The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?

+24
Boldfinger
danclare82
BillytheKid
gdav
TheVillansOfAston
andrew24561
smetro
The Utterer
avfcjay
De Kuip
Aston Phila
villajk
Synopsis
4BetLite
avfc forever
NARLA24
Dions_Bald_Head
KMitch
jeffvilla
FoxyAV
Peter
deadbuzzardalive
Trotters
AstonThriller
28 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?  - Page 6 Empty Re: Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?

Post by danclare82 Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:44 pm

Its certainly looking like we have the best of the 3 at the min. What more could we ask for from our new owner. Long may it continue.
danclare82
danclare82

Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?  - Page 6 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?  - Page 6 Empty Re: Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:41 pm

On Wolves I watched them against sha, and they looked pretty decent. A lot of loan players, but that did the trick for Watford.

As for Albion as far as I know their takeover hasn't been sanctioned yet by the football league. Pulis saying they're not going to be big spenders but he could just be being cautious.
deadbuzzardalive

Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?  - Page 6 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:45 pm

Wolves are the one to watch in my opinion. They are looking good.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?  - Page 6 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:57 pm

I can't believe we have a thread about these losers, all they do is talk about and envy us, let's not be as little as them. DELETE this thread they are not worth talking about !!!!
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:25 am

Boldfinger wrote:I can't believe we have a thread about these losers, all they do is talk about and envy us, let's not be as little as them. DELETE this thread they are not worth talking about !!!!

No-ones forcing you to look at this thread pal. This is a discussion about the impact of their takeovers compared to ours, that's all.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?  - Page 6 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:28 am

NARLA24 wrote:Wolves are the one to watch in my opinion. They are looking good.

A season or two ago Cardiff apparently won four out of the first five games and still didn't get promoted. Wolves haven't really played anyone who's gonna be serious contenders for the top four imo so lets see what happens when they do.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:30 am

AstonThriller wrote:
Boldfinger wrote:I can't believe we have a thread about these losers, all they do is talk about and envy us, let's not be as little as them. DELETE this thread they are not worth talking about !!!!

No-ones forcing you to look at this thread pal. This is a discussion about the impact of their takeovers compared to ours, that's all.
It was a joke mate. I know what a forum is.
Next time I'm at the shops I will keep an eye out for one for you ....... A sense of humour that is. ( again a joke )
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by Wriggle Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:40 am

Hailing from just outside of Wolverhampton i have a lot of Wolves fans as mates and they are all excited and happy at their take over as they think they have the financial might to challenge Man City now.

To me though something doesn't quite seem right with it all. If they have all this money, then why have most of their signings been loans? with the majority of them coming from Benfica, and players we've hardly heard of?

One of my mates posted a snapshot of a Wolves forum where a Benfica supporter had been on and posted saying welcome to the Mendes club and that he uses the 5 clubs in the group to trade players and to support each other with cash flow, for example when one teams needs cash they sell a player for over the odds to one of the other clubs, but then do the reverse later down the track. He said to expect to see lots of loans happening. If i can work out how to post the snapshot i will as he explains it better than i can, but it all sounds pretty dodgy to me.

Edit: worked it out...

Last edited by Wriggle on Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Wriggle
Wriggle

Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?  - Page 6 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wriggle Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:42 am

Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?  - Page 6 Image10
Wriggle
Wriggle

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:00 am

That's very interesting and, let's be honest, a brilliant system.

I can't help but wonder why Wolves though? And the only conclusion I can reach is that it's the China connection in the West Midlands....if they all want the area to be the new footballing version of Manchester then it will certainly be interesting.

And there's no doubt that Tony and Wynes will be highly aware of what's going on at Wolves and I should imagine that they might look into a similar system (albeit with Villa being at the top of the tree with feeder clubs all around us rather than being the inbred sibling at the bottom like Wolves wil likely be.

What I find quite amazing is that they couldn't sell this idea to a decent manager. You have to ask why?

Whatever the case, I think a Wolves side (as well as West Brom) firing on all cylinders is good for us. Tony will certainly not settle for 2nd best.
Trotters
Trotters

Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?  - Page 6 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Wriggle Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:04 am

I can't work out where the link is between the Chinese and Mendes though? especially if Mendes is pulling all the strings.

It seems a brilliant system, mainly for Mendes, as he's obviously making a shed load of money from it. but would a club reach the top in that system? Something seems very fishy to me and i just hope they don't get another bum deal like Blues got with Yeung as i'd love to see the 3 of us in the top 6 of the prem like the old days... and of course us top of the tree.
Wriggle
Wriggle

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:00 am

Well Pulis said that Peace still has a controlling interest so they won't sign anyone and they will ask for a minimum of 25m for Craig Gardner?

And this Mendes system seems to be the one where the clubs only end up owning the players right testicle and some dodgy group owns the rest of him?
DelboyVilla

Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?  - Page 6 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:23 am

Mendes must be making a fortune out of this!!!
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:37 am

Wriggle wrote:I can't work out where the link is between the Chinese and Mendes though? especially if Mendes is pulling all the strings.

It seems a brilliant system, mainly for Mendes, as he's obviously making a shed load of money from it. but would a club reach the top in that system? Something seems very fishy to me and i just hope they don't get another bum deal like Blues got with Yeung as i'd love to see the 3 of us in the top 6 of the prem like the old days... and of course us top of the tree.

Mendes has a football player agency which all of his footballers are signed to. Fosun bought a large percentage in Mendes's company so in essence Fosun benefit from Mendes's dealing hence why he's so involved with Wolves now. The system might be brilliant for Mendes but I very much doubt that it's brilliant for Wolves in the long term because they will never take priority over the bigger clubs like Benfica, Monaco and Zenit. Furthermore none of players sent to Wolves are top shelf signings. Ola John for example was on loan at Reading last season so he's hardly a superstar.

Our Xia is showing his spending power whilst also putting networks in place that will allow us to have feeder clubs and send our players to those respective clubs to develop talent. We would also be able to buy a non-EU player at those clubs, nurture them and then when they are eligible to get a permit said feeder club sells the player to us. Nice and simple really.

The Mendes network relies on solely one man's dealings and the manager's thoughts are seemingly not needed. That can never be healthy imo.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:32 am

AstonThriller wrote:
Wriggle wrote:I can't work out where the link is between the Chinese and Mendes though? especially if Mendes is pulling all the strings.

Mendes has a football player agency which all of his footballers are signed to. Fosun bought a large percentage in Mendes's company so in essence Fosun benefit from Mendes's dealing hence why he's so involved with Wolves now. The system might be brilliant for Mendes but I very much doubt that it's brilliant for Wolves in the long term because they will never take priority over the bigger clubs like Benfica, Monaco and Zenit. Furthermore none of players sent to Wolves are top shelf signings. Ola John for example was on loan at Reading last season so he's hardly a superstar.

Our Xia is showing his spending power whilst also putting networks in place that will allow us to have feeder clubs and send our players to those respective clubs to develop talent. We would also be able to buy a non-EU player at those clubs, nurture them and then when they are eligible to get a permit said feeder club sells the player to us. Nice and simple really.

The Mendes network relies on solely one man's dealings and the manager's thoughts are seemingly not needed. That can never be healthy imo.

Definitely prefer our new owner even if he has no money???? lol!
DelboyVilla

Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?  - Page 6 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:42 pm

TBH, these other Chinese groups buying other local clubs is only going to be a good thing for us. You get a sense from Dr. Xia that's he is a winner and wants to be the best at everything he does. Having other Chinese rivals involved in West Midlands football will only spur the man on and will, hopefully, release more funds for transfers/managers/infrastructure long term. Bring them on. Wolves, Baggies, Man City, Barca, I don't care as long as Dr. Tony is our chairman.
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:30 pm

Baggies go out of EFL to Northampton on pens Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?  - Page 6 498107619
De Kuip
De Kuip

Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?  - Page 6 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:19 am

Yeah i'm really worried about the Dingles and Sandwell tbh lads, i mean how beautiful is that shitty orange and black kit seeing that every week and even the same shitty orange colour stadium seats, man i bet thats a real privaledge to stand in front of a mirror and see yourself dressed in the horrible colour imaginable, plus the nick name Dingles is beautiful.

Same as Sandwell travelling past there stadium sometimes i look on and say to myself ''WOW that stadium is a real multipurpose creation, it resembles a bus stop whilst also being a football ground'' amazing piece of engineering tbh them scaffold bars are probably the thickest in the world and stick out so far at half time some Sandwell fans have a swing on them for a bit.

Oh well we can only dream
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:01 pm

Can you smell that? A feint whiff of...[sniff, sniff]....sarcasm!
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:03 pm

BillytheKid wrote:
Same as Sandwell travelling past there stadium sometimes i look on and say to myself ''WOW that stadium is a real multipurpose creation, it resembles a bus stop whilst also being a football ground'' amazing piece of engineering tbh them scaffold bars are probably the thickest in the world and stick out so far at half time some Sandwell fans have a swing on them for a bit.

Oh well we can only dream

I'd happily see some Boggies fans swinging from those bars...

(Too dark?)
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:41 pm

Bothered about Wolves or West Brom?  - Page 6 498107619
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:40 pm

So Wolves sign a 24 year old striker from Holland for 1m. Yet more bargin basement stuff and suddenly the quotes from former CEO Jez Moxley when he said they plan to spend "20m over the next two years" is starting to look more and more realistic. Thus far they've spent around 4m in transfer fees and perhaps a few more mill on loan fees. That's not the actions of a club looking to make a big splash in the market regardless of how well they've started.

Last edited by AstonThriller on Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:51 pm

[quote="AstonThriller"]So Wolves sign a 24 year old striker from Holland for 1m. Yet more bargin basement stuff and suddenly the quotes from former CEO Jex Moxley when he said they plan to spend "20m over the next two years" is starting to look more and more realistic. Thus far they've spent around 4m in transfer fees and perhaps a few more mill on loan fees. That's not the actions of a club looking to make a big splash in the market regardless of how well they've started. [/quote

Same as the Sandwell not spending anything really even though they got the massive cheque from TV deals, we have certainly landed on our feet with an ambitious owner taking us over comparing to the Dingles and Sandwellers, i think the Dingles are just having an early season phase that will blow out in a month onwards and Sandwell for relegation there owners of both teams do not have lofty plans as ours :)
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:28 pm

If they manage to get promoted it's a masterstroke. No championship players on 3-4 year contracts to offload while you try and rebuild, so you have all that TV money to borrow against and go crazy.

Fail to get promoted though....
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:31 pm

True Trotters getting promotion on spending next to nowt would be a masterstroke but even if they do go up which i don't think they will as they will fade off there squad is thread thin, the amount of money needed for them to spend to even get a competing Premiership side built would be a huge amount then trying to attract the players there whilst not offering big wages, not worried by the Dingles at all tbh

Sandwell are down this season along with Sunderland.
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next