The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

THE CASE FOR STEVE BRUCE

+16
NARLA24
shanghaivilla
worcesterkev
WendyOz
smetro
Fpuppys
Boldfinger
Saunders82
KMitch
deadbuzzardalive
Villa_Dan
The Utterer
George
Trotters
DelboyVilla
Cha Ching
20 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

THE CASE FOR STEVE BRUCE - Page 2 Empty Re: THE CASE FOR STEVE BRUCE

Post by Guest Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:12 pm

Trotters wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:Actually according to an interview I just read with Bruce he doesn't have a spesific tactic. Much like Clough he thinks tactics are hugely irrelevant

Copy and paste?

I'll see if I find it later. On the couch watching Broadchurch

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:15 pm

Joppe84 wrote:I think we do know. More or less all the managers we were linked with along with RDM prefers 4231. It's obvious he's been on board with our manager hunt. It's also been in the media that Round's role was to determine our style of play so we could switch managers, but keep the same playing staff. The managers Round has served with before, like Moyes and Mclaren also play 4231.

Whether Bruce was and is available is hugely irrelevant. We shouldn't even hire managers cause they are available. They are available for a reason. No wonder we always suck

If it was a lazy appointment then why hasn't he already signed up like Warnock did with Cardiff? They are going through a process and I hope they are going to make the best decision for the club? I don't know if you know better than the rest of us but where are these gems of managers in the lower leagues? RDM being a fuckwit has caused a huge change of plan and you need to adapt to the circumstances and be flexible enough to cope with any hurdles? OK Bruce is not ideal in anyone's books but his record speaks for it's self?

And on your logic the signing of McCormack, Kodjia, Adamoh, Chester, DeLaet and Elphick were all lazy because they were a success in this league before?

We are fortunate that Potato Head is out of work? He isn't unemployed because he is shit but because he didn't want to work with the owners son! Get your facts right!
DelboyVilla

THE CASE FOR STEVE BRUCE - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:18 pm

Trotters wrote:The case AGAINST Steve Bruce...

THE CASE FOR STEVE BRUCE - Page 2 Img_2014
Holy fuck I've actually just punched my phone......
De Kuip
De Kuip

THE CASE FOR STEVE BRUCE - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:24 pm

I just don't want him and can only hope that if he comes, the very fact that a lot do not want him, will drive him on harder then ever before.

I would like nothing more then to be proved wrong, but, the appointment would be like accepting that we no longer have the potential to get back to where we should be and its OK to be like the baggies, sunderland etc etc............. I would hate that!

Surely to fvck, we can do better. The fact that he is logically the right candidate to manage our great club at this time, depresses me.

The sacking of RDM and the potential appointment of bruce means that XIA and the board have thrown the 2 year promotion plan out of the window and want promotion this year. I'm hoping for a best case scenario of........ bruce comes in does the business and puts us in a position to be able to attract an A list manager as bruce cannot possibly be in XIA's future plans to get us into champions league.

I'ts probably the wrong thing to do but I'd rather stick to the 2 year plan and appoint and support a manager through the tough start and get things right for the longterm.

To me bruce is like when you have a 15 year old car that is due for its MOT, you just do what you gotta do to get it through and then repeat next year, spend the money now and buy a newer car I say!

THE CASE FOR STEVE BRUCE - Page 2 Bruce10
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:26 pm

De Kuip wrote:
Trotters wrote:The case AGAINST Steve Bruce...

THE CASE FOR STEVE BRUCE - Page 2 Img_2014
Holy fuck I've actually just punched my phone......

lol! lol!
Trotters
Trotters

THE CASE FOR STEVE BRUCE - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:33 pm

Warming to the idea of Bruce, but still got a feeling it's going to be someone else. Whoever it is, until they've managed us for a number of games, I'll reserve judgement.
deadbuzzardalive

THE CASE FOR STEVE BRUCE - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:37 pm

I've always kind of liked Steve Bruce. His transfer record overall has been pretty good and he's probably the most experienced guy we could get, besides Fat Sam. That said, we would be the biggest club he's ever managed with, on paper, the best squad and potentially the biggest transfer budget he's ever had before.
KMitch
KMitch

THE CASE FOR STEVE BRUCE - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:45 pm

Ian Atkins has joined us from Everton. Has worked with Bruce at Sunderland and sha.

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/ian-atkins-45b60527
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:52 pm

KMitch wrote:His transfer record overall has been pretty good  

I utterly disagree. He's fecking awful in the transfer market. With the exception of Scott Dann and Darren Bent, everything else he's touched has been utter turds.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/steve-bruce/spielertransfers/trainer/447/plus/1?station_id=

He's woeful.

Last edited by Joppe84 on Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:00 pm

His transfer record can't be that bad considering for the most part he's done a decent job wherever he's been. I mean if it was so bad, then surely he wouldn't have gotten any of the teams he's managed promoted, or taken teams like sha, Wigan and Sunderland to midtable finishes.

To achieve what he's achieved somewhere along the lines, he must have signed some decent players.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:31 pm

I'm with 4 bet. Steve Bruce is meh.  He's not "The one" he''s more like "The One Show" He's vanilla, he's bang average, he's blander than a Marks and Spencer jumper. If he entered a competition for "Blandest Manager" he'd come 4th......not even an interesting finishing position.
De Kuip
De Kuip

THE CASE FOR STEVE BRUCE - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:40 pm

AstonThriller wrote:
Cha Ching wrote:You're knocking this manager search out of the park. Another great post on the subject and you make a very good case for Bruce there. The fact that he has had more experience than all of our previous four managers combined is important. It will be interesting to see how our owner will back him and who he thinks we need in January.

Cheers. When one looks deep into his record you actually see a manager who has been remarkably consistent. In the championship he gets teams competing for promotion and in the premiership he's usually finished in midtable. All this without being at a top club with decent funds to play with.

I think the telling points for me are he has never had the potential financial backing he could get at Villa, we have some good players and some useful youngsters coming through, if he can get them firing & add to them in January who knows where we can end up, with some of the others mentioned we all where we could end up and its not a nice thought, and as he says he was at the Blues 10 years back, lol!
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:52 pm

If it is indeed Bruce then during his first interview if her were to make a couple of slight digs at blues then I am sure all fans would want him, especially if we then went and beat them.
At the moment he is the right manager at the right place at the right time.
He is not 'the special one' but he will make us hard to beat, build from the back and has the know-how to get out of this league.
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:58 pm

Lambert was seen as an exciting appointment because of what he achieved at Norwich, some were excited by Sherwood because of his outgoing personality and that he did pretty well at Spurs, Garde was seen as an exciting appointment by many as was Di Matteo.

The point is fans have been excited about previous appointments and things haven't turned out well, so it's not really a good indicator as to how things will pan out.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:59 pm

No but it's good to have fans on side
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:04 pm

He's a potato on top of a beach ball on top of 2 sheesh kebabs............ I rest my case.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:11 pm

Fans will be onside if he gets us winning games, same with any manager. I'm still not actually convinced that it's definitely going to be him. Didn't particularly want him, but won't be overly disappointed if it is him, just have to wait and see how he does.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:17 pm

trust me, if he comes and we are shit but keep climbing the table, his first burger is on me.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:27 pm

When Ron Saunders was appointed my opinion was meh not the man we needed, but over time I had to eat my words it heralded one of our most successful era's, during his time our team wasn't particularly flamboyant, we were hard working most of the time, we won matches, we won cups, we won leagues, other teams did not like to play us, we could hold our heads high. I'm sure you will all agree he was our best post war manager, so lets give Brucie or anyone who gets the job our total backing. THE CASE FOR STEVE BRUCE - Page 2 1520050566 THE CASE FOR STEVE BRUCE - Page 2 1520050566
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:32 pm

De Kuip wrote:I'm with 4 bet. Steve Bruce is meh.  He's not "The one" he''s more like "The One Show" He's vanilla, he's bang average, he's blander than a Marks and Spencer jumper. If he entered a competition for "Blandest Manager" he'd come 4th......not even an interesting finishing position.

Not keen on the idea off opposition fans calling us Aston Vanilla and totally agree that he is "Bang Average". I don't want him at the club and never have but I can also see Aston Thriller excellent post points, I'm pretty sure he will get the job and the fact that Ian Atkins has joined Villa could well indicate this, I've been a Villa fan for 44 years, seen some good managers and some dire one's, Only time will tell if he's the Latter.
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:35 pm

Doesn't matter who we get, we will all get behind them. If its bruce, he immediately becomes one of us and Ill support him for sure.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:40 pm

Joppe84 wrote:

I utterly disagree. He's fecking awful in the transfer market. With the exception of Scott Dann and Darren Bent, everything else he's touched has been utter turds.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/steve-bruce/spielertransfers/trainer/447/plus/1?station_id=

He's woeful.

And yet somehow, some way, he's achieved a RECORD four promotions!! THE CASE FOR STEVE BRUCE - Page 2 498107619
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

THE CASE FOR STEVE BRUCE - Page 2 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:43 pm

I know it's hard to differentiate. But there's such things as motivating players.

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:44 pm

Joppe84 wrote:I think we do know. More or less all the managers we were linked with along with RDM prefers 4231. It's obvious he's been on board with our manager hunt. It's also been in the media that Round's role was to determine our style of play so we could switch managers, but keep the same playing staff. The managers Round has served with before, like Moyes and Mclaren also play 4231.

Whether Bruce was and is available is hugely irrelevant. We shouldn't even hire managers cause they are available. They are available for a reason. No wonder we always suck

Lets not get bogged down with formations please, what we need is direction, teamwork & concentration, if Brucie gives us those then bring it on for me. THE CASE FOR STEVE BRUCE - Page 2 1520050566
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:45 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:His transfer record can't be that bad considering for the most part he's done a decent job wherever he's been. I mean if it was so bad, then surely he wouldn't have gotten any of the teams he's managed promoted, or taken teams like sha, Wigan and Sunderland to midtable finishes.

To achieve what he's achieved somewhere along the lines, he must have signed some decent players.

Imo It's merely an attempt to distort the man's record. Nothing more, nothing less.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

THE CASE FOR STEVE BRUCE - Page 2 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next