The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Villa v Forest: match thread.

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Your predictions please,,,

42% 42% 
[ 10 ]
38% 38% 
[ 9 ]
4% 4% 
[ 1 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
8% 8% 
[ 2 ]
8% 8% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 24

Re: Villa v Forest: match thread.

Post by FoxyAV on Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:53 am

@Trotters wrote:That Terence Trent D'Arby looking bloke figured out in pretty quick time that Westwood was shit and that there was no real evidence of a midfield to stop him. Yes, it was still an amazing run but fact remains that he thought it was on....so why didn't RDM see it?

This. Someone else pointed out earlier that Sherwood did the same thing against Leicester.

Xia has pumped in too much money to watch it all pissed up the wall by incorrect manager decisions that turn three points into one or none. Bearing in mind we're starting the season without our two first choice midfielders, I wonder if we will see someone good come in at the start of January?
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller on Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:17 am

No doubt RDM made an error by not putting on Bacuna or Jedinak. Whether he's as incompetent as Tim is another thing. RDM by and large gets the starting line-ups right but his in-game management is something he needs to develop now.
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle on Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:54 am

Thus far, ultimately, we have created our own problems by not finishing teams off with the chances we create. That's our fault and we can't blame it on anything else. What I will say, however, is that the other teams have had some incredible fortune against us! Forest had the lucky bounce yesterday that fell right into the path of Lansbury to score, Wednesday had the lucky bounce that fell into the path of Forestieri for their winner, Huddersfield had a massive chunk of fortune for their equaliser. Those lucky bounces alone have cost Villa two wins and a draw, 5pts gone that were down to luck alone. We do need the football gods to stop with their war against Villa!
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer on Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:19 pm

I agree Dazzle, we are due some huge slices of fortune somewhere.
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV on Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:31 pm

What was all that about with the midfielder getting a yellow for celebrating with his fans (like Grealish did at Bristol)? Stupid rule, what's he supposed to do, wave at them?
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters on Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:41 pm

It's a shame the cameras were on him and the ref. I reckon Ayew would have cracked a smirk at that.
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan on Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:45 pm

@FoxyAV wrote:What was all that about with the midfielder getting a yellow for celebrating with his fans (like Grealish did at Bristol)? Stupid rule, what's he supposed to do, wave at them?

Been in the rules for at least 5 years. Same as removing your shirt.

Stupid rule but every player knows what it is.
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jae1411 on Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:52 pm

He'd been booked literally a minute earlier. He knows the rules so I have no sympathy. When you're on a booking you don't make stupid decisions to get a second

Jae1411

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV on Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:59 pm

Still a bloody stupid rule.

One thing I've always wondered, when someone scores and a player jumps on their back shouldn't they fall over, clutching their head and requiring treatment rather than staying upright and taking it all in their stride? If I was a ref and saw that I'd give the player a yellow for simulation next time he falls over.
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan on Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:18 pm

@Jae1411 wrote:He'd been booked literally a minute earlier. He knows the rules so I have no sympathy. When you're on a booking you don't make stupid decisions to get a second

His 1st card was equally stupid. Handbags between Cissokho and another Forest player yet he deemed it ok to come steaming in and shove him
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jae1411 on Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:09 pm

@Villa_Dan wrote:
@Jae1411 wrote:He'd been booked literally a minute earlier. He knows the rules so I have no sympathy. When you're on a booking you don't make stupid decisions to get a second

His 1st card was equally stupid. Handbags between Cissokho and another Forest player yet he deemed it ok to come steaming in and shove him

Exactly. He is solely responsible for his red

Jae1411

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla on Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:09 pm

It appers that the only luck we get is bad luck. Hitting the bar post just going wide due to a lucky deflection.  It has to change soon . I would suggest that we stop hitting the ball into the stands get more on target and be boody ruthless in front of goal. Simples. UTV  Scarf Waving
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla on Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:09 pm

It appers that the only luck we get is bad luck. Hitting the bar post just going wide due to a lucky deflection.  It has to change soon . I would suggest that we stop hitting the ball into the stands get more on target and be boody ruthless in front of goal. Simples. UTV  Scarf Waving
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum