The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Some juicy gossip...

+3
Admin
ROTTERDAM1982
Trotters
7 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Some juicy gossip... - Page 2 Empty Re: Some juicy gossip...

Post by Guest Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:22 am

With better coaches he might be a better manager?

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:37 am

It depends on how strong a personality the coach is. If he's a yes man that goes ahead and trains his team to play along the lines of what the manager wants even if it doesn't suit the team then it won't make a lot of difference. (a) because it just won't work tactically and (b) the players won't likely respect a soft touch, yes-man.

Get someone in who knows their stuff, can be diplomatic in the way they get their point across and has the ability to treat the players with respect whilst also leading them and we will have a much better team.

I just hate package deal manager/coaches.

Fergie managed to change out his coaching staff a lot of times down the years when he felt they'd outlived their usefulness. And I do think it's the way to go.

Contracts that tie a manager in with his coach should never be signed.
Trotters
Trotters

Some juicy gossip... - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:40 am

Trotters wrote:Fergie managed to change out his coaching staff a lot of times down the years when he felt they'd outlived their usefulness. And I do think it's the way to go.

Contracts that tie a manager in with his coach should never be signed.

This is a good point. I'm wondering how many managers at the top level have set coaches as part of their team? Don't think Mourinho does either.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:33 am

Sounds like Lambert is on his last legs.
Summer is going to be very interesting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:56 pm

The reaction of the players toward the bench will certainly be interesting tomorrow.

I've noticed (and maybe it's just the TV view) that Culverhouse is less gobby these days. Maybe the club has told him that, on match days, he's to sit down and shut the fuck up?

Again, maybe just the limited TV view.

Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:07 pm

If we start losing, there will be loads of abuse flying at him. That will, hopefully, get a reaction.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:58 pm

I can see it kicking off tomorrow and it all getting a bit feisty in truth.

If we go a goal down against Fulham I can see the crowd turning en-masse. The fact that we'll be short of Benteke (and Agbonlahor?) won't matter. We've seen enough of this shit over the last three seasons and it simply isn't on. While Lambert will no doubt get pelters in this scenario, I wonder if any abuse will be aimed at Lerner (in his absence -again) as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:18 pm

I think that's right Chris. That makes a win tomorrow essential as I don't want to see such a poisonous atmosphere at the ground.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:28 pm

I think Randy is very lucky that he hasn't faced anything from the fans. If Ellis was presiding over this...well....

They need to be up for tomorrow's game. Too often they don't seem bothered against sides like Fulham and we get caught napping. Need to be focused from the first whistle.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:36 pm

Farrell_10 wrote:I think Randy is very lucky that he hasn't faced anything from the fans. If Ellis was presiding over this...well....

That brings us back to Troy's thread from earlier in the week. Why is this? I've yet to see a compelling explanation for it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:39 pm

Billy McBingo wrote:
Farrell_10 wrote:I think Randy is very lucky that he hasn't faced anything from the fans. If Ellis was presiding over this...well....

That brings us back to Troy's thread from earlier in the week. Why is this? I've yet to see a compelling explanation for it.
Many must still see him as a good owner, after all he has written off millions of pounds worth of debt he owes himself. Debts he hs run up because of his inept running of the club he owns.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:45 pm

Fulham have already played us off the park once this season. That's bottom of the league Fulham.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:57 pm

BillyBleach wrote:Fulham have already played us off the park once this season. That's bottom of the league Fulham.
Exactly. Going to be hard tomorrow, and the game. Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:47 am

Holtender1982 wrote:
Billy McBingo wrote:

Many must still see him as a good owner, after all he has written off millions of pounds worth of debt he owes himself.  Debts he hs run up because of his inept running of the club he owns.

I think it's like an American courtroom drama...the fans will find Lerner guilty when all reasonable doubt has been extinguished. So far, he's had a veritable parade of excuses to get him out from behind the crosshairs: MoN was welcomed (but wasn't controlled), Houllier had the pedigree (but not the heart or backing of the players), McLeish was a poor decision (but a nice bloke), Lambert was a fans choice (but didn't have the financial backing).

So for every pro there's a con and every con a pro. Certainly there's enough reason there to throw the book at Lerner but he's still managing to pull off the "poor dumb American rich kid who doesn't understand football very well but he's throwing a lot of his own money at it, doing some nice things, not getting himself involved with team selection and has made some very nice gestures".

Leave the naive bloke alone.

Those days are fast coming to an end. A loss to Fulham may be the tipping point as the anger and frustration with Lambert continually gets bottled when he pulls off a nice surprise; but that anger and frustration is building pressure all the time and there may be enough to spill over onto Randy when it finally does blow up.

A loss against Fulham and I can't see any other viable option open to Randy other than a change of management and coaching staff.

Last edited by Trotters on Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:13 am

Excellent post Troy. Enjoyed reading that. There's a lot of truth in that. Randy has been able to hide behind those issues you raised.

He will have to face the music at some stage.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:29 am

Farrell_10 wrote:Excellent post Troy. Enjoyed reading that. There's a lot of truth in that. Randy has been able  to hide behind those issues you raised.

I don't think he will face the music, he will just go into hiding. Oh hang on he has.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:07 am

Lerner reminds me of Jackass's Bad Grandpa in this scene:

Just flick money randomly at a pretender and then walk away.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:05 am

Holtender1982 wrote:
Farrell_10 wrote:Excellent post Troy. Enjoyed reading that. There's a lot of truth in that. Randy has been able  to hide behind those issues you raised.

I don't think he will face the music, he will just go into hiding.  Oh hang on he has.

What I meant was, if things keep going as they are, fans will eventually turn.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:02 am

Some juicy gossip... - Page 2 Culver11
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:22 pm

From what I've seen of him at matches he seems as though he'd be a much happier bunny if he wasn't at Villa.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:03 pm

Somebody who cares needs to come in and reform the club. It reeks of malaise. What are our standards these days? What are we striving for?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:23 pm

I'd love Sir Graham back at the club on the board but at 69 would he want to know?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:29 pm

Didn't he advise them on the Houllier appointment?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:29 pm

Chris Harte wrote:I'd love Sir Graham back at the club on the board but at 69 would he want to know?

And, where would he start? Seems to be problems everywhere, throughout the club.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:38 pm

Farrell_10 wrote:
Chris Harte wrote:I'd love Sir Graham back at the club on the board but at 69 would he want to know?

And, where would he start? Seems to be problems everywhere, throughout the club.
I seem to recall a similar scenario back in 1987 when, new to the job, he described the club as "a shambles."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next