to be the best candidate available. In the weeks we were speculating before RDM was announced, not one villa fan on the planet would have called for bruce and yet after being on such a high we find ourselves where we are at now, fuck me, only the fucking villa eh!
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:41 am

Wolves in a few days and no permenant manager in place. This is concerning to say the least.
Is the plan to leave Clarke in charge for this game whilst introducing the new manager to the crowd or what.
Confused dot com as it now seems that Bruce is pretty much nailed on for the job. Why dont we just announce it and give him a few days with the team on the training ground ffs
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:50 am

NARLA24 wrote:Wolves in a few days and no permenant manager in place. This is concerning to say the least.
Is the plan to leave Clarke in charge for this game whilst introducing the new manager to the crowd or what.
Confused dot com as it now seems that Bruce is pretty much nailed on for the job. Why dont we just announce it and give him a few days with the team on the training ground ffs

Wasn't DimTim announced to the crowd at Cup game vs Leicester? We were playing shit first half and he was getting really annoyed so at HT he went down to the dressing room and put a rocket up them?

Why would we do that again?

I wish they would just stop fucking about?
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:51 am

NARLA24 wrote:Wolves in a few days and no permenant manager in place. This is concerning to say the least.

Either the board are still interviewing/negotiating with other parties or, as I've said, the word from the players & from Clarke himself is that RDM was the root of all evil & therefore they want to give him a game to see how he gets on.

Still think that Brucie won't be happy by it.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

THE CASE FOR STEVE BRUCE - Page 4 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:58 am

Dions_Bald_Head wrote:

Either the board are still interviewing/negotiating with other parties or, as I've said, the word from the players & from Clarke himself is that RDM was the root of all evil & therefore they want to give him a game to see how he gets on.

That's convenient that after RDM leaves it ALL his fault? The players weren't even fit enough to play for 90 minutes? I thought the rumour was that RDM was never at training but was dealing with his other business interests instead?

Clarke and the players are as much to blame as RDM IMO! As we cannot sack the players we need to remove Clarke as well!
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:07 am

DelboyVilla wrote:
Dions_Bald_Head wrote:

That's convenient that after RDM leaves it ALL his fault? The players weren't even fit enough to play for 90 minutes? I thought the rumour was that RDM was never at training but was dealing with his other business interests instead?

Clarke and the players are as much to blame as RDM IMO! As we cannot sack the players we need to remove Clarke as well!
Everyone has to shoulder some blame. To blame RDM solely is just ridiculous
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:15 am

The only reason to hang about is if we are targeting a manager currently in work.

Xia does probably trust Wyness and Round but he also wants to be involved and be fairly hands on, plus we will need his signature for any compo.

It wouldn't surprise @Villa_Dan if the manager was lined up but not in charge for the game on Saturday. @Villa_Dan appreciates that another club wouldn't want to lose their manager a few days before a match if they could avoid it
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

THE CASE FOR STEVE BRUCE - Page 4 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:16 am

NARLA24 wrote:
DelboyVilla wrote:
Dions_Bald_Head wrote:

Exactly @NARLA24 SC is a rough tough Scotsman with a very good CV as an Assistant but the performances on the pitch were poor under his watch. RDM takes some blame, SC takes some blame and so do the players! I find it quite staggering that all of a sudden after RDM has gone people are making RDM out to be some kind of tyrannical dictator who both SC and the players actually feared? Are these people for real?
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:21 am

I'm blaming the referee's and the woodwork too........said - @4BetLite
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:26 am

Curbishly just ruled himself out of the job on SSN. Well, feck me, i am so dissapointed
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:29 am

DelboyVilla wrote:
NARLA24 wrote:
DelboyVilla wrote:
Dions_Bald_Head wrote:

Exactly @NARLA24 SC is a rough tough Scotsman with a very good CV as an Assistant but the performances on the pitch were poor under his watch. RDM takes some blame, SC takes some blame and so do the players! I find it quite staggering that all of a sudden after RDM has gone people are making RDM out to be some kind of tyrannical dictator who both SC and the players actually feared? Are these people for real?
RDM was always going to become a scapegoat fella, but the blame goes all the way through.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:33 am

NARLA24 wrote:Curbishly just ruled himself out of the job on SSN. Well, feck me, i am so dissapointed

lol! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:21 am

AstonThriller wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:I think it's a lazy appointment.

The ONLY thing going for him is his record with promotions, which is both good and important.

The fact is that ANY half competent manager will get us up the table. ANY half competent manager will have us promoted when we outspend the entire league.

To me it would be far better appointing unknown potential like anyone of the lower league managers that has had success, to prove himself with us. Just like we had with JG or Brian Little. Whether that man is Dean Smith or Dick Knobson I don't know. But there is better alternatives than Bruce. This just tells me Round has no idea what he's doing.

I really don't understand what you're talking about here!! Over the head . Firstly a "lazy" appointment would be keeping hold of Clarke and not changing anything at all, not getting in a man who's possibly got one of the greatest records of any manager who has had an extended period in that division. Secondly we already gambled on young talent when we appointed Sherwood, Garde and RDM, how many more times do we have to get burnt before we learn that experience is the only thing that will truly settle this club? And no, not "any half decent manager" is gonna do this job because we had a manager who had won the champions league, FA cup and also got promoted with the baggies and he turned out to be a dud. IMO it's better to sway on the side of caution this time rather than throw mud at the wall again in the hope that it will stick.

How things change, who would have thought things would turn out the way they have, very frustrating
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:39 pm

De Kuip wrote:I'm with 4 bet. Steve Bruce is meh.  He's not "The one" he''s more like "The One Show" He's vanilla, he's bang average, he's blander than a Marks and Spencer jumper. If he entered a competition for "Blandest Manager" he'd come 4th......not even an interesting finishing position.

Feck me, I settle for even getting near bland.......
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next