The Bells Are Ringing


WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!


Dalian Atkinson dead

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

R.I.P Dalian Atkinson

Post by AstonThriller on Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:35 am

Sadly passed away today after Police shot him with a taser gun. Was the first hero I had when I first started following the Villa in the early 90s. Scored many brilliant goals and for the younger generation who didn't see him play he wasn't the most consistent but could change a game with a single moment of individual brilliance. Had Everything did Dalian, pace, strength, skill and could finish.

May his soul rest in peace
avatar
AstonThriller



Posts : 1704
Reputation : 1602
Join date : 2014-04-21

Back to top Go down

Dalian Atkinson dead

Post by Trotters on Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:36 am

http://www.eurosport.com/football/premier-league/2015-2016/former-villa-star-dalian-atkinson-dies-after-being-tasered-by-police_sto5723682/story.shtml


Former Villa star Dalian Atkinson dies after being tasered by police

Tom Adams
Just now
Former Aston Villa striker Dalian Atkinson has died after being shot by a police taser.


West Mercia Police said a 48-year-old man was killed in Telford after a taser was used on him, with the individual being pronounced dead at 3am.

The man suffered a cardiac arrest after receiving medical treatment, and has now been named as Atkinson, who scored 38 goals in 114 appearances for Villa.

His career highlight came in 1994 when he scored in the League Cup final win over Manchester United.

"West Mercia Police can confirm that officers responded to a report for the concern for the safety of an individual at approximately 1.30am this morning at an address in Telford.
avatar
Trotters



Posts : 9557
Reputation : 5249
Join date : 2014-03-09
Age : 46
Location : Brisbane

Back to top Go down

Re: Dalian Atkinson dead

Post by DelboyVilla on Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:41 am

@Trotters wrote:http://www.eurosport.com/football/premier-league/2015-2016/former-villa-star-dalian-atkinson-dies-after-being-tasered-by-police_sto5723682/story.shtml


Former Villa star Dalian Atkinson dies after being tasered by police

Tom Adams
Just now
Former Aston Villa striker Dalian Atkinson has died after being shot by a police taser.


West Mercia Police said a 48-year-old man was killed in Telford after a taser was used on him, with the individual being pronounced dead at 3am.

The man suffered a cardiac arrest after receiving medical treatment, and has now been named as Atkinson, who scored 38 goals in 114 appearances for Villa.

His career highlight came in 1994 when he scored in the League Cup final win over Manchester United.

"West Mercia Police can confirm that officers responded to a report for the concern for the safety of an individual at approximately 1.30am this morning at an address in Telford.

WTF One of my fave players of the Big Ron era and is partnership with Deano was the best since European Cup squad. One of the biggest talents that never really got forfilled (like Collywobblers)! Devastated!

HITS

RIP Dalian


Last edited by DelboyVilla on Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total

DelboyVilla



Posts : 1049
Reputation : 1271
Join date : 2014-05-14
Age : 47

Back to top Go down

Re: Dalian Atkinson dead

Post by smetro on Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:42 am

RIP Dalian.

Wonderful player. True he couldn't turn it on every week. But when he did MY word.

Really sad news - I can't begin to think what could have happened. ?
avatar
smetro



Posts : 2508
Reputation : 1465
Join date : 2014-12-26
Age : 53

Back to top Go down

Re: Dalian Atkinson dead

Post by smetro on Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:43 am

A link to that goal v wimbledon is in order (can't link at work)
avatar
smetro



Posts : 2508
Reputation : 1465
Join date : 2014-12-26
Age : 53

Back to top Go down

Re: Dalian Atkinson dead

Post by De Kuip on Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:47 am

What a shock - RIP Dalian. On his day, unplayable. A phrase often overused but you will hear many defenders who came up against him say just that.
avatar
De Kuip



Posts : 2027
Reputation : 3342
Join date : 2014-05-20
Age : 100

Back to top Go down

Re: Dalian Atkinson dead

Post by Trotters on Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:47 am

avatar
Trotters



Posts : 9557
Reputation : 5249
Join date : 2014-03-09
Age : 46
Location : Brisbane

Back to top Go down

Re: Dalian Atkinson dead

Post by DelboyVilla on Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:48 am

Need an umbrella tribute for Huddersfield?

So sad and he only a couple of years older than me!

DelboyVilla



Posts : 1049
Reputation : 1271
Join date : 2014-05-14
Age : 47

Back to top Go down

Re: Dalian Atkinson dead

Post by Trotters on Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:50 am

@DelboyVilla wrote:Need an umbrella tribute for Huddersfield?

So sad and he only a couple of years older than me!

The circumstances don't sound good (...the 48-year-old died early on Monday morning after officers responded to an alert "for the safety of an individual" at a home in Meadow Close...) but the umbrella idea is great.
avatar
Trotters



Posts : 9557
Reputation : 5249
Join date : 2014-03-09
Age : 46
Location : Brisbane

Back to top Go down

Re: Dalian Atkinson dead

Post by Wriggle on Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:04 pm

RIP Dalian.

Shocked when i heard this news about 30 minutes ago. like most that were following Villa at the time he brings back some truly memorable goals and when he turned it on, boy did he turn it on.
avatar
Wriggle



Posts : 361
Reputation : 352
Join date : 2014-08-17
Age : 46
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Dalian Atkinson dead

Post by AstonThriller on Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:05 pm

When one looks at what's happening in America with their trigger happy police and stuff I can't fathom how someone could die from being shot with a taser? Unless Dalian had some kind of heart issues? Either way I hope everything was done right in this instance and there's not something more sinister underneath the surface.

Surely there will be a minutes silence tomorrow? I guess the club will be waiting for further news before confirming anything.
avatar
AstonThriller



Posts : 1704
Reputation : 1602
Join date : 2014-04-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Dalian Atkinson dead

Post by DelboyVilla on Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:05 pm

@Trotters wrote:
@DelboyVilla wrote:Need an umbrella tribute for Huddersfield?

So sad and he only a couple of years older than me!

The circumstances don't sound good (...the 48-year-old died early on Monday morning after officers responded to an alert "for the safety of an individual" at a home in Meadow Close...) but the umbrella idea is great.

No it sounds off for him to be tazered at 1:30am in his own home? Police will say nothing now because it has gone straight to an internal investigation. I can see Black Lives Matter all over this one?? Shame I hope he is remembered for the good things and joy he brought to peoples lives and it is not turned into a 3 ring circus? I hope when we score a bag full against Huddersfield at least one of the scorers goes and stands with a fan under an umbrella!

DelboyVilla



Posts : 1049
Reputation : 1271
Join date : 2014-05-14
Age : 47

Back to top Go down

Re: Dalian Atkinson dead

Post by DelboyVilla on Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:08 pm

I wonder if Dame Karen 'fuckface' Brady has sent her condolences to Big Ron on the loss of his beloved son??

DelboyVilla



Posts : 1049
Reputation : 1271
Join date : 2014-05-14
Age : 47

Back to top Go down

Re: Dalian Atkinson dead

Post by Trotters on Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:09 pm

Hash tag "UmbrellasForDalian" ?


Last edited by Trotters on Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Trotters



Posts : 9557
Reputation : 5249
Join date : 2014-03-09
Age : 46
Location : Brisbane

Back to top Go down

Re: Dalian Atkinson dead

Post by DelboyVilla on Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:13 pm

@Trotters wrote:Hash tag "UmbrellaForDalian" ?

brilliant stuff Trotts!

DelboyVilla



Posts : 1049
Reputation : 1271
Join date : 2014-05-14
Age : 47

Back to top Go down

Re: Dalian Atkinson dead

Post by De Kuip on Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:21 pm

@AstonThriller wrote:When one looks at what's happening in America with their trigger happy police and stuff I can't fathom how someone could die from being shot with a taser? Unless Dalian had some kind of heart issues? Either way I hope everything was done right in this instance and there's not something more sinister underneath the surface.

Surely there will be a minutes silence tomorrow? I guess the club will be waiting for further news before confirming anything.

Mate I'd believe anything of the thick coppers and their tazer happy antics. Last year they tazered a bloke down the road in Plymouth. Problem is he'd soaked himself in petrol as part of a suicide bid. You can guess the rest.....
avatar
De Kuip



Posts : 2027
Reputation : 3342
Join date : 2014-05-20
Age : 100

Back to top Go down

Re: Dalian Atkinson dead

Post by AstonThriller on Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:23 pm

@DelboyVilla wrote:
No it sounds off for him to be tazered at 1:30am in his own home? Police will say nothing now because it has gone straight to an internal investigation. I can see Black Lives Matter all over this one?? Shame I hope he is remembered for the good things and joy he brought to peoples lives and it is not turned into a 3 ring circus? I hope when we score a bag full against Huddersfield at least one of the scorers goes and stands with a fan under an umbrella!

One hundred percent imo and I couldn't blame them either. Clearly things aren't as bad as it is in America but this is the second black man to die at the hands of police in as many months after Mzee Mohammed suspiciously died in police custody recently. We don't know what Dalian did or did not do in this case but after the macpherson report back in the day one eye has always got to be kept on the police when it comes to their dealings with the black community.
avatar
AstonThriller



Posts : 1704
Reputation : 1602
Join date : 2014-04-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Dalian Atkinson dead

Post by AstonThriller on Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:28 pm

@De Kuip wrote:

Mate I'd believe anything of the thick coppers and their tazer happy antics. Last year they tazered a bloke down the road in Plymouth. Problem is he'd soaked himself in petrol as part of a suicide bid. You can guess the rest.....

I just thank God police aren't allowed to carry guns around willy nilly mate. Otherwise lord knows how many more people would lose their lives over something that is easily avoidable.
avatar
AstonThriller



Posts : 1704
Reputation : 1602
Join date : 2014-04-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Dalian Atkinson dead

Post by Trotters on Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:36 pm

If you feel it appropriate and have a twitter account, #UmbrellasForDalian is picking up a bit of steam
avatar
Trotters



Posts : 9557
Reputation : 5249
Join date : 2014-03-09
Age : 46
Location : Brisbane

Back to top Go down

Re: Dalian Atkinson dead

Post by Cha Ching on Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:40 pm

RIP. What a senseless death at such a young age.

I remember the time that Karen Brady was introduced to Ron Atkinson before a Villa SHA match. She looked at the match program and asked big Ron if Dalian was his son. He of course replied that he was.


Last edited by Cha Ching on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Cha Ching



Posts : 431
Reputation : 316
Join date : 2014-04-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Dalian Atkinson dead

Post by BillytheKid on Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:47 pm

Just got back from a lovely short break to hear this wtf has gone on here ffs, absolute class player and will never forget his goals for us in a brilliant era as i grew up, sad sad day RIP Dalian gone but never forgotten! UTV!
avatar
BillytheKid



Posts : 806
Reputation : 768
Join date : 2016-04-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Dalian Atkinson dead

Post by DomAVFC on Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:51 pm

Distressing news! Dalian's quality was never in doubt, a truly terrific player, and an absolute hero to us.

RIP Dalian, you were a true Villa legend.
avatar
DomAVFC



Posts : 124
Reputation : 114
Join date : 2014-05-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Dalian Atkinson dead

Post by Trotters on Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:58 pm

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/live-dalian-atkinson-dead-taser-8634700#ICID=sharebar_twitter

First 2/3rds of that report put him in a fine light. And then....

Dalian Atkinson flew into a ‘booze-fuelled’ rage before he was Tasered by police, his heartbroken dad has revealed.

Ernest Atkinson, 85, said his son was “very agitated” and “upset” before someone called police.

Speaking from his home, he said: “He was in a real state.

“I don’t know if he was drunk or on drugs but he was very agitated and his mind was upset.

“The last thing he said to me was ‘don’t move’ when the police came to the door.

“He was threatening and very upset. I didn’t call the police but someone else did.

“He got Tasered in the street outside in the road. I didn’t see him but I saw a flash. I haven’t had any sleep and cannot take it in.

“The police are dealing with this now.”
avatar
Trotters



Posts : 9557
Reputation : 5249
Join date : 2014-03-09
Age : 46
Location : Brisbane

Back to top Go down

Re: Dalian Atkinson dead

Post by BillytheKid on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:02 pm

Sounds like he went off the rails really sad to hear, but them taser guns am not safe seen so many reports of heart attacks and deaths from them did that taser gun really need to be used on him something i guess we won't know for sure but if he was not holding a weapon why would they taser him?
avatar
BillytheKid



Posts : 806
Reputation : 768
Join date : 2016-04-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Dalian Atkinson dead

Post by 4BetLite on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:41 pm

RIP Dalian, scorer of one of my favorite goals ever and also the funniest celebration as mentioned above.

Note to RDM..... There are some current squad players that should be t............... nah, bad taste, ill leave that out.
avatar
4BetLite



Posts : 1776
Reputation : 2815
Join date : 2015-06-20
Location : Bloody Hell

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum