The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Some juicy gossip...

+3
Admin
ROTTERDAM1982
Trotters
7 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Some juicy gossip... Empty Some juicy gossip...

Post by Guest Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:03 pm

Hearing from a mate who has strong ties with Norwich and a friend of Grant Holt that all may not be as rosy between Lambert/Randy as they are making out.

Apparently there was a bit of a row between Culverhouse/Sid last week about way Culverhouse talks to the younger players when they join in/help with first team training. Seems Gabby and Vlaar chimed in backing Sid and nearly came to blows between Gabby and Culverhouse.

Anyway, this isn't first major blow up between coaching staff and players this season (Helenius, Lowton and Luna have all had issues, explaining their absences) and it's got to stage where Lambert is starting to lose dressing room. So much so that that is main reason we signed Holt and pushed the Hoolahan deal so much because Lambert is trying to get some back up with players.

Randy got wind of this back in Jan, and pulled all money available and told Lambert he has until end of season to sort out issues and stop marginalising the squad.

In short: he's lost the dressing room.

He also said Malky will replace Hughton at end of season.

Back to top Go down

Some juicy gossip... Empty Re: Some juicy gossip...

Post by Guest Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:17 pm

That's worrying if its accurate. The last thing the club needs now is in-fighting at the club when points are still required.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:35 pm

I wonder if no money was spent because Randy just does not trust Lambert> If that's the case he should have fired him back then.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:37 pm

Fuck the chancers off.
Big thanks for the insight UV.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:39 pm

Interesting info Bazz. Thanks for sharing...

It definitely chimes in with what I heard about Culverhouse a couple of months ago.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:49 pm

That's very interesting. And as others have said chimes with the distinctly odd goings on at various times this season. The rumours about Culverhouse, the marginalisation of, not just the bomb squad last year, but also Lowton this season. And the dip in form from November to the present probably covers the period when things got worse.

The Culverhouse/Lambert axis must have fuck all man management skills and this seems to be combined with an innate stubbornness.

As Fergal says, we were in trouble in January so Randy should have fired Lambert if he didn't trust him with cash. Just confirms how reluctant Randy is to start the search for yet another manager having fucked up previous appointments.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:46 pm

We've heard a few rumblings about Culverhouse but nothing like this.

Wasn't there a game when Gabby scored and went over to Lambert but completely ignored Culverhouse?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:02 pm

Summertime wrote:We've heard a few rumblings about Culverhouse but nothing like this.

Wasn't there a game when Gabby scored and went over to Lambert but completely ignored Culverhouse?

Looked to me as if he ignored lambert when he ran to the bench that game to celebrate - if lambert is losing the dressing room then his days are numbered- good riddance!

Although if their were doubts in January about lambert why did the club reveal talks over a new contract last month?

Last edited by Eastie on Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:03 pm

Something needs to change.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:13 pm

Chris Harte wrote:That's worrying if its accurate. The last thing the club needs now is in-fighting at the club when points are still required.

Not worrying for me , I'm delighted if true as it would make lambert a dead man walking - I think we are safe anyway .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:15 pm

Eastie wrote: why did the club reveal talks over a new contract last month?

Sounding out whether he had the support of most fans? Difficult to justify the removal of a popular manager but an unpopular one, no.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:21 pm

Billy McBingo wrote:
Eastie wrote: why did the club reveal talks over a new contract last month?

Sounding out whether he had the support of most fans? Difficult to justify the removal of a popular manager but an unpopular one, no.

Good thinking taggart Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:43 pm

Eastie wrote:
Summertime wrote:We've heard a few rumblings about Culverhouse but nothing like this.

Looked to me as if he ignored lambert when he ran to the bench that game to celebrate - if lambert is losing the dressing room then his days are numbered- good riddance!

Although if their were doubts in January about lambert why did the club reveal talks over a new contract last month?

Ah, my mistake. I blame it on old age.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:01 pm

Summertime wrote:
Eastie wrote:

Ah, my mistake.  I blame it on old age.

To be honest I thought it was funny as it looked like he was heading to lambert and went past him - some say he went to Lowton on the bench .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:24 pm

After the West Ham game, I posted on another forum that some clues had been dropped regarding Lambert being on the ropes. I read through the lines in order to post this and was immediately discredited. I then heard from another source that Culverhouse was in trouble and this supports it. What a scoop!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:57 pm

Culverhouse sounds like a tosser. Heard he's got stroppy with fans a few times and not surprised he's the same with players.

Could Culverhouse be the problem. Would Lambert respond well to being told that Culverhouse must go?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:08 pm

The Bald Eagle wrote:After the West Ham game, I posted on another forum that some clues had been dropped regarding Lambert being on the ropes. I read through the lines in order to post this and was immediately discredited. I then heard from another source that Culverhouse was in trouble and this supports it. What a scoop!

I might have picked upon one or two straws in the wind at one stage too!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:57 pm

Summertime wrote:
Eastie wrote:

Ah, my mistake.  I blame it on old age.

Oi! Leave me out of it Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:02 pm

I have the utmost respect for Sid Cowans and if he felt there was a need to pull Culverhouse up over the way he treats the academy lads, then I'm sure there is substance in the rumours.  Add to this the widely publicized reports of Culverhouse reacting badly with a section of the Villa fans and we are putting up with a nasty individual who should be considered a liability.

Get rid.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:21 pm

Firestarter wrote:I have the utmost respect for Sid Cowans and if he felt there was a need to pull Culverhouse up over the way he treats the academy lads, then I'm sure there is substance in the rumours.  Add to this the widely publicized reports of Culverhouse reacting badly with a section of the Villa fans and we are putting up with a nasty individual who should be considered a liability.

Get rid.
I have never heard a bad word said about Sid, this Culverhouse bloke can do one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:08 pm

His coaching can't be up to much either.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:12 pm

Lambert needs to sack the twat as a last ditch attempt to save his own skin. Lerner clearly sees him as a new O'Neill and that cannot be in his favour.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:18 pm

I agree. Much as we whinge about player power, you can't have a senior coach whose relationship with the players has broken down as it seems it has in this case.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:19 am

Nigel Lowe wrote:Culverhouse sounds like a tosser. Heard he's got stroppy with fans a few times and not surprised he's the same with players.

Could Culverhouse be the problem. Would Lambert respond well to being told that Culverhouse must go?

The club would phrase it in a way that tells Lambert that more avenues will be available it him should he take the opportunity to investigate a new coaching system in the off season.

Basically, get rid of the twats or there'll be no further money to spend.

Lambert won't be happy with that of course but he has the option to look for gainful employment elsewhere.
Trotters
Trotters

Some juicy gossip... 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:21 am

Of course, it wouldnt be the first time that players at a football club don't give their best on the field in order to put pressure on a manager or coach.

Two games, two 1-0 leads, two 4-1 losses. Hmmmmmm.
Trotters
Trotters

Some juicy gossip... 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next