The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A)

+32
worcesterkev
Wriggle
WendyOz
Dions_Bald_Head
danclare82
DaveAV1
villajk
thegaffer6
Cha Ching
Wookster
gdav
Sky
FoxyAV
CoE82
VTID85
Boldfinger
Con
smetro
AstonThriller
KMitch
VillaBill
Saunders82
DomAVFC
Leafs1201
NARLA24
BillytheKid
avfc forever
The Utterer
De Kuip
Villa_Dan
avfcjay
Trotters
36 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Your predictions please...

Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) I_vote_lcap12%Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) I_vote_rcap 12% 
[ 4 ]
Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) I_vote_lcap18%Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) I_vote_rcap 18% 
[ 6 ]
Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) I_vote_lcap38%Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) I_vote_rcap 38% 
[ 13 ]
Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) I_vote_lcap6%Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) I_vote_lcap0%Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) I_vote_lcap15%Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) I_vote_rcap 15% 
[ 5 ]
Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) I_vote_lcap11%Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) I_vote_rcap 11% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 34

Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) Empty Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A)

Post by Trotters Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:59 am

It's certainly been an interesting off-season.

New owner (is he a mega-rich, government connected, marketing genius who will bring back our glory years or is he a shyster in the same vein as Carson Yeung?). All indicators so far are good. Dr.Tony has barely put a foot wrong yet.

New players. Not as many as we'd have hoped for but the business end of the transfer window really hasn't swung into action and Tony has stated that he'd like to see another 3 or 4 new players in. Sadly, they won't be here in time for...

...our opening game against the Owls. I've changed the logo at the top of the page for this weekend for something different.

I said a few weeks ago that if you told me the score would be 3-0 to someone I couldn't tell you who it would be. Our new striker though has given me some hope that we can spend more time in and around their goal which just might take the pressure off our defence which, as we saw in the last friendly against Boro is still as dodgy as it was last season.

The poll is up so have a vote.

For me, a 1-1 draw which I gotta say I'll be happy with.
Trotters
Trotters

Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) Empty Re: Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A)

Post by avfcjay Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:47 am

I think we will score late on and then have a nervous 15-20 minutes. Think we may just have enough to win and hold on. 1-0 Villa I think.
avfcjay

Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) Empty Re: Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A)

Post by Villa_Dan Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:14 am

Going for a barnstorming win because for £42 a ticket (and I had to buy TWO) I better be fucking entertained!
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:18 am

Fair play Dan that's a lot to pay. I hope at the end of the match Elphick stands in front of the Villa end and shouts "Are you not entertained?" Gladiator style. Cos for 84 quid plus travel plus extras you ought to be!
Also looking forward to your "TBAR man at the match" report Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) 3769219917
De Kuip
De Kuip

Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:26 am

De Kuip wrote:Fair play Dan that's a lot to pay. I hope at the end of the match Elphick stands in front of the Villa end and shouts "Are you not entertained?" Gladiator style. Cos for 84 quid plus travel plus extras you ought to be!
Also looking forward to your "TBAR man at the match" report Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) 3769219917

Hotel is costing me 49 quid but that I can live with.

Derby have charged me £36 a ticket too. Thieving bastards
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:30 am

Daylight robbery. Robbery in any kind of light.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:44 am

1-1 draw for me. I would be pleased with that from this game as we are not anywhere near fully ready yet.

Lacking a first choice DM, new players yet to play even a friendly and disruption all over with players due to leave, others due in etc. On top of that RDM cannot know his best team yet. We do however have some cracking players and Prem experience and knowhow which should help us level the playing field.... So i would be very happy with a solid draw from this one.
The Utterer
The Utterer

Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:11 am

A draw is fine and statistically I think openers end in draw, but I think they will win. 3-1.

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc forever Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:32 am

I'm also going for a 1-1 draw.
avfc forever
avfc forever

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:40 am

2-0 win Ayew and McCormack too much for Wednesday
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:30 pm

Barnstorming win for me
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Leafs1201 Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:20 pm

3-1 Wednesday win for me, not being pessimistic but this is about as hard a start as we could get, we were on a downer all last season and Wednesday are a good solid Championship side with some bloody good players, it's gonna take a while to find our feet in this league and I just think we won't cope with them, really hope I'm wrong though.
Leafs1201
Leafs1201

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:24 pm

1-2 to Villa for me. 1-1 at half time, goals from supermac and Ayew with the second.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by DomAVFC Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:32 pm

Unfortunately, although we've made some great signings, it still isn't good that a substantial part of the squad that suffered the horrific psychological beating that was last season is still together and the new signings won't have gelled yet, so I think this one will be a 2-1 Wednesday win, with Bannan scoring against us, because y'know, this is Aston Villa we're talking about after all! Bash
DomAVFC
DomAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:39 pm

I didn't know Barry Banana played for them. I honestly know jack shit about this league so my weekly accumulators are going to be the very definition of pissing money up a wall.

Reading some of these predictions, I think I have to amend my position of bring happy with 1-1 to being downright delighted with it.

And a loss will no doubt see fucking Holloway gobbing off again with told-you-so's. No way can we have that shit
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:33 pm

Joppe84 wrote:A draw is fine and statistically I think openers end in draw, but I think they will win. 3-1.

Jeeez Joppe84, have a bit of confidence in the boys. Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) 1401410211
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:35 pm

I do realism. Dancing Banana

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:22 pm

1-1 , we are still work in progress
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:42 pm

3-0 to the boys in Claret and Blue. RMC to bag a brace, while Ayew scores a screamer and Tommy Elphick looks like God reincarnated in our central defense. Come on, lads, let's be optimistic for once!

UTV!!!
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:11 pm

Joppe84 wrote:I do realism. Dancing Banana

We will see lol!
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:23 pm

Not a predictions type. All I know is people are so down on last season they can't seem to see that not ALL of the players are bad in that squad. Man for man we have the better players and thus It would not surprise me one bit if we leave with all three points. The Burnley side who won the league was nothing to write home about...so why should we be scared of the side that finished in a play-off position?
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:37 pm

Because they are all teams. We are still a side with 11 individuals

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:52 pm

At the start of the battle of the bulge in WW2 as the 82nd Airborne went into Bastogne they were told they would be surrounded, someone quipped "we're supposed to be surrounded".

Historically Aston Villa are always under estimated, I just love that, I say bring it on we will see what happens UTV.Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) 3769219917 Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) 3769219917
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:24 pm

Seen your share of BoB?

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:46 pm

Yep and read history books. "Nuts" Match Thread v Sheffield Wednesday (A) 1520050566
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next