The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Villa v Brentford match thread

+31
thegaffer6
UnclePanda
CoE82
Dions_Bald_Head
Cha Ching
De Kuip
gaffer85
smetro
1Elliot
DelboyVilla
Boldfinger
Jae1411
deadbuzzardalive
Fpuppys
Army villain
FoxyAV
Barabass
nickf21
Wriggle
Dazzle
avfc forever
andrew24561
Saunders82
danclare82
Thinman
mefromhere
The Utterer
AstonThriller
NARLA24
Villa_Dan
Trotters
35 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Your predictions please....

Villa v Brentford match thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap74%Villa v Brentford match thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 74% 
[ 20 ]
Villa v Brentford match thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap7%Villa v Brentford match thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 7% 
[ 2 ]
Villa v Brentford match thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap11%Villa v Brentford match thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 11% 
[ 3 ]
Villa v Brentford match thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap4%Villa v Brentford match thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
Villa v Brentford match thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap4%Villa v Brentford match thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 27

Villa v Brentford match thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Villa v Brentford match thread

Post by Guest Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:26 pm

Trotters wrote:For real? Someone said THAT?!?!?!

Last edited by jimbop on Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Villa v Brentford match thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Villa v Brentford match thread

Post by Guest Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:27 pm

Trotters wrote:For real? Someone said THAT?!?!?!

yes mate, not on here, from the bham mail. dick heads like that I was talking about in my last post, that sort of negativity for a club that's more or less trying to rebuild will do us no favours at all. its early days and the signs are there, I will put a lot of money on it that things will change very soon and we will become a force once more.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:29 pm

I've seen 2 minute highlights and he did look outstanding. I said it earlier that maybe we've replaced The Beast.
Trotters
Trotters

Villa v Brentford match thread - Page 7 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:31 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:Where was that said? They can't have seen the game last night at all as Kodjia was quality

this is my point, we don't need people like that in the stadium. everyone comments that when villa park is rocking its rocking, the players feel it and it drives them on. so when the 12th man are calling for RDM's head after a DRAW and only 7 games in what will that do to the team?? many many times our fans amaze me at the support they show at away games, the huge numbers that travel and the non stop signing but they also embarrass me massively at home.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:32 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:Where was that said? They can't have seen the game last night at all as Kodjia was quality

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:43 pm

jimbop wrote:

this is my point, we don't need people like that in the stadium.  everyone comments that when villa park is rocking its rocking, the players feel it and it drives them on. so when the 12th man are calling for RDM's head after a DRAW and only 7 games in what will that do to the team??  many many times our fans amaze me at the support they show at away games, the huge numbers that travel and the non stop signing but they also embarrass me massively at home.

And I will say it again - the fans last night were immense. All 2nd half encouraging them on and trying to get them to push out and put pressure on. You're writing them over because SOME booed AT THE END! During the 90mins of football they were entirely behind the lads.

Anyone at the game will tell you that.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Villa v Brentford match thread - Page 7 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:44 pm

another one here "@Dr_TonyXia you need to sack Roberto di Matteo as soon as you are back from your moon ... Villa fans are calling for his sacking already" embarrassing.

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:00 pm

jimbop wrote:another one here "@Dr_TonyXia you need to sack Roberto di Matteo as soon as you are back from your moon ... Villa fans are calling for his sacking already"  embarrassing.

He asked the question what can you expect?

I don't advocate sacking him now but RDM needs to wise up to the tactical mistakes quickly IMO. There are no points for style only results and to make the same errors over and over (OK it's only 7 games) is not excusable. We have the side somewhere amongst these players to get out this league first time and yes there is a lot of games to go but they come round thick and fast. Xia has given RDM the tools he needs to find the way to use them effectively!
DelboyVilla

Villa v Brentford match thread - Page 7 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:21 pm

DelboyVilla wrote:
jimbop wrote:another one here "@Dr_TonyXia you need to sack Roberto di Matteo as soon as you are back from your moon ... Villa fans are calling for his sacking already"  embarrassing.

He asked the question what can you expect?

I don't advocate sacking him now but RDM needs to wise up to the tactical mistakes quickly IMO. There are no points for style only results and to make the same errors over and over (OK it's only 7 games) is not excusable. We have the side somewhere amongst these players to get out this league first time and yes there is a lot of games to go but they come round thick and fast. Xia has given RDM the tools he needs to find the way to use them effectively!

what you mean he asked the question?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:22 pm

at last I found someone talking sense, spot on this is imo"How can people be so stupid as to blame RDM and call for his head. With the state we were in we're lucky to have such an accomplished manager. A lot of the problems stem from confidence, that is clear by how many points we have squandered from winning positions. The players need to start stepping up and not bottling it when we are 1 up with 10 minutes to play. It's an all to predictable theme these days. I mean, are these people honestly trying to tell me that RDM told Cissokho to go wandering off last night. Where was he when their goal went in? It's the whole mentality that needs to change, the supporters also need to adhere to this, as a nervous atmosphere can transcend onto the pitch. WE NEED TO STICK TOGETHER NOT START SQUABBLING WHEN THINGS GET TOUGH. FANS INCLUDED

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:25 pm

I didn't see anyone squabbling last night. The fans were encouraging the players to push out and pressure Brentford.

Honestly, I'm wondering if 90% of the people who are talking about the fans bothered turning up last night or just read Facebook/Twitter and decide from there
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:33 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:I didn't see anyone squabbling last night. The fans were encouraging the players to push out and pressure Brentford.

Honestly, I'm wondering if 90% of the people who are talking about the fans bothered turning up last night or just read Facebook/Twitter and decide from there

I didn't make the game as I look after my son until 8pm most week nights, (as soon as those little legs walk hes coming with) although I love villa they don't even come into it when my son is concerned but that doesn't mean I wasn't BOTHERED to turn up. I'm reading reports from the game and also comments from so called fans about the booing, sack RDM etc. and quotes like"Has anyone found Kodjia yet after he went missing after scoring his goal? #avfc . so no I wasn't at the game but that doesn't mean I don't know anything about it, I had plenty of friends that went.

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:39 pm

Well I was there:

The booing lasted a matter of seconds then died down, and wasn't close to being the majority.

The fans were absolutely behind the team and were supporting them for the entire 90mins.

Kodjia was quality and a threat throughout (he was a sugarbags hair off a 2nd goal when we hit them on the break 2nd half).

The only time people started calling for RDM to be sacked was after the game on Facebook and Twitter. Not at the game. At all.

I'm getting fucking fed up of seeing fans acting like the supporters at the game turned entirely on the players and laid into them.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:27 pm

Absolute forehead on Facebook repeating himself over and over that RDM signed "pure shyte" and only 1 good player.

How I'd love to drown that fucktard in a puddle of his own piss
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:31 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:Absolute forehead on Facebook repeating himself over and over that RDM signed "pure shyte" and only 1 good player.

How I'd love to drown that fucktard in a puddle of his own piss

me too

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:53 pm

jimbop wrote:
DelboyVilla wrote:
jimbop wrote:
Dazzle wrote:
jimbop wrote:
Trotters wrote:No we don't know what was said at HT but we can only go on consistently disappointing 2nd half performances and conclude that something is going horribly wrong at half time.

Either the opposition manager susses us out.
Our players panic due to crowd anxiety.
The fitness levels are so poor that we fall apart.
Or the manager sends them out with alternative plans to the 1st half.

one thing is for sure, the crowd will loose us more points than the team. they have already started, fockin shockin if you ask me, the booe's for a DRAW was shocking.  if there is one thing I hate about being a villa fan is some of the fans, its a whole new club from to bottom and the booes are already ringing out, after a DRAW.  how the fock will that help the team??? its beyond belief sometimes

What a head in arse comment this is. The Villa crowd will lose more points than the actual team/manager, you say? I'll use your term, fockin ridiculous. You've probably got an excuse for Hitlers actions tucked away somewhere!

I have my opinion, a team will not be motivated by being booed, that's a fact not an opinion. "I'll use your term, fockin ridiculous" I didn't use that term.

Ahhh diddums. The poor little fellas are only on 1m a year? I wouldn't get out of bed for that! And if someone booed me well I would scream and scream until I was sick!!! Maybe they are scared of that nasty man Dr Xia who shouts when we throw away leads? Anyone would think he paid their wages?
Let's not be totally pathetic as we had enough of this bullshit last year?

If they get upset by booing then go be a librarian? Or play in Greece!

The massive changes have supposed to be improvements?

People may be getting annoyed because the same mistake is made over and over?

The people who think this is a difficult job are deluded and just looking for an excuse for piss poor performance (just like last year). It is a conveninent excuse to put in zero effort.

7 games.

7 excuses.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Villa v Brentford match thread - Page 7 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:24 pm

We have to be realistic, after 5 years of almighty shite it is going to take us time, we have practically a new starting line-up and have had less time to gel as other teams. It is extremely frustrating but we have to stick with it, we can't just keep firing managers and staff over and over it will get us nowhere. I must admit it is slightly annoying that we are still playing players in positions they are not strongest at and when at home we need more width to break teams down. I'm hoping Adomah will have a stormer and cement a place out of Ayew, McCormack, Gestede and Kodjia someone needs to be dropped to make our team balanced and not just trying to fit all our attackers in.
avfc85
avfc85

Back to top Go down

Post by Army villain Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:04 pm

Agree with avfc85 to soon calling for the manager head after 7 games.
Let's see how the manager sets up the next few games.
UTV.
Army villain
Army villain

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:38 pm

I was there - as always - and for me the booing at the end was purely out of frustration and done more in annoyance rather than at RDM or any players.
Social media loonies are making something out of nothing.
It is way too soon to be passing judgement on anyone, yes we all want more but I am 100% sure we will come good.
Let's give another 7 games then have another look ?
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:42 pm

I was there too last night, the supporters were fully behind the team for the entire game, a minority (not me) booed at the end & that was purely down to Villa going missing after scoring a wonderful goal.
IMO Dr X has put his money where his mouth is & its now down to RDM to organise a winning team.
Kodija was our best player by a country mile last night, when he was allowed to turn & run at them he gave them all sorts of bother.
I have been calling out for 442 for sometime  & I think that's how we lined up last night, it was refreshing seeing a right footer with pace playing wide & taking his man on.
Ayew on the other side was pi55 poor & seeing Amavi for 45mins showed me why RDM isn't starting him, he is well off the pace.
The least Brentford deserved last night was a draw, Smith outthought RDM last night & their ginger kid in the centre of the park was MOTM.
I don't really care about promotion this season, i'm enjoying going to the game expecting to win again, but agree or not RDM is already under pressure, I cannot see DR X suffering fools for long, RDM gas been given the tools, its down to him, that's what he gets paid for.
Its not gonna get any easier either, Ipswich have always been a bogey team for us, in the year we beat them to the league championship, they beat us three times that year, at least its Newcastle at home after them, winding the Geordies up is always good fun.
I only expect 2pts from the next two games & anyone who thought we would stroll this division are deluded, we are NOT going to challenge for promotion this year.
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:49 pm

I agree that it is now down to RDM and we should start to see improvement or he will be under question from the doc.
I disagree about promotion though, it is way too early to right us off and every team in this league will go on winning streaks and losing streaks. We are just finding our feet and will go from strength to strength - I'm using all my birthday and Xmas wishes that we beat blues in the playoff final.
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:07 pm

It's hard to fathom how an Italian manager can't farm out 1-0 wins. It's basically their entire football philosophy

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:15 pm

Boldfinger wrote:I was there - as always - and for me the booing at the end was purely out of frustration and done more in annoyance rather than at RDM or any players.
Social media loonies are making something out of nothing.
It is way too soon to be passing judgement on anyone, yes we all want more but I am 100% sure we will come good.
Let's give another 7 games then have another look ?

Agree entirely with the 1st point. The booing barely lasted and has been blown out of proportion.

I'm still on judging him after 3 more games though
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:42 pm

I've read a lot of comments now about how their ginger midfielder was running the show. That just makes it even more impossible to understand why RDM didn't pack down the midfield more.

He said in the previous game that Jedi didn't get 10 minutes at the end because he wasn't fit. Then why the fuck have him on the bench????

Is he trying to change world footballing strategy but having four strikers and no midfield? Is he hoping to watch his grandkids play mini football in a 4-2-4 formation and say "I invented that"? Because it's shit! It's not working.

It might with pure wingers who can actually track back and put their foot in when needed but for me he simply HAS to try a different formation. And stop shoe-horning all our strikers into the starting XI.

Has he become too buddy-buddy with them to drop them?
Trotters
Trotters

Villa v Brentford match thread - Page 7 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:46 pm

For me last night I think the booing was aimed at the ref for allowing Jedinak to have his head kicked off just before they scored and then penalising us every time it happened again until the end of the game.

There was clear frustration at conceding late, again.

There was a strange atmosphere at the ground last night though ... all pre game and up until we scored there was great optimism and support and as soon as the goal went in you could almost feel 30,000 people thinking 'we still won't win'.

And I don't know what the answer is to that other than the team holding on to win a few games in a row. And it needs to happen soon!
mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next