The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Aston Villa Vs Newcastle Match Thread

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Aston Villa Vs Newcastle Match Thread

Post by Saunders82 on Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:58 pm

Looks like I was wrong there is no change, Well at least we got it in the net
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 on Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:01 pm

When you see Westwood passing to Bacuna on the edge of the box you know were in the sh*t
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 on Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:03 pm

When Ayew wants to play hes a different player, I thought that was in
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by Joppe84 on Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:04 pm

Sums us up though. It's like the club is cursed.
Joppe84

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 on Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:13 pm

This ref is giving us nothing
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming on Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:15 pm

Sack RDM. Give SC a go. It cannot be any worse.

big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 on Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:18 pm

BOOM
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by Joppe84 on Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:20 pm

This fucking ref. What the actual fuck
Joppe84

Back to top Go down

Post by Joppe84 on Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:21 pm

That's a second yellow on Shelvey.
Joppe84

Back to top Go down

Post by Con on Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:23 pm

Hit post, goal ruled offside, Tshibola knocked off ball in penalty area in shooting position and was booked.

looks like Tshibola got a goal anyway on 89'.
Con

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip on Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:25 pm

And unless injured grealish should have started. I literally don't care about his partying - we simply don't have the luxury of punishment by omission. Our squad is already as thin as tinker''s tarmac, and half of what's available is dogshit
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Con on Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:27 pm

De Kuip wrote:And unless injured grealish should have started. I literally don't care about his partying - we simply don't have the luxury of punishment by omission. Our squad is already as thin as tinker''s tarmac, and half of what's available is dogshit

to be fair he's not going to be the next Gareth Bale with his current behaviour. Bale was always the ultimate professional. if Grealish cannot be more professional he will be worth very little to us even when he gets good.
Con

Back to top Go down

Post by Joppe84 on Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:27 pm

Tshibola needs to be ever present in our side.

Murphy deserves more minutes as well. His energy and pace is something we really need.
Joppe84

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 on Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:31 pm

Wowza, we just mugged 2 points off Newcastle. Yet again a largely unfathomable game of peaks and troughs with a lot more of the latter but fuck me at least we got a point however undeserved.

3 days to our next game and the shit list needs to be read loud and clear to the majority of our jokers after that.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head on Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:34 pm

Yet another game where we don't win but we're not losing either - I can't get my head around tbh.
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Joppe84 on Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:34 pm

Con wrote:
De Kuip wrote:And unless injured grealish should have started. I literally don't care about his partying - we simply don't have the luxury of punishment by omission. Our squad is already as thin as tinker''s tarmac, and half of what's available is dogshit

to be fair he's not going to be the next Gareth Bale with his current behaviour. Bale was always the ultimate professional. if Grealish cannot be more professional he will be worth very little to us even when he gets good.

I think Grealish and Ayew are the same shite of footballers. They are good players, but highly ineffective. They stand around move 2 yards up and 3 yards back, they do a flick or something and they nearly lose the ball. It all looks fancy enough, but what's effective football is getting the ball wide. Run to the byline. Cross it in and create some pressure. It not only takes away all the breaks and counter attacks on us, but it utilizes the size of Gestede and Kodjia much more.

We need to figure out what type of football we want to play and it has to be more direct. Faster, more cynical and way more effective. The amount of times I see a winger (Adomah or Amavi today) stand utterly alone asking for the ball only for us to move it back and side to side before we either lose it or pass it out wide WAY too late, so the pace Adomah or Amavi had was all gone. Just absolutely astounding that professional footballers can be so fucking stupid.
Joppe84

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 on Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:37 pm

Dions_Bald_Head wrote:Yet another game where we don't win but we're not losing either - I can't get my head around tbh.
If Ayews shot had not hit the post and gone in we would all be euphoric now. Things will take a turn for the better. Grealish needs to start imv.
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Joppe84 on Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:40 pm

NARLA24 wrote:
Dions_Bald_Head wrote:Yet another game where we don't win but we're not losing either - I can't get my head around tbh.
If Ayews shot had not hit the post and gone in we would all be euphoric now. Things will take a turn for the better. Grealish needs to start imv.

I think Grealish, Ayew and McCormack on the pitch at the same time is a huge problem for us. They are all moving in centrally. Gives us zero widt and makes us vulnerable to counter attacks when we ultimately lose the balls due to Ayew thinking he is Maradona.
Joppe84

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip on Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:42 pm

Con/Joppe totally understand your feelings about grealish but I think he can do a job and at times (well, against Rotherham) I looked down from the Holte and thought his interplay with Mac looked really encouraging. Accept he needs to do more but I do think opposition teams fear him.
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Joppe84 on Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:44 pm

If he has to play it's got to be a 442 and something like this:    

-----------Kodjia/Gestede - McCormack
Ayew/Grealish-------------------Adomah/Murphy

It offers one side that favours inside and one side that can hold width. It also enables us to use McCormack as a striker.
Joppe84

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 on Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:54 pm

Joppe84 wrote:

Murphy deserves more minutes as well. His energy and pace is something we really need.

How was that not a foul when he picked up the ball on the run in the middle and was away, the barcode just bumped into his back knocking him over, terrible refereeing for me along with lots of other times, but why oh why can't we play like we did in the last 20 minutes ALL the time.
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys on Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:58 pm

It looks like a team that's gone from not winning to a team that can't win! Not really as disappoint as some of you, but I agree with Joppe again 442 would have got us a win.

Still time to average out the 2 points a game we need to win this league, but dropping points at home is costly.
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by Joppe84 on Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:16 pm

Saunders82 wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:

How was that not a foul when he picked up the ball on the run in the middle and was away, the barcode just bumped into his back knocking him over, terrible refereeing for me along with lots of other times, but why oh why can't we play like we did in the last 20 minutes ALL the time.  

Very true. The referee was feckin woeful.

The amount of times they kicked the ball away after fouling us without getting cards for it. Or the fact that Shelvey should have been off with a second yellow.
Joppe84

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller on Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:21 pm

The blessing to come out of this game is that RDM might finally be understanding that 442 or 433 is the way to go now. In the system he started with today we pretty much only had three attackers on the field in Ayew, Kodjia and Adomah. With 442 it allows us to have four potential goal getters on the pitch and gives us much more balance. Really happy with Tish got the goal too as goals from midfield are a massive problem we've had for years now.

We have to hope that this is a turning point for us now. Yes it was only a point but this is a Newcastle side that have been turning over teams like QPR 6-0. Today we had no Grealish or Mccormack either who have contributed four of the nine goals we've scored this season, plus two assists.

If RDM learns from the second half where tbh we had them on the ropes for a lot of it, then we will hopefully start winning games real soon. We've learnt how to be hard to beat, now we've got to learn how to win games.

Last edited by AstonThriller on Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan on Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:54 pm

Didn't make this game as I'm on holiday and couldn't watch it as where I am is so rural Italy that they don't speak English let alone have sky sports!

Match report makes it sound like (again) we rode our luck and could've been 3 or 4 down with a decent 30 minute spell (this time at the end). Happy for Tish but RDM needs an amazing win midweek to convince me he deserves more than 10 games in charge
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum