The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Refereeing body raises eyebrows

+5
WendyOz
Trotters
nickf21
The Utterer
Saunders82
9 posters

Go down

Refereeing body raises eyebrows  Empty Refereeing body raises eyebrows

Post by Trotters Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:14 am

Trotters
Trotters

Refereeing body raises eyebrows  5_star13

Back to top Go down

Refereeing body raises eyebrows  Empty Re: Refereeing body raises eyebrows

Post by Saunders82 Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:28 am

I don't really like the way the comment went but you can see in the way the rules are laid out if an incident like that is missed and the TV pick it up so that everyone can see it, then there has to be a way to punish it. I think the only way is the instant TV 4th official, lots of the big sports have it and they have NO problems its dealt with and done. Refereeing body raises eyebrows  1306727784
Saunders82
Saunders82

Refereeing body raises eyebrows  2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:33 am

I'm a fan of holding the game up for the big decisions. With each place in the league worth millions I'm surprised the PL at least haven't trialled it. Goal lime tech is a great start but I think any goal where there's an argument to be had for offside should be reviewed. Only takes a few seconds and certainly no longer than a goal celebration and restart.

Also any penalty decisions brought about by diving little bastards.

Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:29 pm

To be honest the dogyness of referee's and linesmen is a HUGE bugbear of mine so please don't get me started Laughing I actually started quite a deep study of the Premier League a few years back and it was startling what started to become apparent and just how biased yet "hidden from plain sight" was the favoritism shown to certain clubs.
The Utterer
The Utterer

Refereeing body raises eyebrows  3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:26 pm

**cough** Phil Dowd **cough**

Ferguson, the purple nosed pick, had shocking sway over the refs.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:29 am

Absolutely Trotters, shocking state of affairs, i said to a very good and hardcore Man U supporting friend of mine that if you removed Fergie from Man Utd and the Fergie "Benefits" were removed, Man U would struggle to get in the top four! He laughed at me and said it was rubbish... He now doesn't mention it!

Now i know Fergie was a strong manager but for me you could add at least 10 to 20 points onto Utd's points tally due to dodgy decisions under him.

When he left those decisions levelled out a bit but it still effectively wiped off a bunch of points resulting in them immediately dropping despite having a similar team.

Obviously you could easily put it down to Moyes being poor or whatever but there was more to it.... suddenly Utd were not getting the "rub of the green"
and there was nothing Moyes could do about that.

It happened to Chelsea too!.. Under Mourinho the last time they won the title they had shocking decisions going for them... against us a couple of times and even worse against the Baggies and a few others..it was so blatant it was embarrassing. The year after though it was like that changed and for some mysterious reason they were not getting the decisions in the same way..almost as though he had right peed someone off or something and look what happened to them, fighting relegation the following year for a good while! That is the impact these decisions have over the course of a season! It's huge!

Of course it's so easy to hide behind all the old excuses though and so it goes on!

I would actually say it appeared to balance out last season, ( & look what happened! Leicester won the title!! ) Maybe that was a knock on effect to all the goings on a FIFA? Maybe someone was rattled? So decided they'd better play it on the level until the heat was off?

Who knows and of course it starts to fall into the realms of "conspiracy theories" but if that's the case, you explain Fergie time! Explain Phil Dowd's performance in that cup final against... yes of course..Man U!

Explain why you've got a top official going public saying he was "leant on" as in the article above!

I could go on but i won't! Laughing
The Utterer
The Utterer

Refereeing body raises eyebrows  3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by nickf21 Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:22 pm

The Utterer - that's a great post.

Ive always been a believer in no technology (controversial, but bear with me)
Refereeing decision are part of the game, its what we talk about afterwards, its also part of our history (1996 or Henry's handball depending on which side of the Irish sea you are)

While it would be great to have qualified or great to know that the ball crossed the line - its the debate and the memory that live longer.

I don't necessarily believe in conspiracy theories - and ive always hoped that the "even itself out" rule did apply. But Utterer does make great points.

Football is of course all about money. Its why FFP was introduced to protect the top clubs, its why the qualification for CL is always biased, its why there is a vested interested in certain clubs to perform well..... Maybe its also the reason why technology that has been embraced by so many other sports (cricket, rugby, even GAA!) has not been embraced by soccer.

Are you seriously telling me that no-one has every had a quiet word in the ear of a ref? (maybe after a game?)
Whats so bad about a ref going in front of the cameras and actually admitting it was a mistake?
Ive never understood why referees are so protected. That in itself has always led me to be suspicious.

Technology would certainly rid the game of suspicions. so maybe my opinion needs to change.
nickf21

Refereeing body raises eyebrows  0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:42 pm

What are the top clubs worth these days? Compare that to other big business who can and will do anything to protect their income streams; from playing nice with policiticans to ensuring that they have the best lawyers to ensure the law favours them.

Ensuring that a referee knows he'll never set foot in a place like Old Trafford again thus limiting his career opportunities was only the tip of the iceberg I think.

Such clubs can and will do everything in their power to continue thier dominance in the game. And the only real way to remove any suggestion of match-fixing (at least when it comes to the match day officials) is to have transparent video replays.

Yes, it kills off a time-honoured tradition as you said, @nickf21. But money has killed off so much of what football is about already: kits are ruined by sponsorship logos, stadiums have been renamed, players have zero loyalty and referees are subjected to outside pressures that they shouldn't be subjected to.

It would take next to no effort and no funds to implement a video referee as the TV cameras catch everything already....it just needs the 4th offical to review it.

But that would sort out offsides goals and diving players. It won't sort out the kind of bollocks we saw from Phil Dowd who flat refused to send a player off because he played in red.

But what would help is, again as @nickf21 suggested, that the referees be duty-bound to go on camera after the game and explain their decisions.

I wouldn't even object to a live running of that as they're already wired for sound. It happens in rugby and American football. Let's hear the bloke broadcast his thinking throughout the stadium.

Fuck me, referees like Clatenburg would love that, I reckon....not only seen but heard as well. Laughing
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by WendyOz Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:16 am

Ah but Clattenbburg is a Geordie - we wouldn't understand him even if he was wired!! Refereeing body raises eyebrows  1f633 .
I love the American football for that very reason. Easy to pick up the rules if someone is explaining it.
WendyOz
WendyOz

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:47 am

I believe that there is a trail going on in Spain,  there i a 5th offiial that can re run video  and the ref can have an almost instant replay of the incident.  
But we all know that it will take an age to finally get this in. Look at the goal line technology introduction.  
On another note I have always thought refs were bloody biast, just look at the penalty shouts that have NOT BEEN SEEN. UTV.
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:54 am

I've said it before and I'll say it again, anyone who thinks there isn't corruption in the premier league must be mother Theresa. As with most things in life, follow the money..........and there's plenty of it in the EPL. That's why they refuse to embrace TV technology, they know full well that it'll expose what's gone before.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:02 am

Completely with you Dazzle , the john terry hand ball in the penalty area the United game at wembley where tthe refs "did not see the incident" it has to be on the fiddle.   Refereeing body raises eyebrows  1715320296 Refereeing body raises eyebrows  1715320296
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:46 am

WendyOz wrote:Ah but Clattenbburg is a Geordie - we wouldn't understand him even if he was wired!!  Refereeing body raises eyebrows  1f633 .
I love the American football for that very reason. Easy to pick up the rules if someone is explaining it.

"Red card fa Tony Xia. He's entered tha playin' area wi a look of fury on his face an' proceeded ta mess wi me beautiful hair, like".
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Con Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:12 am

Corruption in football?

Nevertheless, Durica – Skrtel's central defensive partner – has made the startling accusation that Sunday night's encounter was rigged while also claiming there is a wider conspiracy to ensure England qualify out of Group F.

'There is only one place at the World Cup. Why should Slovakia go there when we have England in the group?,' said Durica.

'Of course, they will always prefer the stronger team. Probably, the referee exactly knew how to do it.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3775082/Slovakia-defender-Jan-Durica-claims-England-s-World-Cup-qualifying-win-fixed.html#ixzz4JSugHldx
Con
Con

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:26 am

The fact that certain clubs at the top end of the league have board members who happen to also occupy positions within Soho House is a clear conflict of interest and creates obvious bias/corruption. But nothing will change as long as it is those people making the decisions
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Refereeing body raises eyebrows  4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down