The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?

+24
Boldfinger
danclare82
BillytheKid
gdav
TheVillansOfAston
andrew24561
smetro
The Utterer
avfcjay
De Kuip
Aston Phila
villajk
Synopsis
4BetLite
avfc forever
NARLA24
Dions_Bald_Head
KMitch
jeffvilla
FoxyAV
Peter
deadbuzzardalive
Trotters
AstonThriller
28 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?  - Page 3 Empty Re: Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?

Post by smetro Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:57 am

AstonThriller wrote:
deadbuzzardalive wrote:I'm not saying that Xia is poor, in fact he or his or companies appear to be seriously wealthy, and that's not taking into account all this urban planning he seems to do with the Chinese Government, which if you look at Recon's and Xia's weibos, seem to be his main interest. I'm just saying that the Wolves owners are rich too.

Yes they are "rich" but in-terms of net-worth they aren't much better than Mike Ashley tbh. Regardless though we're both speculating anyway...lets just wait and see what transpires. Something inside tells me Xia has serious connections who are backing him...I just hope he can follow through with his promises.

Why the Ashley comparison ? - Ashley is seriously wealthy, but he is IMO a rich version of Lerner - his poor decision making undermines the money puts in.

I don't believe Xia is that wealthy in relative terms. But he seems a switched on bloke, hes brought in two good blokes in Wyness and Stone - hes registered that food company. For where we are money isn't the be all and end all. We are in the same division as Burton Albion FFS !
Sure if we want CL football - then Xia is going to have to stump up serious cash - but IMO top half prem can be achieved on moderate finances and good housekeeping.

UTV
smetro
smetro

Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?  - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?  - Page 3 Empty Re: Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?

Post by Villa_Dan Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:30 am

Mike Ashley is just Delboy who fell into a pot of cash. He's a scumbag chancer
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:40 am

We might be in the same division as Burton, but that doesn't mean to say we don't need to spend a decent amount of money to compete.

A team like Arsenal in the Premier have an aim of reaching Champions league, but they don't tell themselves that they don't need to spend much because they're in the same division as say Bournemouth. We'll hopefully be competing with the likes of Newcastle, Norwich, Derby and others, and to do so we'll need to be competitive in the transfer market.

Plus other teams, with the exception of Wolves, have an head start on us, in that their squads aren't in as much need of surgery.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:51 am

We need to focus on ourselves. Who cares about other clubs. Get this club sorted first. Create a team, and if we then lack funding for moving on, then worry about that later. Right now we could improve the team by selling a few players. Scarf Waving

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:10 am

LOL the Wolves fans still believe that "Robin Li is part of the takeover" and that they are the "fourth richest club in England behind City, Chelsea and Arsenal"...SMH I mean I know they are happy about being taken over but are they serious? Very Happy

For a start I'd like to see their new owners splash out 100m on one player!!..then they can say they are richer than United. Secondly If Robin Li has any involvement in the takeover his name will have to be placed as one of the directors or share holders!!...there's no-way anyone would put money into something they have no ownership over.

Last edited by AstonThriller on Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?  - Page 3 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:19 pm

In a way it's good to see Wolves back in the game, i always remember from my childhood it was Villa, Wolves, Wba, Sha... in that order most likely. Now i know WBA bored their way to safety last time out and may well also be taken over soon by whoever but it is quite comical how i guess the new order of the teams is
Wba, Villa, Sha, Wolves (if you look at last seasons positioning in the 92 League clubs list) ...but in financial clout terms which surely will have a huge baring on the future it's currently more like this
Wolves .....???Villa???
Wba
Sha but with Villa being a bit of an unknown quantity either just above, level or below Wolves due to us not knowing Xia's true worth!
The Utterer
The Utterer

Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?  - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:22 pm

Apparently Julen Lopetegui in his first interview as the Spain manager, has said that Robin Li is involved in the takeover and is heading the consortium. Fosun and Baidu are supposedly linked on some level.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:56 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Apparently Julen Lopetegui in his first interview as the Spain manager, has said that Robin Li is involved in the takeover and is heading the consortium. Fosun and Baidu are supposedly linked on some level.

I call bollox. If Li was involved why wouldn't he just buy it himself? Doesn't make sense. It's also interesting to note that Kenny Jackett is staying on as manager apparently!!....combine that with the "20-30m to be spent over the next two years" statement and it doesn't sound like we'll be seeing the "west midlands man city" any time soon. But still, I guess the proof will be in the pudding.

Last edited by AstonThriller on Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:06 pm

It doesn't seem likely to me either. Surely if Li was heading the consortium then it would be Baidu's name connected with the takeover and not some other company's name. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens, should be interesting times for Wolves, either way.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:30 pm

If he was involved he'd want his name and face plastered all over it.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:32 am

If they appoint Steve Bruce as manager - Id be very bothered about Wolves.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:08 pm

smetro wrote:If they appoint Steve Bruce as manager - Id be very bothered about Wolves.

They are keeping Jackett and the head scout Thirwell for now apparently Very Happy . Also some comments from their press conference today were..

"I will try to invest more in the club than Steve Morgan"

"We didn't want Jez Moxley to go"

"The chairman won't be at the games as he lives in China..new CEO will manage the club"

"Our goal is to try and get promoted and to stay there"

"Jorge Mendes is my friend and he is one of the agents we will look to work with"

"We looked at fifteen clubs over the last two years"

"Investment won't be a problem"

All in all though the Wolves fans are obviously excited I think the initial actions are quite revealing. They were more than happy to keep the status quo of Moxley, jackett and Thirwell together by the looks of it. And while the new chairman did say they needed "five to eight players" it will be interesting to see how many will be loan deals and also the quality of the ones they do buy with cash.

Obviously it remains to be seen where Wolves and us end up in the future. But when ones looks at the plans and actions of the new owners early doors, I think we shouldn't have anything to worry about. It also wouldn't surprise me to find out that Fosun were the Chinese group who were in for the Baggies and us last summer and the deal fell through after their owner went missing and as accused of fraud.

AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:42 pm

Signing Pele, Silvio and Helder Costa, all from Benfica. All seem to have a good pedigree, Pele has played for AC Milan, Silvio has caps for Portugal and Costa played over twenty games on loan at Monaco last season helping them to qualify for the Champions league.

On top of that there are strong rumours that Talisca is about to sign for them for twenty five million euros. He's definitely in the country apparently. These signings may not work out but they're showing that they mean business.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:09 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Signing Pele, Silvio and Helder Costa, all from Benfica. All seem to have a good pedigree, Pele has played for AC Milan, Silvio has caps for Portugal and Costa played over twenty games on loan at Monaco last season helping them to qualify for the Champions league.

On top of that there are strong rumours that Talisca is about to sign for them for twenty five million euros. He's definitely in the country apparently. These signings may not work out but they're showing that they mean business.

Two of the first three are loan deals apparently. Deals no doubt that's been made possible because of the agent they are friendly with. The Talisca talk is just that right now, talk. If they do sign him for big money then no doubt it sends a message but what really makes me laugh is the Villa fans on twitter crying their eyes out over Wolves rumours!! Laughing ..pathetic. And that lunatic IanRobo is at it again with his Xia bashing Rolling Eyes .

What Wolves do doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. Unless they spend 40/50m on six top class players they won't be closing the gap on us or Toon any time soon imo as their squad is pretty poor in all areas.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:14 pm

This might be good for us if it makes Xia even slightly twitchy that they're a decent shout to take a promotion spot. It just might ensure that the boat gets properly pushed out this transfer window.
Trotters
Trotters

Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?  - Page 3 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:23 pm

Wolves signing unproven Portuguese players doesn't worry me. They could come good and look great (and will likely be sold on for big fees if so, that's what Mendes wants) but they have just as much chance of not being able to perform at this level or in England.

If they spend E25M on Talisca then I'll sit up and take notice
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:36 pm

I think the price for Talisca would be around 16m which isn't that high in today's game when you consider that Fulham bought Mccormack for 12m not long ago.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by villajk Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:36 pm

yes I am bothered about wolves they seem to be doing there talking in the transfer market if they get Talisca would show they mean business
villajk

Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?  - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:57 pm

Quite a stark difference between the two new Chinese owners already. One can't keep his gob shut and talks a great game, and the other would appear to actually be doing something.

If Xia was as minted as he likes to make out, why are we waiting to sell the likes of Richards and Lescott? Even WBA terminated the contracts of players they didn't want any longer, and paid them off at the end of last season.
Richards came in on a free...why wait for a fee?
Lescott has a year left...get shot of him ffs!

We've signed a player no longer good enough for Bournemouth, a Reading youngster that may or may not be good enough and a keeper that was relegated last season.

Yes I'm bothered about Wolves. Only 3 go up...adding Wolves into the mix reduces our chances further.

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:03 pm

so xia has done fak all so far.

dear oh dear, I fackin hate negative ppl.

we are what we are and we'll finish where we finish.

if we push the boat out now we might sink forever, get real.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?  - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:22 pm

ThePurist wrote:
If Xia was as minted as he likes to make out, why are we waiting to sell the likes of Richards and Lescott? Even WBA terminated the contracts of players they didn't want any longer, and paid them off at the end of last season.

So don't try to sell them to reduce the loses but potentially waste cash cutting them loose now?

Ever wondered why the rich stay rich and you aren't? No rich person ever got there by wasting cash necessarily.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:31 pm

Agree with Dan, but the lack of investments speak volumes. Every idiot can see we need 3-4 if not 5 signings

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:32 pm

Terminating Richards contract doesn't just mean forfeiting a fee. It would also mean us paying of the rest of his contract. If I remember rightly he turned down Sunderland to join us because we offered big money, I think £90k was reported at the time.

So even if he only has say two years left on his contract it would cost us around £9m, to get rid. Same with our other players like Lescott and Bacuna.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:43 pm

ThePurist wrote:Quite a stark difference between the two new Chinese owners already. One can't keep his gob shut and talks a great game, and the other would appear to actually be doing something.

We've signed a player no longer good enough for Bournemouth, a Reading youngster that may or may not be good enough and a keeper that was relegated last season.

Yes I'm bothered about Wolves. Only 3 go up...adding Wolves into the mix reduces our chances further.

Well firstly the Wolves lot haven't bought anyone yet. Secondly while we've appointed champions league quality coaches they've stuck with Kenny Jackett and have apparently been turned down by two foreign coaches. Thirdly we've spent 12 net so far which, at the moment, is the most in the championship so far (Newcastle have gotten all their money back through sales). We've also got a top class CEO, stolen a top scout analyst from Southampton all while forming links with the Indian government with plans to buy feeder clubs.

This is why some Villa fans make me laugh!!..do those actions listed above suggest that our owner is small time? Would RDM and co really have come here if there wasn't a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow? There's not be another championship team in history who has attracted this level of manager (Toon already had Rafa) and I think there's a big reason for that..Xia and co are serious guys.

RDM said he could get "three or four more" signings and Xia has echoed his words!..the window doesn't shut for a few weeks yet so why the negativity? Like I said previously I believe by the time the window closes we will have spent around the 30m mark and to me that would be more than fair.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:48 pm

Gotta say I think it's a huge mistake of Wyness and Xia to be active on twitter. It will never end well

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next