The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Where's The Beef?

+11
andrew24561
Con
deadbuzzardalive
AstonThriller
Trotters
The Utterer
smetro
Villa_Dan
4BetLite
FoxyAV
Alf T
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Where's The Beef? Empty Where's The Beef?

Post by Alf T Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:37 am

Aunt Sally Back again Where's The Beef? 3769219917

We KO in a few weeks.

So far we have brought in a young/relegated goalie from Italy, and a brilliant future Captain - imo -
Costs so far £7-8 million.
Long way to go to the original £80 million...then the  £4o million..then the £30 million.
And we are stripping out the Academy players left right and centre.
Paddy may me gone soon, which is a help for my migraine, but that is likely to produce another huge wage-bill with his replacement, if rumours are true.

So far we have spent loads on back-up staff and  hardly got  NEAR  the Derby / Forest /QPR/ Dogheads RECRUIITMENT ZONE ...need one mention the Toon's or even the new DOGHEAD's owner's wealth ??

So far we have been on a par with our neighbours...perhaps not that bad, Sleep .... I'm told that they bought some bugga for £300k
cheers

I can understand building an infrastructure for the future. ...shedding out loads of dosh etc, for 'Sports Scientist / Technical Directors / New Scouts / .. and  the clutch of "Investment  Experts"...which constitute 75% of the new Villa Board.

I was worried from Day One. I'm very frigthened now.

£80 mill >> £40 mill>> so far ££7-8 mill....and we Kick Off in a few weeks.

Where the money has been spent, SO FAR is 'perfect sense' to me....but it means a Long Term Turnaround for us, and a dragged-out promotion I think.

Where the money has gone, so far, is -- imo --- to rebuild our club----not to get automatice promotion, as so many people assume.

It's Easy...look where the money-for-wages has gone..the the future, not the present.

I don't mind that, and can risk a year or two in the Chumps League and will keep my ST...because that is what it will take to get rid of the parasite players, who will sit on their contracts, survive a 'bomb squad'  be called back in etc etc.
My ST will pay toward Gabby's exit. and it may take 2 years.

RDM and his staff are only dislodging kids so far. Securing 6/7 but letting tons go from the Academy. One of the brightest sparks in the UK Youth Set-Up.

When will they dislodge the  parasites ?

I'll risk a year or two in our new HOME... WE'll be Top Dogs anyway.
Alf T
Alf T

Where's The Beef? 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Where's The Beef? Empty Re: Where's The Beef?

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:16 am

Utter drivel.

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:20 am

Let's revisit this in a month's time.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Where's The Beef? 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:20 am

I think anyone with a balanced and untainted view on things will see that Xia is a big talker but unlikely to be a big spender in all honesty. The talk of Chinese govt backing was funny to begin with, but then concerning cos people actually think its true! Still, each to their own.
That said, I firmly believe that we don't need fortunes spent to be competitive again. We just need wise heads, which I think we seem to be getting.

When Xia's wealth was questioned, the resident 'experts' all clamoured to tell us that China is different, businessmen don't reveal their wealth, it's all top secret, nobody knows....but the guy linked with Wolves (Robin Li) wealth and background is there for all to see....hmmm, go figure!

Oh, and looking on the clubs website the names Keith Wyness and Christopher Samuelson are not listed? Why?
Surely the fit and proper tests have been carried out by now? Currently we have one board member (Xia) and one advisor to the board (Brian Little).
Does anyone know what's happening with the board?

I have to agree with Alf to some extent, the kind of players we are linked with/not buying are hardly awe inspiring. Doesn't look to me like we are going hell for leather to get promoted immediately.
The fact a 37 year old retired player looks like he stands a decent chance of making the squad should be sounding alarm bells everywhere! Why are Lescott, Agbonlahor and Richards still involved? After last season they all should of been released (even WBA have shipped their crap out the door), purely for the way they alienated the fans.
Another thing, Xia slagged the recruitment policy at the club, yet Reilly is the only div still there from last seasons circus!

5/10 so far for Xia in my view. Have to give him credit for his managerial appointment but that's it up to yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:55 am

ThePurist wrote:Another thing, Xia slagged the recruitment policy at the club, yet Reilly is the only div still there from last seasons circus!

Perhaps while he was good at finding targets, the process of actually bringing them to the club without the manager necessarily wanting them was one of the issues. It might be that he has a different brief to before and the manager has full say in who comes in or not.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:22 am

It's all well and good to create a talking point, but, seriously, Im not a fan of negativity just for the sake of it.

We were sold when the season ended, at a time that we were relegated and a major international tournament was about to start. We were sold to a Chinaman, a first for an English team.

Anyone who thinks that he can walk in and fix a huge club that has been bought to its knees by an idiot, taking into account the unique set of circumstances mentioned above....... and to do it all overnight? You must be mad or just plain miserable.

No one has ever mentioned 80m.

We have no chance of signing superstars until we're promoted.

The structure of the business and the football operation must be attended to 1st, that's happening.

The squad must be assessed, that's happening.

Once assessed, the squad will be trimmed and the correct personnel for the Job will come in.

We WILL get promoted and we will trim the squad again and add the big names then.

We WILL finish top 10 in the Prem next year and then the squad will be trimmed and a few superstars will come in.

The next year, we will get relega Rolling Eyes we will qualify for the champions league.

I prefer this view of things to the doom mongerers view anyday.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Where's The Beef? 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:41 am

What a fucking moronic topic. Does it need to be its own topic? Can't Alf post this in an existing one? Does he crave this much attention?

The window has been open 6 days. Only Newcastle have spent more than the Villa and now the keeper from Italy has pretty much confirmed he's coming in we've spent c£7.5m with another £5m on that Reading midfielder on the cards. No one else in the entire league has spent more than £3m, Newcastle have spent loads but recouped £13m by selling their best player.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:43 am

4BetLite wrote:It's all well and good to create a talking point, but, seriously, Im not a fan of negativity just for the sake of it.

We were sold when the season ended, at a time that we were relegated and a major international tournament was about to start. We were sold to a Chinaman, a first for an English team.

Anyone who thinks that he can walk in and fix a huge club that has been bought to its knees by an idiot, taking into account the unique set of circumstances mentioned above....... and to do it all overnight? You must be mad or just plain miserable.

The structure of the business and the football operation must be attended to 1st, that's happening.

Once assessed, the squad will be trimmed and the correct personnel for the Job will come in.

We WILL get promoted and we will trim the squad again and add the big names then.

We WILL finish top 10 in the Prem next year and then the squad will be trimmed and a few superstars will come in.

The next year, we will get relega  Rolling Eyes  we will qualify for the champions league.

There are 5 viewpoints one can take in my opinion, I won't pigeon hole you into any of them, you can decide yourself.

1. Delusional (the villa are owned by chinese govt will be back in champions league in 5 years brgade)
2. Optimistic (villa will get promoted one day brigade)
3. Realist (the this is villa, not seen anything yet to get excited about brigade)
4. Pessimistic (the managers crap, the owners crap, the players are crap, the food is crap brigade)
5. Doom Monger (the Xia's a liar he ain't got no money, everyones crooked, we're gonna get asset stripped brigade)

I personally see myself in Cat. 3: Realist

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:45 am

ThePurist wrote:
4BetLite wrote:It's all well and good to create a talking point, but, seriously, Im not a fan of negativity just for the sake of it.

The next year, we will get relega  Rolling Eyes  we will qualify for the champions league.

There are 5 viewpoints one can take in my opinion, I won't pigeon hole you into any of them, you can decide yourself.

1. Delusional (the villa are owned by chinese govt will be back in champions league in 5 years brgade)
3. Realist (the this is villa, not seen anything yet to get excited about brigade)
4. Pessimistic (the managers crap, the owners crap, the players are crap, the food is crap brigade)
5. Doom Monger (the Xia's a liar he ain't got no money, everyones crooked, we're gonna get asset stripped brigade)

I disagree, you Sir, are, a 4.5 Where's The Beef? 4025243045
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:57 am

Alf T wrote:Aunt Sally Back again Where's The Beef? 3769219917

We KO in a few weeks.

So far we have brought in a young/relegated goalie from Italy, and a brilliant future Captain - imo -
Costs so far £7-8 million.
Long way to go to the original £80 million...then the  £4o million..then the £30 million.
And we are stripping out the Academy players left right and centre.
Paddy may me gone soon, which is a help for my migraine, but that is likely to produce another huge wage-bill with his replacement, if rumours are true.

So far we have spent loads on back-up staff and  hardly got  NEAR  the Derby / Forest /QPR/ Dogheads RECRUIITMENT ZONE ...need one mention the Toon's or even the new DOGHEAD's owner's wealth ??

So far we have been on a par with our neighbours...perhaps not that bad, Sleep .... I'm told that they bought some bugga for £300k
cheers

I can understand building an infrastructure for the future. ...shedding out loads of dosh etc, for 'Sports Scientist / Technical Directors / New Scouts / .. and  the clutch of "Investment  Experts"...which constitute 75% of the new Villa Board.

I was worried from Day One. I'm very frigthened now.

£80 mill >> £40 mill>> so far ££7-8 mill....and we Kick Off in a few weeks.

Where the money has been spent, SO FAR is 'perfect sense' to me....but it means a Long Term Turnaround for us, and a dragged-out promotion I think.

Where the money has gone, so far, is -- imo --- to rebuild our club----not to get automatice promotion, as so many people assume.

It's Easy...look where the money-for-wages has gone..the the future, not the present.

I don't mind that, and can risk a year or two in the Chumps League and will keep my ST...because that is what it will take to get rid of the parasite players, who will sit on their contracts, survive a 'bomb squad'  be called back in etc etc.
My ST will pay toward Gabby's exit. and it may take 2 years.

RDM and his staff are only dislodging kids so far. Securing 6/7 but letting tons go from the Academy. One of the brightest sparks in the UK Youth Set-Up.

When will they dislodge the  parasites ?

I'll risk a year or two in our new HOME... WE'll be Top Dogs anyway.

4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:09 am

I'd argue that the realist is more accurately described as Cautious, they want to see proof before jumping on the bandwagon
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:43 am

4BetLite wrote:
ThePurist wrote:

and you're a 0.5

na na na nar na Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:45 am

Villa_Dan wrote:I'd argue that the realist is more accurately described as Cautious, they want to see proof before jumping on the bandwagon

I'd go along with that. Still leaves me as a '3' cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:15 pm

ThePurist wrote:
4BetLite wrote:
ThePurist wrote:

and you're a 0.5

na na na nar na Very Happy

touche and I accept 0.5 Where's The Beef? 4025243045
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:17 pm

ThePurist wrote:I think anyone with a balanced and untainted view on things will see that Xia is a big talker but unlikely to be a big spender in all honesty. The talk of Chinese govt backing was funny to begin with, but then concerning cos people actually think its true! Still, each to their own.
That said, I firmly believe that we don't need fortunes spent to be competitive again. We just need wise heads, which I think we seem to be getting.

When Xia's wealth was questioned, the resident 'experts' all clamoured to tell us that China is different, businessmen don't reveal their wealth, it's all top secret, nobody knows....but the guy linked with Wolves (Robin Li) wealth and background is there for all to see....hmmm, go figure!

Oh, and looking on the clubs website the names Keith Wyness and Christopher Samuelson are not listed? Why?
Surely the fit and proper tests have been carried out by now? Currently we have one board member (Xia) and one advisor to the board (Brian Little).
Does anyone know what's happening with the board?

I have to agree with Alf to some extent, the kind of players we are linked with/not buying are hardly awe inspiring. Doesn't look to me like we are going hell for leather to get promoted immediately.
The fact a 37 year old retired player looks like he stands a decent chance of making the squad should be sounding alarm bells everywhere! Why are Lescott, Agbonlahor and Richards still involved? After last season they all should of been released (even WBA have shipped their crap out the door), purely for the way they alienated the fans.
Another thing, Xia slagged the recruitment policy at the club, yet Reilly is the only div still there from last seasons circus!

5/10 so far for Xia in my view. Have to give him credit for his managerial appointment but that's it up to yet.

Good post.

To be honest RDM was always the unity candidate.He was always going to give the bulk of the current squad another chance. Yes there is still 4 weeks to go - and a lot could change. But overall its not going to be the big clearout\spree that some expected. Indeed RDM has said himself he is good at getting difficult dressing rooms to work together.

Personally I don't think XIA has massive wealth - if he did he would have popped up on some rich list somewhere. Thats not the end of the world though - he looks to have recruited good people in Wyness and Stone. and you don't need mega bucks to get out of this division. Have to say I don't think RDM is the right man for us - but we will find out shortly.

Would like the club to tell us whats happening with Wyness and Samuelson with regards to fit and proper though.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:49 pm

I suspect it's smart management to hold on to a few players like Gabby and Richards. Not because they are great players, and lets be honest they are cancer in the dressingroom, but because too many squad changes are not usually a positive thing. Examples could be us last season or Sunderland under PDC.

Secondly it's probably wise to avoid selling and releasing players to competing clubs in the championship. Despite of our feelings of these rubbish players, they have the experience and could be valuable to clubs playing for promotion.

Bacuna,Guzan and Lescott however I want rid of. Period.

As for what Xia has done so far, I'm generally a pretty realistic person (some might say negative). But considering the fact that we in a month have gotten:

• RDM and Clarke
• New analytical dude (that I still don't understand what's job is)
• Elphick
• Promoted 3 academy players
• Released a few
• Gotten rid of N'Zogbia and Richardson
• Gotten a new deal with Heineken + some casino spa shite I've never heard of.
• Under Armour as kit providers.

I'd say it's moving along nicely.

It's pretty clear they are building for promotion and trying to get a few signings that can be useful in the PL when that happens.

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:53 pm

"• Gotten a new deal with Heineken + some casino spa shite I've never heard of".

Since you mentioned Heineken, WHERE'S OUR BLOODY BEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. ???????????????
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:18 pm

Joppe84 wrote:I suspect it's smart management to hold on to a few players like Gabby and Richards. Not because they are great players, and lets be honest they are cancer in the dressingroom, but because too many squad changes are not usually a positive thing. Examples could be us last season or Sunderland under PDC.

Secondly it's probably wise to avoid selling and releasing players to competing clubs in the championship. Despite of our feelings of these rubbish players, they have the experience and could be valuable to clubs playing for promotion.

Bacuna,Guzan and Lescott however I want rid of. Period.

As for what Xia has done so far, I'm generally a pretty realistic person (some might say negative). But considering the fact that we in a month have gotten:

• RDM and Clarke
• New analytical dude (that I still don't understand what's job is)
• Elphick
• Promoted 3 academy players
• Released a few
• Gotten rid of N'Zogbia and Richardson
• Gotten a new deal with Heineken + some casino spa shite I've never heard of.
• Under Armour as kit providers.

I'd say it's moving along nicely.

It's pretty clear they are building for promotion and trying to get a few signings that can be useful in the PL when that happens.

Big clearouts are often talked about - but often it remains just that.......talk.........

I think the big clearout idea died when we appointed RDM not Moyes or Pearson. In my time watching villa big clearouts have always gone pretty well

Saunders 1979
Taylor 1987
Big Ron 1990

Then of course there was Sherwood last season !

smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:19 pm

I think it's way too early to be doom mongering just yet Laughing I'd put myself as a 2 with a few concerns of a 3 and a touch of the dreams of a 1 from the above rating chart.

The Euro's are still going on so the transfers will surely not kick in just yet a while,

We have signed a good solid Captain in Elphick already.

It appears we have also bought a new Goalie from Italy in Gollini rated highly by our new Italian GK coach.

We may or may not be signing a very promising midfielder from Reading.

We are looking at a couple of decent Strikers

RDM is as we speak assessing the squad who are here and conversations have apparantly been had as to who is up for the Championship battle and who isn't.

NZOBIA has left Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana :moonwalk

Richardson has left

The pruning of the Youth set up has begun.

Stan is training with us and may yet earn a short contract giving us huge experience in midfield and another leader at the club potentially. If he ain't up to it he leaves so no risk!

The backroom team is still being assembled with a new Stats man poached from Southampton and a new head footy honcho apparently still incoming.

So where is the doom coming from?  Where's The Beef? 1787200310 That all looks very positive to me.

We are now no doubt awaiting the return of everyone else after the Euro's and equivalent over in the Americas. Then RDM will no doubt assess the situation still further and all the big money Premier League moves will happen and then trickle down to our level in the coming weeks at some point.

All looks on track to me  Where's The Beef? 50815218
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:14 pm

I asked Alf where his figure of £80m promised spend came from in another thread and he's yet to respond. So....2nd time of asking.

I'm sure he's not talking shit or quoting a rag paper that failed to back up such a statement.
Trotters
Trotters

Where's The Beef? 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:16 pm

Trotters wrote:I asked Alf where his figure of £80m promised spend came from in another thread and he's yet to respond. So....2nd time of asking.

I'm sure he's not talking shit or quoting a rag paper that failed to back up such a statement.

His missus Googled "What's 4 X 20?"
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:26 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:
Trotters wrote:I asked Alf where his figure of £80m promised spend came from in another thread and he's yet to respond. So....2nd time of asking.

I'm still tying to figure out why Alf has switched from red to blue ink
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:29 pm

4BetLite wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:

Dropped the pretense of him being a Villa fan?
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:46 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:
4BetLite wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:

Dropped the pretense of him being a Villa fan?

lol
I wanted to double like this, genius!
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:48 pm

Im sure Alf can defend himself and I have never heard £80m promised. Xia very loosley promised up to £50m - then there were more substantial reports of £30m. - Whatever - bottom line was Xia assured us he was a wealthy man and that he had funds to put us back to where we belong.
To be honest getting promoted this year shouldn't be about funds. We should be able to raise enough from player sales to get the players needed to get us back up. To my mind funding will become more of an issue should we got promoted and reasonable players are costing £20m a pop !

I did hope RDM would be further down the line with only 4 weeks to go though. We desparatley need a striker - and someone to supply him. We seemed to have cooled on Mccormack - and are hoping for Bamford on loan. Personally I would prefer a permanent signing instead or as well as....
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next