The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Goals and assists from midfield

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Goals and assists from midfield

Post by villajk on Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:36 am

Don't hate Westwood, but have said for 5yrs should never be a villa player .I hope lamberk buys him for wolves

villajk

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters on Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:46 am

I can't hate him for being plucked from the lower leagues and given a shot. Hell, if Bruce knocked on my door right now and said "You're too old, you're too overweight, you're a bit shit, actually you're a LOT shit and you'll embarrass yourself so badly but we'd like to give you £40,000 to cover the pain of being the most hated Villa player ever", it'd take me exactly 2 seconds to get over it and put pen to paper.

He didn't start his career too badly with us so maybe what he can do well is make a bit of space for himself to get the ball and give it someone more creative than himself. But Hutton likes to hoof it anywhere, we don't have a proper box-to-box midfielder who Westwood can feed (Gardner is a pretender and nowhere near the quality that the Snake was), the team don't seem to have a robotic step-by-step playbook to bring the ball out of defence and into the final 3rd that West Germany use to be so good at in the 80's and so he ends up looking like a little boy lost.

And the more his confidence dies, the worse he gets.

I can't hate him. He gives his all. Just like Hutton. Hes never said a bad word about the club and I'll bet he's the nicest bloke you could wish to meet. He's just not a footballer for this level. And I just don't want to see him in a Villa top again.

Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla on Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:58 am

To be honest I don't care if he is Mother Theresa, Gandhi and Florence Nightingale rolled into one I just wish he would do us a favor and fake an injury for the rest of the season.

I just hate him in a Villa shirt!! Please McGrath no more Ashley Fucking Westwood!!

DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters on Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:10 am

Mother Theresa was a sugarbag.

Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla on Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:07 pm

@Trotters wrote:Mother Theresa was a sugarbag.

affraid

You will go to hell for uttering such words about a newly canonized soon to be saint?

Well what if it came out that AFW pulls legs off puppies and stubs out cigars on kittens? Would you feel AFW was easier to hate?

DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip on Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:37 pm

@DelboyVilla wrote:

affraid

You will go to hell for uttering such words about a newly canonized soon to be saint?  

Well what if it came out that AFW pulls legs off puppies and stubs out cigars on kittens? Would you feel AFW was easier to hate?

Dreadful woman - consorted with third world dictators and received millions from them, kept the poor in her "missions" under terrible unsanitary conditions, no painkillers etc. whilst she and the RCC held millions of pounds from donations - lots of accusations of embezzlement as well - missing millions.

In fact, sounds like a perfect owner for the knuckle-draggers down at St Andrex.....

Anyway back on topic - I think it's fair to say that if anyone hates anything, it's the recurrent blind spot of successive managers in constantly picking AFW, rather than the person (although apparently he does have a back garden filled with puppies' legs....)

De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla on Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:07 pm

@De Kuip wrote:
@DelboyVilla wrote:

affraid

Dreadful woman - consorted with third world dictators and received millions from them, kept the poor in her "missions" under terrible unsanitary conditions, no painkillers etc. whilst she and the RCC held millions of pounds from donations - lots of accusations of embezzlement as well - missing millions.

In fact, sounds like a perfect owner for the knuckle-draggers down at St Andrex.....

Anyway back on topic - I think it's fair to say that if anyone hates anything, it's the recurrent blind spot of successive managers in constantly picking AFW, rather than the person (although apparently he does have a back garden filled with puppies' legs....)

I am following your logic here?? So maybe AFW's Mr nice Guy act is a front for the puppy mutilating fiend he really is!!! Clever!!! Maybe that is what he does? He steals the new managers pets and threatens them with all kinds of dastardly torture unless they play him each week? Would explain a lot?

DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip on Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:12 pm

@DelboyVilla wrote:
@De Kuip wrote:
@DelboyVilla wrote:

affraid

I am following your logic here?? So maybe AFW's Mr nice Guy act is a front for the puppy mutilating fiend he really is!!! Clever!!! Maybe that is what he does? He steals the new managers pets and threatens them with all kinds of dastardly torture unless they play him each week? Would explain a lot?

Steve Bruce's puppy, pictured yesterday...............

De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters on Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:40 pm

Oh my fucking McGrath , you're dreadful! affraid

Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller on Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:25 pm

BIG UPDATE!!

Ayew= 3 goals and 5 assists
Adomah= 1 goals and 5 assists
Grealish= 3 goals and 1 assists
Jedinak= 0 goals and 2 assists
Tshibola= 1 goal and 0 assists
Westwood= 0 goals and 0 assists
Gardner= 1 goals and 0 assists
Bacuna= 1 goals and 1 assist

Total= 10 goals and 14 assists

Well today was much better. Bacuna nicked a goal and Adomah and Ayew got assists. Ayew and Adomah are doing rather well in the assists column but the bottom line is the goals from midfield still remain a big problem and so do the assists from the middle of the park. We only have THREE assists from those playing central and to me that is just pathetic and the source of our struggles. six of our eight wins have been by a single goal and if we're able to improve this area of our game there can be no doubt that we will begin to put teams away much more easier than we are now.

AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:41 pm

Looking at that, makes me even more surprised at the amount of stick that Ayew gets, have even seen him compared to N'Zogbia elsewhere.

I know he can be frustrating but he must be only second to Kodjia, when combining assists and goals scored. We're going to miss our African players.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller on Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:15 pm

@deadbuzzardalive wrote:Looking at that, makes me even more surprised at the amount of stick that Ayew gets, have even seen him compared to N'Zogbia elsewhere.

I know he can be frustrating but he must be only second to Kodjia, when combining assists and goals scored. We're going to miss our African players.

If Ayew just got a few more goals then he'd be the best player in the league. This is the area where he's really failing tbh.

AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles on Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:32 am

Don't you think that is why Ayew gets so much stick because you KNOW there is a class player in there, you just want him to show it more. To be able to bring a player like that off the bench is brilliant to be honest as you know he could do exactly what he did with a brilliant off the ball run into space and superb cross.

achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:25 pm

Adomah hasn't been named in Ghana's squad for the AFCONs, he's not even in the stand by list.

http://sportsobama.com/exclusive-avram-grant-submit-29-provisional-black-stars-squad-for-afcon-2017/

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles on Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:51 pm

@deadbuzzardalive wrote:Adomah hasn't been named in Ghana's squad for the AFCONs, he's not even in the stand by list.

http://sportsobama.com/exclusive-avram-grant-submit-29-provisional-black-stars-squad-for-afcon-2017/

That doesn't surprise me to be honest, think he is better than he has showed so far, brilliant cross yesterday but very little else!

achilles

Back to top Go down

Hard on Him

Post by Johnnyblack on Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:16 pm

Think some of you guys should give the guy a break

Johnnyblack

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:18 pm

From what I've seen of him he's been pretty good, better than I expected at least. And as the above shows taking assists and goals into consideration he's been responsible for six of our goals. Only Ayew and Kodjia have made a bigger contribution.

It's a shame for him that he hasn't been called up, but from a Villa perspective I think it's a big plus.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan on Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:13 pm

Doesn't surprise me. He hasn't been a regular for them anyway

Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cha Ching on Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:21 am

Here's some stats regarding Westwood under Bruce.

Games started

Birmingham (A) = D
Brighton (A) = D
Cardiff (H) = W
Leeds (A) = L
Norwich )A) = L
Leeds (H) = D

DDWLLD

Record P-W-D-L-Pts
6-1-3-2-6

Game Not Started

Wolves (H) = D
Reading (A) = W
Fulham (H) = W
Blackburn R (H) = W
Wigan A (H) = W
QPR (A) = W
Burton (H) = W

DWWWWWW

Record P-W-D-L-Pts
7-6-1-0-19

Cha Ching

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller on Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:56 am

LOL that's unbelievable stuff!!!..well done Cha Ching. What it proves is if we get a better quality midfield we should be absolutely flying.

AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum