The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Derby v Villa match thread

+22
Cha Ching
smetro
Fpuppys
GenBrRam
De Kuip
Boldfinger
KMitch
nickf21
BillytheKid
VTID85
AstonThriller
Saunders82
worcesterkev
avfc forever
FoxyAV
The Utterer
VillaBill
Villa_Dan
NARLA24
4BetLite
avfcjay
Trotters
26 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Your predictions please....

Derby v Villa match thread  - Page 4 I_vote_lcap19%Derby v Villa match thread  - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 19% 
[ 5 ]
Derby v Villa match thread  - Page 4 I_vote_lcap30%Derby v Villa match thread  - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 30% 
[ 8 ]
Derby v Villa match thread  - Page 4 I_vote_lcap41%Derby v Villa match thread  - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 41% 
[ 11 ]
Derby v Villa match thread  - Page 4 I_vote_lcap0%Derby v Villa match thread  - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Derby v Villa match thread  - Page 4 I_vote_lcap0%Derby v Villa match thread  - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Derby v Villa match thread  - Page 4 I_vote_lcap10%Derby v Villa match thread  - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 27

Derby v Villa match thread  - Page 4 Empty Re: Derby v Villa match thread

Post by 1Elliot Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:26 pm

3 unbeaten & much better than last year.... We are looking good not brilliant but good... 4 months ago I would have been over the moon with this so am happy with progress so far... More signings to come & then watch out here come the Villa
1Elliot
1Elliot

Derby v Villa match thread  - Page 4 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:27 pm

Good point from an even game, first half ours second theirs. Shame Gestede went off early, Kozak is no understudy as evidenced by his own withdrawal late on. Gollini did fine, certainly did enough. Each game is growth. Ayew good but still selfish. Like the Elpick / Chester partnership at the back and Bacuna had a good game up until he took a yellow after which he would've come off I think had we got a strong replacement at RB to throw on.

Two cracking shots off the woodwork and a goal-line clearance, with a bit of luck our way we'd've won that 3-0. Derby only had two proper shots on target I think.
VTID85

Derby v Villa match thread  - Page 4 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:27 pm

12th position. Probably about where will finish TBH. We seem overly cautious , and other than Mccormack I don't see many goals. Team needs a good kick up the backside even though we have new players a lot of them seem half arsed about things.
smetro
smetro

Derby v Villa match thread  - Page 4 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by 1Elliot Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:28 pm

gdav wrote:We'd of lost that last season. Good point with the players missing.
RB, CAM & striker are essential signings though.

Exactly this.. small steps Scarf Waving
1Elliot
1Elliot

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:31 pm

Totally disagree smetro - but then to be fair I usually do with your posts. I can see what we're trying to do - play out from the back hassle other teams quick interplay and before gestede went off we were getting wide. I do think kozak was a pants sub and RDM reacted too late but to say that we have little idea what we're doing is rubbish. It's a new system, the players capable of playing it are still gelling and at least 50% of the team are the old shit from last year. We have to get rid of full backs Westwood Gardner and never use kozak again before we can hope to see something near the finished article.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Derby v Villa match thread  - Page 4 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Cha Ching Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:32 pm

We can look at it as a good point away if we are being positive but they have been unable to score and yet they looked dangerous every time they went forward.

A clean sheet and Jedinak to come in is good. We really need more up front. Neither Gestede or Kozak are fast enough.
Cha Ching
Cha Ching

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:38 pm

De Kuip wrote:Totally disagree smetro - but then to be fair I usually do with your posts. I can see what we're trying to do - play out from the back hassle other teams quick interplay and before gestede went off we were getting wide. I do think kozak was a pants sub and RDM reacted too late but to say that we have little idea what we're doing is rubbish. It's a new system, the players capable of playing it are still gelling and at least 50% of the team are the old shit  from last year. We have to get rid of full backs Westwood Gardner and never use kozak again before we can hope to see something near the finished article.

Agreed. I definitely see today as another positive step. We looked a lot more like a team, with Jedi playing too we should look better and who knows what tricks are still up the Dr's transfer sleeves.

Cha-Ching - I don't agree, I thought Derby looked less dangerous than us when they were in a shooting position. Kozak definitely isn't good enough to remain on the teamsheet at this stage and I think he's been out of it too long for that to change.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:39 pm

De Kuip wrote:Totally disagree smetro - but then to be fair I usually do with your posts. I can see what we're trying to do - play out from the back hassle other teams quick interplay and before gestede went off we were getting wide. I do think kozak was a pants sub and RDM reacted too late but to say that we have little idea what we're doing is rubbish. It's a new system, the players capable of playing it are still gelling and at least 50% of the team are the old shit  from last year. We have to get rid of full backs Westwood Gardner and never use kozak again before we can hope to see something near the finished article.

Playing out from the back fine.

Hassling - got to say I didn't really see that myself.

We do get wide - but not much comes from that today, don't see Ayew as a wide player myself.

Just gelling ? maybe - but I honestly don't see it. Of course I have no idea who will be coming in transfer wise - but a full back and a striker seem most likley - welcome additions, but I think we need a wide player. and new players or not, jesus christ speed the thing up a bit.
smetro
smetro

Derby v Villa match thread  - Page 4 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:51 pm

Yeah I do agree with the speed things up part tbf
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by George Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:54 pm

We've not had much luck yet this season - centimetres away on three different occasions there.

As Ron Saunders once said you get the defensive side of the game right and build from there - we've only conceded 2 goals in 4 games and one of those was a fluke!

With arguably our preferred two DM's not available, to keep a clean sheet is encouraging and central defensive pair look very much in control.

We did seem a little toothless at times today - especially when Rudy went off - but we all know that this is recognised and being worked on behind the scenes.

Very happy with how things are shaping up - with a few additions (proper RB, a creative string-puller and another striker) I feel that we will just get stronger and stronger as the season progresses.

For the first time for what seems like forever we have proper good set up, a clear plan and great leadership in all the necessary departments on and off the field...and all this since June!
George
George

http://www.streetart.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:31 pm

Its been said before I know but its true, when we are in control like we were in the first half we need to put the game to bed, with luck we would have scored at least two but we can't blame bad luck all the time. We did some better performances from some who have been a bit iffy, if we can get in some more bodies then who knows, keep the faith, we do have the Jedi coming in THAT will make us stronger. Scarf Waving
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:08 am

De Kuip wrote:Also, just out of interest, where's NARLA''s bar - is it Tenerife? Can't remember.
Lanzarote mate
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:18 am

NARLA24 wrote:
De Kuip wrote:Also, just out of interest, where's NARLA''s bar - is it Tenerife? Can't remember.
Lanzarote mate
Cheers mate, not jealous haha....
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4